Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,035,614 Views | 231635 Replies | Last: 30 min ago by ProgN
ramblin_ag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody know what happened with SPCE today? It's up 32% in a day. I'm not complaining, but I wish I knew why. As thanks for future answers, it's a great model T candidate when it loses momentum. I don't play shorts or puts, but you guys have fun
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FJ43
$BFT will a bump AH to $17. Would love a gap up in the morning on this one. To $20 wouldn't make me cry.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

irish pete ag06
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

ClutchCityAg said:

close below 3775 was meaningful folks.
What makes it meaningful?

I have been following the Mancini guy (twitter account with great levels on S&P) who was saying today that holding 3720 and then chop between 3720 and 3770 area would be good signs for further move up in coming days.

Thanks for your added input, always looking for more good analysis

Close below 21 EMA

This is an indicator that a lot of people use to sell, correct?
astroaggie13
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

ClutchCityAg said:

I have been following the Mancini guy (twitter account with great levels on S&P) who was saying today that holding 3720 and then chop between 3720 and 3770 area would be good signs for further move up in coming days.

Close below 21 EMA

It's an indication that the equity isn't trending upwards if it's not holding the 8 or 21D moving average. Above 8 is very bullish, 21 means the trend is still intact. This being the SPY is indicative of overall market sentiment, not just one stock. This doesn't mean sell, but alot of people reduce risk at this point because there's just as much probability of going down as there is up, generally speaking. It depends on what you are trading as to what you might do.
Gig em Stros
TxAG#2011
SNDL seems like an extremely crowded trade right now. It's being shilled almost everywhere I look.
leoj
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Anybody know what happened with SPCE today? It's up 32% in a day. I'm not complaining, but I wish I knew why. As thanks for future answers, it's a great model T candidate when it loses momentum. I don't play shorts or puts, but you guys have fun

News/continued progress on test flights
AgEE10
BourbonAg
AG
Just checking my math here. If I had 100 shares of WWR at 6.94/share and sell a $5 Feb 19 put for .35, then if it gets executed, I would be buying 100 shares at essentially a $4.65/share cost (with the corresponding decrease in $/share for all of my shares) and, if not, then I just lowered my cost per share of my initial 100 to $6.59/share?
BrokeAssAggie
FJ43 said:

$BFT will a bump AH to $17. Would love a gap up in the morning on this one. To $20 wouldn't make me cry.

I added to my 2/19 calls
irish pete ag06
AG
astroaggie13 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Close below 21 EMA

It's an indication that the equity isn't trending upwards if it's not holding the 8 or 21D moving average. Above 8 is very bullish, 21 means the trend is still intact. This being the SPY is indicative of overall market sentiment, not just one stock. This doesn't mean sell, but alot of people reduce risk at this point because there's just as much probability of going down as there is up, generally speaking. It depends on what you are trading as to what you might do.
I really appreciate that succinct response to this. I've googled and read up on the importance of EMAs but this really clicks and makes sense.
Colt98
AG
you will be sold WWR at 5 and get to keep the premium. Now you wil own 200 shares.
backintexas2013
AG
XL with a good AH
BourbonAg
AG
Right, which I think is what I figured into my math. Thanks! Seems like a no brainer if I am comfortable owning the shares at that price.
astroaggie13
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

astroaggie13 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Close below 21 EMA

I really appreciate that succinct response to this. I've googled and read up on the importance of EMAs but this really clicks and makes sense.

Scott Redler focuses alot on this, that's where I got my explanation mostly. He pimps his "ebook" on moving averages alot. He also has a popular twitter account and free morning video. If you are looking for more information like that question you asked then I suggest you spend some time listening to what he has to say. Obviously you won't trade like he does, but there are good tools to learn. Here's a link.. look at the free stuff. I don't suggest doing his pay stuff if you are still building a foundation of understanding. https://secure.t3live.com/scott-redler-all-access-typ-slp/

Gig em Stros
FJ43
CrazyRichAggie said:

FJ43 said:

I added to my 2/19 calls

Are you in the Feb 20s?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Serious question - how are we planning to use the Discord channel and this thread? I can't be the only one that can't manage both.

Edit: to state my preference, Discord.
FJ43

Serious question - how are we planning to use the Discord channel and this thread? I can't be the only one that can't manage both.

Was thinking same thing after I joined mid day today trying to flip back and forth.. Not sure I want to try and but would for sure read both periodically at a minimum.

Add Twitter on top of that and it gets a bit busy.

backintexas2013
AG
I vote discord
Mostly Foggy Recollection
I am, and bought about 1/10 of the volume today on those calls in addition to picking up a couple thousand shares and selling some puts. Big believer on BFT after doing some DD on their executive team and paysafe.
Guitarsoup
AG

I will spend more time on Discord. I can more easily search it, more easily flip back and forth between this group and the Atlas group and the Sapphire group.

Will still spend time on both, but Discord is a better set up for this type of information thread on both mobile and desktop.
irish pete ag06
AG
astroaggie13 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

astroaggie13 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Close below 21 EMA

Scott Redler focuses alot on this, that's where I got my explanation mostly. He pimps his "ebook" on moving averages alot. He also has a popular twitter account and free morning video. If you are looking for more information like that question you asked then I suggest you spend some time listening to what he has to say. Obviously you won't trade like he does, but there are good tools to learn. Here's a link.. look at the free stuff. I don't suggest doing his pay stuff if you are still building a foundation of understanding. https://secure.t3live.com/scott-redler-all-access-typ-slp/

Thank you sir. Will definitely check it out!
Wait, did I miss this board was forming a Discord channel?
Guitarsoup
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Wait, did I miss this board was forming a Discord channel?
https://discord.gg/733JMSYh
FJ43

I am, and bought about 1/10 of the volume today on those calls in addition to picking up a couple thousand shares and selling some puts. Big believer on BFT after doing some DD on their executive team and paysafe.
I got a position started and sold some puts but probably should do a bit more of both. I also am in the Feb 20s but approached as a trade not to exercise shares.

CheladaAg
AG
It is easier to manage this thread if we can keep the thread clean. I think it is getting a bit hard to follow with the number of new folks that comes with the additional interjections and repetitive discussions to get new people up to speed on things. All in all I'm fine with it to help fellow Ags out which is the ultimate reason for the thread. But if I had it my way, I'd keep the the side talk in discord and keep the meaty discussion on this thread.
Thank you for the invite.
ag94whoop
AG

where so you see BFT going in short term?

I have maybe $15-20k in them @$15 and I am trying to decide whether to play the short swing or wait.
If the wait is too long, I generally make more money swinging multiple times that one long hit. but depends on the expected growth. If we are talking going to $30 by March or April I would probably just stay in. If its $18 tomorrow or $22 in March I short term swing.
BrokeAssAggie
FJ43 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

FJ43 said:

I added to my 2/19 calls

Are you in the Feb 20s?

$17.50
trip98
AG
yeah so I'm not ashamed to admit I'm 45 and I have no idea what Discord is. But I'm hearing it more and more related to WSB and this thread.
please enlighten this middle aged (almost old) Ag
tsuag10
AG
I might be in the minority, but I think it might be the right thing to do to keep the majority of the conversation on this thread. OA started the thread here on TA and it has been one of the best, most welcoming threads I've ever seen on this site.

I don't have anything against discord, I would just hate to see this thread miss a lot of the valuable information shared here that so many of us learn from. I also think we've picked up a lot of new followers to this thread as of late.

Just my $0.02
I think the low 20s is a safe bet by the end of Q1. That could come soon, to be honest.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think we need a vote from some of the big contributors (apologies if I missed anyone):

• OA
  • McFly
  • Prog
  • Ranger
  • Foggy
  • FJ
  • Thunder
  • Brew

I like the idea of Ags helping Ags. I'm personally open to either. I just don't want to miss good ideas and I don't want the community to split. Specific to TA, I think we should consider asking for staff to make certain posts more visible.
YNWA_AG
AG
OA said he's not leaving this thread months ago when the slack was created.
The slack is dead and this thread is more alive than ever
TexasAg2017
AG
I like this thread as I can go back and reread the 10+ pages I missed today. Discord makes that tough, but I like discord for quick questions and confirmations.

Texags definitely makes it easier to flesh out complex questions and post in depth DD.
txaggie_08
AG
tsuag10 said:

I might be in the minority, but I think it might be the right thing to do to keep the majority of the conversation on this thread. OA started the thread here on TA and it has been one of the best, most welcoming threads I've ever seen on this site.

I don't have anything against discord, I would just hate to see this thread miss a lot of the valuable information shared here that so many of us learn from. I also think we've picked up a lot of new followers to this thread as of late.

Just my $0.02

I'm an insignificant contributor to this thread, but I'm with you. I would rather conversation stay here. I'm not going to download another app and have something else to watch. After all that's happened the past few months I've been actively working to delete as many apps as possible, don't want to add one.
First Page Last Page
Page 3040 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.