Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,080,295 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by El_duderino
jj9000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FJ43 said:

CLOV

Is it possible for us to file a class action suit, against the firms with the class action suit(s), that due to their misleading information directly impacting stock prices, we are now subjected to continual harassment of red indicators daily, financial duress and mental harm?

If I see one more alert to this thing every 30 minutes I am going to remove the news feed from my TWS Mosaic panel.

You mean a double reverse Triple Lindy lawsuit?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
ag94whoop said:

This is one of my most red days I can remember. Even the stocks that were up at close are down now.

Hopefully tomorrow brings lots of upward momentum.

We must be in the same things. I'm in DNN, MVIS, and SNDL, but it's like the rest of my portfolio was hand picked to sell off the last few days.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
jj9000 said:

FJ43 said:

CLOV

Is it possible for us to file a class action suit, against the firms with the class action suit(s), that due to their misleading information directly impacting stock prices, we are now subjected to continual harassment of red indicators daily, financial duress and mental harm?

If I see one more alert to this thing every 30 minutes I am going to remove the news feed from my TWS Mosaic panel.

You mean a double reverse Triple Lindy lawsuit?

I'm pretty sure my wife and my dog can prove material damages directly due to their lawsuits.
AggieChemist
AG
Prognightmare said:

If anyone in here has a heat pump system and it's going to be below 30, like it is here until next week, use EMERGENCY HEAT ONLY. If not, your outside unit will turn into a block of ice and it will go into defrost multiple times and this causes severe wear and tear or possible failure of your compressor.

Emergency heat only uses the heat strips in the inside furnace. Most contractors put in fewer heat strips with heat pumps, so it may take awhile for your home to reach your desired temp. If you can't wait, use the heat pump and when it hits temp, then flip the Tstat to "Emergency heat" and don't touch it until this arctic blast passes.

I love everyone on this thread and I don't want you to be forced to use your trading account to buy a new system.

Thanks for the suggestion!

TecRecAg
AG
I believe some brokers will start selling your calls an hour before exp.

May have heard that wrong though.
Ragoo
AG
AggieChemist said:

Prognightmare said:

If anyone in here has a heat pump system and it's going to be below 30, like it is here until next week, use EMERGENCY HEAT ONLY. If not, your outside unit will turn into a block of ice and it will go into defrost multiple times and this causes severe wear and tear or possible failure of your compressor.

Emergency heat only uses the heat strips in the inside furnace. Most contractors put in fewer heat strips with heat pumps, so it may take awhile for your home to reach your desired temp. If you can't wait, use the heat pump and when it hits temp, then flip the Tstat to "Emergency heat" and don't touch it until this arctic blast passes.

I love everyone on this thread and I don't want you to be forced to use your trading account to buy a new system.

Thanks for the suggestion!

looks like a furry creature has made a path to your covered wagon.
jonj101
ibdm98 said:

Hey all,

Since I'm having a super difficult time finding it, I created a "Book Requests" tab in the OA google sheet for those wanting a copy of the book OA recommends in the first post of this thread. Since it's very difficult to buy copies of this, I figure the best (and most Aggie) way is for someone to pass their copy on to someone else and once that person reads it they pass it on...and so on.

I'm on the list now - thanks for doing that.

I searched for it the other day and saw it for like $300. If I can't borrow it from anyone here I'll probably spring for it.
ag94whoop
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

ag94whoop said:

This is one of my most red days I can remember. Even the stocks that were up at close are down now.

Hopefully tomorrow brings lots of upward momentum.

We must be in the same things. I'm in DNN, MVIS, and SNDL, but it's like the rest of my portfolio was hand picked to sell off the last few days.

Ok so now imagine missing the buy-ins of DNN and MVIS and not having those beauties right now.

It will be good. CLOV will go up eventually and so will BFT. They just screwed up my swing cycle a ton. Lesson learned on BFT to take large earnings and not get greedy. I missed on a ton of profit by exiting most of my SNDL position early but I still made money.
No lesson on CLOV other than patience.
FbgTxAg
AG
Question about "corrections." I don't think one is imminent, but I think we all agree one is probably due or overdue (although Cathie Woods disagrees), so my question is "how long would it take a stock like AAPL to recover from a 15-20% correction?

I'm not much into hedging as my portfolio is 100% for growth - I don't need this money anytime soon for anything, and I don't add to it. It has to grow itself.

Would a stock like AAPL not recover fairly quickly? Yes I understand that if I were 50% cash and the correction hit, or I had a bunch of hedges I would have a lot of buying power after a correction at lower prices, but each day you are 50% cash you are missing out on a fantastic, volatile market - opportunity before vs. opportunity after.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on it. I assume most Macros would bounce back within a few weeks or a month at most, but perhaps I'm wrong?
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
ag94whoop said:

If you think clov is a lesson in patience you must not be in goco!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
TecRecAg said:

I believe some brokers will start selling your calls an hour before exp.

May have heard that wrong though.

You are correct. I forgot about that.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
RUN ran the 82.50 seller. At 83
Bob Knights Paper Hands
NRD09 said:

ag94whoop said:

If you think clov is a lesson in patience you must not be in goco!

Or CX.
khaos288
AG
jonj101 said:

ibdm98 said:

Hey all,

Since I'm having a super difficult time finding it, I created a "Book Requests" tab in the OA google sheet for those wanting a copy of the book OA recommends in the first post of this thread. Since it's very difficult to buy copies of this, I figure the best (and most Aggie) way is for someone to pass their copy on to someone else and once that person reads it they pass it on...and so on.

I searched for it the other day and saw it for like $300. If I can't borrow it from anyone here I'll probably spring for it.

Panduh bear has my copy but he just got it.
bmks270
AG
FbgTxAg said:

Question about "corrections." I don't think one is imminent, but I think we all agree one is probably due or overdue (although Cathie Woods disagrees), so my question is "how long would it take a stock like AAPL to recover from a 15-20% correction?

I'm not much into hedging as my portfolio is 100% for growth - I don't need this money anytime soon for anything, and I don't add to it. It has to grow itself.

Would a stock like AAPL not recover fairly quickly? Yes I understand that if I were 50% cash and the correction hit, or I had a bunch of hedges I would have a lot of buying power after a correction at lower prices, but each day you are 50% cash you are missing out on a fantastic, volatile market - opportunity before vs. opportunity after.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on it. I assume most Macros would bounce back within a few weeks or a month at most, but perhaps I'm wrong?

You bring up Apple and I think it's an overrated stock.
I think companies with increasing revenue will be fine, as is typically the case. Apple I just don't think has that consistent growth certainty that they used to. They have to keep innovating with new inventions, and they certainly may, but they reach a point in market penetration where their growth becomes a function of population growth and not their ability to innovate.

I have a huge bias for software companies because of the monthly subscription model that has consumed the industry. Easily keeps up with inflation by raising subscription rates, often good software fills a need to and is unlikely to see a decline in use (always watch out for disruptive competition). Low R&D and scaling cost vs physical products, very high margin.

I'm personally attracted to companies like Microsoft, Adobe, ANSYS, Netflix... much more smooth revenue histories, where Apple has peaks and valleys in their recent earnings releases.

That stated, I haven't analyzed all of Apples revenue sources but their earnings history is up and down recently.
Brewmaster
AG
Prophet00 said:

What are some suggestions on hedges, if most of my positions are shares, and a handful of covered calls. If I'm looking to somewhat protect my cash if the market really has a large correction, is it best to just set some stop limits to liquidate all my positions? Buy some protective puts in Feb/March? Curious what you guys do when you've got shares that are net free, and some that aren't. What about some of the longer option plays? Better to just let them ride and if they don't strike, let the premium decay? Or would it be wise to try and limit the upside but protect some of the premium?
I usually let it all ride in the IRA's, but today I sold some MBIO before markets got dumpy. (mostly b/c I still had a ton of shares and to free up some cash for other things). if it looks like a correction is coming, I like to add SPXS or SQQQ or both (commons). In my brokerage acct I might do a spy put, but I'm much cash heavier there than the IRA's.

A lot of it depends on account size and remember, any correction will be pretty short lived, the bounce back will most likely be fast.
Aggie118
AG
WARM

Today's volume 44,949,444

90 day average 5,907,968

Up %43 (including after hours)

Just read their CEO's news letter from yesterday again. They are way too diversified in all the right stuff for the moment to not take off big in my opinion. They also are just now trying to create major revenue with this pending financing deal they have going and they already have lots of back order from what it sounds like in the letter.

Very excited to see what they are able to do.

Another little snippet from the CEO news letter recapping what they feel will be turning driving revenue in 2021:

"As a recap, once funded, we expect the key revenue drivers for 2021 to be:

- Our Core offering MG Systems

- MG Water Systems the Company is currently working with customers in North America, the Middle East and other regions who are anxious to accept delivery of our water purification and desalinization systems to help address industrial pollution of water resources. The Company offers MG 80 and MG 125 desalination systems capable of producing up to 14,000 gallons of potable water per day on Class 4 & 5 vehicles.
Mobile Fast Charging.

- Our MG80 and MG125 systems power Level II & Level III DC fast Charging systems that can charge an EV in the field. It's the electric vehicle equivalent of delivering a tank of gas to a stranded car that's out of fuel. A CoolTech Fast Charger can be ordered and delivered in far less time than charging installations that can take years to permit and build. Because it's mobile, it can be set up and operated in a single location or a number of locations throughout the day as needed.

- Micro and Mini Micro Grids: By combining the power generation capabilities of the MG with the solar and battery storage technologies of our strategic partners, a micro grid can provide consistent electricity to where there is no reliable power or power at all."
DisAg
Isnt something big happening with CLOV on the 16th?
Aggie118
AG
Also I'm not sure if this has been posted here today as I just got off work and haven't had time to sift through everything but holy cow look at the volume in $GSV at $.87 . Hoping to get in tomorrow morning.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
Apple I just don't think has that consistent growth certainty that they used to. They have to keep innovating with new inventions, and they certainly may, but they reach a point in market penetration where their growth becomes a function of population growth and not their ability to innovate.

I do understand what you are saying and agree that percentage-wise it is harder for these huge companies, who seemingly have saturated every aspect of the markets they are in, to have the same growth potential as up and coming companies. However that is exactly the same things people were saying about AAPL in 2009 when it was worth 1/30th of what it is now. If AAPL couldn't produce a generational breakthrough every year they expected it to decline as competitors took market share. But yet they continued to grow and change and find new markets and new types of products and services.
kyledr04
AG
FbgTxAg said:

We need AAPL to recover from an 8% correction and it's taking forever
FbgTxAg
AG
Observation - The Market Makers seem to be struggling to "control" all these Penny Stocks right now since they don't have options (what penny stock ISN'T hot?) and the bulls win every AHT and Futures session cuz there is limited or no option trading then either.

It's when they get their grubby little fingers on the options premiums, and can control the options game - that's when they seem to be able to steer things the way they want.

Change My Mind.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
FbgTxAg
AG
DisAg said:

I think the Reddit army starts coming for them next week - some new platform or podcast or something, and CLOV is thought to be the first one they target to the moon.

If you believe in that sort of thing.
wangus12
AG
FbgTxAg said:

DisAg said:

I think the Reddit army starts coming for them next week - some new platform or podcast or something, and CLOV is thought to be the first one they target to the moon.

As a big space nerd, I always support rockets to the moon
MaroonDynasty
Should be some good continuation in BBW tomorrow.
FJ43
FbgTxAg said:

DisAg said:

Will it happen with CLOV I have my doubts. But GME, AMC and others keep saying hello.

We can only hope. Otherwise doesn't change being long on it for me.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

ag94whoop
AG
DisAg said:

I asked this as well because I swear I remember someone on here saying something about big news on either the 16th or 19th
Wheatables02
AG
FbgTxAg said:

DisAg said:

Can we agree to share any Reddit ideas/chat here too? I am not on it but for those that are, thank you in advance.
Hendrix
AG
Hope you're right. Bought 1mm shares at .036. Yes I like to gamble a bit.
TChaney
MaroonDynasty said:

Should be some good continuation in BBW tomorrow.
How did Build a Bear get that ticker before a large woman's clothing chain?
RigsTx
AG
khaos288 said:

jonj101 said:

ibdm98 said:

Hey all,

So I have a book with a similar name as this but wasn't written by Jobman. Is his copy the only recommended version? I believe mine is the Lim version.
ag94whoop
AG
FJ43 said:

FbgTxAg said:

DisAg said:

I think the Reddit army starts coming for them next week - some new platform or podcast or something, and CLOV is thought to be the first one they target to the moon

Will it happen with CLOV I have my doubts. But GME, AMC and others keep saying hello.

I think it will happen. The question is will the shorts be there for the squeeze and how high will it push? It may just recover and go to $18. Maybe they push it to $20-30.

Now if they want to dive in next week and drive it to $200-300, I won't argue. I would take a 20x exit
DisAg
Wheatables02 said:

FbgTxAg said:

DisAg said:

Can we agree to share any Reddit ideas/chat here too? I am not on it but for those that are, thank you in advance.

I'm in the atlas trading floor chat, I try to keep the texags discord channel up to date on plays from ripster pj and there army. They usually announce their thoughts or intentions a minute or so before it goes to Twitter.
DisAg
ag94whoop said:

FJ43 said:

FbgTxAg said:

DisAg said:

I think the Reddit army starts coming for them next week - some new platform or podcast or something, and CLOV is thought to be the first one they target to the moon

I think it will happen. The question is will the shorts be there for the squeeze and how high will it push? It may just recover and go to $18. Maybe they push it to $20-30.

Now if they want to dive in next week and drive it to $200-300, I won't argue. I would take a 20x exit

I'm following OA, 30 net free
khaos288
AG
RigsTx said:

khaos288 said:

jonj101 said:

ibdm98 said:

Hey all,

So I have a book with a similar name as this but wasn't written by Jobman. Is his copy the only recommended version? I believe mine is the Lim version.

Absolutely no clue. Sorry
First Page Last Page
Page 3228 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.