Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,072,963 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by El_duderino
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cageybee77 said:

I understand forward - but some of this stuff looks (because I'm ignorant) like pipe dreams.
what tickers? this is a trading thread, mostly.
Bird Poo
AG
cageybee77 said:

I understand forward - but some of this stuff looks (because I'm ignorant) like pipe dreams. And the prices being paid are as if that "forward" projection is already realized.
Can you be specific?
bmks270
AG
cageybee77 said:

I understand forward - but some of this stuff looks (because I'm ignorant) like pipe dreams. And the prices being paid are as if that "forward" projection is already realized.

It's a bubble, an electric vehicle bubble.
bmks270
AG
And about ROKU:

"Shares of Roku have gained 95% over the past three months as the S&P 500 has risen 9.7%."
cageybee77
AG
Why aren't people talking about boring companies like AGM (I don't own any stocks atm) makes lots of money, good P/E, good yield, and projected growth is good?
cageybee77
AG
This looks like a pipe-dream scenario to me.......they lose lots of money and have lots of competition (providing content)
austinAG90
AG
This is a trading thread.
Rice and Fries
Someone tell me why MARA is dropping today?
bmks270
AG
cageybee77 said:

Why aren't people talking about boring companies like AGM (I don't own any stocks atm) makes lots of money, good P/E, good yield, and projected growth is good?

This is more an active traders thread. Sounds like a stock for discussion in the swing and long term trade thread.
cageybee77
AG
Ohhhh - I didn't know there was another thread. Found it. Not well used. But it's where I belong apparently. Happy trading!
jj9000
AG
jj9000 said:

IMMR @ .875 Mark...3/19 20C
This freaking guy right here knew what he was talking about.

Hendrix
AG
If PLTR drops tomorrow I'm going all in.
bmks270
AG
cageybee77 said:

This looks like a pipe-dream scenario to me.......they lose lots of money

So did Netflix.

And Roku actually turned a profit this quarter in today's earnings.
Their revenue growth is outstanding.
They are still growing like crazy. It's hard to price growth stocks. PE ratios become meaningless. Netflix had PE ratio in the hundreds for a while but revenues grew into it and the share price never really cratered.

ROKU is a market maker. They are the Amazon of the streaming space bringing viewers and content providers together. That's why I've been long Roku since it was a $70 stock. Uber and Airbnb are also examples of market makers.

Roku is also the market leader in the streaming platform space. It's their niche, not a side project like it is at Amazon or Apple.

I still don't understand how people don't see Roku's dominance. They are now the gatekeepers between content producers and viewers. Traditional cable subscriptions are in decline, and those viewers are moving to streaming platforms like Roku, and streaming content providers like Netflix.

I think Roku will eventually have a market cap larger than than Comcast and Netflix. It only makes since that they would as Roku replaces cable and also is agnostic to content providers (Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Disney+, HBO). In the streaming future the largest market maker should have a larger market cap than the market participants.

In mature sectors the leader usually has 60-80% market share, I think Roku is at 50% last I saw, with the 2nd and 3rd place each around 20-25%. Roku's market share isn't guaranteed to increase, it could still be overtaken, but I don't think Apple TV or Amazon fire stick are going to surpass it.
Whitehouse Road
AG
Cathie with a 5.2 million share buy of $PLTR
McInnis 03
AG
Cathie bought 5,274,700 more pltr shares
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
bmks270
AG
Her fund is going to outgrow the size of the underlying companies....
Red Red Wine
AG
I can't yet quite afford 5mm shares of PLTR, but someday, I will be happy to afford 100K shares.
jimmo
Cathie !
barely was able to grab a little on the dip
Mostly Foggy Recollection
I jumped in on NTXD today. A little behind you guys, but I'll take my 2.50 average and angle lower.

ProgN
cageybee77 said:

This is a more of a trading thread but you're applying two different disciplines into one trade. IMO, you're applying Peter Lynch principles to today's markets. That will never equal mentally. Your approach would have had you loading the boat about a year ago in XOM at 35 or less for the yield. It's a winning move, but not what this thread is focused on. I'm very familiar with that approach, but I'm in the camp that you can make 10X your money in the same time frame by trading swings and targeting your entry and exits. I hope that helps.
cageybee77
AG
Sorry - I transposed data from another stock I had just been looking at.
PLTR up 4 AH
Pignorant
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

PLTR up 4 AH

4%
McInnis 03
AG
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
cef88
AG
Wish I could invest in Plumbers in the state of Texas, one week of weather will put them in the black for the year...
McInnis 03
AG
cef88 said:

Wish I could invest in Plumbers in the state of Texas, one week of weather will put them in the black for the year...

Wait for the landscapers....

B&I Key:
AgPrognosticator
AG
McInnis 03 said:

cef88 said:

Propane delivery companies.

EVERYONE I know is out of propane.
jj9000
AG
AgPrognosticator said:

McInnis 03 said:

cef88 said:

Propane delivery companies.

EVERYONE I know is out of propane.
Let's just say....I know a guy.

mazag08
AG
I'm going to invest in law firms that represent class action suits against energy companies.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
as a 12 month investment, I think you'll make money in AGM.

dhulse06
This memo by Howard Marks of Oaktree Capital ($139B AUM) isn't super technical but discusses value investing vs growth investments. Insightful since he has been weighted toward value while his son is more growth focused.
https://www.oaktreecapital.com/docs/default-source/memos/coming-into-focus.pdf
Wait until you get a load of the gas lines in 2-3 days....
leoj
AG
cef88 said:

One that I called yesterday could get to us next Wednesday, 400-500 people in front of us.
Whitehouse Road
AG
$DNN sitting right at the Model T from the move up starting on 2/5
McInnis 03
AG
FRX (beachbody spac) jumped AH

B&I Key:
First Page Last Page
Page 3281 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.