Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,048,783 Views | 231657 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by Cru
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
yukmonkey said:

Can someone quickly explain Model T
As a few have mentioned Page 1 and the very beginning OA provides the description and example. I would read that and it will all make sense.

Here is an image I just did for you on RUN that was today intraday. This can happen on any time frame and is very common. Days, weeks, hours, minutes, etc. Just one example of Model T as it applies high to low and low to high points.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

zag213004
AG
if you are looking for a little laughter take 42 seconds out of your day to watch this (with sound)

Stocks related ($ZM)

Fightin_Aggie
AG
leoj said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

would appreciate opinions on $AGFY

Looks really interesting. Already a strong start post ipo, no real dip after that strong support at $11.

Biggest risk I see on it says not very liquid/not a lot volume trading so buy and sells may move a lot before they transact.

The site I use was 13mm shares outstanding and daily volume ~1.5mm. Maybe inaccurate, I would review that. I use simple wall st
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
FJ43

Read leoj's post from Ripster on it. Seems like may be a play worth a spin and going to add it to my watch list. I think some in this industry will win out at the end of the day.

Edit: Just saw Fightin Aggie's post. Yeah pretty low volume. 650k shares today. 3M shares day one and 2.4 on day 4 but declining since.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

gougler08
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Y'all seeing these updated weather forecast?

1-3 inches of snow on Monday in southwest houston
SW AG80
AG
I know the "cat" lawyer, He is a fricking idiot.

And, glad to say, he is neither a friend nor an Aggie.
Ags2013
AG
DNN is hitting AH
Mostly Foggy Recollection
The cold is coming and is going to be here a while.

Back on subject, I had a conversation with an AVP at Nasdaq today after a class we were both involved in.

A lot of different subjects, but for a few minutes we discussed Bitcoin, Tesla and companies strategic moves on crypto, and he basically repeated what OA had to say yesterday. Much like OA, he believes the USD is on the clock.

I may interview him and record it for you guys. He was open to it.

Nothing groundbreaking, but another data point that reinforces what I've believed for several years now regarding our fiscal policy and the USD.
mazag08
AG
Any have any space heater penny stocks?

Let's make money off this thing!
FbgTxAg
AG
The past several trading days have been extremely good AH for me. Exceptional really. Most early sessions as well. Very mixed bag inter-day.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Brewmaster
AG
added 3 charts (links to them) to 3 stocks on the spreadsheet. DPW, EBON and TRIT. take a gander when you all can. The links are at the far right.

here's 2 of them, DPW and below is TRIT

Mostly Foggy Recollection
I'd like to accumulate some more of DNN, DPW and TRIT. If they can hang out a bit longer in the -15 to even range, that would be fantastic.
Chef Elko
AG
Grrrrr I need more cash on hand!
FbgTxAg
AG
I've got em all. LFG!
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
E
AG
Danwell Home said:

Grrrrr I need more cash on hand!

Same. I'm getting fomo on this one
tremble
AG
I think the only thing that puts a slight break on it is regulation. No doubt in my mind it will happen when the loss of power is perceived but BTC is too decentralized for it to work.
turfman80
AG
Proud of my return on MGNI, until I saw today that my remaining net free shares sold at $23 are now above $60...

Oh well, profit is profit.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
PA24
AG
heard we are about due for a 5% correction.

docaggie
AG

It's interesting because they just did an IPO at $10 three weeks ago, and it's leapt up in the last week to almost double that. I can see it being a player in the indoor cannabis growth business, but I'd be curious to know just how much of one. Do they have a moat in this arena, or are they just one of dozens providing this service? Can they show that they can boost yields in a proprietary way? That would be valuable.

Ripster had some info a week ago: ok wait - working on it

Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
the goal is to accumulate wealth by whatever means necessary, not catch the absolute bottom and tops on stocks.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
docaggie said:

It's interesting because they just did an IPO at $10 three weeks ago, and it's leapt up in the last week to almost double that. I can see it being a player in the indoor cannabis growth business, but I'd be curious to know just how much of one. Do they have a moat in this arena, or are they just one of dozens providing this service? Can they show that they can boost yields in a proprietary way? That would be valuable.

Ripster had some info a week ago:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%24AGFY&src=ctag&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">$AGFY</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/tradeidea?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#tradeidea</a> <br>Ok then u all asked for it : Weed Play<br>Added earlier ,wait for dips risk off is 14<br> Cheap Compared to Pears <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%24GRWG&src=ctag&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">$GRWG</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%24HYFM&src=ctag&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">$HYFM</a><br> Increasing revenues,54 Mil Cash, 200MCap, <br> Weed <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/speculation?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#speculation</a> in Biden ERA<br>Research help by @venturside <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ff?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ff</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DD?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#DD</a> below <a href="https://t.co/hKM96RywlC">pic.twitter.com/hKM96RywlC</a></p>— Ripster (@ripster47) <a href="https://twitter.com/ripster47/status/1357029548487970816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 3, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
I'm going to try to do some DD on this one.
docaggie
AG
Fixed it.
I'm intrigued by that
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
leoj
AG
Yes, I saw another tweet mention the low float. On the other hand, if any larger fund takes a stake in it that could start a large move.
Chef Elko
AG
So when do you guys start to scale up positions? When I started, I kept the mindset of becoming net free. So I try to buy 200 shares when possible and 2 options usually. I try to keep my option plays around $500 or less and shares under $2000 total for larger companies, $1000 or so for small caps, and $250-500 for OTC/speculative/pennies. MA stocks can get well over $5k. What kind of % are you guys looking at for each trade relative to total portfolio size?

I've increased my $ limits before and it's so easy to lose what you've previously built in such a short amount of time. I've began to hedge more with SPY and QQQ. How do y'all approach this?
gig em 02
Ubitag said:

Oh no! We might see levels not seen since Monday during pre-market!
backintexas2013
AG
Ubitag said:

People have been saying due for a few weeks now.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Ubitag said:

S&P is above the 8 EMA without a reconnect in several days, volume is also a bit lower.

I'm wondering if we'll have a pit bull low before OPEX.

https://mrtopstep.com/pit-bulls-thursdayfriday-low-week-expiration/

Edit - I think 1-2% dip right now. Any sort of macro dip is probably after OPEX next week.
khaos288
AG
backintexas2013 said:

Ubitag said:

People have been saying due for a few weeks now.

Bears say it in the mirror every morning
FbgTxAg
AG
Ubitag said:

Nothing personal at all - but you are generally pretty bearish and cautious. It's good to have that perspective, and others are also cautious. I think most of us think a correction is due or overdue.

Currently the signals look bullish. Lots of volatility and opportunity. It could change quickly. But I think this keeps running for a week or two at minimum.

But we can never have enough voices of caution.
Talon2DSO
AG
Ubitag said:

So everything goes on sale giving us another buy opportunity? I don't get the issue.
McInnis 03
AG
cptthunder said:

McInnis
Looks Like NAK is making an after hours run with some good volume also

I don't touch nak anymore. I was long when they got shot down by an endangered fish.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG

the goal is to accumulate wealth by whatever means necessary, not catch the absolute bottom and tops on stocks.

Dan says it best. Don't worry about the bun, but let's make sure we eat the hamburger....get the meat.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
ag94whoop
AG
I would love to find a way to discuss this whole fazing of the USD to crypto thing strategy and action plans etc

EngrAg14
AG
FbgTxAg said:

Ubitag said:

Nothing personal at all - but you are generally pretty bearish and cautious. It's good to have that perspective, and others are also cautious. I think most of us think a correction is due or overdue.

Currently the signals look bullish. Lots of volatility and opportunity. It could change quickly. But I think this keeps running for a week or two at minimum.

But we can never have enough voices of caution.

Closer we get to 400 on SPY, the higher it gets.
I expect a pull back then but not beforehand.

Granted a lot of stocks don't have big gaps and most of my favorites don't at all for a long while at least.
FJ43
Danwell Home said:

So when do you guys start to scale up positions? When I started, I kept the mindset of becoming net free. So I try to buy 200 shares when possible and 2 options usually. I try to keep my option plays around $500 or less and shares under $2000 total for larger companies, $1000 or so for small caps, and $250-500 for OTC/speculative/pennies. MA stocks can get well over $5k. What kind of % are you guys looking at for each trade relative to total portfolio size?

I've increased my $ limits before and it's so easy to lose what you've previously built in such a short amount of time. I've began to hedge more with SPY and QQQ. How do y'all approach this?
I am sure you will get various answers here. I personally approach most all trades or positions using position sizing. Percentage of account at risk' (2%, 3%, 5% , etc.) divided by the entry price minus risk level (stop) price. That determines how many shares $ value I buy. I don't say I will risk $5,000 on this trade since that implies I am willing to lose my entire investment. I try my best to hold to my stops (I cover my eyes on options too often).

Now I can't honestly say I do this 100% of the time but at least attempt it as a sound discipline. There are times I have a disproportionate % in a position but only when I have a high degree of confidence there is an opportunity buy level.

I also try and keep a % ratio for stock, options and cash depending on the market sentiment. Here is a position size chart/explanation Ripster posted some time ago.

First Page Last Page
Page 3180 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.