Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,050,690 Views | 231663 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by EnronAg
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
me too. I did a buy write - bought $42, sold $50.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
thank you. I don't have to make the decision anytime soon. It's on my mind, though.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I also forgot to update $SQ.

I sold 02/12 $250C against my 02/19 $225C options. My plan is to exit this trade if SQ is $250 or less on Friday, but may leave a runner. If $SQ goes past $250, I will roll $250C to 02/19 $270C and take it into expiration.
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

$CLOV - kind of interesting to see a gravestone doji followed by a bullish hammer with volume. This is in a daily squeeze, and it's oversold. I went a little overboard with selling puts on this on Friday. YOLO

I'm not worried about the stock. I'm only worried I didn't buy enough shares when I had the chance or sell enough puts.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Brewmaster
AG

she's about to RUN!
zag213004
AG

zwhag2010 said:

Penny for your thoughts on CWH. Completed cup last week before meme stock fiasco, stock came down but has bounced back to the top of the 40 cup. Do you see this pushing for that 45 or higher in the near term. With earnings coming up I wonder if that will push it higher but the rsi shows it right at the over bought line (>70 right?)
$CWH has positive momentum. I think the weekly is the best chart. Look at this bull flag breakout. It is classic! I think it's quite plausible for this to go to $45 and beyond. There will be tough resistance at $47.5 area. The fundamentals on this business are good and I don't see any reason to get out of it if you own shares (although going net free or taking profits is always good). CWH is difficult to trade options in, with the exception of selling premium. I sold some feb 19 $45C against part of my shares. Assuming I don't get called out, I will do the same with March $55.

Thanks for your insight on this. It's helpful in my strategy. I am looking to go net free so the mid 40s would certainly get there
Bob Knights Paper Hands
FJ43 said:

$CLOV - kind of interesting to see a gravestone doji followed by a bullish hammer with volume. This is in a daily squeeze, and it's oversold. I went a little overboard with selling puts on this on Friday. YOLO

I'm not worried about the stock. I'm only worried I didn't buy enough shares when I had the chance or sell enough puts.

I liquidated my BFT and XL Friday to dump more into CLOV calls. Lots of eggs in one basket.
Cartographer
Late Saturday goalpost alert:

MREO

ag94whoop
AG
I was trying to find somewhere I thought OA posted about RUN but couldn't find it. Am I incorrect?
krosch11
AG

Madmarttigan
AG
that is a very large left goal post but got to see where it bleeds off to
Formerly tv1113
jj9000
AG

I think this is it for OA's picks?

Madmarttigan
AG
In my perfect world mgni hits 60 tomorrow which frees up capital to throw at clov
Formerly tv1113
Ragoo
AG
Back to the question about taxes. If you are trading in a taxable account and worried about taxes I would make sure you are fully funding your pre-tax retirement. This will further reduce your AGI.
gougler08
AG
Found CNSP this morning...goal posts and looks to have completed a big cup on the daily. If I can get it below $3 I'm going to hop in

gougler08
AG
panduh bear said:

Late Saturday goalpost alert:

MREO

On the daily, still has room to do the downside until it fills that gap at $2.26
gougler08
AG
Continuing the biopharma goal post trend...here's TTNP, which I'll be entering tomorrow morning. Clear support in the $3.10-$3.20 range so my stop loss will be set at $3, but this looks like a great entry point overall

Madmarttigan
AG
gougler08 said:

Continuing the biopharma goal post trend...here's TTNP, which I'll be entering tomorrow morning. Clear support in the $3.10-$3.20 range so my stop loss will be set at $3, but this looks like a great entry point overall

Looks like the best goal post entry I've seen posted this weekend but I'm no expert. Could be an example of a clearing out day as well that OA mentioned in seminar. Either way I like it
Formerly tv1113
gougler08
AG
Looks like too late to do much with, but everyone loves to see a Model T in action on this forum so here's CLSN on the daily

Brewmaster
AG
gougler08 said:

Yeah fantastic find! I'll enter Monday and do more DD on it, lots of juicy gaps upward to fill (and curling upward in a big rounded bottom)
irish pete ag06
AG
Curious to see if I am the only one in KMPH? They are making a new medication for ADHD with March 2 being a date for potential for a PDUFA.

The chart is a real mess with a 1-16 reverse split back in December. Some definite interesting volume starting to happen I am guessing in anticipation that they may be approved.

OutlawAG04
Bob Knights Liver said:

FJ43 said:

I liquidated my BFT and XL Friday to dump more into CLOV calls. Lots of eggs in one basket.

What CLOV calls did you go with? Was hanging on my feb $17.50s but probably need to roll those at this point.
FJ43
Love seeing all these potential plays being shared. Everyone do their own analysis and DD but nice to see power in numbers hunting for opportunities.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

leoj
AG
This looks like a interesting setup

spud1910
AG

$CRMD

This stock is one I have had a small amount in for more than a year. They have a product in Phase 3 trials (Defencath) that is supposed to help with infections in catheters. Not much debt, but not expected to be profitable until 2022. Feb. 28th is supposed to be a big announcement and the stock went from under $9 last week to as high as $17 this week. It also went from the NYSE to NASDAQ and price target by one analyst went from $20 to $35. I am wondering if the big spike is due to a high suspicion of good news. So, with all that is going on, is technical analysis still key or does the potential news take over?
KT 90
AG
FJ43 said:

Love seeing all these potential plays being shared. Everyone do their own analysis and DD but nice to see power in numbers hunting for opportunities.

Yes, it can make keeping FOMO under wraps a challenge!

But keep them coming.
FTAG 2000
AG
I'm working my way from the beginning of the thread, but is there guidance on hedging on your individual stocks? Stop loss type stuff, but recommended percentages, etc.?

TIA.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
gougler08 said:

We'll need to check the news on this one. What happened to cause the big volume to start and was there any news to explain why it would pull back? Earnings expectations later this month? If there is nothing concerning and this one just hasn't made it's move yet, this looks like a great find.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
AG 2000' said:

I'm working my way from the beginning of the thread, but is there guidance on hedging on your individual stocks? Stop loss type stuff, but recommended percentages, etc.?

TIA.

Stop losses vary by how much volatility the stock has. You don't want to set too low and lose capital if the trade goes against you but you don't want to get stopped out before the move happens. Stop losses and limits are really tough right now with a lot of stop raids.
leoj
AG
One more that I'll post later because I'm going to try and start getting on my desktop and doing more chart stuff, but $COMM is 5g and communications infrastructure, coming out of a year long bottom and breaking out to 52wk highs
leoj
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

AG 2000' said:

TIA.

Stop losses vary by how much volatility the stock has. You don't want to set too low and lose capital if the trade goes against you but you don't want to get stopped out before the move happens. Stop losses and limits are really tough right now with a lot of stop raids.

This. Also depends on your goal and the type of stock. Do you want to get stopped out of a blue chip like $AMZN or $aapl if you're wanting to hold for the next 5-10 years no matter what? No.

Do you want to get stopped out of the accumulation plays? No, more like add on the dip, sell puts and covered calls to lower your basis.

I think stops are best for short term or swing trades, where you have a certain price target based on a set up and then you should know if the trade goes against you, at what point is it that you know the trade has failed? Are you taking it on a bounce on the 8/21ema but then it loses it on above average volume? Just stuff like that are things to consider.

Also can be helpful if you just can't keep your eyes on your positions and trades frequently.

I left a ton of gains on the table last year trying to nickle and dime growth stocks that I had high conviction in for the long term.
leoj
AG
One to keep an eye on and alerts in either direction

gougler08
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

gougler08 said:

We'll need to check the news on this one. What happened to cause the big volume to start and was there any news to explain why it would pull back? Earnings expectations later this month? If there is nothing concerning and this one just hasn't made it's move yet, this looks like a great find.

Only news I can find is a reverse split on Nov 30 which is the cause for the dip...not really sure what drove the 2 big green bars
TexasAg2017
AG
Going over my account and looking at moves for the next week when I realized I may have went a little heavy on those AAPL Feb 19. FOMO got to me.
aggies4life
AG
gougler08 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

gougler08 said:

Only news I can find is a reverse split on Nov 30 which is the cause for the dip...not really sure what drove the 2 big green bars

2/1/21
Titan Pharmaceuticals Shares Rise 8% on Pruritus Treatment Studies
First Page Last Page
Page 3133 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.