Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,077,532 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by El_duderino
Ornithopter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Madam Cathie Wood bought 1,560,200 million shares of PLTR today

At this point I think it's time for her to drop the charade and just admit she follows OAs tweets
Mostly Foggy Recollection
DubFalls said:

At this point I think it's time for her to drop the charade and just admit she follows OAs tweets
Bulldog73
AG
I know there's a lot of self fulfilling prophecy/ pump & dump, but this is fairly impressive.

Aggie09Derek
AG
Guru shredder has some flaws himself
BullSprig07
AG
Any particular calls are you guys looking at buying for PLTR?
Water Turkey07
Brewmaster
AG
he is one of the few Atlas guys that does his own DD and plays longer holds. SINO is one for example. He doesn't usually jump in the pump n dump tickers.
Yes, I'm a fan of his he knows his stuff.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG

Monsieur small fish $30K bought 700 shares of PLTR today
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
TSNP boned me hard today.
oldarmy1
AG
Non-scientific "feels" time. I think we rally hard tomorrow.
oldarmy1
AG
Darn that Cathie Wood. But we knew she would be all over this opening.
agdaddy04
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Darn that Cathie Wood. But we knew she would be all over this opening.

Think a purchase like that will keep it from being a solid opening after market open?
Peter Klaven
AG
So as a small-time investor, one thing I struggle with, even after going net-free, is when to close out positions. Unfortunately for my account size, it seems like there are simply too many positions to entertain on a daily/weekly basis while it's a struggle to cut profitable positions to free up capital.

How do ya'll decide when to take capital on a winner and re-direct it to something new? For an example, I'm up double on PHUN but I can't help but feel maybe that $$$ is now better spent in buying additional WWR on the dip?

Any insight is appreciated!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Quick thoughts

• Tech is weak right now, clearly. $AMZN has formed another monster wedge and is entering consolidation
  • $FB has entered a squeeze, I think this will chop around a bit and then I think think can go to higher highs. Max pain this week is 265, might be a call credit spread candidate
  • Costco could be starting to reverse. 350 is pretty solid support
  • CVS got absolutely murdered on great earnings. I do not think this will stay down for long. I will be a big buyer at $68 if it gets that low. March 5 69/66.5 put credit spreads could be a good income trade
  • BLK - I hate these guys, but no denying it's a quality setup.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$GPL - look at the volume and the huge moves.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Peter Klaven said:

So as a small-time investor, one thing I struggle with, even after going net-free, is when to close out positions. Unfortunately for my account size, it seems like there are simply too many positions to entertain on a daily/weekly basis while it's a struggle to cut profitable positions to free up capital.

How do ya'll decide when to take capital on a winner and re-direct it to something new? For an example, I'm up double on PHUN but I can't help but feel maybe that $$$ is now better spent in buying additional WWR on the dip?

this is the hardest part. Phun's move will enter a period of consolidation. Take the profit.
wanderer
Peter Klaven said:

That's a good question and one that I'm sure many on here struggle with, I know I do.

The net free approach is supposed to let you sleep better at night knowing that you got your initial capital back and that your risk is off. Another way to say it is, you're now 'playing with house money'. I've never really liked this saying because I'm not sure I believe that there is such a thing as 'house money'. Once it's in your account, it's your money and losing it becomes a potential opportunity cost.

Now don't get me wrong, I've followed the net free approach on many stocks over the past 4-6mo, but the above is something I always think about and struggle with thinking that "all of the little stocks are a all-time highs and why wouldn't I sell more to realize more gains right now??"

I wish there was an easy answer.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
smaller accounts have to redeploy capital. Get the gains, move on to the next thing.
AggieChemist
AG
PLTR

0708aggie
AG
Gentlemen. Options pricing has been "fixed" on the spreadsheet. If someone has the original entry points and exits for each option, please enter those in now. I've added a "Help" field below to assist in entering new positions when they arise. Please do not modify the formulas in column H.

To those that saw the equation before, I can discuss that later. This one is much easier to use and I can pull directly from Yahoo Finance.
BobFriend13
AG
On the one day charts it shows it's stair stepped down a few times on this run before going back up. Hoping to see green soon.
SquareOne07
AG
Peter Klaven said:

I've been wondering the same thing as well. You can use Barchart to look into specific resistance and support levels, so I have been thinking about using those as guides that will help me tier out.

For example, if I moved into XYZ @$10 for 100 shares and the first resistance level is $10.40, then I could:

- go net free by selling 96 shares, thus leaving me with 4 shares ($41.60 still invested in XYZ) and the $1,000 to move along with

- have a figure in mind of selling XX% at the first resistance level that will lock in some gains and leave a good invested position. For example, if my rule was to sell half of my shares at the first resistance level of $10.40, that would leave me with 50 shares ($520 still invested in XYZ) and $520 to move along with (more than half of my original investment. I guess the next step here would be to then evaluate the next resistance and support levels and let them guide you from there

- Or "let it ride" and hope for a GME. Kidding. But for those with no set rule in place, I imagine they get pretty adept at fundamental and technical analysis to determine exit strategies.

Thoughts?
Philip J Fry
AG
SOLO has an interesting chart.

https://finviz.com/quote.ashx?t=SOLO&ty=c&p=d&b=1
astros4545
AG
Can you re-link
evan_aggie
AG
Bulldog73 said:

I know there's a lot of self fulfilling prophecy/ pump & dump, but this is fairly impressive.

MYOS didn't go up 1000%. It went up maybe 100%.
FJ43
Morning all. Here's to APPL going to the moon today and BFT breaking out for those options to pay.

Today I plan to trim some positions and work to get myself back into my personal cash ratio targets....at a profit of course.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Rice and Fries
BTC is blowing through close to $52K. MARA up nicely.

Trimmed a lot of fat yesterday. Can't believe I was able to get net free on the RUN calls last week and then dip out yesterday when it was still $84.

Interesting to see what today will bring but I'm not questioning Oa1s gut feeling about rallying!
sts7049
AG
SOS is just insane.

i sold CC on half originally at 10 but it's gone way past that now. i see this morning they opened up higher strikes so i'm gonna roll them right away
FJ43
UUUU

Starting a position in UUUU this morning. Already had a few fills and will add at levels.

Should have went in when I posted last Friday. Missed 15% of the move already.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
AAPL

If my charting is correct $131.80ish will be a possible support level and if not the 50 Day EMA will be it.

Carlo4
AG
AQMS with massive jump... edit I mean hyperspace! Holy cow
Maximus_Meridius
AG
ONTX gapping up this morning by about .20, not seeing any news yet.

Look at the daily volume for EBON...I think liftoff is approaching (I'm gonna regret going with the 2/19 cc, aren't I?)

MARA's gonna hit 50 before the end of the week at the rate it's going...

And, to the surprise of absolutely NOBODY, a law firm felt the need to "remind investors of the class action lawsuits pending against CLOV". God, I hate lawyers...
sts7049
AG
i saw a little ONTX chatter on atlas... that probably explains the jump
Running with the Bulls
$ONTX

I believe I saw news yesterday they completed their stock offering at $1 and all shares offered were bought. Bullish sign.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Running with the Bulls said:

$ONTX

I believe I saw news yesterday they completed their stock offering at $1 and all shares offered were bought. Bullish sign.
yeah, just found that. Thanks for the heads up.

My gosh, EBON is freaking ripping right now.
cageybee77
AG
How optimistic
First Page Last Page
Page 3262 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.