Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,076,076 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by El_duderino
AgShaun00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
being an electrical contractor. microgrid been a big topic last few years. This could be a big stock play in the future maybe. Thoughts?

https://microgridknowledge.com/microgrids-texas-blackouts/
wanderer
McInnis 03 said:

Barty advised me (that should be a warning right there) that @PharmD on twitter has been stating his single largest holding is PAVM and is accumulating here. It's cheap and if you want a bio play it could be one worth spending a few hundred on. It's in a bit of a box and it's on the low side so now is the time to attack.
I followed PharmD into this back in Nov/Dec. If you did the same and haven't looked at the ticker today, you might want to.

Up to 5.20 AH. (29% gain today and another 15% AH)
FJ43
AgShaun00 said:

being an electrical contractor. microgrid been a big topic last few years. This could be a big stock play in the future maybe. Thoughts?

Interesting article. Wonder who the up and comers are that are public companies?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43

MVIS announces $50M mixed shelf offering after close. Shares down 7%. Basically they can at their discretion from time to time sell $50M worth of shares into the market at market pricing.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

wanderer
FJ43 said:

AgShaun00 said:

Interesting article. Wonder who the up and comers are that are public companies?
Siemens, Schneider Electric, Emerson, Eaton, ABB, Duke, Cleanspark (software side)
kyledr04
AG
Wish I'd thought about buying some GNRC last week. What a run. It may keep going since half of texas wants a generator.
gougler08
AG
FJ43 said:

MVIS announces $50M mixed shelf offering after close. Shares down 7%. Basically they can at their discretion from time to time sell $50M worth of shares into the market at market pricing.
Smart for a lot of these companies to do an offering on these big runs up (this thread has seen a bunch of their darlings to do this lately)
FJ43
gougler08 said:

FJ43 said:

Smart for a lot of these companies to do an offering on these big runs up (this thread has seen a bunch of their darlings to do this lately)
It'll get sucked up. Pretty hard bounce already at $20.62. Still up over 16% on the day.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Assuming BFT and AAPL go to max loss, I am looking at a -1% week this week.
FJ43
FJ43 said:

UUUU

Anyone in this? I am not but on watch. Look like its about to breakout again?

Volume profile hard to ignore. Bull pennant formed.

Well I think I watched this a one a day too long and missed the breakout of the pennant today. Friday action stayed tight inside it all day. May enter on a dip early tomorrow.

ag94whoop
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Do you expect BFT to stay down?
AgShaun00
AG
wanderer said:

McInnis 03 said:

Barty advised me (that should be a warning right there) that @PharmD on twitter has been stating his single largest holding is PAVM and is accumulating here. It's cheap and if you want a bio play it could be one worth spending a few hundred on. It's in a bit of a box and it's on the low side so now is the time to attack.
I followed PharmD into this back in Nov/Dec. If you did the same and haven't looked at the ticker today, you might want to.

Up to 5.20 AH. (29% gain today and another 15% AH)
got into that one in dec and up 150%. i sold half today for net free. should have waited.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
ag94whoop said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

Do you expect BFT to stay down?
I don't know, but I need it to go to $19 to break even on the 20s/17.5s together.

OK day today, rejected 21, closed below 8. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I bought some shares AH in GPL.
wanderer
Question to the person who entered the formulas on the google sheet that automatically pulls the current option prices. First off, well done.

Within the formula,=IMPORTXML("https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/tigr/option/TIGR%23B1921D250000","//*[@id='optioninfo']/div[1]/p[2]")
  • I see where the symbol, strike date and the call price is referenced within the formula, but the letters C & D in the TIGR%23B1921D250000 string seem to change for different tickers and strike dates. Any knowledge on how to automate and know what letters the string needs in the url/formula?
kyledr04
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Method Man said:

OA you were talking about your plays for lower level beginners. Are you still doing that? TIA
Until markets get direction determined I still like the sitting on cash option given 3 weeks back. Nothing wrong with doing literally nothing.

I should have done nothing.
kyledr04
AG
Or less of something, like AAPL.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Loving my DNN right now. Sold the 2.5s so I'm net free
FishrCoAg
AG
Want to get opinions on a strategy for CLOV. I sold Feb 12.5 puts with the thought of either pocketing premium or establishing a position for a longer term hold. It's looking like I will get assigned barring a pretty good jump. Initial sale on the puts was 0.85. If assigned I'm thinking of selling Aug 12.5 calls on half, bid is 3.60 today, which would net my cost down to 9.80ish if they expire worthless or 7.20 if half my shares get called away. Does that sound reasonable to the more experienced options guys? TIA.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
wanderer said:

Question to the person who entered the formulas on the google sheet that automatically pulls the current option prices. First off, well done.

Within the formula,=IMPORTXML("https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/tigr/option/TIGR%23B1921D250000","//*[@id='optioninfo']/div[1]/p[2]")
  • I see where the symbol, strike date and the call price is referenced within the formula, but the letters C & D in the TIGR%23B1921D250000 string seem to change for different tickers and strike dates. Any knowledge on how to automate and know what letters the string needs in the url/formula?

This is awesome, I spent hours trying to bring yahoo option prices into excel and Google sheets and gave up. I'm stealing this when i get power back!
HoustonAg2014
AG
FishrCoAg said:

Want to get opinions on a strategy for CLOV. I sold Feb 12.5 puts with the thought of either pocketing premium or establishing a position for a longer term hold. It's looking like I will get assigned barring a pretty good jump. Initial sale on the puts was 0.85. If assigned I'm thinking of selling Aug 12.5 calls on half, bid is 3.60 today, which would net my cost down to 9.80ish if they expire worthless or 7.20 if half my shares get called away. Does that sound reasonable to the more experienced options guys? TIA.

My question would be, is there any validity to this company completely crapping the bed with the allegations. I am holding for long term but also bought in my retirement account at $16 and hammered it in my trading account at $13. I keep waiting for the dust to settle but it seems to drop $0.50 a day. Hoping it finds some support very soon
ME85
AG
FishrCoAg said:

hold long term? i'll hang up and listen.
0708aggie
AG
That was me with the formulas. Yahoo finance won't pull correctly.
0708aggie
AG
I can post a how to later when I get power.
FbgTxAg
AG
CLOV will be fine. Accumulate on the dips. This is an opportunity! Paytience!
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
0708aggie
AG
Also if anyone has a better place to pull live options pricing, please let me know and I'll update in my how to.
Method Man
Same. Thanks for the response OA
HalifaxAg
AG
wowza, just looked at DNN and it said the bid was $11.48...I tried to sell 1,000 shares as fast as I could but didn't go through and then it refreshed
FbgTxAg
AG
Ok, at this point all we can do is laugh - Can we place bets on the bottom for fruit stock? There's no F'ng way it can get below $130, right? This thing has to bounce pretty soon....

I'm calling the bottom $130. And I'm calling $170+ by the end of April.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Madam Cathie Wood bought 1,560,200 million shares of PLTR today
ProgN
FbgTxAg said:

Ok, at this point all we can do is laugh - Can we place bets on the bottom for fruit stock? There's no F'ng way it can get below $130, right? This thing has to bounce pretty soon....

I'll take $112-115 for entry
FJ43
0708aggie said:

That was me with the formulas. Yahoo finance won't pull correctly.
Thankful you're on our side. Formula away man!

0708aggie
AG
112 and I'm buying 1000 shares
Andy07
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Madam Cathie Wood bought 1,560,200 million shares of PLTR today

I just went from six to midnight
FbgTxAg
AG
Prognightmare said:

FbgTxAg said:

I'll take $112-115 for entry

If it gets to $112 we are all hurting as that would be 30% correction territory.
First Page Last Page
Page 3261 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.