Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,043,407 Views | 231654 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't know about y'all, but the biggest tease in stocks is AH when the stock keeps moving (say up) and your covered call doesn't reflect change anymore......with all my covered MVIS and SNDL shares...........I look super awesome right now, but the PING at the bell tomorrow always hurts. Never fails to sting.

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
$ASO

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Touchless
AG
Here
AgEE10
AG
Aggie118 said:

Y'all let me know if there are any stocks you want to see fly and I'll sell a covered call on it, it spikes immediately every time...
AAPL
Post removed:
by user
ag94whoop
AG
McInnis 03 said:

$ASO

Who you callin an ASO?
cptthunder
McInnis 03 said:

I don't know about y'all, but the biggest tease in stocks is AH when the stock keeps moving (say up) and your covered call doesn't reflect change anymore......with all my covered MVIS and SNDL shares...........I look super awesome right now, but the PING at the bell tomorrow always hurts. Never fails to sting.

It took me awhile to figure out that was what was happening when i would be up a couple percent and then all would vanish to a much much smaller gain

Looks like MVIS and SNDL are going to be doing that to me dirty tomorrow
FJ43
ag94whoop said:

FJ43 said:

Not sure I noticed all these before on my positions list but now I show the following having the SEC 201 short sale rule restriction applied.

MVIS
WWR
IBIO
NXTD
CIDM
EBON
KIQ

Forgive my ignorance but what does that actually mean
Basically freezes short selling of a security for a short period of time. In this case for the ones above the SEC 201 rule has been triggered. For those above at least it says until 8PM EST this evening.

Here is a link to Investopedia further explanation.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/u/uptickrule.asp#:~:text=The%202010%20alternative%20uptick%20rule,least%2010%25%20in%20one%20day.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FbgTxAg
AG
Might I inquire kindly as to when UWMC might be inclined to begin moving in a positive direction? The incessantly slow and steady decline is becoming a bit of an aggravation.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Touchless
AG
Anyone trimming any SNDL or MVIS on this AH run??
0708aggie
AG
That is true, but once the contract settles you keep the cash and the negative goes away.
TexasAg2017
AG
Those SNDL Feb 12 .50Cs that I sold are screaming right now.
Agswinning
McInnis 03 said:

COME AND TAKE IT.

I spy a GREEN hammer
FJ43
Touchless said:

Well about like several other execution failures today I sold a portion of my MVIS when it wouldn't reclaim the intraday Model T and I believed I recognized a hanging man on the Daily. Don't think there was a way for me to predict the news release but for me I aint trimmin nuthin now.

Edit: I did buy more shares back at the first bounce AH hours at $15.58
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

cptthunder
0708aggie said:

That is true, but once the contract settles you keep the cash and the negative goes away.
Oh zero complaints for me, i welcome that little sting in the morning come expiration day and cash comes rollin in
cptthunder
FJ43 said:

Touchless said:

Well about like several other execution failures today I sold a portion of my MVIS when it wouldn't reclaim the intraday Model T and I believed I recognized a hanging man on the Daily. Don't think there was a way for me to predict the news release but for me I aint trimmin nuthin now.
I feel yeah, I thought i was being smart selling some at the cup completion @$9.75 but luckily it was just a small amount
Maedan86
AG
FJ43 said:

Touchless said:

Ditto here. I sold have my position in MVIS this afternoon....if it weren't for bad luck, Id' have no luck at all, gloom dispair and agony on me
E
AG
Touchless said:

Nope. These diamond hands are holding to the moon...
Mr President Elect
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

McGinnis I posted this above but can you help me out with what you would do?

I did my first covered calls on SNDL today. I am very confused on the whole situation.
I sold March $3's.

if this thing is long past that tomorrow, do I just buy those back, eat that loss, and buy some higher ones?

for specifics, I have 1100 shares and sold 5 contracts of the CCs
You can roll them to April $4's for about the same price. I usually don't worry about them that far out just yet. Also suspect more options will become available tomorrow such as July $5's. It's only ~40% of your shares, so I might would let some of them get called out just to capture that profit.
Charlie Conway
AgEE10 said:

Aggie118 said:

Y'all let me know if there are any stocks you want to see fly and I'll sell a covered call on it, it spikes immediately every time...
AAPL
yes mutha ****in please
ebdb_bnb
McInnis 03 said:

La Bamba said:

BREwmaster said:

La Bamba said:

Got a feeling TLRY and SNDL are about to go crazy. may have trapped a bunch of shorts.
the option flow seems to think so too.
Fidelity shows max strike for TLRY weeklies is 65? What happens if TLRY gets above that? Volume on the 65c is massive. LOL. Honestly after the GME saga and then SAVA, this could go to 100.
A) TDA has options up to 100 for this Friday. the 65C has been pounded.
B) If you're holding 65c's and it gets above that, you'll roll in dough.
CNBC hit on TLRY a little bit ago. They talked about some of the MMs using synthetic options and accumulating shares to avoid the GME scenario again. Sounded like there were some lessons learned and are better prepared.
Engine10
AG
Just tossed my SNDL shares in the (Net Free Never Sell) group in TOS! Love that feelin. Free **** is the best
Post removed:
by user
cptthunder
$MVIS
Its not stopping......
Mr President Elect
AG
Would really like to get $MVIS put on the do not mention list. My May $10 cc's are going to look ugly for a while in my account.
FJ43

OA right about now on going net free, planting it and wake me up later when it reaches $X

kyledr04
AG
Sad I never bought any MVIS. What a run.
McInnis 03
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

McGinnis I posted this above but can you help me out with what you would do?

I did my first covered calls on SNDL today. I am very confused on the whole situation.
I sold March $3's.

if this thing is long past that tomorrow, do I just buy those back, eat that loss, and buy some higher ones?

for specifics, I have 1100 shares and sold 5 contracts of the CCs

You can massage them by rolling or just get called out, assuming the levels hold They may not . You'll get paid $300 per contract. That's called making money

B&I Key:
Colt98
AG
ClutchCityAg
FJ43 said:

OA right about now on going net free, planting it and wake me up later when it reaches $X

The part I have yet to master is when it reaches $X how much of my net free shares am I willing to part with?

On MGNI I planted and forgot about it, then took some profits when it hit $30. Now wondering whether to do the same at $60 or just forget about them forever and let it be equity in my account.
Let it ride
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I will be very glad when feb expiration happens. Something like 15% of my account balance is caught in buy writes that I don't want to exit early because I want the full theta decay.
Fireman
AG
McInnis 03 said:

K-Bob said:

Down 7.6k based on Market hours.

I am sure much more now.
Are you talking about SNDL or your whole portfolio, because if this goes to $4 and stays above 4 you're going to get rewarded extremely handsomely. Each contract you sold is worth $400 when exercised and your stock was bought for $57.....
Yes - this is a good reminder, you're gonna get $400 for every contract, so to lose on your CCs, SNDL would need to exceed $4.00 and hold that level for you to get called out of your shares. Looks likely right now, but July is a lifetime away, so a lot could change in that time period. Not financial advice, but if it were me, I'd be looking for a SNDL pullback and buy back most if not all of your CCs as pot stocks seem to be in favor right now and for the foreseeable future.

Just remember, right now, no one else is pulling for a SNDL pullback in this thread, so if you root for that, do so quietly; kind of like betting on the DC at the dice table.
docaggie
AG
tv1113 said:

So I did my first covered calls on mvis am I about to get slaughtered
Rotate up and out.
Tomorrow after open, look at how much your current ones are valued at and find a higher priced one of a similar amount at a later date.
I had already rotated from Feb to march. Tomorrow I'll rotate from March to May, likely at a strike $5 higher.
So, you'll end up with a relatively neutral trade, but more money if called out.

This is if you don't want to get called out.

I personally have been doing this, then buying them back much cheaper when they dip, just harvesting premium. You'll see a lot of people on here doing this.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GasAg90
FJ43 said:

The formula is quite simple.
FJ43

MVIS

In case anyone was interested the Model T on this AH move at the present time (assuming it doesn't go up any further) is about $18.16 and for the day $17.72. I'll be curious what the next couple hours looks like with it.

First Page Last Page
Page 3205 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.