Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,086,322 Views | 231818 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by El_duderino
ClutchCityAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Entered a few SPY weekly 380 puts here as small hedge
Let it ride
Talon2DSO
AG
Sold SNDL 4c at .30 for 2/12
FJ43
59 South said:

I bought some $TRIT and sold equivalent numbers of 2/19 7.5 puts for $0.70.

This $7.50 level is holding pretty well and setting up and inverse H&S. If not, next level down is about $6.80, or $7.50 - 0.70 for you mathematically challenged folk.

btw if inverse H&S were to play out, you're looking at 12-13 area. I'd sell covered calls and/or shares there to get the cost basis down quick.
Thanks for the heads up. Like this selling puts here so sold the same just now and filled at .75. Long on this so will gladly take the shares for net 6.75 entry or keep their money next week.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

59 South
AG
That ole fella OA might be onto something. TRIT intraday 1 minute for entry:

tsuag10
AG
OK veteran premium harvesters - coach me up, please.

I got back in on SNDL with 300 shares at $2.42

When it starts going back strong, how many covered calls should I write? 1 or 2? Or all 3?

Should I maybe only do 1 CC, and try to sell some of the other shares to get net free?

I would like to hold some SNDL long term, but I also want to be smart about harvesting premium and getting net free if possible.

TIA
Fireman
AG
I'm in $TRIT...also in on $TRIL, hope this **** don't get too confusing.
59 South
AG
And for you folks trying to get better at position sizing, I'm not perfect or really that good, but my buys on TRIT were 3% of my trading account, and I sold the puts tying up another 3% until next Friday that either ends up doubling down by adding at a net $6.80, or I made about 10% on that 3% of my account tied up for a little over a week.

How's that for a run on sentence. It's dinner time
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Anyone playing the ATLAS play of the day, INFI? Cheap, with HIGH IV options. I may sell some of next weeks calls on a whim here.

Ok, so bought X shares at $5.49. Just sold next week's $10's for $1 ea. on X/2 shares. If I get called out I"m already net free and damn profitable. If not, cost of ownership just dropped down to $5 per share.
Just bought those suckers back for $.33
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
FJ43 said:

howdydamnit04 said:

Panic sold my CLOV at 11.91... only losing $4 per share. Stupid stupid stupid.
Maybe look to pick up some options March or May to have a reentry if you want back in outside of the wash sale rule. Just a thought.
I've always wondered how that works... Is it from the time you buy the option or the time you exercise it/at option expiry?

What about rolling weekly options? Are those considered wash sales?
leoj
AG
FJ43
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

FJ43 said:

howdydamnit04 said:

Maybe look to pick up some options March or May to have a reentry if you want back in outside of the wash sale rule. Just a thought.
I've always wondered how that works... Is it from the time you buy the option or the time you exercise it/at option expiry?

If you sold shares at a loss its 30 days from sale to repurchase date. Not sure on the options rolling but need to check that.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

59 South
AG
Fireman said:

I'm in $TRIT...also in on $TRIL, hope this **** don't get too confusing.
Pointer - music related jedi mind trick:

TRIT - 90s mullet country
TRIL - old school Houston rap
Stat Monitor Repairman
Somebody take a look at Barrel Energy, Inc. (BRLL)

Lithium industry same field as ABML. May have been mentioned on here before.

In any event, bought 10K at 0.04 a share last week and since then it has gone on a tear trading now at 0.76 on recent news.

I'm up over 821% based on pure luck on my part. Thinking about selling 25% and letting it ride on house money.

In any event, just throwing this out there for the hive mind.
Fireman
BrokeAssAggie
Little shake n bake action going on.
FJ43
tsuag10 said:

OK veteran premium harvesters - coach me up, please.

I got back in on SNDL with 300 shares at $2.42

When it starts going back strong, how many covered calls should I write? 1 or 2? Or all 3?

Should I maybe only do 1 CC, and try to sell some of the other shares to get net free?

I would like to hold some SNDL long term, but I also want to be smart about harvesting premium and getting net free if possible.

TIA
Just me but if I had 300 shares total I would sell the March $7 for .80 on 2 of them. Keep one back. If called away thats $1,560 to you on $726 investment and you still have 100 shares free on top of a double. If this dips back down you can buy those back for half I bet or just keep all the premium ($320 or almost half your investment) at expiration.

Maybe someone has a better plan here.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
FJ43 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

FJ43 said:

howdydamnit04 said:

If you sold shares at a loss its 30 days from sale to repurchase date. Not sure on the options rolling but need to check that.
Right, so if he sold shares (at a loss) today and bought an option contract today on the same stock, I'd assume that is considered a wash sale, no matter how far out expiry is. I don't really know though.
ProgN
59 South said:

And for you folks trying to get better at position sizing, I'm not perfect or really that good, but my buys on TRIT were 3% of my trading account, and I sold the puts tying up another 3% until next Friday that either ends up doubling down by adding at a net $6.80, or I made about 10% on that 3% of my account tied up for a little over a week.

How's that for a run on sentence. It's dinner time
You've got nothing on Ketch, he's the Sith Lord of run on sentences.
agdaddy04
AG
Was BRLL posted last week? Someone in the other thread was in on it as well. I didn't remember seeing it talked about.
mc_shipman
See, I seem to be having the opposite effect. I've picked up shares of a few different things, and it's all down. What goes down must come up, right? Right?
frankm01
fightintxag13 said:

McInnis with a great callout on the MU option flow! We making money!

Just came here to say this too. Good call!
FJ43
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

FJ43 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

FJ43 said:

howdydamnit04 said:

Right, so if he sold shares (at a loss) today and bought an option contract today on the same stock, I'd assume that is considered a wash sale, no matter how far out expiry is. I don't really know though.
I think this will apply to the option contract as I just read it. Meaning it would be included in the wash sale rule if I am understanding correctly.

Stat Monitor Repairman
agdaddy04 said:

Was BRLL posted last week? Someone in the other thread was in on it as well. I didn't remember seeing it talked about.
It was at some point, for sure. May have been several weeks weeks ago because i've had it watch-listed for a while based on this or the other thread.
TxAG#2011
RigsTx said:

TxAG#2011 said:

I feel like a paid shill for NVDA at this point but I strongly suggest people to grab some. Clean break of it's 6 months consolidation zone, expected to blow out earnings and have a bonkers year
Is there a good way to play this using options?
Short-term I wouldn't be the best answer. Longer dated calls are my bet, expensive though.
FbgTxAg
AG
So not to jinx it

Alpha
Delta
Tango
X-Ray

is having a damn day. Thanks to whoever it was that brought that one.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
LarryL
Anyone have thoughts on $ABML? It's another lithium play.

John Francis Donaghy
I like SNDL long term. They went debt free in Dec. And are focusing their business on premium products. Made some rumblings about possibly acquiring some other companies recently as well. I think they're positioning themselves well to be a major player in the Canadian weed business, and a good candidate to expand into US markets as regulations loosen up.

Just my thoughts.
FbgTxAg
AG
StrawberryFields said:

There's a whole thread on it on the B&I board. "To the guy who...." or something like that.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Red Red Wine
AG
So I sold a big chunk of SNDL at $4.75 this morning and the feeling is we should buy back in on this dip?

LarryL
FbgTxAg said:

StrawberryFields said:

There's a whole thread on it on the B&I board. "To the guy who...." or something like that.
Thanks, I rarely visit any other board, lol. There's only so much time in a day!

I will check it out though.
ClutchCityAg
One for the crypto list: IDEX

"Ideanomics Inc. is focused on facilitating the adoption of commercial electric vehicles and developing financial services and fintech products. The Company's electric vehicle division, Mobile Energy Global (MEG) provides group purchasing discounts on commercial electric vehicles, electric vehicle (EV) batteries and electricity as well as financing and charging solutions. The Company's Capital division includes Delaware Board of Trade (DBOT), which is a broker dealer that also operates an Alternative Trading System (ATS) focused on the trading of traditional OTC securities, and Intelligenta provides financial services solutions powered by artificial intelligence (AI) and blockchain. Intelligenta offers its AI services for the creation of financial products, risk ratings and indexing, and selection and recommendation systems on behalf of key stakeholders. It also provides real estate title and settlement services through Timios Holdings Corp (Timios)."
Let it ride
gigemJTH12
AG
Spaceship
AG
Thoughts on WWR? I bought big on the dip today on a swing trade, and see that earnings are next Tuesday (with the market closed Monday). Do you foresee a run up to earnings, or any idea what the perception of their upcoming earnings look like?
John Francis Donaghy
StrawberryFields said:

Lithium is hot right now. They seem to have a solid plan and management team. But right now it's all speculative. They have no current infrastructure in place, and have not actually proven their business model that I'm aware of.

They hired a very accomplished guy from Tesla who has a lot of patents to his name, but they all belong to his previous employers and research groups. Will have to be able to come up with something new for ABML and prove it from the ground up.

For now, ABML is nearly a $2B company without any actual business to speak of. Interesting long term speculative play for sure, but I just don't see it going much higher than it is until they have something tangible to prove value.
Talon2DSO
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

One for the crypto list: IDEX

"Ideanomics Inc. is focused on facilitating the adoption of commercial electric vehicles and developing financial services and fintech products. The Company's electric vehicle division, Mobile Energy Global (MEG) provides group purchasing discounts on commercial electric vehicles, electric vehicle (EV) batteries and electricity as well as financing and charging solutions. The Company's Capital division includes Delaware Board of Trade (DBOT), which is a broker dealer that also operates an Alternative Trading System (ATS) focused on the trading of traditional OTC securities, and Intelligenta provides financial services solutions powered by artificial intelligence (AI) and blockchain. Intelligenta offers its AI services for the creation of financial products, risk ratings and indexing, and selection and recommendation systems on behalf of key stakeholders. It also provides real estate title and settlement services through Timios Holdings Corp (Timios)."

I've been in this one for a couple of weeks. Hasn't lost me anything yet so that's cool
First Page Last Page
Page 3221 of 6624

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.