Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,044,771 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SNDL testing the intraday MT
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

HoustonAg2014
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Mine does the opposite - when I tell her how much I make on a good day she acts like I played scratch offs all day. If it were left up to her she'd have our entire net worth in a savings account.
Oh I have gotten that as well. "Hey babe I made $30k in the market today, want to go to a nice dinner?"

Her "Oh cool...Why don't you do that more often so we can do this more often."
FTAG 2000
AG
thoughts on Amazon? Would it be dumb today to buy a few shares?

Brewmaster
AG
model T'ing AMC, who's with me? playing the bounce from the gap down. 13 vs a low of $6, gets me 9.50. Will probably sell all there or just short of it.
FJ43
Bob Knights Liver said:

Mine does the opposite - when I tell her how much I make on a good day she acts like I played scratch offs all day. If it were left up to her she'd have our entire net worth in a savings account.
Mine literally just asks sweetie did you win today. Same...like I went to get scratch offs until I told her how we've done. Then Alexa tells me each day you have a package.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

HoustonAg2014
AG
AG 2000' said:

It is never dumb to buy a few shares of Amazon. I have lived by that mantra since I started investing in 2014...
McInnis 03
AG
Y'all, SNOW Feb19 360c's (60pts otm) are getting lit UP!
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
FTAG 2000
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

AG 2000' said:

It is never dumb to buy a few shares of Amazon. I have lived by that mantra since I started investing in 2014...
Yeah I bought some a ways back (low 2000s). I mean, they're not going anywhere.
leoj
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Y'all, SNOW Feb19 360c's (60pts otm) are getting lit UP!

I'm in the 350s
ag94whoop
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Oh I have gotten that as well. "Hey babe I made $30k in the market today, want to go to a nice dinner?"

Damn, Id love to have a $30k day.

Best day I have had is $6k so far. But honestly I'm less than a month into this. Late starter (waited until I turned 49 to start doing this).

But in retrospect, my wife is happy with any profit so I guess I got lucky.
FJ43
Well I am in the pond with you AMZN guys. Bought shares here split or no split. Figure I will plant them and let y'all tell me what happens.

gougler08
AG
Challenger 17 said:

Any thoughts on CRBP? Looks like some good volume coming in.
That's come back down quite a lot since AH trading yesterday...I'm going to review this afternoon and see if it can avoid the hanging man technical it's currently displaying
gougler08
AG
FJ43 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Mine literally just asks sweetie did you win today. Same...like I went to get scratch offs until I told her how we've done. Then Alexa tells me each day you have a package.
If you use Mint.com it can show you how many transactions you purchased per company in 2020...I didn't need to see that number for Amazon
McInnis 03
AG
AMZN is my biggest enemy in more ways than one.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Compare today's SPY chart with AMZN and AAPL. These are two massive profit generators, one of which just had great earnings and one of which is expected by many to crush and maybe have key announcements (a split?). AAPL is down since the open and AMZN is relatively flat but working on an h.

What's the disconnect here? Is this manipulation to get out from sold calls or to acquire more? Is this rotation? Is this FOMO in small caps taking retail market share of investment money?
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

All I heard you say this morning was buy the crap out of it. I may have missed the small details.

oldarmy1
AG
FbgTxAg said:

With AAPL - it's never a matter of if, just when.
I think AAPL is going to be a study in why you have to go out further on your options calls and sometimes even endure a harsh market selloff, to determine willingness to stick through a targeted stop.
TheBiggerEvent
AG
Bft always gets my hopes up then blahh
YNWA_AG
AG
McInnis 03 said:

The stock split will be announced as soon as you exit amzn
Baby Billy
AG
oldarmy1 said:

FbgTxAg said:

I think AAPL is going to be a study in why you have to go out further on your options calls and sometimes even endure a harsh market selloff, to determine willingness to stick through a targeted stop.
So how are those Feb 19's 145 and 150's looking??
ag94whoop
AG
TheBiggerEvent said:

Bft always gets my hopes up then blahh
feel ya.

I cant tell whether its just going to be slow developing or if it plans on hanging around this $16-17 range forever

I was shooting for $19-20 on a long swing. But if it doesnt look like its going to move anytime soon, that may change to a short swing and just take profit and move on.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
FJ43 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

I ear beat the **** out of mine about exciting things like Vega and Theta. She just has a glazed over look.

Maybe because I've never withdrawn any money from the account, just let it grow.

Maybe I need to pay for a vacation or something with gains and she'll start to care.
McInnis 03
AG
Adam hinting that a hedge add here may not be a bad idea.

B&I Key:
EngrAg14
AG
ehrmantraut said:

oldarmy1 said:

FbgTxAg said:

So how are those Feb 19's 145 and 150's looking??

I believe OA1 would say March 12/19th would be best.
At 150 it would be $1.8 per right now and could become a 3-4 bagger. One good 3-5% day and you could go net free relatively quickly.

I would be on these but I hoped on DIS and been riding this wave. Although eyeing moving my 185 2/19s into 195 & 200 2/19s for the earnings call.
McKinney Ag69
AG

Correct me if I am wrong OA1, but this looks like institutions knocking down the price to shake people out with a short ladder attack. They are hitting all the meme stocks this morning. AMC, BB, NOK, GME, NAKD. It would have been a good chance to buy the dip there at the bottom.
EngrAg14
AG
MSFT 250 2/15s looking like a good play with it down before the pop up. Should hit 250 by Friday at the rate it's channel is pushing it up.
cottonpicker
AG
ag94whoop said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Damn, Id love to have a $30k day.

Best day I have had is $6k so far. But honestly I'm less than a month into this. Late starter (waited until I turned 49 to start doing this).

But in retrospect, my wife is happy with any profit so I guess I got lucky.
I'm with you ag94. I started last April at 51.
It has been a ride and I finally had a 10k day last month.
Still feel like I'm drinking from a firehose.
spud1910
AG
FJ43 said:

Well I am in the pond with you AMZN guys. Bought shares here split or no split. Figure I will plant them and let y'all tell me what happens.
I did as well. Worked out well for me when I bought TSLA at $1600 presplit last summer.
KT 90
AG
oldarmy1 said:

FbgTxAg said:

Hang tight on the Feb19. $145's? or bail or try to roll them?

zag213004
AG
KT 90 said:

oldarmy1 said:

FbgTxAg said:

Hang tight on the Feb19. $145's? or bail or try to roll them?

AgEng06
AG
spud1910 said:

FJ43 said:

I did as well. Worked out well for me when I bought TSLA at $1600 presplit last summer.
Ya know, McInnis could have told us to buy in 2 DAYS AGO! That would have saved some money.
McKinney Ag69
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
NCAA Football coming back on EA Sports. $GME to the moon!
McInnis 03
AG
So I put on two really really wide AMZN butterflies for next week at minimal cost. 1 is a possible hit, the other is a fantasy in that they announce something crazy like a split. I don't think I'll post them because they're low probability plays, but they are small, ~ or < $10 ea for $100 return potential.

B&I Key:
spud1910
AG
AgEng06 said:

spud1910 said:

FJ43 said:

Ya know, McInnis could have told us to buy in 2 DAYS AGO! That would have saved some money.
Yeah, but you never know which one of them has the green hammer that day!
First Page Last Page
Page 3052 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.