Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,085,027 Views | 231811 Replies | Last: 25 sec ago by bhanacik
BrokeAssAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ONTX ripping this morning and back above $1
FJ43
NRD09 said:

jayelbee said:

If you have a plan and can achieve weekly 2% gains in a taxable account, the paltry sum of money in your 401k from a few years of work should be a rounding error when you get to 55.

Now we're talking!
I am thinking there are some apples and oranges within the context of these overall responses although all fruit. I am guessing not many on this thread have millions trading options and swing trades daily on the line everyday. I wouldn't anyway.

Having substantial holdings in long term positions that you manage somewhat 'actively' with a technical approach, combined with healthy a portion used in a more active trading account for higher (possibly more risk) trades, is what I think many are implying. At least this is what my expectations are in terms of my approach.

Use my daily trading for building with high potential trades, converting some periodically into the other bucket of longs and use some for cash flow purposes..

Otherwise I should just turn it over to a financial advisor or buy a Target Date fund and go fishing.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
CLOV - At $13.79 premarket. Shaky hands day? I think the rip is coming.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Ags2013
AG
FJ43 said:

I'll keep accumulating until then
BrokeAssAggie
FJ43 said:

Let's get to $20 today.
Red Red Wine
AG
About right.

I have most of my holdings in longer term, less riskly plays - some with high yield and some like Apple with long-term growth. I just want to beat the return on SPY with my retirement accounts. So, I will take on riskier stuff on the portfolio at about anywhere from 20% to 40% of the holdings depending on market sentiment spread around many stocks and not all on one (SAVA being the one I wish I had made an exception for, but if I had it would have tanked!).

On my play cash account there is mostly risky plays, aka SAVA, and TNXP, and ABML (but I do that in my IRAs), etc. I can afford to lose my cash. I can't afford to lose my retirement!!!

But, I will say, I have added 40% to my cash account in the month I started "playing" off advice here and that is not hyperbole or exaggeration - from early Jan to early Feb I cleared (sold the assets) 40% returns. I used to just lurk and try to take it all in, but something just clicked one day and I decided to give some of the advice here a play and it (as you can see) has worked for now. But, I'm not arrogant or greedy. So I may pull back and put everything back in cash soon. Catch my breath and study this thread and other sources for a while before plowing back in to the risky stuff.

I know I owe a debt of gratitude for you guys who share your knowledge and insights and are happy to do so. You are restoring my faith in this country after watching the sh*t-show from last November.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

FJ43 said:

Let's get to $20 today.
+1
txaggie_08
AG
FJ43 said:

Just picked up some more premarket. Ready for this thing to run. Averaged in at $14.22 now.
mrad85
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

FJ43 said:

Let's get to $20 today.
+1

CLOV has been very very good to me so far options wise, but holding this bucket load of stock has been very frustrating. Like FJ said, the rip has to be coming, but until then I just keep filling up the bucket
Post removed:
by user
bigtoneag
AG
txaggie_08
AG
CPDAggie10
AG
$CLOV.
I think I'll add to my May $17.5 calls this morning.
txaggie_08
AG
third coast.. said:

$XL Ripping. up almost 10% PM

What's everyone's target with XL? I jumped in yesterday, can't remember if anyone has given a PT.
AgEE10
AG
$FUBO
FJ43
CPDAggie10 said:

$CLOV.
I think I'll add to my May $17.5 calls this morning.
Like this. They were Bid/Ask of 2.60/275 at the close yesterday. OI was over 10k as well on the May date.

backintexas2013
AG
Good morning WWR nice
McInnis 03
AG
QS up 10%. If you played the March butterflies this is a nice nice start
FJ43

IBIO

Check out where we are on the IBIO chart going back to March 2020. See resistance yellow line and the last green candle is this morning premarket. Major line of resistance here. If it breaks this then no telling.

fastgreens
AG
Any suggestions on a small play for a newb that was just approved for options trading this morning?

Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
FJ43
CLOV with one of the heaviest premarket trading ive seen. There is some selling pressure here.

Hindenberg article. Go figure.

Agswinning
FJ43 said:

CLOV with one of the heaviest premarket trading ive seen. There is some selling pressure here.

Dropping like a rock
McInnis 03
AG
Hindenburg blasting clov right this second

BrokeAssAggie
fastgreens said:

Any suggestions on a small play for a newb that was just approved for options trading this morning?

Couple AAPL contracts?
Post removed:
by user
Red Red Wine
AG
I was going to buy that when it hit $41-ish and simply FORGOT!
FJ43
third coast.. said:

looks like it just crept past it
Battle for it anyway. IBIO

McInnis 03
AG
The clov dip buy is gonna be STRONG imo
Madmarttigan
AG
Should we take this seriously or just another bull**** report
Formerly tv1113
Post removed:
by user
Bob Knights Paper Hands
My thoughts too on $CLOV. I'll be looking for support levels and watching for a reversal. As soon as that happens I'll buy calls and consider more shares.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Should we be worried about that article or is it just scare tactics?
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

The clov dip buy is gonna be STRONG imo
Hindenburg targeting Chamath after he supported the Game Stop buying against institutional short sellers. Per Reuters.

Winder who is making money off the article?

First Page Last Page
Page 3086 of 6624

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.