Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,047,532 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Ragoo said:

YNWA_AG said:

ARK bought around 200 mil of Tesla today
TSLA is trading at -3ATR, hasn't traded at -3ATR since late last March.... up 9x since then.
What does -3ATR mean?

Average true range. Measure of typical stock movement in a given time. Think of 0 as the middle, +1 is above normal, +2 is extended, +3 is Pretty nuts and doesn't stay that way long usually. Negatives are the same way, long at -3 and short at +3 can (CAN, NOT ALWAYS) work out for short term trades
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Ragoo
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Aggie09Derek said:

Ragoo said:

YNWA_AG said:

ARK bought around 200 mil of Tesla today
TSLA is trading at -3ATR, hasn't traded at -3ATR since late last March.... up 9x since then.
What does -3ATR mean?

Average true range. Measure of typical stock movement in a given time. Think of 0 as the middle, +1 is above normal, +2 is extended, +3 is Pretty nuts and doesn't stay that way long usually. Negatives are the same way, long at -3 and short at +3 can (CAN, NOT ALWAYS) work out for short term trades
inhave mine set around the 21EMA.
AgEng06
AG
Thanks for the explanation. How do you add them in TOS, just like other studies?
FbgTxAg
AG
If we aren't already part way through a correction, here are some stocks on my watchlist that are beat up pretty badly and would definitely qualify as BTFD.

PLUG @ 49.70
NOK @ 3.96
XL @ 16.20
DPW @ 5.40
FUBO @ 40.80
CBAT @ 7.05
U @ 115.42
WWR @ 6.99

AAPL @ 125.82

I'm sure there are others, but these were the ones I either own or were on my "Want to Own" list at substantially higher prices.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Ragoo
AG
FbgTxAg said:

If we aren't already part way through a correction, here are some stocks on my watchlist that are beat up pretty badly and would definitely qualify as BTFD.

PLUG @ 49.70
NOK @ 3.96
XL @ 16.20
DPW @ 5.40
FUBO @ 40.80
CBAT @ 7.05
U @ 115.42
WWR @ 6.99

AAPL @ 125.82

I'm sure there are others, but these were the ones I either own or were on my "Want to Own" list at substantially higher prices.
PTON
TSLA
NIO
ROKU @$415 if it gets there
CHWY, might be worth a trade off of the 21ema
Jet Black
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

UWMC... and yes, IMO

I think it's an easy 50%er from here. Don't ask me for timeframe, because I figured we would be trading in the low teens.

It's an accumulation play for me.
FJB
AG
BlueTaze said:

I'm guessing this has something to do with AMC action today...

AH up another 5%
Who is John Galt?

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
FJ - I neglected to congratulate you earlier today!
irish pete ag06
AG
FbgTxAg said:

PLUG @ 49.70
NOK @ 3.96
XL @ 16.20
DPW @ 5.40
FUBO @ 40.80
CBAT @ 7.05
U @ 115.42
WWR @ 6.99

AAPL @ 125.82

I already own nearly this entire list
backintexas2013
AG
BTC still taking it on the chin.
Ags2013
AG
backintexas2013 said:

BTC still taking it on the chin.

My blockchain plays taking upper cuts
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
So similar to bollinger bands or the Keltner channel?
AgsnFly
AG
Sold my /BTC contracts near $54k today. Buy orders back in around $49.6k. Not shorting.
McInnis 03
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

So similar to bollinger bands or the Keltner channel?

Keltner for certain. That's typically based on the upper and lower channel being +/-2ATR, bolly bands use standard deviation as the measure of upper and lower bands. Similar, but ATR is definitely part of keltner
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Ajollyag
HYLN anyone? Suppose to be selling their O&G assets soon and love the direction this company is going. Dare I say could be the next tesla?
cottonpicker
AG
I have been in sono since it was 24. It has shown slow steady growth and has been very steady over the last week. May be something to look at.
DisAg
Roblox direct listing on March 10th. Mark your calendar's.

Pseudo-Massively Multiplayer Game that has graphics similar to Minecraft. This is a good thing because it doesn't require a cutting edge PC to play on. It is also available on iOS and android devices. It also has an exclusivity deal with Microsoft so the only console you can play Roblox on is the XBOX.

Revenue is generated mainly off of Gift Certificates or direct purchase of in game currency called Robux. This is mainly used to buy cosmetics in game.

Another neat feature is users can actually make games with Roblox, and earn revenue off said game (cut goes to Roblox of course). So this game has a lot of content creator personalities playing and advertising this game through YouTube and Twitch. Free advertising, can't beat that.

Link explains how the revenue sharing works: https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/articles/developer-economics

My two kids (girl and boy) play this game a majority of the time. Their only two wants for birthday and Christmas? Steam cards and Robux.

This game will generate and continue to generate an incredible amount of revenue. It's closing in on 1 billion dollars in revenue (923 million in 2020).

Brewmaster
AG
FbgTxAg said:

PLUG @ 49.70
NOK @ 3.96
XL @ 16.20
DPW @ 5.40
FUBO @ 40.80
CBAT @ 7.05
U @ 115.42
WWR @ 6.99

AAPL @ 125.82

I'll play:

FUBO
TIGR
MARA
HYLN

On SPX, I think we're finishing up consolidating in a bull flag and the next move will tear some bears a new one.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Oil poppin... XOM may gap again tomorrow.
FbgTxAg
AG
BREwmaster said:

FbgTxAg said:

PLUG @ 49.70
NOK @ 3.96
XL @ 16.20
DPW @ 5.40
FUBO @ 40.80
CBAT @ 7.05
U @ 115.42
WWR @ 6.99

AAPL @ 125.82

I'll play:

FUBO
TIGR
MARA
HYLN

On SPX, I think we're finishing up consolidating in a bull flag and the next move will tear some bears a new one.

From your keyboard to God's ears, Homeskillet.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Boban
Unsure what the IPO price will be as they've been crazy recently, but I will be buying in my long term holdings. This is one of the IPO's where even if I'm price out I will add on dips/when it gets its legs underneath it.
DisAg
4&T said:

Unsure what the IPO price will be as they've been crazy recently, but I will be buying in my long term holdings. This is one of the IPO's where even if I'm price out I will add on dips/when it gets its legs underneath it.

Not an IPO, it will be a direct listing. I'll be up at 4 am March 10th
HelloUncleNateFitch
DisAg said:

Pseudo-Massively Multiplayer Game that has graphics similar to Minecraft. This is a good thing because it doesn't require a cutting edge PC to play on. It is also available on iOS and android devices. It also has an exclusivity deal with Microsoft so the only console you can play Roblox on is the XBOX.

Revenue is generated mainly off of Gift Certificates or direct purchase of in game currency called Robux. This is mainly used to buy cosmetics in game.

Another neat feature is users can actually make games with Roblox, and earn revenue off said game (cut goes to Roblox of course). So this game has a lot of content creator personalities playing and advertising this game through YouTube and Twitch. Free advertising, can't beat that.

Link explains how the revenue sharing works: https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/articles/developer-economics

My two kids (girl and boy) play this game a majority of the time. Their only two wants for birthday and Christmas? Steam cards and Robux.

This game will generate and continue to generate an incredible amount of revenue. It's closing in on 1 billion dollars in revenue (923 million in 2020).

What's timeframe of the exclusivity deal? Seems a significant inhibitor to its growth if can't expand market to Nintendo and PS4/PS5 users very quickly.
Boban
DisAg
UncleNateFitch said:

DisAg said:

What's timeframe of the exclusivity deal? Seems a significant inhibitor to its growth if can't expand market to Nintendo and PS4/PS5 users very quickly.

You can play Roblox from a browser on ps4/5, but actually playing it as game launched from the ps4/5 is still in development.

From what I have read the port of the game was poor on Xbox, they might be taking there time on the PlayStation side. No idea when the exclusivity deal expires.

Edit: I would also say a majority of there revenue comes from mobile devices. My son does both, although certain games play better with a keyboard and mouse interface vs touch. My daughter mainly uses her iPad to play for now, she is younger.
Ragoo
AG
So is this like Minecraft? Wasn't that big for a few years? How is roblox not just a fad?
FishrCoAg
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Anyone in EDIT?

Researching for a starter position.
I was in it last year at 20, sold covered calls and didn't roll when I should have at 35. It's been hard to look at since but I think it's a good long term play
Brewmaster
AG
Ajollyag said:

HYLN anyone? Suppose to be selling their O&G assets soon and love the direction this company is going. Dare I say could be the next tesla?
Yes, I like this one a lot. I plan to hold it and sell cc's on long term shares. I read this tidbit below today:

Ornithopter
AG
It is far more monetized than minecraft.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Futures look pretty good. Wonder if tomorrow is index shorting time.
DisAg
Ragoo said:

So is this like Minecraft? Wasn't that big for a few years? How is roblox not just a fad?

Minecraft is still huge and still bringing in incredible revenue for Microsoft.

Then you add in the ability to create content and make money from it. The amount of different games being developed on this platform is incredible. These games are being developed by teens and adults. I believe there is a story of a 13 year old make over a 100k last year from a game he made.
Ornithopter
AG
Why the winky face?
Ragoo
AG
DubFalls said:

that isn't my question. It is a game targeted to people who change their interests like underwater. How do they continue to monetize into the future? Apparently the game was launched in 2006 and this evening is the first I've ever heard about it. Buying the direct listing could be worthless in 2 years when the next hot game comes out or the current user matures out.
Ragoo
AG
DisAg said:

Ragoo said:

Minecraft is still huge and still bringing in incredible revenue for Microsoft.

Then you add in the ability to create content and make money from it. The amount of different games being developed on this platform is incredible. These games are being developed by teens and adults. I believe there is a story of a 13 year old make over a 100k last year from a game he made.
interesting.
Ornithopter
AG
Ragoo said:

DubFalls said:

that isn't my question. It is a game targeted to people who change their interests like underwater. How do they continue to monetize into the future? Apparently the game was launched in 2006 and this evening is the first I've ever heard about it. Buying the direct listing could be worthless in 2 years when the next hot game comes out or the current user matures out.

To me, the play is to buy it at 4am and hope to sell it for a profit to Robinhood traders later in the day.
First Page Last Page
Page 3308 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.