Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,073,134 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by El_duderino
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Clutch beat me to it, I choked.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Post removed:
by user
AggieChemist
AG
Since I am playing with fun money in the TDA account, I purchased 100 shares of DNN this am at 1.29. I then sold a 3/19 covered call contract at a strike of 2.5.

I make $20 today, and have to sell @ 2.5 if at any time the contract gets exercised. If it doesn't get exercised I just keep my shares and $20.

Am I understanding what I did correctly?
Ags2013
AG
Thoughts on buying BRQS with a pretty big dip today?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
From Roaring Kitty/Keith Gill's testimony in the GME hearing:

Quote:

As for what I expect moving forward: GameStop's stock price may have gotten a bit ahead of itself last month, but I'm as bullish as I've ever been on a potential turnaround. In short, I like the stock. And what's stunning is that, as far as I can tell, the market remains oblivious to GameStop's unique opportunity within the gaming industry.

Hilarious.
cisgenderedAggie
That is correct.
McInnis 03
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

From Roaring Kitty/Keith Gill's testimony in the GME hearing:

Quote:

As for what I expect moving forward: GameStop's stock price may have gotten a bit ahead of itself last month, but I'm as bullish as I've ever been on a potential turnaround. In short, I like the stock. And what's stunning is that, as far as I can tell, the market remains oblivious to GameStop's unique opportunity within the gaming industry.

Hilarious.
please please please get "Tendies" on the congressional record. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ClutchCityAg
McInnis 03 said:

Clutch beat me to it, I choked.
Talking about the RUN option flow? I had bailed around 3.50ish, jumped back in at 2.85
Let it ride
McInnis 03
AG
Nah, OA's multi million share discussion

B&I Key:
TxAG#2011
LGHL. Exact same setup as EBON and SOS prior to their runs.

Only licensed crypto exchange in middle east to have fiat pairings.
McInnis 03
AG
I'm adding GSAT shares here to my already bloated call burden.

I like the stock.

B&I Key:
sts7049
AG
sts7049 said:

i bought some april 7.5s
quite happy i did this, already up around .30
FJ43
third coast.. said:

third coast.. said:

7 figures in a stock that trades for less than a quarter?

Read his tweet wrong..I think. 7 figures of shares.
I have been swamped. Anyone know what his entry was on it? Hard chart to read with recent action.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I bought 100K shares on MGTI.
cgh1999
AG
What's the current thought on BIGC? It's down a bunch lately - still a good play, or time to cut my losses?
Bird Poo
AG
AggieChemist said:

Since I am playing with fun money in the TDA account, I purchased 100 shares of DNN this am at 1.29. I then sold a 3/19 covered call contract at a strike of 2.5.

I make $20 today, and have to sell @ 2.5 if at any time the contract gets exercised. If it doesn't get exercised I just keep my shares and $20.

Yes, you executed a covered call.

Just have to hope it doesn't get over 2.5 or you lose those shares.
AggieChemist
AG
PearlJammin said:

AggieChemist said:

Understood. But if they do, I still make 2X my investment plus $20. I just miss out on diamondhandgainz.
zag213004
AG
Man my NIO calls... Geez
ClutchCityAg
McInnis 03 said:

Nah, OA's multi million share discussion
Well, as long as we get in first then totally okay with OA pumping it to whoever lurks on his account. (AKA Cathie)
Let it ride
Post removed:
by user
AgShaun00
AG
McInnis 03
AG
The amount of calls for tomorrow on EBON is really interesting. This could force it to be one of these AH wonders tonight.

B&I Key:
ProgN
cgh1999 said:

What's the current thought on BIGC? It's down a bunch lately - still a good play, or time to cut my losses?
Earnings are today iirc, I'm waiting until after they report to buy.
Bird Poo
AG
AggieChemist said:

PearlJammin said:

AggieChemist said:

Understood. But if they do, I still make 2X my investment plus $20. I just miss out on diamondhandgainz.
You have 200 shares and sold 1 contract (100 shares) @2.50. If stock price gets to 2.50, then 100 shares will no longer be yours because they will be exercised. You keep your remaining 100 shares because those were not under a contract. It's why folks will sell covered calls on a portion of their existing shares, instead of all of them.
BrokeAssAggie
McInnis 03 said:

The amount of calls for tomorrow on EBON is really interesting. This could force it to be one of these AH wonders tonight.

So my 3/19 $12.5 CC are more than likely toast but that will also mean I'm net free.
Post removed:
by user
cisgenderedAggie
third coast.. said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

I bought 100K shares on MGTI.

After that tweet?

Also in on that tweet. BTC stock. 100 times less opulent than $30k but why not.
turfman80
AG
Just went net free on EBON
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Anything that's still otm on day of expiration is generally a total loss or lotto. Almost no premium left in those, would need a gap up and strong upward trajectory to even hope to salvage a nickel out of those
jbeck3487
AG
$WWR mode T on the intraday
Bob Knights Paper Hands
spud1910 said:

Thanks to you and McKinnis I am now in. IBKR does let me do as a single transaction, but took a little playing to get the parameters I needed.
Just remember that these can take a bit longer to fill when you are trying to sell them, especially for a lower liquidity stock. Make sure you are aware of what you'd potentially be on the hook for if it got exercised. If your account can't handle that you may want to sell a little earlier than you might otherwise.
Fireman
AG
Did $MGTI get stopped? ETrade won't let me buy any shares.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Prognightmare said:

cgh1999 said:

Earnings are today iirc, I'm waiting until after they report to buy.

Who wants scratch offs!?
First Page Last Page
Page 3277 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.