Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,083,578 Views | 231802 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
sts7049
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
isnt that the same news from the other day on SNDL?
FJ43
AMPE may be good back to $3.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Coachbro20
PearlJammin said:

UVXY

This hedge ETF is about the lowest it's ever been since inception at $10.30

Loading up here.
I just got some as well...thanks for the tip
TexasAg2017
AG
I don't see a new offering. Just that the other one is now closed.
Coachbro20
sts7049 said:

What is the next "pop" range you holders are looking for to sell CC's?
RGRAg1/75
AG
Anyone in the XL Feb 19 30 calls? Trying to decide whether or not to cut bait or watch the decay really start to eat away.
Chef Elko
AG
Good eye! Read too fast and didn't pick up the "closing" versus a new offering.
Mr President Elect
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

$FUBO 02/12 70C going for $2.15. I am fine being exercised at those prices.
Wish I had more shares. I have been selling covered calls on the rips and buying them back on the dips for the last month and the premiums have stayted juiced.
leoj
AG

Just an FYI for you guys, haven't done any dd into the sector but seems hot right now.
sts7049
AG
i already have calls on half my shares, i don't plan on selling more unless the premiums really get good
leoj
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

LAZR

Would look good over $33? Maybe play the Mar $40 calls?
FJ43
Coachbro20 said:

sts7049 said:

What is the next "pop" range you holders are looking for to sell CC's?
If we get a quick rise into $1.30 the premiums will move pretty quick. But if a slow melt up they wont very much. On a quick rise 1.30 will be a resistance level and if/once it hits there and tops you'll lose cents off the option pretty quick.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Bird Poo
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

PearlJammin said:

UVXY

Loading up here.

It decays, so if the VIX does anything but go up, UVXY will go down. Not discouraging you from hedging or playing the downside but wanted to make sure you understood these inverse or leveraged ETSs decay.
Trying to understand this (appreciate your response, BTW). If I held these shares at $10 over 6 months and the price of the ETF remained at $10, I would still have my original investment, correct? However, if the market corrects over the next couple of months then those shares would increase in value based on historical action. Yes, I'm 5 years old....
cgh1999
AG
Was looking at SAVA model T to $92. Had an order for an $80 call at $13 ready to go and got distracted. It's $18 now.
Willie Lane
Coachbro20 said:

PearlJammin said:

UVXY

Loading up here.
I just got some as well...thanks for the tip

I am trimming some profits today and trying to learn the hedge game too. When I got to place the UVXY trade, it warns that it is not recommended to hold overnight. I get why, so I assume we just ignore the warning and let it run a bit?
2percent
AG
2percent said:

i am sorry but i just have to break to net free rule on SAVA. i want all the shares i can get my grubby little hands on. The seeking alpha article had me at "$1,200 a share."
OK. lesson learned. go net free when you get it. Still up quite a bit but...
backintexas2013
AG
Does AAPL have one more run in it?
wanderer
I don't think it's a bad place to hedge, but just know the fact that it is 3x leveraged means that time decay will eat away at it over time.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/financial-advisors/082515/why-leveraged-etfs-are-not-longterm-bet.asp
FTAG 2000
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

Anyone in the XL Feb 19 30 calls? Trying to decide whether or not to cut bait or watch the decay really start to eat away.
Are these covered calls?

If so, what's the strategy on selling off versus holding? You mentioned decay, can you explain?
RGRAg1/75
AG
AG 2000' said:

RGRAg1/75 said:

Are these covered calls?

If so, what's the strategy on selling off versus holding? You mentioned decay, can you explain?
Not CCs. Should have been more specific.
rtpAggie
backintexas2013 said:

Does AAPL have one more run in it?
Spudman
AG
Thanks - I just started a watchlist of 3D printing stocks. They've had a good run up lately so may wait for a pull back.
tailgatetimer10
AG
PearlJammin said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

PearlJammin said:

UVXY

Loading up here.

It decays, so if the VIX does anything but go up, UVXY will go down. Not discouraging you from hedging or playing the downside but wanted to make sure you understood these inverse or leveraged ETSs decay.
Trying to understand this (appreciate your response, BTW). If I held these shares at $10 over 6 months and the price of the ETF remained at $10, I would still have my original investment, correct? However, if the market corrects over the next couple of months then those shares would increase in value based on historical action. Yes, I'm 5 years old....

VIX is trading market volatility. UVXY is a decaying inverse of VIX. If you hold UVXY long term you will lose money, it is for swing trade use only.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
C'mon please tell me some of you were in on ENKS with me? Pretty please!!
Goldie Wilson
Anybody looking at buying back EXPR covered calls on this current dip?
Jet Black
How long is long term?
backintexas2013
AG
Sorry. I can be an idiot sometimes. I admit it
ebdb_bnb
I'd advise against using leveraged products all together. Why they aren't for institutional use only is beyond me.
fastgreens
AG
FbgTxAg said:

I absolutely love this thread.

It's like a gameday thread and a stock market class all in one.

Same... so enjoyable to follow!

EDIT... wrong emoticon
frankm01
Goldie Wilson said:

Anybody looking at buying back EXPR covered calls on this current dip?
I don't think I will. I have Feb $4, $5 and $6. If the price gets that high, they can have them.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
It's not a buy and hold ETF that many older generations love.

It's something you buy when markets are at or near tops, and when there are corrections, your plans are to sell and buy back lower.

I buy shares and then sell the hell out of premium on it so I'm usually in UVXY, but I'm always lowering my cost basis. Last swing (50% from 10 to 15) my cost basis was 8.30 because of selling puts and calls over a long range.

If you don't plan on selling premium, this isn't a bad time to buy it, but understand you may be upside down through the rest of Q1 if we don't have a healthy correction but it won't be a ton. You could always average down.
FJ43
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

C'mon please tell me some of you were in on ENKS with me? Pretty please!!
I put a little on it with you as you seem to hit these.. Not much but at least now I can can buy a nice dinner with the Mrs.. #SHBM

Jet Black
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

It's not a buy and hold ETF that many older generations love.

It's something you buy when markets are at or near tops, and when there are corrections, your plans are to sell and buy back lower.

I buy shares and then sell the hell out of premium on it so I'm usually in UVXY, but I'm always lowering my cost basis. Last swing (50% from 10 to 15) my cost basis was 8.30 because of selling puts and calls over a long range.

If you don't plan on selling premium, this isn't a bad time to buy it, but understand you may be upside down through the rest of Q1 if we don't have a healthy correction but it won't be a ton. You could always average down.

Thanks. I'm in at $10.40 ish.
Running with the Bulls
$VERU ROCKET!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
2percent said:

2percent said:

i am sorry but i just have to break to net free rule on SAVA. i want all the shares i can get my grubby little hands on. The seeking alpha article had me at "$1,200 a share."
OK. lesson learned. go net free when you get it. Still up quite a bit but...

There are times when you might choose not to go net free. Maybe you are really confident that it's low risk to hit a higher price target or maybe you have such a small investment in it that you want to keep risk on. Going net free for a lot of these trades is really helpful.
First Page Last Page
Page 3097 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.