Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,078,694 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by El_duderino
Mostly Foggy Recollection
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You are correct sir.
FJ43
When AAPL rips to $145 next week we will all be whistling Dixie.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

BrokeAssAggie
come on AAPL

David_Puddy
AG
FJ43 said:

David_Puddy said:

David_Puddy said:

Might be a dumb question, so please forgive me if so but I've never really done any options trading before.

So I bought in on CCIV after doing some DD and reading some correlations with executives on this potential LUCID merger. My entry price was $15.30. It's now sitting at over $34 right now and if this merger does go through it should make a nice move from there. What is my best strategy to hedge some of it? Sell a portion? Put options?

I understand the risk of investing in a SPAC, and I know that if this deal doesn't go through this stock will plummet. I've got a stop loss set at $27 but if they make an announcement that it's off the table during non market hours, that isn't going to matter (since I don't have the capability of trading after hours or during pre market). Any helpful advice/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Anybody? I just got approved for after market trading so I've decided to keep my stop loss on during market hours and have a price alert set a few dollars above my stop loss in case any bad news breaks after hours so I can quickly sell,
After hours can often take large swings and flashes down but only to go back up. If you can react to alerts that is better but still have a mental stop you tap out.

That being said if you are playing rumor of merger and that is built into this run up and doesn't happen that can be risky. Maybe go net free here on half your shares. Just a thought anyway.

I decided to take profits on 25% of my shares.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Once 138 is passed and holds you may trade pants-less the rest of the week. Maybe even in public.
BrokeAssAggie
FJ43 said:

Post removed:
by user
0708aggie
AG
Spudman
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Once 138 is passed and holds you may trade pants-less the rest of the week. Maybe even in public.
Would be nice. Lately it's more like a game of "whack-a-mole" with AAPL.
Cloud
I'm up 56 cents today, *****es.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I want to sell my short calls on SQ, and man, these things are STILL holding premium.
Spudman
AG
Don't jinx it
MROD92
SYN??
tsuag10
AG
FJ43 said:

Don't tease me....
tsuag10
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

come on AAPL

One of my favorite movie scenes of all time.
Post removed:
by user
mazag08
AG
Part of me wishes CLOV would dip below 11.50 and id be put a bunch of shares.

The other part of me wants it to rip up to $15 and hold steady through Feb19 expiration.
mc_shipman
$GILD. Went ahead and cashed in on my Feb. 19 65c's on that run up, so it'll probably explode into next week. Basically tripled up, so I can't complain too much.
Touchless
AG
McInnis 03 said:

So I just quickly skimmed my P/L statement since inception. I think I'm going to stop coming up with ideas. Out of all my winners, my ideas were only about 4. EVERYTHING else came from someone else on this board, mostly OA obviously.

ALL of my losers were my ideas.

I'm done. I'm lurking now.
Huh...interesting. Maybe we're not so different after all!! I kid I kid. Although your statement really is pretty damn accurate when it comes to my accounts successes and failures.
HelloUncleNateFitch
Here comes CLOV
FJ43
CLOV 1M volume spike on 1 Min
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

fooz
FJ43
UncleNateFitch said:

Here comes CLOV
Did someone report it was all #FAKENEWS or what?

McInnis 03
AG
Chamath twweeted, clov running
K-Bob
AG
Red to Greeeeen
Spudman
AG
FJ43 said:

UncleNateFitch said:

Here comes CLOV
Did someone report it was all #FAKENEWS or what?
Chamath speaketh
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

Chamath twweeted, clov running
Twitter (or the reach I should say) is a powerful and dangerous tool.

txaggie_08
AG
Holy **** Clov
BrokeAssAggie
mazag08 said:

Part of me wishes CLOV would dip below 11.50 and id be put a bunch of shares.

The other part of me wants it to rip up to $15 and hold steady through Feb19 expiration.
v
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Fill that gap back up CLOV! We want $13.80
FJ43
Any chance Chamath would tweet something cool about AAPL?

Asking for a friend.

arrow
AG
My head is spinning switching from Ally Invest to IBKR today! I'm going to have to spend some time on the TWS setup thread this weekend...
Topher17
AG
For you guys who have just been getting into active trading for the last year or so, how many positions do you tend to hold at a time?

I have always been a set and forget investor with funds/ETFs in my retirement accounts, but have started actively trading in my taxable account, having learned a ton from this thread over the last several months. With that said, there are so many different things thrown around here, I obviously can't get in them all. I try to do my own DD and figure out what I want to hop in, but curious how many positions some of you other non-whales tend to hold at one time?
Spudman
ag94whoop
AG
CLOV WANTS to shoot back up but keeps struggling.
First Page Last Page
Page 3124 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.