Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,042,395 Views | 231653 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by ProgN
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On SNDL, remember those giant blocks I was seeing yesterday? That was probably the dilution. It's in and done.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
cageybee77 said:

Re: SNDL. So if weed gets legalized, won't lots of peeps just grow their own? Maybe it's too much trouble. Wonder what "distribution channels" will look like.

Too much trouble to grow on your own for a stoner. Plus, they like to experiment with different strains or variations (not sure of the technical term) similar to different beers, cigars, wine, etc. hard to do that with a limit on the number of plants you can have.
FJ43
Well Phil saw his shadow so its in the cards 6 more weeks of winter. More time to trade I guess.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

On SNDL, remember those giant blocks I was seeing yesterday? That was probably the dilution. It's in and done.
Keeping speaking to me like that...
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

gougler08
AG
FJ43 said:

Well Phil saw his shadow so its in the cards 6 more weeks of winter. More time to trade I guess.
Lol tell that to Houston and the 75+ degrees this past weekend
FJ43
Have y'all ever watched the action exactly at 7AM EST and then 8AM EST? It is wild to see when trading is allowed at different brokers.

Post removed:
by user
Charlie Conway
cageybee77 said:

Re: SNDL. So if weed gets legalized, won't lots of peeps just grow their own? Maybe it's too much trouble. Wonder what "distribution channels" will look like.
I think you over estimate people's ability to grow things
FJ43
third coast.. said:

ive been doing that the last couple of weeks it is insane. the effect is IMMEDIATE.
26M shares for example on SNDL at 8:00AM EST sharp.

McInnis 03
AG
Y'all, I cannot stress this enough.

AMZN reports AH. IF YOU HEAR VIA LEGIT REPORT OR ON CONF CALL THEY'RE SPLITTING.....in my opinion, buy the ever living hell outta that stock. And keep buying that stock.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
gigemJTH12
AG
is this something about today?
Mostly Foggy Recollection
You are welcome to set it to net free when the time comes.

I scalp Volatility instruments here and there, but I can't post all my trades here daily. This thread would spin on days I'm not slammed at work, if I did.

in January, my highest traded day was 108 trades. My lowest was 6 trades. Pretty large delta there.
My bet is they are. Bezos doesn't like Elon
Touchless
AG
FJ43 said:

cageybee77 said:

Some but probably at the pace I grow my own vegetables. May be legalized but doesn't mean you still won't have to have a license. I also suspect those that are hard core about this have been growing their own anyway. Maybe it becomes like the Next micro brewery trend.

In Denver, you're allowed to grow up to 5 of your own plants. Don't know that all that many people do it though. I'd think some true stoners are more likely, but those that use it more recreationally don't.

It's crazy the number of varieties there are and all of the science that actually goes into it. Marcus Lemonis recently had an episode on it in a mini series he did. Said there are more pot shops that Starbucks.
Rice and Fries
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Mark me down as they are not. Bezos is gonna want high stock price to keep us simpletons out.
BrokeAssAggie
McInnis 03 said:

AMZN reports AH. IF YOU HEAR VIA LEGIT REPORT OR ON CONF CALL THEY'RE SPLITTING.....in my opinion, buy the ever living hell outta that stock. And keep buying that stock.

Report is right at market close?
Sound theory, as well.
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

Wonder what the odds are here on this. I know many have want him to for a long time. Long term they are such a powerful tool for the consumer I don't see any downside short of government intervention.

Post removed:
by user
McInnis 03
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

is this something about today?

They (Amzn) report today after hours (AH)

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
$SAVA is $25+

If you bought leaps like I did, put in a GTC net free sell order and hope for fills soon!

B&I Key:
AMZN is going to hitch AAPL and MSFT behind it's hummer and drag them up the resistance mountain today.
FJ43
SNDL # 1 this morning on Captain Solutions top trending stocks. Has a 'Hot' symbol meaning very high levels of social and media chatter.

gigemJTH12
AG
yet it keeps falling..
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Rice and Fries said:

Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Mark me down as they are not. Bezos is gonna want high stock price to keep us simpletons out.

While fractional shares can be bought, it does somewhat limit the option trading from retail. That might be enough to keep Bezos from pulling a Musk.

WWR - after watching MM manipulate the AMZN stock price last week to close it below 3300 and avoid retail cashing in on calls, I wonder if we will see this on WWR. Have they been holding it under $7.50 until after the Feb options expire worthless? I will begin looking for the signs of MM manipulation that OA discussed, such as the stair step moves down and long tails on candles during big volume time-frames. In general are there any other manipulation signs to look for? Is there a way to know if options of a particular stock are real or institution owned? Specific to WWR if this is retail heavy buying of calls, would this suggest that once the accumulation has ended or the option expiry that we are due for a big jump soon?
oldarmy1
AG
NLS +0.76 Tier 1 need to have their fingers on the button or orders placed, if not on a good platform OR not able to watch and execute in real time. Tier 2-3 same on your targets.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
So... noob question. If I bought 100 shares and sold all but 1 of them, that wouldn't count as a day trade, correct? Because I'm not totally out of the position?
txaggie_08
AG
SNDL... I got in for 1000 shares at $1 this morning.
txaggie_08
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

So... noob question. If I bought 100 shares and sold all but 1 of them, that wouldn't count as a day trade, correct? Because I'm not totally out of the position?

I believe that's still considered a day trade for those 999 shares.
McInnis 03
AG
I'm of the thought that AMC is done being toyed with, I could be wrong, but I just traded in my AMC shares that I was holding net free for a conglomeration of WWR and CIDM shares instead.

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG

B&I Key:
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
txaggie_08 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

I believe that's still considered a day trade for those 999 shares.

That makes sense. Seemed like way too easy of a workaround.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Announces simufilam improves cognitive response, cognition approved 1.6pts on ADSCOG 11, patients behavior improved 1.3pts on some other indicator.

Quote:

- Patients' Cognition Improved 1.6 Points on ADAS-Cog11 -

- Patients' Behavior Improved 1.3 Points on NPI -

- Improvements Maintained at 6 Months -
- Results Support Advancing Simufilam into Phase 3 Clinical Program -
AUSTIN, Texas, Feb. 02, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cassava Sciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: SAVA) today announced results of an interim analysis from an open-label study of simufilam, its lead drug candidate for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. Patients' cognition and behavior scores both improved following six months of simufilam treatment, with no safety issues.
In a clinical study funded by the National Institutes of Health and conducted by Cassava Sciences, six months of simufilam treatment improved cognition scores by 1.6 points on ADAS-Cog11, a 10% mean improvement from baseline to month 6. In these same patients, simufilam also improved dementia-related behavior, such as anxiety, delusions and agitation, by 1.3 points on the Neuropsychiatric Inventory, a 29% mean improvement from baseline to month 6.
Alzheimer's is a progressive disease. Over time, a patient's cognition will always worsen. "Experience based on longitudinal studies of ambulatory patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease suggest that scores on ADAS-cog decline by 6 - 12 points per year", according to FDA's Prescription Information sheet for ARICEPT (donepezil), a drug approved for the treatment of dementia of the Alzheimer's type1.

"We could not be more pleased with these interim results," said Remi Barbier, President & CEO. "We would have been satisfied to show simufilam stabilizes cognition in patients over 6 months. An improvement in cognition and behavior tells us this drug candidate has potential to provide lasting treatment effects for people living with Alzheimer's disease. It's an exciting development."
The safety profile of simufilam in the interim analysis was consistent with prior human studies. There were no drug-related serious adverse events. Adverse events were mild and transient.
"Today's data once again suggests simufilam could be a transformative, novel therapeutic," added Nadav Friedmann, PhD, MD, Chief Medical Officer. "It appears the drug's unique mechanism of action has potential to provide a treatment benefit following 6 months of dosing."
About the Interim Analysis
Cassava Sciences' on-going, one-year, open-label, multi-center study is evaluating the long-term safety and tolerability of simufilam 100 mg twice daily in 100 patients with mild-to-moderate Alzheimer's disease. This study was initiated March 2020 and is now approximately 80% enrolled. Today's pre-planned interim analysis summarizes clinical data at the midway point of enrollment, i.e., the first 50 patients who have completed at least 6 months of drug treatment.
ADAS-Cog (Alzheimer's Disease Assessment Scale-Cognitive Subscale) is a standard test for assessing changes in cognition in Alzheimer's disease trials. NPI (Neuropsychiatric Inventory) is a widely used tool for measuring changes in dementia-related behavior. The Mini-Mental State Exam (MMSE) is a widely used test of cognitive function among the elderly. The interim analysis shows mean baseline scores of 15.5 on ADAS-Cog11, 4.5 on NPI and 22.1 on MMSE.
Much of the value of the open-label study is to gain data to support simufilam's long-term safety profile in patients. Interim efficacy data from an open-label study has limitations compared to efficacy data from a fully completed, large, randomized controlled clinical trial, or from a fully enrolled open-label study. However, prior clinical research in Alzheimer's disease conducted by other sponsors can serve as a contextual reference for estimates of an expected rate of decline in cognition in placebo patients:
  • In 2019, a randomized controlled trial of aducanumab (Biogen) was conducted in >1,000 patients with early Alzheimer's disease.2 In this Phase 3 study (EMERGE), patients on placebo showed a mean decline in cognition of approximately 1.4 points on ADAS-Cog13, a 6.3% decline, from baseline to month 6. Mean baseline ADAS-Cog13 score was 22.2. Mean baseline MMSE was 26.4.
  • A randomized controlled study of ARICPET (donepezil, Eisai) was conducted in >400 patients with mild-to-moderate Alzheimer's disease.3 In this Phase 3 study, patients on placebo showed a mean decline in cognition of approximately 1.9 points on ADAS-Cog, a 7.3% decline, from baseline to week 24. Mean baseline ADAS-Cog score was 26. MMSE range was 10-26.
Next Steps
Cassava Sciences believes today's data and prior clinical results support advancing simufilam into a Phase 3 clinical program in Alzheimer's disease. Initiation of a Phase 3 trial remains on schedule for 2nd half 2021.
Cassava Sciences and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently concluded a successful end-of-phase 2 (EOP2) meeting for the simufilam drug development program. Details of the EOP2 meeting will be announced Q1 2021 after official FDA meeting minutes are finalized.
Based on today's results and inbound demand from Alzheimer's patients and their caregivers, the enrollment target for the open-label study will be increased by up to 50 additional patients, to a total target of approximately 150 patients. The Company is also in discussions with its scientific and clinical advisors about other potential enhancements to the open-label program.
About Alzheimer's Disease
Alzheimer's disease is a progressive brain disorder that destroys memory and thinking skills. Currently, there are no drug therapies to halt Alzheimer's disease, much less reverse its course. In the U.S. alone, approximately 5.8 million people are currently living with Alzheimer's disease, and approximately 487,000 people age 65 or older developed Alzheimer's in 2019.4 The number of people living with Alzheimer's disease is expected to grow dramatically in the years ahead, resulting in a growing social and economic burden.5

About Simufilam
Simufilam is a proprietary, small molecule (oral) drug that restores the normal shape and function of altered filamin A (FLNA), a scaffolding protein, in the brain. Altered FLNA in the brain disrupts the normal function of neurons, leading to Alzheimer's pathology, neurodegeneration and neuroinflammation. The underlying science for simufilam is published in peer-reviewed journals, including Journal of Neuroscience, Neurobiology of Aging, Journal of Biological Chemistry, Neuroimmunology and Neuroinflammation and Journal of Prevention of Alzheimer's Disease.
Cassava Sciences is also developing an investigational diagnostic, called SavaDx, to detect Alzheimer's disease with a simple blood test.
Simufilam and SavaDx were both developed in-house. Both product candidates are substantially funded by peer-review research grant awards from the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Cassava Sciences owns worldwide development and commercial rights to its research programs in Alzheimer's disease, and related technologies, without royalty obligations to any third party.

B&I Key:
cageybee77
AG
Pretty narrow market. Important but narrow.
First Page Last Page
Page 3046 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.