Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,050,547 Views | 231663 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by EnronAg
tremble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NVDA is a monster, but too rich for my blood. Their new cards are basically unobtainable due to demand. That's before you throw in the crypto-miners who have added onto already high consumer demand. They simply can't produce enough cards to keep up.
gougler08
AG
aggies4life said:

gougler08 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

gougler08 said:

Continuing the biopharma goal post trend...here's TTNP, which I'll be entering tomorrow morning. Clear support in the $3.10-$3.20 range so my stop loss will be set at $3, but this looks like a great entry point overall

We'll need to check the news on this one. What happened to cause the big volume to start and was there any news to explain why it would pull back? Earnings expectations later this month? If there is nothing concerning and this one just hasn't made it's move yet, this looks like a great find.

Only news I can find is a reverse split on Nov 30 which is the cause for the dip...not really sure what drove the 2 big green bars

2/1/21
Titan Pharmaceuticals Shares Rise 8% on Pruritus Treatment Studies

Good fine, here's the details

https://www.marketwatch.com/press-release/positive-early-study-results-help-pave-wave-for-titan-pharmaceuticals-to-move-forward-with-its-jt-09-proneura-development-program-2021-02-01?mod=mw_quote_news_seemore
FTAG 2000
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

gougler08 said:

Continuing the biopharma goal post trend...here's TTNP, which I'll be entering tomorrow morning. Clear support in the $3.10-$3.20 range so my stop loss will be set at $3, but this looks like a great entry point overall

We'll need to check the news on this one. What happened to cause the big volume to start and was there any news to explain why it would pull back? Earnings expectations later this month? If there is nothing concerning and this one just hasn't made it's move yet, this looks like a great find.
/wsb reddit doing some short squeeze hunting with this one.

Doesn't look like any news and it still has the same sorry corporate leadership that put it in the dump to begin with.

I'd be careful on this one.
Prophet00
AG
Looking at the volume spikes in Nov-Dec, in conjunction with their investor call, they announced an effort to discontinue the alpha product developed for opioid addiction due to limited revenue potential and declining sales and to refocus on a newer drug and process for OUD (opioid use addiction). They acquired the usage of a complementary receptor that should make a big difference in their drug. It's compared to what Cara Therapeutics (CARA) is doing. I think this board was pretty high on them?

They are saying the proof of concept on the new drug goes live Q1 of this year, so could be ready to pop.

Other notes that I read include a restructuring of their executive board, reducing their operating spend and selling off their debt.

Im digging in some more but on the surface looks to have some potential.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Has options, sell feb $5 puts for 3.4-3.5 entry, buy August 5/7.5 spreads for .65 and almost 4x if it hits by then. I'm in!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
If WSB really wants to do a short squeeze, they need to pick a micro cap where they just demolish the opposite side of the trade.
Colt98
AG
Sndl please..
bmks270
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

If WSB really wants to do a short squeeze, they need to pick a micro cap where they just demolish the opposite side of the trade.

WSB has a market cap minimum, and deletes any posts about tickers below that minimum. I think it is 1 billion dollars.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Good grief, could have gotten in on TTNP at $0.11 back in August. That's another stop once I get the time machine running.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
bmks270 said:

WSB has a market cap minimum, and deletes any posts about tickers below that minimum. I think it is 1 billion dollars.

That's probably to give them plausible deniability that they aren't providing a platform for market manipulation. Think what they would do to small caps, either bull or bear.
KY-AG 10
AG
Trying to learn TOS and put in different scans I see folks here use and elsewhere. Hoping someone else could glance at $D and give their thought on the next weeks movement

The daily TTM Squeeze looks like it's ready to start. The 2hour started midday friday and the momentum looks positive for the first time since it hit its highs in November

ETA - I see the earnings call end of week. Unsure how that interacts with ttm squeeze indicator
TexasAg2017
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

bmks270 said:

That's probably to give them plausible deniability that they aren't providing a platform for market manipulation. Think what they would do to small caps, either bull or bear.
At one point they were going to attempt to buy a majority of shares of a small cap but then someone with a brain explained why they shouldn't.
tailgatetimer10
AG
tremble said:

NVDA is a monster, but too rich for my blood. Their new cards are basically unobtainable due to demand. That's before you throw in the crypto-miners who have added onto already high consumer demand. They simply can't produce enough cards to keep up.

Nvda buyers should be buying for ARM. Consumer gpu is chump change in comparison
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$SNDL bullish consolidation, volume still elevated. I didn't draw it, but it in a wedge / bullish symmetrical triangle. I think we'll get resolution on this sooner or later. I have a pretty good share position in this, so I think some continuation will happen. Zack Morris says $2. I don't know, but I think above $1.5 is pretty plausible. You want to see it hold a dollar. They recently completed offerings, have cash etc.

ag94whoop
AG
Can someone remind me of the stock that was doing the clinical trials for a drug for Alzheimer's?
Jet Black
SAVA, I think
gvine07
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Good grief, could have gotten in on TTNP at $0.11 back in August. That's another stop once I get the time machine running.

They did a 1-30 reverse split - down big since august.
FJ43

$SNDL bullish consolidation, volume still elevated. I didn't draw it, but it in a wedge / bullish symmetrical triangle. I think we'll get resolution on this sooner or later. I have a pretty good share position in this, so I think some continuation will happen. Zack Morris says $2. I don't know, but I think above $1.5 is pretty plausible. You want to see it hold a dollar. They recently completed offerings, have cash etc.

This one has been a great one that fits my personal candidates to trade actively. It has moves 20-30% in any given day (early premarket to AH) lately. If someone has the time they can do a lot with this one given volatility. Buying/selling trading shares, selling calls/buying back, same with puts, gaining more net free shares, etc., etc., etc.

I have had a lot of fun with this one and made some decent money on it before any real breakout so far. I plan to rinse and repeat this week again.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
Traderstewie likes ICLN
Kinda like it as well.
Has an options chain.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Bob Knights Paper Hands
If you look at the SPY on a monthly chart, the covid crash looks like nothing but the somewhat typical 1Q pullback, except for that long tail on March. I just found that interesting since to me that seemed like a massive once a few decades crash.

That makes me feel both better and worse at the same time.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I post $NVDA every week it feels like, still in a squeeze. You must watch for volume. I don't know why I missed it, but this is trading in a really clean box. I think there are good premium opportunities selling put credit spreads at the bottoms (89 EMA touches), and riskier selling call credit spreads at the top. you could buy put debits at tops, call debits at bottoms as well. My bias would be up rather than down. This has been in a squeeze since 11/8 and their products have incredible demand. The amount of energy this has built up is amazing. Over 560/580 for confirmation this will fly.

If this pushes past 560, I will probably enter a 560/580 vertical. 550/580/610 butterflies could be good. Again, watch for volume.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
same here. I am probably going to sell the weekly $1.50s again
Philip J Fry
AG
Still new at the technical stuff, but is that a head and shoulders developing for NIO?

Madmarttigan
AG
Would be most inclined to say it's been in a symmetrical triangle for a few weeks that could break either way.
Formerly tv1113
Ragoo
AG

I post $NVDA every week it feels like, still in a squeeze. You must watch for volume. I don't know why I missed it, but this is trading in a really clean box. I think there are good premium opportunities selling put credit spreads at the bottoms (89 EMA touches), and riskier selling call credit spreads at the top. you could buy put debits at tops, call debits at bottoms as well. My bias would be up rather than down. This has been in a squeeze since 11/8 and their products have incredible demand. The amount of energy this has built up is amazing. Over 560/580 for confirmation this will fly.

If this pushes past 560, I will probably enter a 560/580 vertical. 550/580/610 butterflies could be good. Again, watch for volume.

I mentioned selling the call spread Wednesday or Thursday. I didn't do it but mentioned it as a potential play for someone.

That is the trouble with the thread, easy to miss something.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Atlas stocks are:

• SNDL - we're all in
  • KERN - I am in with buy writes
  • ZYNE - not in, I try not to chase, but this could keep going. Feb 19 $5P going for $0.80 and March $5P going for $1.4. $3.5 range is a stable base to own from, so you could do that. Buy-write could be a good strategy. March $5C going for $1.85. So you either get $1.75 in profit or you own for $3.20.
  • CLOV
  • FUBO
  • CTRM
  • WWR
  • VISL - chart actually looks pretty good on this, no options, so probably a pass
  • IGC - I don't know what this is, but the technicals look solid
  • HOFV - extended, low probability

Edit: I'm writing down Zyne for buy-writes tomorrow.
Ragoo
AG
Watching for this week:
NIO
CHWY
RUN
ROKU
AAPL

Edit targeting call spreads for all out 2 weeks or more.
TexasAg2017
AG
FJ43 said:

This one has been a great one that fits my personal candidates to trade actively. It has moves 20-30% in any given day (early premarket to AH) lately. If someone has the time they can do a lot with this one given volatility. Buying/selling trading shares, selling calls/buying back, same with puts, gaining more net free shares, etc., etc., etc.

I have had a lot of fun with this one and made some decent money on it before any real breakout so far. I plan to rinse and repeat this week again.
I have been setting my alarm to watch this one when PM opens. Crazy how much it can swing in those few hours.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
here are stock dweebs picks. Confluence with many of our own. This guy is pretty good at finding winners.

https://t.co/3fXOhQrhaF?amp=1

Brewmaster
AG

yes! what Colt said. SNDL could bounce off the stratosphere. I know it's on the Atlas guys radar. Schumer talking up MJ legislation helps.
Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

Amen! SNDL is the "teach them to fish" practice CC's stock. What a great one for that and like 30 said, should get a nice bump soon. Maybe a spike towards 2, pullback to 1.50's.
Colt98
AG
Actually sndl has me most excited about this weeks trading. Working it like FJ has been very educational and fun. Up until a few weeks ago I had never sold a naked put. So combining this with CC to lower cost and getting to net free faster has been fun.
FTAG 2000
AG
Speaking of call trading...

Could someone put together a quick list of actoins and when to use?

i.e.:

Sell to Open
Sell to Close
Buy to Open
Buy to Close

When to use what with respect to puts and calls.

Spoony Love
AG
When stock dweebs says to buy Luminar $34, $33, & $32, what are they saying?

Also, when they say cut losses price goes below red line, also what does that mean.
Colt98
AG
AG 2000' said:

Speaking of call trading...

Could someone put together a quick list of actoins and when to use?

i.e.:

Sell to Open - Cover calls & naked puts
Sell to Close - Selling calls and puts you bought
Buy to Open - Buying calls and puts
Buy to Close Buying back your cc and naked puts

When to use what with respect to puts and calls.

First Page Last Page
Page 3134 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.