Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,079,978 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by El_duderino
Chef Elko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wew lad. The BLNK chart is juicy! Buying Tuesday, get to the upper band around $59 and sell covered calls at that point.

Biden & Co. will pass the infrastructure bill and push this higher regardless. A lot working in this stocks favor.
FJ43
southernskies said:

https://hackernoon.com/is-chainlink-the-one-ring-to-rule-them-all-lf163283

^For anyone that wants to understand how blockchain technology works - a little long but good read.
Thanks for posting this. One of the better overall summary articles I have read but I am sure there are others out there.

Opened a Coinbase Pro account last week and bought my first Bitcoin (fraction of) as a test to see how this all works. While I still do not grasp it all, I do value where this is headed and don't think it is speculation any longer its heading here.

I for one don't want to be on the outside looking in.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
General forum question:

When I post charts I use bright blue boxes with yellow lettering for text/comments to call out things I may make note of. Mostly because it is a bright different color than primary chart indicators.

Can y'all see those ok or do you recommend a different color to make it more identifiable?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

LOYAL AG
AG
backintexas2013 said:

I asked this in discord but will ask it here. I searched online and couldn't find it. What other stocks under $5 have weeklies? I know SNDL but no other ones. Thanks.
Here is what I think is a comprehensive list of weekly options. My $.02 would be to go somewhere like Zacks or Finviz where you can run a scan for stocks under $5 then use Excel to bounce that list off of this list. For this week that yields the following:

NBEV 3.89
NOK 4.17
SWN 4.34
YPF 4.64
AUY 4.81
MNKD 5.41
AMC 5.59
OPK 5.61

I went to $6 but there you for this week.

EDIT: Forgot to link the list

CBOE Options List
sts7049
AG
i see them fine, plus you can click the picture to see it full size
triggerhappy
AG
I've mostly been riding y'alls coat tails the last year (thank you all by the way) and am trying to learn enough to become a contributor.

Am I correct in seeing a flag forming on $PLUG over the last 4-6 weeks?
backintexas2013
AG
Thank you.
trip98
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I hear we have some SKEW experts. I don't think we're in the danger zone where $SKEW says imminent collapse, but it is important to note that it is elevated above the traditional hedging threshold (hence, why i'm hedging). Doesn't mean markets will fall, but they can. If this spikes to 150, I would get light.

Edit to say more: the SKEW coming down is a good thing relative to a crash, but it may mean extreme moves, up or down, are less likely.

30k,
did you pull this chart from IBKR or somehwere else? same for the Put/Call ratio chart you posted?
trip98
AG
oldarmy1 said:

GILD looks to be obeying the 21 DMA as the 200 DMA gets into it's bullish position. That firat gap up didn't get filled on pullback due to strength of interest. The second one came within a nickel and now we have 2 days holding the 21DMA. Looks like GILD is getting ready to move on upward.

I've seen y'all mention GILD several times but search tool makes it a pain to find the play. And at this time have plenty of irons in the fire but room for only just a couple more. (I've already got hedges in place and could do more moves if AAPL 2/19's pull thru!!)
still an opportunity here and if so what would be your advice?
TIA
Ragoo
AG
PTON can move over the 1ATR

ebdb_bnb
FJ43
Thanks. Appreciate you doing all the heavy lifting, uncovering it and teeing it up. I didnt do much but look at the 'painting' you found. Looks and feels like a good trade to me as well.

Ragoo
AG
Not sold on NGL. Maybe for a trade. Just don't believe in liquid logistics only right now. I don't believe they operate only move.

In that regard they are not comparable to ET or other midstreamers.
OutlawAG04
FJ43 said:

General forum question:

When I post charts I use bright blue boxes with yellow lettering for text/comments to call out things I may make note of. Mostly because it is a bright different color than primary chart indicators.

Can y'all see those ok or do you recommend a different color to make it more identifiable?
Charts look very clean and easy to review from my point of view. Great work FJ!
CPDAggie10
AG
FJ43 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

would love your opinion. I don't know if this will be like AMC, but I like energy stocks and this is a long way from ATH.
Hey 30k Sorry for length but lots of notes on this one. I like it! After digging in the more I look at this from a chart/technical perspective the more this fits what I like playing in. Have always wanted to get in on one if/before the dang thing takes off. Wish it had a better options chain to navigate but has one to work with anyway.

I like this nugget you found and am going to give this a whirl with you Tuesday unless someone talks us off the cliff here. Yes energy and new Administration but technically I think I can play this one. Some notes I see (I am sure I missed something)

• Heavy support back at $1.68 and now in the $2.30 range.
  • Looks like a perfect consolidation channel going on here since October.
  • Easy to time entry and possibly trading shares up and down channel to lower risk or gain free shares.
  • Each time closes above 8 EMA it moves towards upper consolidation channel (just reclaimed it Friday again).
  • Entry here is in lower 1/3 and catching any dip at open Tuesday I would enter on reversal.
  • On entry would also look to maybe buy March $2.50s long on the dip then on any push leg into selling March 5s for debit spread. Possibly sell puts as well.
  • Volume steady increasing and can't ignore the 20M+ volume mid January - those guys are all in here.
  • Cup completion around $4.07 area and if played right could maybe go net free on a breakout to here.
  • Lots of upside with shallow downside.
  • Would love to work this to net free using covered calls, selling puts, spreads, trading shares, etc. up to a cup completion.
  • R/R my guess is 1 to 3.5 Minimum excluding net free approach. Think a 1 to 5 (Level 2) or 1 to 9.7 (Level 3) could be possible. I would be giddy for the tiers above that.

Do I have FOMO here? What am I missing?

Great analysis and I agree! Good looking find from $30k. It is the energy industry so we have to take that into consideration.

I think I'm going to take a similar approach as you. I will look to enter shares, and grind with selling puts and calls to lower cost basis. I do not think I will buy calls. Only selling puts and covered calls.

I'm looking forward to working this trade.
OutlawAG04
LOYAL AG said:

backintexas2013 said:

I asked this in discord but will ask it here. I searched online and couldn't find it. What other stocks under $5 have weeklies? I know SNDL but no other ones. Thanks.
Here is what I think is a comprehensive list of weekly options. My $.02 would be to go somewhere like Zacks or Finviz where you can run a scan for stocks under $5 then use Excel to bounce that list off of this list. For this week that yields the following:

NBEV 3.89
NOK 4.17
SWN 4.34
YPF 4.64
AUY 4.81
MNKD 5.41
AMC 5.59
OPK 5.61

CBOE Options List
I was in AUY a bit last year mostly selling CCs on it since it doesn't have dramatic moves. Has someone thrown a chart review on AUY to see the general opinion about the set up? Very stable company, but the premiums for selling CCs and puts isn't that great. Sitting below the 20DMA right now. Haven't had a chance to look at the rest of your list.

FJ and 30k- Either one of you have a chance to throw a chart on AQMS?
GasAg90
Ragoo said:

Not sold on NGL. Maybe for a trade. Just don't believe in liquid logistics only right now. I don't believe they operate only move.

My take as well. Their crude storage operations (37% revenue from investor reports) will take a hit with current price environment and their SWD growth is at risk with the current oil environment. Overall a good company but I am hesitant to jump in at this point.

FJ43
Ragoo said:

Everyone should for sure take their own assessment, decision and risk of anything posted here. I've primarily only looked at charts and the price action, volume and history. For me what is the trend and risk/reward as a trade on this one and do I think I can manage a profit based on the technical aspects. If the trade falls apart, loses support or fails and I stop out I'm good with it.

Many energy stocks got pretty beat up in 2020. Goal here for me is net free shares and if I can go net free plus even better. Then they can ride where they want to. Hopefully over time back to pre COVID levels.

FJ43
OutlawAG04 said:

LOYAL AG said:

backintexas2013 said:

NBEV 3.89
NOK 4.17
SWN 4.34
YPF 4.64
AUY 4.81
MNKD 5.41
AMC 5.59
OPK 5.61

CBOE Options List
I was in AUY a bit last year mostly selling CCs on it since it doesn't have dramatic moves. Has someone thrown a chart review on AUY to see the general opinion about the set up? Very stable company, but the premiums for selling CCs and puts isn't that great. Sitting below the 20DMA right now. Haven't had a chance to look at the rest of your list.

FJ and 30k- Either one of you have a chance to throw a chart on AQMS?
I'd be happy take a stab on AQMS tomorrow. But it's just my opinion and what I see anyway. I've got a short list of stocks I plan to review charts tomorrow on since I'll be relegated to a dormant buy/sell button.

Brewmaster
AG
59 South said:

You guys are relentless. It's a three day weekend and most of you should probably be wrapping your pipes instead of worrying about stocks which are just going to keep going up no matter how much analysis you do.
supposed to hit 2 degrees Monday night/ Tues morning here in B/CS. I was here for 9 years of school (5 yr plan undergrad and 3 year masters plus a year in between, don't hate, lol). I have never seen anything like this.

Amazing! Hopefully I will still be saying that and not shoveling snow next week. "Heavy blowing snow" words from the forecast, aka blizzard conditions!

OutlawAG04
Thanks FJ. Still trying to get my feet under me on the IBKR platform so charting is elementary at best on my end. Growing pains
FJ43
OutlawAG04 said:

Thanks FJ. Still trying to get my feet under me on the IBKR platform so charting is elementary at best on my end. Growing pains

No worries. You'll get the hang of it. Just takes some good ol' fashioned seat time and practice is all. Once you do you'll be off to the races.

gougler08
AG
BREwmaster said:

59 South said:

You guys are relentless. It's a three day weekend and most of you should probably be wrapping your pipes instead of worrying about stocks which are just going to keep going up no matter how much analysis you do.
supposed to hit 2 degrees Monday night/ Tues morning here in B/CS. I was here for 9 years of school (5 yr plan undergrad and 3 year masters plus a year in between, don't hate, lol). I have never seen anything like this.

Amazing! Hopefully I will still be saying that and not shoveling snow next week. "Heavy blowing snow" words from the forecast, aka blizzard conditions!

I know for me, I'm running out of things to do in the Covid world...I mean hell, I even cooked my wife dinner tonight!
gougler08
AG
59 South said:

I don't know about the others, but this is something I'm doing more now with Covid because I just don't have much else to do. Hell, I cooked my wife dinner tonight!
leoj
AG
I'm long $AQMS. It broke to the downside of the flag, I would look for it to hold the 21ema or the previous high before the move up, so $5.20-$5.43.
Brewmaster
AG
FUBO to $70, calling my shot. Comcast also has a big stake in FUBO now (9%).

Aston04
AG

RVVTF- Really like this chart. Stage 3 Covid mild-moderate thereapy update could be coming any day (hoping!). Also, seeing a lot more social media chatter on it lately (twitter/reddit)...
Brewmaster
AG
lots of uranium chatter and setups on fintwit... $DNN

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I've been in AQMS since 2.20. I'll try my best to post some charts tomorrow.

Probably like most of you, I've had a crappy day trying to keep the house together. I had some external hose bibs freeze - even though they were styrofoam wrapped.
moses1084ever
AG
For those interested in crypto but don't want to buy the coins personally, you can check out $GBTC. Similar concept to precious metal ETFs that purchase and hold physical metals.

FJ43
Morning everyone. Hope everyone is ok given the weather and staying warm.

No trading today but research, setups and organizational day for me.

gougler08
AG
All good here in SW Houston...but I guess I'll actually work today
Ragoo
AG
gougler08 said:

no power here going on 80 minutes
FJ43
Ragoo said:

gougler08 said:

no power here going on 80 minutes
Not good. I feel for you guys and your families with all this. Really hope this passes quickly for y'all.

mazag08
AG
Too late to buy some WARM?

It's pretty cold
First Page Last Page
Page 3250 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.