Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,046,142 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shundere said:

According to Adam Mancini, we should be watching for 3906 on /ES. If we can get above that, bad news for bulls.
Why is >3906 bad news for bulls? Not following the meaning.
ClutchCityAg
Well we got that 5% correction... to my account
Let it ride
59 South
AG
For you people worried about AAPL, what if you had played 1/22 135 calls and sold on 1/15 or 1/19? Does this wave look similar to that one? We're almost to lower side of rising channel active sequence. Every time that has happened since Oct/Nov (3 to be exact), it has exploded up to top of channel (150+ right now).

Playing options you either have to day trade them or have diamond hands to wait them out. You also have to go into them assuming they're going to zero (not really if that's not your style but that's my self imposed jedi mind trick I play on myself). So don't make options bets you aren't ok with losing big on. Use a % of your big winner profits to enter the next one.
gougler08
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Shundere said:

According to Adam Mancini, we should be watching for 3906 on /ES. If we can get above that, bad news for bulls.
I assume he either meant if we can't get above that or it's bad news for bears if we do
Bird Poo
AG
Shundere said:

Just started following him.

What is the ES_F ticker he refers to? I cannot find the ticker for this. Newby question for sure.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
My account is up today thanks entirely to $OPEN. It is the only green I have in my account today, but I have a decent size position in it that I'm planning to hold longterm.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FJ43
59 South said:

For you people worried about AAPL, what if you had played 1/22 135 calls and sold on 1/15 or 1/19? Does this wave look similar to that one? We're almost to lower side of rising channel active sequence. Every time that has happened since Oct/Nov (3 to be exact), it has exploded up to top of channel (150+ right now).

Playing options you either have to day trade them or have diamond hands to wait them out. You also have to go into them assuming they're going to zero (not really if that's not your style but that's my self imposed jedi mind trick I play on myself). So don't make options bets you aren't ok with losing big on. Use a % of your big winner profits to enter the next one.
Preach it 59
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

ClutchCityAg
gougler08 said:

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Shundere said:

I assume he either meant if we can't get above that or it's bad news for bears if we do
Pivot level where bullish above and bearish below
Let it ride
ClutchCityAg
PearlJammin said:

Shundere said:

What is the ES_F ticker he refers to? I cannot find the ticker for this. Newby question for sure.
ES_F is S&P futures
Let it ride
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Trade idea;
(It's mine, so low probability)

I'm following that little $8 Mar19/Apr19 TRXC call flow

Buy Mar19 4C, sell Mar19 6c
Pay $.40 for each spread, max return $2.00 per spread.
This is MARCHING.
Holy ****
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
FJ43
SNDL at $2.62
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

BenRev09
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

PearlJammin said:

Shundere said:

ES_F is S&P futures
ticker for this on TradingView is ES1! I believe
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Give this man some Pappy 23.

Best post of the day.

If I had become nervous on GILD (we were within 2 weeks of expiration when the explosive move happened), I would have missed out on a 400K realized. When you factor in the shares (some of which I'm still holding), it was a lot more.
0708aggie
FbgTxAg
AG
You options gurus - I've got 10 3/19 TRXC 8 calls that I'm up 220% on.... TRXC sitting above 6.

Would you take the profit here or hold for bigger? I don't mind gambling, I just don't understand decay enough yet to know when to pull a trigger on selling a winner yet.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
FJ43
Geez I just resold the SNDL Feb 19 $5 calls again but this time for $0.50. Come get them and put me out of my misery.

McInnis 03
AG
FJ43 said:

SNDL at $2.62

Going for 3
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
FbgTxAg said:

You options gurus - I've got 10 3/19 TRXC 8 calls that I'm up 220% on.... TRXC sitting above 6.

Would you take the profit here or hold for bigger? I don't mind gambling, I just don't understand decay enough yet to know when to pull a trigger on selling a winner yet.

Sell to go net free and then let some run?

B&I Key:
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

FJ43 said:

SNDL at $2.62

Going for 3
You can sell Feb 19 $5 right now for .55. $0.60 Getting fills on that.

McInnis 03
AG
I want your big, fat, huge, account

B&I Key:
sts7049
AG
well this past month has definitely been a learning experience with trading and options. but in spite of the ugly morning my account did OK and i learned a few lessons.

-be more patient selling CCs. at first i was rushing right in to secure premium after i entered but i've learned i need to be more patient and wait for the right time to sell CCs. a lot of my CCs were sold at too low a premium (or not on upswings) and that ate into my gains when they rose up and i wanted out of them

-hold back percentages of my holdings, don't sell CCs on everything

but i'm getting the hang of this slowly! next i want to try to learn spreads...

austinAG90
AG
Of course it is - sold half my position today !!
FbgTxAg
AG
McInnis 03 said:

FbgTxAg said:

Sell to go net free and then let some run?

Ah - so sell maybe half and let the others roll?
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
CharlieBrown17
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Net free WWR

This strategy really does make a red day feel better.

That and these big rallies followed by a dip have been WWRs MO since 5/share
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Trade idea;
(It's mine, so low probability)

I'm following that little $8 Mar19/Apr19 TRXC call flow

Buy Mar19 4C, sell Mar19 6c
Pay $.40 for each spread, max return $2.00 per spread.
This is MARCHING.
Holy ****

I did 5.5/-8 for .35, almost a double already!
irish pete ag06
AG
Fireman said:

Which ones are you in? Might make for a good opportunity for others to join late, and if enough folks join it could boost the price back up for you.
FEB 19 17.50 calls.

They got in the money early then I've been bled nearly dry.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
My wife already does.
La Bamba
AG
Got a feeling TLRY and SNDL are about to go crazy. may have trapped a bunch of shorts.
ag94whoop
AG
I am only holding 1000 remaining net free shares of SNDL and I am trying to figure out hold long I want to hold them and whether to just liquidate in $2.50s-2.60s or wait and see if it climbs several dollars more.

Similar deal on KIQ but its prices arent worth unloading yet

Post removed:
by user
Brewmaster
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

BREwmaster said:

who would be interested in a kiddie roth friendly competition? Maybe % per month gain.

I know 30k, Prog and others have one.
I have a UTMA account for my son, invested him into ARK funds but it seems like I might should have gone Roth? The whole income thing threw me for a loop and this seemed like the easier path but you guys make me question that. Any insight?
Don't look at it as income like from a part time job or something official. income for your minor (roth ira) can be anything, chores, taking out the trash. For our 3 year old, it can be helping mom with the laundry. Heck he even likes to vacuum. I've only put $500 in, contribution wise, but it has more than doubled in a month. $6k is the max contribution per year (but that means maximum $6k in allowance or for a teen, $6k in baby sitting, yard mowing, etc.)
Prog got me onto this by the way. We have a 529, but I'm outpacing it by leaps and bounds. My 3 year old is about to sell his first covered calls, haha!
FJ43
ag94whoop said:

I am only holding 1000 remaining net free shares of SNDL and I am trying to figure out hold long I want to hold them and whether to just liquidate in $2.50s-2.60s or wait and see if it climbs several dollars more.

Similar deal on KIQ but its prices arent worth unloading yet

Sell $5 covered calls for next Friday at .55 if you are thinking of liquidating. Get $5.55 or keep the $55.

Edit: Just my 2 cents

oldarmy1
AG
SPWR looks ready to rumble. Whatever is coming from the Green Global group Run and SPWR look poised to rally on it.
Brewmaster
AG
La Bamba said:

Got a feeling TLRY and SNDL are about to go crazy. may have trapped a bunch of shorts.
the option flow seems to think so too.
gigemJTH12
AG
oldarmy1 said:

SPWR looks ready to rumble. Whatever is coming from the Green Global group Run and SPWR look poised to rally on it.
shares or options?
First Page Last Page
Page 3197 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.