Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,050,789 Views | 231664 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by I bleed maroon
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
59 South said:

Well crap guess I'm gonna have to buy some TRIT now. I'll look for a $7.50-7.75 entry to get things started.
I took a starter today in the high 7s. Will add as we go on all these types. I did like the post about doing this in a ROTH and may look to focus these plays in there.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

0708aggie
AG
LYFT doing work AH's @ $56.81
ClutchCityAg
We have LYFT off!
Let it ride
Dan Scott
AG
The Apple chart looks great for a pop back to the upper end of the trend. The problem is time is running out and Presidents Day doesn't help.

In the last week, the S&P is up 5% while AAPL is up 3% With a beta of 1.3, you would think we'd be up around 141 right now.

The other concern is Adam Mancini says we are near resistance on S&P. So we have that holding back the market some.
BlueTaze
Cathie Wood webcast today for those interested.

Full

Summary from youtuber

leoj
AG
leoj said:

I just got violently shaken out, but check some of the opening positions today for this strike date with no real open interest. Interesting.

I think market makers knew eyes were on the $319 level, get over that and then take it down. I'm keeping an eye on it still but moving out to these unusual weekly strikes, already moving up ah.
backintexas2013
AG
I am hoping AAPL declares they are going into the crypto game.
McInnis 03
AG

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
59 South
AG
FJ43 said:

59 South said:

Well crap guess I'm gonna have to buy some TRIT now. I'll look for a $7.50-7.75 entry to get things started.
I took a starter today in the high 7s. Will add as we go on all these types. I did like the post about doing this in a ROTH and may look to focus these plays in there.

Good idea. I need a good excuse to take some ROKU and NIO profits in my retirement accounts.
Chef Elko
AG
I just try to hit dingers in the ROTH. I feel like I'll save more in tax savings from avoid taxes on gains than I will harvesting losses for write offs.
McInnis 03
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

We have LYFT off!

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
congrats to the brave that held LYFT through earnings. I hope it gaps and goes tomorrow morning.
FJ43
Danwell Home said:

I just try to hit dingers in the ROTH. I feel like I'll save more in tax savings from avoid taxes on gains than I will harvesting losses for write offs.
Yeah I agree, Was looking for some things I can plant in there and not 'manage' as closely as I do my trading accounts. I still have the alerts and manage those but would like to have a few that have a lot of upside over time vs. near term in and out types.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

congrats to the brave that held LYFT through earnings. I hope it gaps and goes tomorrow morning.
I guess I can take all the paper I taped over my monitors off so Mrs. FJ can see now. Hopefully anyway and have learned not to count my chicken before they hatch.

McInnis 03
AG
For you fruit fans.

B&I Key:
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BKLLF is dog crap, by the way.
agdaddy04
AG
FJ43 said:

59 South said:

What would be the reasoning behind this?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
FJ43 said:

I guess I can take all the paper I taped over my monitors off so Mrs. FJ can see now. Hopefully anyway and have learned not to count my chicken before they hatch.
I have been burned so many times on earnings that I just don't hold through earnings. ~80% of earnings run up trades work out. half of that 80% has lost value post ER and 15% have turned to max loss. My lesson has been to take the base hit and walk away.
BrokeAssAggie
cardi b has redefined the acronym VWAP for me.
aggies4life
AG
Cathie wood is big on drones and ai. What are y'all's top picks for these two areas?
Rice and Fries
CrazyRichAggie said:

cardi b has redefined the acronym VWAP for me.
For the olds who don't understand. Youre definitely not going to want to blast this out cause it's pretty crude in the language department. But I'd be lying if I said it doesn't get stuck in your head.

McInnis 03
AG
14 min ago, PJ posts

At the time, CGIX was about $6.30 or so. It touched $9 in the last 3 min. Unreal the amount of sway these guys have.

B&I Key:
FJ43
agdaddy04 said:

FJ43 said:

59 South said:

What would be the reasoning behind this?
I would consider myself a fairly active trader so in that sense it may not make sense. However I like the thought of longer term high potential crypto related plays and those would be something I would buy and hold for long periods. Tax wise it makes sense to do them in a taxable account where I am not trading them frequently. But for me, at least for now, my trading account hardly stays static other than MA plays and money flows in and out

In my IBKR trading account I started Jan 5th with initial funding, a rest on a process/discipline and approach to see how it goes. March 1st will give me 60 days and I will adjust accordingly.

I do use basic options strategies in the ROTH as well that are allowed to help generate lower costs basis and growth to reinvest within the account.

Chances are I will buy shares of these in both types of accounts.

FJ43

FJ43 said:

I have been burned so many times on earnings that I just don't hold through earnings. ~80% of earnings run up trades work out. half of that 80% has lost value post ER and 15% have turned to max loss. My lesson has been to take the base hit and walk away.
Same for me and probably 80% type ratio. I had fully planned to sell what I needed to on the options to be net free and just let those ride. It fell off quick and those went red so said what the heck. Lucky. Nothing but luck.

Won't do it again though..

FJ43

KT 90
AG
Aston04 said:

Tscrf pushed past $4 a share. F yes! Hoping for $10 after Canadian gambling legalization happens.

congrats. I bailed on that one was week or two ago with decent profits when I needed to raise some more cash. Was thinking of getting back in, but may be a little late.

Slappy007
AG

UAMY. Interesting stock here (batter storage play). Major volume bar back in October and another one on Feb 1st. It's made a decent move up over the last few months, but could still be a potential goal post play. Any thoughts from the forum?
Slappy007
AG
Wow, already running.
0708aggie
AG
McInnis 03
AG
You're timing is incredible. Can you give us an extra day next time?

B&I Key:
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

You're timing is incredible. Can you give us an extra day next time?
Wonder if Slappy and Traderstewie are the same person?

0708aggie
AG
These LYFT should open at $5.08 if the price holds.
Spoony Love
AG
I picked this one up yesterday after screening stocks below $5 that had a huge volume that day. Put a couple bucks in at 1.01. I figured the volume yesterday had something behind. Hopefully it keeps going.
Brewmaster
AG
aggies4life said:

Cathie wood is big on drones and ai. What are y'all's top picks for these two areas?
I think OA just added UAVS...he did, here's a crude copy and paste of his tweet:

$UAVS Good move out from the wedge resistance. I see $20+ on trend.

TwitterToday at 3:53 PM

cptthunder
McInnis
Looks Like NAK is making an after hours run with some good volume also
First Page Last Page
Page 3178 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.