Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,056,371 Views | 231697 Replies | Last: 23 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
leoj said:

backintexas2013 said:

BTC running.

$MARA should help me out on Monday then
yep, love selling cc's on this one when she runs
OE_Ag11
AG
For some of my longterm just sit and let grow I took out a bunch of my lower performing funds and replaced them with arkk, arkg, arkf and arkq. I bought them this last tuesday but they were all up 1.3 to 5pct since then. So really not too bad. Matched or outperformed the market for the most part this week SPY in that same time was up about 1.6pct if I got the numbers right looking quickly.

Also if you look at it. PRNT isn't an actively managed etf like the others I didn't think.
agdaddy04
AG
Anyone done much with Varex (VREX)? They're a customer of ours and keep us busy but they don't seem to show good earnings. Noticed it kind of spiked this week.
leoj
AG
I think another stock worth checking out is $CURI, they do documentary and factual type content. Recently offered a round at $13.50 just yesterday and you can look at the chart for the reaction, it got absorbed like nothing and then bounced 12% today which makes me really interested.
Post removed:
by user
backintexas2013
AG
BREwmaster said:

leoj said:

backintexas2013 said:

BTC running.

$MARA should help me out on Monday then
yep, love selling cc's on this one when she runs

Yep. Selling weeklies for it and RIOT have been very beneficial. Also if it dips selling weekly puts.
Madmarttigan
AG
I would just like to point out a few oil and gas pennies. OA mentioned REI but other interesting ones on the screener are AXAS and ENSV.

I think they are interesting plus because if you look at the COVID daily cases it has been dropping dramatically. I'm sure the news is still spouting off the end of the world, but things are decreasing dramatically.

Could get interesting for some energy names soon.
Formerly tv1113
Engine10
AG
I've got a 10-15% portion of funds in ARKK - flipping weeklies or monthlies on it depending on performance. Yielding 1-2% on the premium if not called, 4-6% if called. Do that 25-30 times a year assuming ARKK doesn't totally tank, not a bad way to earn a living.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Best way to trade. Find a sweet spot and sell the heck out of premium.
McKinney Ag69
AG
This thread has become completely overwhelming. I grab lunch, or get occupied at work for a few hours and there's 300 posts to sift through. Staff, is there any way to make OldArmy1 or a few other peoples posts appear green like the staff posts in recruiting?
agdaddy04
AG
Engine10 said:

I've got a 10-15% portion of funds in ARKK - flipping weeklies or monthlies on it depending on performance. Yielding 1-2% on the premium if not called, 4-6% if called. Do that 25-30 times a year assuming ARKK doesn't totally tank, not a bad way to earn a living.

This is the kind of thing I need to understand better. Is that type of information covered in OA's seminar?
leoj
AG
YNWA_AG
AG
Challenger 17 said:

This thread has become completely overwhelming. I grab lunch, or get occupied at work for a few hours and there's 300 posts to sift through. Staff, is there any way to make OldArmy1 or a few other peoples posts appear green like the staff posts in recruiting?

Bookmark his profile for now
Guitarsoup
AG
Challenger 17 said:

I didn't look at it for 2 days while waiting on my transfer out of RH and it had like 2002 post.
Engine10
AG
Will likely be covered in the second/option session. It's a short term version of Covered Calls. Buy 100 shares of something, sell 1 Call contract against those shares. All there is to it!
kyledr04
AG
Will be interested in buying some ARKX when it is listed in a month or two.
McInnis 03
AG
Btc back to 40k
Ragoo
AG
Figured out how to TTM Squeeze scan on TOS desktop and then convert that scan to a watchlist.
Engine10
AG
Ragoo said:

Figured out how to TTM Squeeze scan on TOS desktop and then convert that scan to a watchlist.

Oh nice! Can you post here or in the TOS thread? That's really handy
Ragoo
AG
Engine10 said:

Ragoo said:

Oh nice! Can you post here or in the TOS thread? That's really handy
on my bike right now, will try and share the scan later.
LarryL
McInnis 03 said:

Btc back to 40k
Looking at sticking a little in BTC, is Coinbase the best place for trading it?
agdaddy04
AG
I guess what I'd like to know is how to pick which time period and when to do it. As in, what to look for to have decent chance of success.
HelloUncleNateFitch
StrawberryFields said:

McInnis 03 said:

Btc back to 40k
Looking at sticking a little in BTC, is Coinbase the best place for trading it?

You'll get various opinions on best place, but it's a super user friendly place.
Decay
AG
Only place more user friendly is RobinHood...
Madmarttigan
AG
Already deleted Robinhood never using that garbage again
Formerly tv1113
leoj
AG

Time to consider some Mar or Apr calls?
Philip J Fry
AG
I'm hoping for one heck of a model T on BTC before I jump in.
Thundergon
tv1113 said:

Already deleted Robinhood never using that garbage again

I received an email from Robinhood yesterday stating they would match up to 5% (max of $150) of any deposit I made thru Feb 19th. I also noticed on Friday apparently they allow 0 DTE trades now. Interesting, that tells me they are trying everything they can to keep people from leaving.
Guitarsoup
AG
TDA question:

Can I create a Roth IRA for my wife, but link it so I can trade in it under my account?
LarryL
Guitarsoup said:

TDA question:

Can I create a Roth IRA for my wife, but link it so I can trade in it under my account?
Yes, you can link multiple accounts together. I've done this with several of ours. Just look for the "Link/Add Acct" button on the main landing page when you logon.

Guitarsoup
AG
StrawberryFields said:

Guitarsoup said:

TDA question:

Yes, you can link multiple accounts together. I've done this with several of ours. Just look for the "Link/Add Acct" button on the main landing page when you logon.

Thanks. When you link them, you can have privileges to trade/manage in that account? You aren't just able to see it, right?
LarryL
Guitarsoup said:

StrawberryFields said:

Guitarsoup said:

TDA question:

Thanks. When you link them, you can have privileges to trade/manage in that account? You aren't just able to see it, right?
Yes, I only have one logon to trade/manage all the accounts. You also have access to them in Thinkorswim if you're using that platform.
Guitarsoup
AG
StrawberryFields said:

Guitarsoup said:

StrawberryFields said:

Guitarsoup said:

TDA question:

Yes, I only have one logon to trade/manage all the accounts. You also have access to them in Thinkorswim if you're using that platform.
Perfect! That's exactly what I want to do.
mazag08
AG
Has anyone followed MMP?

Sitting at $40.59, $7 below it's lowest analyst price target.

Pays a dividend of $1.0275 quarterly.. roughly 10% cash on cash at this price. And while options chain is meh, you could sell July $52.5 call for $0.50.

Granted, 4th quarter earnings were down from 2019 due to Covid and oil being down in 2020. So some risk if they don't get back to pre-Covid levels. But if they do, the dividend will likely go even higher.

I'm watching this one. Need to do more research.
gougler08
AG
mazag08 said:

Has anyone followed MMP?

Sitting at $40.59, $7 below it's lowest analyst price target.

Pays a dividend of $1.0275 quarterly.. roughly 10% cash on cash at this price. And while options chain is meh, you could sell July $52.5 call for $0.50.

Granted, 4th quarter earnings were down from 2019 due to Covid and oil being down in 2020. So some risk if they don't get back to pre-Covid levels. But if they do, the dividend will likely go even higher.

I'm watching this one. Need to do more research.

Chart looks good if it holds above $40, may be a good play for my 401k with the dividend + still some upside if it can get to pre-Covid numbers at some point
First Page Last Page
Page 3129 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.