Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,054,517 Views | 231689 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$BFT. Bill Foley is a winner. This chart looks great, momentum is beginning to shift positively. Hopefully it takes off on Monday with the crypto's doing well today. I like this one better than NLS.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$AAPL. Solid bullish harami cross reversal. two closes in a row above the 8 EMA, and Apple never went below it on Friday. RSI has returned to neutral. I try not to jinx myself with being too positive. I'm targeting 145+. I want to hear OA's target on this!

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$LYFT

Run into earnings. I personally probably want to be out before earnings. This is really far above the 8 DEMA. momentum positive, not overbought.

Earnings are 2/9 post market.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$RUN.

This reverted to its mean, strong evidence of reversal. Daily squeeze, target $85 for me.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think this is it for OA's picks?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$CLOV - kind of interesting to see a gravestone doji followed by a bullish hammer with volume. This is in a daily squeeze, and it's oversold. I went a little overboard with selling puts on this on Friday. YOLO

BrokeAssAggie
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I think this is it for OA's picks?

INAQ??
Mostly Foggy Recollection
A lot of people on the 145/160s. Time frame for 145 could be next week or two, as a move through 138 will send us to that high.

I think the top end is 170, but I'm not confident in that (in the near term) due to the feeling we are at or near highs.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
stuff i'm not going to chart, but you guys can look at for yourselves:

• RIO - recommend put credit spreads or buy-write
  • SAND - got the guts to call a reversal in gold? Look for 8/21 cross for a clean entry, confirmed reversal with close above 6.60
  • TSLA - daily squeeze, declining volume, probably needs to consolidate. You could sell premium on this.
  • TSM - bullish consolidation, daily squeeze. If playing calls, recommend entering further out.
  • TMO - look for server over 503. Probably easy money to sell put credit spreads on reversal confirmation
  • MCD - could be beginning of new uptrend. Target 225. I am not going to trade
  • SNOW - I've been snakebitten by this and never made a profit trading it. Daily squeeze, moving averages beginning to stack positive. Maybe the 5th time is a charm for me?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
thanks, standby.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$INAQ - in theory, this had a bearish reversal on Thursday (close below low of high bar). If this can clear $18.65, we are off to the races. Overall pattern still bullish, momentum shifting positive. Worth hanging onto for a couple days.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$UPS, this looks great. Daily squeeze, post earnings. Hopefully I'm not too late on getting an entry. Target $175.

Edit: this is a riskier play.
A few popular plays in this forum

CPDAggie10
AG

agdaddy04 said:

Oh okay. I've just never had to pay quarterly before.

Interesting about the long term and 1099-DIV. is that because most of the trades you're posting on here are in retirement accounts?

The majority of my money is in a taxable managed account that I don't touch very often. My trading accounts are taxable. I do not trade my IRAs / 401Ks, mostly because I don't have bandwidth to do it all.

For context, in 2019, the overwhelming majority of option trades I did were buy writes, covered calls, and collars. I spent 200 nights on the road that year and was not able to monitor riskier trades intra day. I'd find opportunities, set limit orders, and try to check when I could. You obviously aren't going to open active trader pro on an airplane if you value security. Selling premium was a good strategy in 2019, by the way.

2020 and 2021 have been a unique opportunity for me where I can monitor the market most of the day or I can action an alert I set right away. I can also be on discord or use Twitter. When life goes back to normal, I will not be able to be as active because most of my day will be spent in BS meetings in conference rooms that could be handled over an email or on the road for face time with customers and colleagues. In normal life, I don't even look at a computer most of the work day.

I have a big decision to make around whether or not to walk away from a great corporate career to be a full time trader. I am worried I will lose my mental edge if suddenly most of my income has to come from trading.

I am approaching the same situation. I don't know what to do when we go back to the office. Fortunately, that is now until at least May for us.
Philip J Fry
AG
NGD looks like it's near a reversal soon. Plan on buying some shares Monday
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$BIDU - elevated volume, cleared cup. I am somewhat concerned the move is extended / over, but this could go on. No real short interest. Watch for pullback to 8 EMA for entry.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$PLTR. Earnings in a couple of weeks, touched the 21 EMA, beginning to trend up again.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
will respond similarly to $SAND and $GOLD.
BrokeAssAggie
I think XL pops soon too. I'm not at a PC to post charts.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$ABNB could hit $210-$215. Remember IPO tickers sort of move on their own independent of everything else.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Silver was a letdown this week, but this is still a bullish pattern. This is the daily, but recommend everyone look at the weekly also.

Ragoo
AG

$RUN.

This reverted to its mean, strong evidence of reversal. Daily squeeze, target $85 for me.

$85 is a model t. I like it
LarryL

$UPS, this looks great. Daily squeeze, post earnings. Hopefully I'm not too late on getting an entry. Target $175.

Edit: this is a riskier play.

I was looking at this one. Do you think the March 175 calls for 1.80 would be a good play here?
Ornithopter
AG
Thanks 30k! Good posting
ag94whoop
AG
Saturday Thoughts from a noob swing trader (stock only, I don't trade options yet)

CLOV was definitely a target of a hit piece. Lawsuits imo are just typical people chasing someone to blame and attorneys chasing money.

Imo, going off charts as best I am capable, and listening to the much smarter guys on here and other places, I think CLOV, BFT, and XL are all popping starting next week and some possibly with massive gains going into March

I'm hoping to see ONTX recover that high from this past week (I bought that one too high on a misread) so I can exit and put that capital to use elsewhere.

also hoping to see a dip back close to $1 for SNDL (or at least close to $1.05) so I can add a little more stock to my position

I bought a little of KIQ and it looks good.

Trying to decide if I want to play in the Lithium world like LAC, ABML, or BMIX.

Obviously watching CCIV closely for a major dip after the rumors are confirmed cause that recovery may be huge

Wondering if WKHS has established a new support and want to find out more about its short term expectations

Lastly I need to dig more into these finbiz plays some of y'all are mentioning

Oh, and Ags kicked ass in closing out the recruiting cycle!
Whoop and gigem
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I don't do OTM options often because of theta decay. If you believe it will run, this could be a good hit for you.
Ornithopter
AG
Ragoo said:

$RUN.

The option chain certainly thinks it gets back to $85 near term as well. I think it's a solid play.

March 19 $75 calls cost $9.9, which implies an $85 target too.
Ragoo
AG
DubFalls said:

Ragoo said:

$RUN.

The option chain certainly thinks it gets back to $85 near term as well. I think it's a solid play.

which is why I would buy the call spread buy $75c sell $85c
FJ43

agdaddy04 said:

Oh okay. I've just never had to pay quarterly before.

Interesting about the long term and 1099-DIV. is that because most of the trades you're posting on here are in retirement accounts?

The majority of my money is in a taxable managed account that I don't touch very often. My trading accounts are taxable. I do not trade my IRAs / 401Ks, mostly because I don't have bandwidth to do it all.

For context, in 2019, the overwhelming majority of option trades I did were buy writes, covered calls, and collars. I spent 200 nights on the road that year and was not able to monitor riskier trades intra day. I'd find opportunities, set limit orders, and try to check when I could. You obviously aren't going to open active trader pro on an airplane if you value security. Selling premium was a good strategy in 2019, by the way.

2020 and 2021 have been a unique opportunity for me where I can monitor the market most of the day or I can action an alert I set right away. I can also be on discord or use Twitter. When life goes back to normal, I will not be able to be as active because most of my day will be spent in BS meetings in conference rooms that could be handled over an email or on the road for face time with customers and colleagues. In normal life, I don't even look at a computer most of the work day.

I have a big decision to make around whether or not to walk away from a great corporate career to be a full time trader. I am worried I will lose my mental edge if suddenly most of my income has to come from trading.

You're good at it and have put in the time to gain the knowledge and skill sets. Just be the same disciplined person you are. I'm always impressed with your knowledge and ability to look past first base.

If anyone can make the jump you can in my opinion. But yes big decision. Will keep you and this decision on my prayer list.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Ornithopter
AG
Ragoo said:

DubFalls said:

Ragoo said:

$RUN.

So, I've never done a call spread. Could you clarify a couple things?

- the main idea is to pull the cost of the options down by offsetting the premium with the short option, right?
- what do exit strategies look like? If it gets to $85 just close both?
Ragoo
AG
DubFalls said:

Ragoo said:

DubFalls said:

Ragoo said:

$RUN.

So, I've never done a call spread. Could you clarify a couple things?

- the main idea is to pull the cost of the options down by offsetting the premium with the short option, right?
- what do exit strategies look like? If it gets to $85 just close both?
correct
Depending on how it moves and how quickly, I may put in a good til cancelled order for 2x purchase price and leave it alone. Or just put the spread on and let it run to expiration.
mazag08
AG
kyle field 94 said:

mazag08 said:

gougler08 said:

mazag08 said:

Has anyone followed MMP?

Sitting at $40.59, $7 below it's lowest analyst price target.

Pays a dividend of $1.0275 quarterly.. roughly 10% cash on cash at this price. And while options chain is meh, you could sell July $52.5 call for $0.50.

Granted, 4th quarter earnings were down from 2019 due to Covid and oil being down in 2020. So some risk if they don't get back to pre-Covid levels. But if they do, the dividend will likely go even higher.

I'm watching this one. Need to do more research.

Chart looks good if it holds above $40, may be a good play for my 401k with the dividend + still some upside if it can get to pre-Covid numbers at some point

Yeah this would be an IRA play for me.

Be very careful with MLPs in ira's as they can have UBTI tax issues since the mlp distributions are not taxed but instead reduce your tax basis in the asset.

Seeing as I work for a GP of multifamily assets, I'm pretty well versed on the taxing structure. But I hadn't taken this into account for this company. Essentially, it seems it would be wise if I were to invest in it to not sell covered calls as my taxes on dividends (return of capital in this sense) are tax deferred. Am I thinking of this correctly?
zag213004
AG
Penny for your thoughts on CWH. Completed cup last week before meme stock fiasco, stock came down but has bounced back to the top of the 40 cup. Do you see this pushing for that 45 or higher in the near term. With earnings coming up I wonder if that will push it higher but the rsi shows it right at the over bought line (>70 right?)
Really like QS here. Looking at a position Monday.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
zwhag2010 said:

Penny for your thoughts on CWH. Completed cup last week before meme stock fiasco, stock came down but has bounced back to the top of the 40 cup. Do you see this pushing for that 45 or higher in the near term. With earnings coming up I wonder if that will push it higher but the rsi shows it right at the over bought line (>70 right?)
$CWH has positive momentum. I think the weekly is the best chart. Look at this bull flag breakout. It is classic! I think it's quite plausible for this to go to $45 and beyond. There will be tough resistance at $47.5 area. The fundamentals on this business are good and I don't see any reason to get out of it if you own shares (although going net free or taking profits is always good). CWH is difficult to trade options in, with the exception of selling premium. I sold some feb 19 $45C against part of my shares. Assuming I don't get called out, I will do the same with March $55.

First Page Last Page
Page 3132 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.