Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,042,193 Views | 231653 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by ProgN
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CRNT edging towards $5. In $5 Feb 19 calls. Had a short term oppty to hit that previous high$5.45 and then watch for cup completion move to above $6..

Cathie Woods has been buying a position in this 5G play too.
cjo03
AG
TLSA (Not tsla) up 40% pre market.. another case of mistaken identity?
oldarmy1
AG
$BFT above $17.

Watched open at 3am on all holdings and whatever they jumped to they pretty much stayed pegged at until now. The longer futures sustain I think you'll begin seeing upward jumpers. AAPL has
FJ43
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

So... noob question. If I bought 100 shares and sold all but 1 of them, that wouldn't count as a day trade, correct? Because I'm not totally out of the position?
I believe the rule is if you buy and sell a single security in the same business day it is considered a day trade. It applies to selling 1 share or all. If you sell the shares in blocks in the same day you bough them it is still 1 day trade. Now if you bought the share back and sold again that becomes a 2nd day trade.

Additionally if a cash account day trade doesn't apply. Margin account it does and 25k minimum account value.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

McInnis 03
AG
cjo03 said:

TLSA (Not tsla) up 40% pre market.. another case of mistaken identity?
Foralumab shows encouraging action in COVID-19 study in Brazil, suppresses lung inflammation via nasal administration.

$TLSA (not the car)
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
leoj
AG

Also thank you to whoever mentioned $APPHW, up 25-30% pm.
McInnis 03
AG
So I see talk of round trips with regard to the PDT limit........

IF, and it's a big IF, you're an option trader, and you take a trade in a long call position ("I just bought $SNDL $.50 calls for Feb19, woohoo!") and then you want to take profit WITHOUT being hit with a round trip, you can then SELL a different strike up to get money out of the trade and leave yourself with something to work with (" My calls are up $.30!!! I guess I'll sell the $1 calls for the same date at $.40 to take the risk off). You now have .50/1 calls spreads and since you dealt with two different products (.5 calls, 1 calls) this is NOT a round trip and you were able to mitigate risk.

The next day you can decide what to do with your spreads, HODL, sell, etc.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
FbgTxAg
AG
Close my 2/5 AAPL 127 & 126 puts or hold to expiry? Only worth about $350 total at this point.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Post removed:
by user
McInnis 03
AG
In the first 5 minutes you should see a little pop, especially if that first 5 min candle runs green. It's your money, but seems like taking some profits would be prudent.

B&I Key:
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Interesting. I guess I could remove margin privileges. I barely use it anyways. I'm just a small account and dipping my toes in the water, so no 25k, yet.
oldarmy1
AG
Is Twitter down for anyone else?
gigemJTH12
AG
$CLOV looking nice. a good day would be welcomed.
AgEE10
AG
negative
oldarmy1
AG
Hmm...not good.
AgEng06
AG
third coast.. said:

Like clockwork this thread stops working on desktop. Anyone else have this issue every am?

Yes, I have this problem. For some reason it's unusable until sometime after 9:00 or so. No idea why, and it's not just the stock thread.
FbgTxAg
AG
McInnis 03 said:

In the first 5 minutes you should see a little pop, especially if that first 5 min candle runs green. It's your money, but seems like taking some profits would be prudent.

What profits? I bought these puts as a hedge for all my AAPL stock. Not much chance AAPL falls to 127 or 126 by Friday.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
tremble
AG
PHUN with a sizable drop so far
FJ43
oldarmy1 said:

Is Twitter down for anyone else?
Mine is working
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

oldarmy1
AG
It worked on sign out-sign in
KT 90
AG
AgEng06 said:

third coast.. said:

Like clockwork this thread stops working on desktop. Anyone else have this issue every am?

Yes, I have this problem. For some reason it's unusable until sometime after 9:00 or so. No idea why, and it's not just the stock thread.

You should report it to Help Forum and see if they can provide any help. But if you are on a work machine, it may be a local/work related issue. Try pulling it up on a phone if you are having issues with a work desktop type machine.

Post removed:
by user
AgEng06
AG
KT 90 said:

AgEng06 said:

third coast.. said:

You should report it to Help Forum and see if they can provide any help. But if you are on a work machine, it may be a local/work related issue. Try pulling it up on a phone if you are having issues with a work desktop type machine.

Yeah, the quoted post was about desktop. My issues are on desktop as well, my home desktop.

Mobile works fine.
Mr President Elect
AG
Holy $SAVA!

Sold a $30 put b/c I wanted the shares... That might not happen

Was looking at selling cc's on my shares yesterday, but thought the IV could be a little better, glad I waited. Might today if this run sustains.
sts7049
AG
of course, i got out last week around 20
Brewmaster
AG
Charlie Conway said:

cageybee77 said:

Re: SNDL. So if weed gets legalized, won't lots of peeps just grow their own? Maybe it's too much trouble. Wonder what "distribution channels" will look like.
I think you over estimate people's ability to grow things

This assumes those that smoke it are motivated enough to grow it? Lol. I did have a friend that grew his own, but I would be that is not the norm.

I think I read no more offerings for a few months on SNDL, to the moon!
Rice and Fries
Did anyone take a position in LYSCF?
Proposition Joe
Uber buying Drizly
McKinney Ag69
AG

Thundergon
$AMZN is currently above a huge resistance level ($3,360ish). If market maintains this could run into earnings tonight. How it reacts after earnings is a coin flip, but if positive this thing could see ATH soon imo. I believe there's about a $200 priced in move so be careful if playing options and holding tonight.
KT 90
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Did anyone take a position in LYSCF?

Yep, not much of one, but yes.

McKinney Ag69
AG

FTAG 2000
AG
$SAVA doubled up in pre-market.
Mr President Elect
AG
$PRSP

Is there something up with the IV on $PRSP? Up 22% on the month and look at the Feb $30 calls
First Page Last Page
Page 3047 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.