Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,089,496 Views | 231837 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Swollen Thumb
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WOAH... the most clearly defined goalposts I've ever found. Anyone in on this or know anything about it?!

Tibbers
DisAg said:

Tibbers said:

Anyone have problems with E*TRADE clearing money for investing? Currently, when I sell a stock, I have to wait 3 days for the funds to transfer to be able to purchase the next stock. When I reach out to speak with someone at E*TRADE, I'm on hold for an hour and I just give up. It's maddening. Should I just switch to td ameritrade?
Did you sell a stock, then buy a stock with those funds before they cleared, then sold the stock that you bought with the uncleared funds before your original stock sell cleared. If you did you may have violated their ToS and be on a 90 day restriction.

I made that mistake, fortunately, that was on Fidelity. I have been watching myself on IAB from doing that, but they seem to be quicker about cash coming in from sell orders, they just want you to have 10% equity of cash on your total trades I believe.

I think so. Sheit. Well guys here are some neat up and comers to take a look at.

$USMJ based here in Texas. They are making deals with lots of different cbd companies and will be the main distribution hub for all. Logistics meets weed.

Another is $PRPM. New CEO looking at making some fun Bitcoin deals. Might be fun to throw a couple hundred at. Lots of momentum and looking to arrive in penny land soon.

Finally, $CATV is another fun weed play. I just think that with dems in charge, they will be making a big play with weed legalization. Fun to get on the ground floor!
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Sometimes when people on here ***** about the fruit stock, I start humming Cody Jinks "Somewhere Between I Love You and I'm Leaving"

It's going to be. okay!
leoj
AG
Definitely common in bios but also risky obviously
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tilray-shares-soar-29-as-reddit-message-board-sets-sights-on-cannabis-sector-11612977363?mod=home-page

Regarding article - Second to last paragraph is our catalyst.

Time for SNDL to shoot the moon. (42 reference there..)
BullSprig07
AG
trip98 said:

BullSprig07 said:

McInnis 03 said:

$ASO

Can any of you expound on this? ASO is one of the largest positions I have. What/if anything should I be taking from this info?

People...aka wallstreetbets...are going to buy the **** out of it to force the price up fast. This hurts the people who are "short sellers" who have basically bet against a stock rising by selling shares they don't currently own. The goal is to force the short sellers to actually buy shares to cover their previously sold position. That then makes more people buying...which drives the price up even more. The short sellers are then buying stock above the price they sold it for creating a loss for them but they are stick and have no choice.
In short it artificially drives up price of stock really quick. But it will also come crashing down quick
Go look up GME chart for last 1 month and you'll see it having just happened.

I also own ASO and have small position of 100 shares. I sold a CC against it hoping to lower cost but I truly believe in ASO long term. I will be buying back my call even at loss to see where this action goes. Maybe even sell my shares if it rockets to pocket profit and then wait until it crashes down to re-enter

Thanks
I get the short squeeze concept. My confusion is as to why ASO stock is being so heavily shorted in the first place. It's a very healthy company that's crushing earnings, so my question is why so many are betting on it to go down.
Water Turkey07
BlueTaze
StrawberryFields said:

Challenger 17 said:

"Even the fake ones"

MFH block chain pmt systems
"Mercurity" not even a real word
China based
British islands located
Low float
Maybe fake
Buy buy buy

https://www.mercurity.com/
BenRev09
AG
Any insight you'd be willing to share about cryptocurrency and institutional adoption? Market outlook w SPX 4K in sight? General AD market musings?
aggielax11
AG
yep, did the same.
FbgTxAg
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

WOAH... the most clearly defined goalposts I've ever found. Anyone in on this or know anything about it?!

I can't remember specifics, but do goalposts matter on a 6 mo or 1yr chart? The right side was weeks ago - is it still indicative of a move up?
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Brewmaster
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tilray-shares-soar-29-as-reddit-message-board-sets-sights-on-cannabis-sector-11612977363?mod=home-page

nice find. Great to have you back here posting by the way brother You are one of the o.g.'s
gig em 02
aggiedaniel06 said:

Yikes
Hey when is the next real "crash"/"correction" coming? You were ringing the bells last time!
FbgTxAg
AG
I don't want to be that guy, but...

"Shoot the Moon" is in Moon, not 42.

Just sayin'
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Guitarsoup
AG
FbgTxAg said:

Just sayin'
Shoot the Moon is in Hearts.
Tibbers said:

Anyone have problems with E*TRADE clearing money for investing? Currently, when I sell a stock, I have to wait 3 days for the funds to transfer to be able to purchase the next stock. When I reach out to speak with someone at E*TRADE, I'm on hold for an hour and I just give up. It's maddening. Should I just switch to td ameritrade?
I'm not with E*TRADE, but I think some systems are being tested thoroughly with volumes coming from retail side plus internal volume at the house.

I've been with Fidelity for 40 years now and love their site. Yesterday I experienced some issues, first time ever. I was selling options. Got frustrated because I could not get an execution. So I decided to experiment. I set my asking price in the order at the bid. When the order did not fill, 10 minutes later I replaced the order at 5 cents under the bid. When the order did not fill in 10 minutes I replaced that order at 10 cents under the bid. When that order did not fill in 10 minutes I replaced the order back to the bid-side and kept repeating the process. Volumes were not a limiter for these stock option issue - liquidity was present. I do not phone customer service anymore as wait times exceed an hour. I pulled up the chat box and wrote a terse message and told them they could verify what I did from my orders page per the account number as all the activity is record and they could match it to the dollar tick time stamps of the stock option issue in question. When I sent the message I was number 35 in the queue waiting. They got the message.

As for today,...every option trade was executed and a "price betterment".

The other half of the portfolio rests at Vanguard. I like them for a few reasons, but to me, their trading platform is equivalent to chiseling a stone tablet to place an order.
FbgTxAg said:

Just sayin'
Yeah,...I know, but I cant spell dominoses
Guitarsoup said:

FbgTxAg said:

Just sayin'
Shoot the Moon is in Hearts.
Well,...don't play hearts, and we shot the moon in our game.
DisAg

Tibbers said:

I'm not with E*TRADE, but I think some systems are being tested thoroughly with volumes coming from retail side plus internal volume at the house.

I've been with Fidelity for 40 years now and love their site. Yesterday I experienced some issues, first time ever. I was selling options. Got frustrated because I could not get an execution. So I decided to experiment. I set my asking price in the order at the bid. When the order did not fill, 10 minutes later I replaced the order at 5 cents under the bid. When the order did not fill in 10 minutes I replaced that order at 10 cents under the bid. When that order did not fill in 10 minutes I replaced the order back to the bid-side and kept repeating the process. Volumes were not a limiter for these stock option issue - liquidity was present. I do not phone customer service anymore as wait times exceed an hour. I pulled up the chat box and wrote a terse message and told them they could verify what I did from my orders page per the account number as all the activity is record and they could match it to the dollar tick time stamps of the stock option issue in question. When I sent the message I was number 35 in the queue waiting. They got the message.

As for today,...every option trade was executed and a "price betterment".

The other half of the portfolio rests at Vanguard. I like them for a few reasons, but to me, their trading platform is equivalent to chiseling a stone tablet to place an order.

When the time is right, thinking about moving all my funds under one roof to IAB. I just have positions in stock right now I do not want to get out of. However, Fidelity lets me buy OTC stock, whereas IAB doesn't. I think I need permission to do business in OTC in IAB.
BREwmaster said:

nice find. Great to have you back here posting by the way brother You are one of the o.g.'s
Thanks! I think I'm going to retire this handle and reappear with an Ag Tag handle. I've been against the Tag only because I didn't need it to graduate. Times change, people change, and I guess it's time. Old dogs learn new techniques, because they already know the tricks..
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
$RSSV has taken a bit of a hit lately. I might be buying some tomorrow after seeing how market opens up.
trip98
AG
BullSprig07 said:

trip98 said:

BullSprig07 said:

McInnis 03 said:

$ASO

Can any of you expound on this? ASO is one of the largest positions I have. What/if anything should I be taking from this info?

People...aka wallstreetbets...are going to buy the **** out of it to force the price up fast. This hurts the people who are "short sellers" who have basically bet against a stock rising by selling shares they don't currently own. The goal is to force the short sellers to actually buy shares to cover their previously sold position. That then makes more people buying...which drives the price up even more. The short sellers are then buying stock above the price they sold it for creating a loss for them but they are stick and have no choice.
In short it artificially drives up price of stock really quick. But it will also come crashing down quick

I also own ASO and have small position of 100 shares. I sold a CC against it hoping to lower cost but I truly believe in ASO long term. I will be buying back my call even at loss to see where this action goes. Maybe even sell my shares if it rockets to pocket profit and then wait until it crashes down to re-enter

Thanks
I get the short squeeze concept. My confusion is as to why ASO stock is being so heavily shorted in the first place. It's a very healthy company that's crushing earnings, so my question is why so many are betting on it to go down.

Just like we all have different views on politics, religion, and rc as our baseball coach. .there are different views and methods on how to make money in the stock market. Short selling is one of them. Not to mention large firms that short can often make the market perform the way they want. Much more so than you and I could. And their paycheck depends on it
That's the whole crux of wsb. Doesn't matter if a company is performing well or not.. it's about how to make money from it.
BreNayPop
AG
trip98 said:

BullSprig07 said:

trip98 said:

BullSprig07 said:

McInnis 03 said:

$ASO

Thanks

Just like we all have different views on politics, religion, and rc as our baseball coach. .there are different views and methods on how to make money in the stock market. Short selling is one of them. Not to mention large firms that short can often make the market perform the way they want. Much more so than you and I could. And their paycheck depends on it
That's the whole crux of wsb. Doesn't matter if a company is performing well or not.. it's about how to make money from it.

After this many damn years, if anybody has a different view of RC as our baseball coach.....
Aston04
AG

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Anyone who's good at chart reading like this chart? Saw it pop up on my scanner and it seemed interesting. Good volume on it yesterday.
AQUA

Not much chatter on Twitter about it except for this thread from this guy I don't know.

They also have announced a secondary offering tomorrow. Probably why there was such a large volume move on it yesterday. Not sure what that will do except possibly dilute shares?
Ornithopter
AG
Fascinating to see how those percentages have dropped in general since GME blew up.

And please let ASO go nuts.
BlueTaze
SNDL $3.50 AH
Lightning Dexter
I've seen the following posted a couple of times on the internet, but I don't understand the logic.

"If your long on this stock, create a GTC sell order for a really high price..."

What does this accomplish?
ibdm98
AG
Profit? Maybe I'm missing the point?
wjbrown88
Lightning Dexter said:

I've seen the following posted a couple of times on the internet, but I don't understand the logic.

"If your long on this stock, create a GTC sell order for a really high price..."

Sounds like they're praying for a giant fat finger buy?
FbgTxAg
AG
Lightning Dexter said:

My guess is to remind you daily that you are LONG in said stock, and that price will be the reward for your diamond hands.

That sort of thing might be VERY helpful right now if I put a $500 sell order on all my fruit stock. If it doesn't get past 140 next week, I'm gonna need a new fruit computer.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
That's not really a strategy, just a free way to capture a moon rocket if it were to happen. Sure it's possible but not really likely.

It's probably much more beneficial to know your price targets for net free, etc and set GTC orders at those levels on pre determined share or option lots.
Lightning Dexter
I took it as having something to do with preventing your shares from being lended out to shorts, but I wasn't sure if this was true.
Engine10
AG
For anyone worried/concerned about $ASO short, check out the daily chart.Looks like healthy movements to me! There's a lot of chatter lately on the topic and it's healthy, just don't let it make you see boogeymen.
First Page Last Page
Page 3208 of 6624

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.