Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,083,277 Views | 231801 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Post removed:
by user
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What CC's are you guys on for SNDL?

I went ahead and bought back my $0.50 calls and want to roll that into a higher strike. I do have 2/19 $1.5c sold on about 30% of shares, and 3/19 $2c sold on about 5% of shares.
FTAG 2000
AG
Can we talk covered calls strategy a bit?

I've got some 2/19 $15 covered calls on MVIS. If that price starts to rise (say it runs up to $11-12 over the next week), are the call options going to go up in price or down?

And if I don't want to get called out, what should the strategy be with those contracts?

CPDAggie10
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

It's not a buy and hold ETF that many older generations love.

It's something you buy when markets are at or near tops, and when there are corrections, your plans are to sell and buy back lower.

I buy shares and then sell the hell out of premium on it so I'm usually in UVXY, but I'm always lowering my cost basis. Last swing (50% from 10 to 15) my cost basis was 8.30 because of selling puts and calls over a long range.

If you don't plan on selling premium, this isn't a bad time to buy it, but understand you may be upside down through the rest of Q1 if we don't have a healthy correction but it won't be a ton. You could always average down.

Interesting strategy on the premium selling. I Never thought of doing this on an inverse etf. I need to try this.

Thanks for posting.
Aggies1322
AG
CastleRock said:

I guess I'm spoiled by the massive volume plays lately. These INAQ and NLS calls seem to be just sitting in mud.

NLS feels like its just waiting to take off

*possible wishful thinking*
wanderer
Since everything else appears to be forming a cup & handle today, might as well throw APPL into the mix...
gigemJTH12
AG
wanderer said:

Since everything else appears to be forming a cup & handle today, might as well throw APPL into the mix...

shundere alluded to this earlier today
I bleed maroon
AG
CPDAggie10 said:

It's not a buy and hold ETF that many older generations love.

It's something you buy when markets are at or near tops, and when there are corrections, your plans are to sell and buy back lower.

I buy shares and then sell the hell out of premium on it so I'm usually in UVXY, but I'm always lowering my cost basis. Last swing (50% from 10 to 15) my cost basis was 8.30 because of selling puts and calls over a long range.

If you don't plan on selling premium, this isn't a bad time to buy it, but understand you may be upside down through the rest of Q1 if we don't have a healthy correction but it won't be a ton. You could always average down.

Interesting strategy on the premium selling. I Never thought of doing this on an inverse etf. I need to try this.

Thanks for posting.
For less-than-immediate hedges, I actually have had decent success on buying puts on the bullish versions of triple or double leveraged ETFs, making the time decay work in my favor. Look back at the track record of either the bear or bull version - many reverse splits over time. However, they're quite thinly traded, so I don't recommend them for extremely short expirations.

TQQQ, SPXL, and TNA are my favorites for put buying.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Agreed on this
Bob Knights Paper Hands
You could buy those CCs back at a loss.

You could roll them up and out - later date and higher strike price. The downside there is you have your capital locked in for longer and there's risk that the stock price decreases and you have to ride it down a bit before call prices move down enough to close out.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Jet Black said:

How long is long term?

I'll put it this way, I think over its lifetime, it has only netted gains over a month period <5 times. I was always told it was a 'within week' trade. And was typically advised against holding through a weekend unless done strategically.
FJ43
SPY / Technical Experts

If we bounce this today are we going to consider this a double top? Today's volume with a few hours to go isn't exactly sporty either. Although holding the 8 & 21 am I the only one getting nervous?

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FTAG 2000
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

You could buy those CCs back at a loss.

You could roll them up and out - later date and higher strike price. The downside there is you have your capital locked in for longer and there's risk that the stock price decreases and you have to ride it down a bit before call prices move down enough to close out.
Thank you.
Mr President Elect
AG
AG 2000' said:

Can we talk covered calls strategy a bit?

I've got some 2/19 $15 covered calls on MVIS. If that price starts to rise (say it runs up to $11-12 over the next week), are the call options going to go up in price or down?

And if I don't want to get called out, what should the strategy be with those contracts?

I would not be too worried about losing them yet, that is still a 50% run-up in two weeks. That price could rise if they go to $11-$12 but that depends if it slowly rises to $12 by next Friday, probably not much of an increase. If it sits idle and say jumps to $12 next wednesday, they will probably get an IV boost and be more expensive. I think you are safe, but just keep an eye on it and roll if it really starts to jump.
tsuag10
AG
Watching AAPL this week is going to give me a f/cking ulcer.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
tsuag10 said:

I'm laughing with you!
gigemJTH12
AG
tsuag10 said:

it hasnt even dipped again today..
Talon2DSO
AG
I posted about VMNT a couple weeks ago, it's now on a rocket. Anyone else in it??
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
then don't watch it.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$AAPL is in a 30 minute squeeze that is about to fire long.
leoj
AG
$ZM trying to get above the 50sma right now
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Thoughts on to buy more Feb 140s or Mar 150s?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
The OTCs are absolutely ripping today so if you're holding, may want to look at letting some go at the end of the day because that's 2 straight days.

On ALPP, this has got to be one of the most interesting tickers ever. Some of you more experienced guys have you seen an OTC go from .04--$5.50 in 3 months without it being listed on NYSE or NASDAQ? It's waiting NASDAQ listing now so I'm really wondering what levels this may get to upon listing? Could Robinhooders take it much higher? Not saying it'll happen, but in today's environment would $25 after listing really be that unrealistic?
McInnis 03
AG
EgOC hit .005 earlier, dammit
irish pete ag06
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

C'mon please tell me some of you were in on ENKS with me? Pretty please!!
You may have posted this and I may have missed it, but please post more OTC picks.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Yes. I have bought more March this morning.
rtpAggie
McInnis 03 said:

this has a AH and Friday end of the week feel to it..
McInnis 03
AG
rtpAggie said:

McInnis 03 said:

this has a AH and Friday end of the week feel to it..
I disagree. Not enough eyes on it.

Someone tell Brew's brofriend ZackMorris about it. Or McClaren guy.

OR WSB'S!
FJ43

Yes. I have bought more March this morning.
You're in the 150s as well correct?

I just added to my Feb 140s as my buy didn't fill previously. Same costs basis.

fightintxag13
AG
FJ43 said:

Don't tempt me with a good time.
BrokeAssAggie
Come on AAPL, I think she's about to blow.
FJ43
fightintxag13 said:

FJ43 said:

Don't tempt me with a good time.
Well I added both Feb and March here. So your turn.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
Me too. Doubled my Mar19 calls
Post removed:
by user
austinAG90
AG
did same
First Page Last Page
Page 3098 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.