Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,079,922 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by El_duderino
0708aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
X is frustrating, almost to the point of RKT. I like that NGL chart, I'll look to enter next week.
0708aggie
AG
$SPLK looks to be forming an inverse head and shoulders.
0708aggie
AG
30 can you chart WTRH?
FbgTxAg
AG
I know the saying "A bounty of riches" can be presumptuous, but you mofos find a dozen winners every weekend and most of us drive ourselves crazy trying to get a piece of all of them - the FOMO is real.

I've had to pull back and literally throw a dart as the cash isn't there to buy em all (Thanks to the fruit's unwavering stubbornness).

I've got 9 stocks on the list (thanks to you guy's DD and the cash to enter only one).

Someday soon I'll have the jack to throw at all of em - because this board rarely misses. Sometimes it's a week or two behind schedule, but the knowledge and diligence is fantastic.

It's a problem. But a nice problem to have. Carry on Gentlemen! You're doing the Lord's work.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Post removed:
by user
southernskies
https://hackernoon.com/is-chainlink-the-one-ring-to-rule-them-all-lf163283

^For anyone that wants to understand how blockchain technology works - a little long but good read.
Madmarttigan
AG
BTC threatening 50k this morning. I may have gone a little overboard with btc plays....

DPW, EBON, SINO, TRIT. Grabbed SOS post offering and FTFT stopped me out earlier in the week.
Formerly tv1113
oldarmy1
AG
The case for continuation in a chart. Global equities flow had been on a downtrend since 2018 and accelerated due to covid. Fed initial tightening lead to part of the equation, but reversed course and then became dovish but covid interrupted the cycle.

TLDR

Everyone isn't long equities by a long shot.

0708aggie
AG
So what you're saying is this baby could push higher.

Also, OA can you bless us or me with your thoughts on a few posted yesterday?

NGL, CBAT, SPLK, WTRH

E
AG
tv1113 said:

BTC threatening 50k this morning. I may have gone a little overboard with btc plays....

DPW, EBON, SINO, TRIT. Grabbed SOS post offering and FTFT stopped me out earlier in the week.

Is this the push Dogecoin needs to get back above $.08?
LatinAggie1997
AG
Nm
kyledr04
AG
Anyone else have any accounting errors with TDA/TOS? I owned call options that expired Friday. I sold them to close midday. I can see the orders closed.

But, something happened and it seems like it didn't sell all the options. Then it expired ITM and purchased the shares.

I noticed all this today when my account was WAY off.

I immediately called TDA and the customer service guy said they had a software issue Friday and everything for lots of people is screwed up. Supposedly it will be fixed on Tuesday.

To say I was freaked out would be an understatement.

Now I see this is all over Twitter and TDA has statement pop-up when you log into the website that says balances may display incorrectly. Unclear if it's truly a display issue or if they actually bought and sold real shares.
evan_aggie
AG
Picking winners is pretty easy right now, or so it seems.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-12/warren-buffett-s-favorite-valuation-metric-is-ringing-an-alarm

leoj
AG
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

would love your opinion. I don't know if this will be like AMC, but I like energy stocks and this is a long way from ATH.
Hey 30k Sorry for length but lots of notes on this one. I like it! After digging in the more I look at this from a chart/technical perspective the more this fits what I like playing in. Have always wanted to get in on one if/before the dang thing takes off. Wish it had a better options chain to navigate but has one to work with anyway.

I like this nugget you found and am going to give this a whirl with you Tuesday unless someone talks us off the cliff here. Yes energy and new Administration but technically I think I can play this one. Some notes I see (I am sure I missed something)

• Heavy support back at $1.68 and now in the $2.30 range.
  • Looks like a perfect consolidation channel going on here since October.
  • Easy to time entry and possibly trading shares up and down channel to lower risk or gain free shares.
  • Each time closes above 8 EMA it moves towards upper consolidation channel (just reclaimed it Friday again).
  • Entry here is in lower 1/3 and catching any dip at open Tuesday I would enter on reversal.
  • On entry would also look to maybe buy March $2.50s long on the dip then on any push leg into selling March 5s for debit spread. Possibly sell puts as well.
  • Volume steady increasing and can't ignore the 20M+ volume mid January - those guys are all in here.
  • Cup completion around $4.07 area and if played right could maybe go net free on a breakout to here.
  • Lots of upside with shallow downside.
  • Would love to work this to net free using covered calls, selling puts, spreads, trading shares, etc. up to a cup completion.
  • R/R my guess is 1 to 3.5 Minimum excluding net free approach. Think a 1 to 5 (Level 2) or 1 to 9.7 (Level 3) could be possible. I would be giddy for the tiers above that.

Do I have FOMO here? What am I missing?

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Engine10
AG
I don't think you have FOMO - seeing the same as you but from Fundamentals side. Energy stonks so beaten up, any bottom/consolidation likely to break to the high side, especially for Midstreamers and Rack marketers like NGL.

Not as much flat price exposure as a pure upstream play or refiner, but very dependent on throughput both from production on crude side and demand on product side. As we re-open (demand) and oil prices continue their climb, it's a good sign for co's like NGL.
Cloud
NGL looks cookie cutter, wow
LarryL
FJ43 said:

• On entry would also look to maybe buy March $2.50s long on the dip then on any push leg into selling March 5s for debit spread. Possibly sell puts as well.

So you would buy the March $2.50 calls when $NGL dipped, then sell the March $5.00 calls if the stock price rises? Would you do any covered calls? Which puts would you sell?
FJ43
StrawberryFields said:

FJ43 said:

So you would buy the March $2.50 calls when $NGL dipped, then sell the March $5.00 calls if the stock price rises? Would you do any covered calls? Which puts would you sell?
I'll work to math out and better define my strategy later this evening or tomorrow for Tuesday but yes the above I think will be part of it. The below is off the cuff without doing the math but...

• Buy shares on any dip I can catch. Enough to have trading shares for sale at top of channel to reduce cost basis.
  • Buy March 2.50s on that dip.
  • Sell equivalent March $5.00 on any momentum push (IV is high so may move enough to minimize debit) with intent to reduce cost basis on shares at end of day.
  • Sell additional March $5 Covered calls into push on 1/3 of shares.
  • Sell 1/3 of shares at top of channel. $2.45 entry (hopefully) sell 1/3 at $3.10, $.65 share gain applied to reducing cost basis on remaining shares.
  • I 'think' I would sell the April 2.50 puts at about .60 on a dip.

My rough goal without taking more time to game plan it would be to get my cost basis below $1.65 early then to $0 at cup completion.

Edit: If the options are favorable to reduce cost basis I may not sell trading shares at top of channel and work options towards net free. Then sell much smaller % of shares towards cup completion for full net free holding.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

0708aggie
AG
Jeez. I'd love to be able to watch a trade like this happen in real time.
E
AG
I'm glad to see you experienced traders mention NGL... I've had shares in this one for a long time and it's the one that's most red for me. Hopefully this one turns the corner soon!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Your analysis is killer and much more detailed than mine. We saw the same macro thing - in a channel, low downside risk, solid upside, historical volume. Thank you so much for the details. I don't think I will do long calls on this one, probably shares and naked puts.
Cartographer
There was HUGE flow into ET (energy transfer) calls this week. They were for Mar/Apr.

I think this adds to your thesis on NGL/energy.

We're long ET off the news and NGL popped up on my scans last week. Looks like they're gonna need to build us a bigger boat to load.
Engine10
AG
ET and even KMI forming the beginning of some rising channels. Natty news sure to bring some new flows in, even if this winter blast is short lived. It's showing it's value as Wind/Solar production fail to keep up with the high demand event and gas demand spiking with heaters running like crazy.

Wind power failing bigtime with freezeups

mazag08
AG
panduh bear said:

There was HUGE flow into ET (energy transfer) calls this week. They were for Mar/Apr.

We're long ET off the news and NGL popped up on my scans last week. Looks like they're gonna need to build us a bigger boat to load.

I've got Feb $6 buy calls. I'll probably execute this week unless it falls below $6.50
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Your analysis is killer and much more detailed than mine. We saw the same macro thing - in a channel, low downside risk, solid upside, historical volume. Thank you so much for the details. I don't think I will do long calls on this one, probably shares and naked puts.

Thank you both for your contributions here! NGL looks great for a long play. That was a mic drop on those charts, OA precision and detail!
0708aggie
AG
PPL, earnings on 2/18. Looks to be in a channel and wedge running out of room.

krosch11
AG
On the terms with NGL, has anyone looked at RRC? I know they've recently restructured their debt, and have been paying it off . Long term charting in week long aggregation looks great . Just broke out of a bull pennant , on the way to 12. From there no resistance to 18.

krosch11
AG
Sorry super messy while on the go but thinking of grabbing shares and playing this one slowly .

0708aggie
AG

What's with all of the volume here on FTI?
59 South
AG
Splitting off half the company on Tuesday.
59 South
AG
You guys are relentless. It's a three day weekend and most of you should probably be wrapping your pipes instead of worrying about stocks which are just going to keep going up no matter how much analysis you do.
0708aggie
AG
I've got the itch. Not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow with the market closed.
0708aggie
AG
Last one, LESL. This would be more long-term. The amount of pools going up or just finished in my area is insane. People are going to need supplies. Earnings missed on 2/4. Secondary offering closes on 2/16 at $26.

frankm01
panduh bear said:

I like them both. I think ET is still paying quarterly distributions, but NGL has suspended for now.
First Page Last Page
Page 3249 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.