Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,032,757 Views | 231624 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by Happygilmore20
FTAG 2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Rice and Fries said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

Bezos steps down as CEO! OH SH*T
Wow. He is being replaced by Andy Jassy - whoever that is.
I was hoping to get that paycheck and stock package
fifm
FJ43
astros4545 said:

KIQ down to .791

Is the model T breaking down?
No it closed holding the 8 day and well above the 21. After a big move like that needs a breather. Handling it the same it has the past 4 breakouts. If it loses about $0.71 then Houston we may have a problem.

This is just my 2 cents but I am not touching it until those aspects break down. It may be days/weeks before another breakout but I expect at least a few days of basing again.

Again just my redneck turned hillbilly view anyway.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Guitarsoup
AG
If you are holding any SARK Recruiting Close, sell now before the dump tomorrow.
fightintxag13
AG
Guitarsoup said:

If you are holding any SARK Recruiting Close, sell now before the dump tomorrow.
JMBO looks primed for a breakout tomorrow!
Bird Poo
AG
TUSUX is a pennystock I wouldn't touch. Very speculative.
KT 90
AG
FJ43 said:

astros4545 said:

KIQ down to .791

No it closed holding the 8 day and well above the 21. After a big move like that needs a breather. Handling it the same it has the past 4 breakouts. If it loses about $0.71 then Houston we may have a problem.

This is just my 2 cents but I am not touching it until those aspects break down. It may be days/weeks before another breakout but I expect at least a few days of basing again.

docaggie
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

Bezos steps down as CEO! OH SH*T
Wow. He is being replaced by Andy Jassy - whoever that is.
He's the head of AWS.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
McInnis 03
AG
Someone go look at $DHR and tell me if you see the cup and handle on the daily.....
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Fireman
AG
I help my parents manage their investment accounts and they are dividend investors. Their goal was to generate $20K to $25K per year in pure dividend income without touching the principle that they could use to travel and enjoy retirement. With this type of strategy, you're not really looking at sexy stocks, you are looking at bigger name dividend aristocrats that typically don't have much volatility, and consistently pay/raise their dividends each year. Obviously, you are looking at higher dividend yields too. Here's some pretty stable companies that pay nice dividend yields that we've had success with:

AT&T (T)
Chevron (CVX)
Coca Cola (KO)
Dominion (D)
Iron Mountain (IRM)
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
Magellan Midstream Partners (MMP)

With that said, I can't help myself but to mix in a few growth names, so they've been fortunate with $AMZN and $NVDA (in 2016) and $ROKU (in 2019).
HoustonAg2014
AG
TecRecAg said:

My hope is that the news wears off and the numbers do the talking in a week or so.
I hope the numbers do the talking during the call and my Friday Calls pay off... I need this guy to impress the hell out of everyone on this call.
Ags4DaWin
$Bill said:

How do you guys go about buying long term hold stocks that pay dividends? Example, I'm looking to branch out the portfolio after messing around with some of these higher volatile stocks as long term holds.

Home Depot has my attention as an option that pays dividends out and I see as a long term hold.

Just seeing if anyone cares much about dividends anymore and how you go about them.

just a thought-

you could look at dividend focused ETF's especially if ur looking for diversification to reduce risk.

I am into DON, SPHD, and SCHD for some. Those will be longer term holds for me that I will add to as the years go on. consistent growth with the market plus higher than average dividend payments.

I do like southwest as a long term hold that pays a decent dividend as they are trying to branch out to more international travel and the stock is still depressed due to covid and at&t is one of the "dividend aristocrats". UPS i think is also a good long term hold that pays a decent dividend. can't go wrong with coca cola- large stable company.

nothing revolutionary in any of those...but might be what ur looking for?

edit- the poster above had many of the same ideas. his take is good.
krosch11
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Someone go look at $DHR and tell me if you see the cup and handle on the daily.....

Id say so
FJ43
KT 90 said:

FJ43 said:

astros4545 said:

KIQ down to .791

Take a look at the 1 Minute after hours and you will see a looooong wick all the way down to the $0.71 number I had pegged. Just a flash. Stop hunters maybe? I would have set s top loss about 3% below that if I was using them on it just so I didn't get caught in that scoop up.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Fireman
AG
$DHR dropping like a rock AH. Could just be a blip, but interesting none-the-less.
docaggie
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

TecRecAg said:

My hope is that the news wears off and the numbers do the talking in a week or so.
I hope the numbers do the talking during the call and my Friday Calls pay off... I need this guy to impress the hell out of everyone on this call.
CNBC had a graphic a couple of days ago talking about this last quarter, and how companies that beat on both lines have declined in price after earnings, while those that missed on both have increased in price after earnings. Totally counterintiutive.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BrokeAssAggie
Did they say why Bezos was stepping down? He going to make a run for office?
YNWA_AG
AG
FbgTxAg
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Did they say why Bezos was stepping down? He going to make a run for office?

Made a fortune in GameStop stock. Can retire now.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
McInnis 03
AG
He's been saying for awhile that he wants to get Blue Origin going in the right direction.

I think he is tired of SpaceX kicking his ass.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
leoj
AG
Normally a handle dropping below the midway of the cup would indicate a failed pattern, but that's a big recovery back to the breakout levels so who knows.
Red Red Wine
AG
Makes perfect sense. Most of the price is based on "future" expectations. Since Amzn killed it the price had already built up to that expectation. Thus, earnings call confirms and folks got what they "expected".

For the losers that went up in price, it is because they reset "expectations"! You were a loser, but now that you lowered the bar and the vaccine is out we now "expect" you to have better earnings in future quarters.

See, it is simple!!!

PS. I have zero idea what I'm talking about.
McInnis 03
AG
So the two flies I put on AMZN are for next week

3450/3550/3650 for $10

and

3800/3900/4000 for $1

The latter was in case they announce a split. The first was if they put up good numbers. A slow steady climb may still put that one in reach.

B&I Key:
Maximus_Meridius
AG
McInnis 03 said:

He's been saying for awhile that he wants to get Blue Origin going in the right direction.

I think he is tired of SpaceX kicking his ass.
He's gotta loooooooong row to hoe on that one. SpaceX is so far in front of him right now that Blue Origin is pretty much just an afterthought (lunar lander contract not withstanding).
Touchless
AG
krosch11 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Id say so
I originally typed this in wrong, but $DRH also appears to have a cup and handle. Never heard of the company though. Not much volume since early December. Also seems to have higher bases of $0.20 each recently.

May have to watch this one the next few days and see how it acts.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
A couple things:

• This is why I don't hold into earnings. I am so glad I sold that vertical this morning. Some of you probably thought I was crazy
  • Andy Jassy is an absolute genius. I had the opportunity to talk with him for about 30 minutes at AWS reinvent a couple of years ago. Amazon is in good hands
  • This means Amazon is tripling down on cloud/media/other tech services.
Red Red Wine
AG
Danaher. Picked up a bunch of the distressed BUs from GE.

GE hired a guy from Danaher to be their CEO and I guess that connection paid off.
DrSocrates
BayAg_14 said:

FJ43 said:

Someone just let me know in the morning if buying AMZN stock today was a good idea.

After hours over 3400.00
McInnis 03
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

A couple things:

• This is why I don't hold into earnings. I am so glad I sold that vertical this morning. Some of you probably thought I was crazy
  • Andy Jassy is an absolute genius. I had the opportunity to talk with him for about 30 minutes at AWS reinvent a couple of years ago. Amazon is in good hands

If I'm the street, I'm thinking "oh, they're elevating the guy who runs the biggest cash cow of the biggest cash cow on the planet" and I'm OK with that.

B&I Key:
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
He really is exceptional. I felt inadequate after my meeting with him. It's like being a HS player and getting to throw balls with Tom Brady.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I saw something on $AAPL that I don't like. Doesn't mean this will happen.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
A lot of AMZN call holders are going to learn a tough lesson tomorrow on IV and options premium, most likely.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

So the two flies I put on AMZN are for next week

3450/3550/3650 for $10

and

3800/3900/4000 for $1

The latter was in case they announce a split. The first was if they put up good numbers. A slow steady climb may still put that one in reach.
Come on baby. Step up nice and slowly!

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG

A lot of AMZN call holders are going to learn a tough lesson tomorrow on IV and options premium, most likely.
I don't think the buyer who put $3MM on 3500 for feb19 is going to let themselves down.

B&I Key:
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

A couple things:

If I'm the street, I'm thinking "oh, they're elevating the guy who runs the biggest cash cow of the biggest cash cow on the planet" and I'm OK with that.
Up $65, 2% after hours.

Looks like the initial pricing reaction was 'WTF, Bezos leaving", now it's "oh, the AWS guy running this thing? Revenue going brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"
YNWA_AG
AG
DFV down to a paltry 22 mil
First Page Last Page
Page 3059 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.