Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,049,432 Views | 231657 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by Cru
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dan Scott said:

Opening move is down for S&P futures. 3650 seems like a magnet and then well see if they take us down to 3600.

I may be overreacting but read a lot this weekend about the backend of the market. It is wounded right now and could trigger another financial crisis. Margin debt is at all-time highs.

So much for an apple pop.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Philip J Fry
AG
bigcat22 said:

Don't want to be reactionary, but I'm tempted to unwind a lot of positions tomorrow and go heavy cash until the meme mania settles

I did that very thing at the beginning of the year after the Jan 6 shenanigans.
backintexas2013
AG
I am predicting a rebound tomorrow. Futures going to come back.
Mostly Foggy Recollection

Cartographer
I'm stoked for the coming correction.

Bring on the red days!
cageybee77
AG
I'm looking for buying opportunities myself.
LarryL
McInnis 03 said:

If we can get an instant pop of AAPL to 135 I may remain in a good mood all week
100% same
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
SPY - should it punch through 364, likely to see 358 during the week. If closes sub 364 Monday, 358 is Tuesday. If 358 is in the cards, my calcs project 119-123 AAPL. We'll see,...
Colt98
AG
Well early it looks like the spy hedge will off set what appl does to us tomorrow.
Dan Scott
AG
If anybody wants to see a bunch of Model T's, the 1 minute $ES chart is beautiful right now.
backintexas2013
AG
It's a long way till morning. Let's see if it can continue to bounce back.
McKinney Ag69
AG
If physical silver is squeezed by retail investors, is there any concern about banks collapsing? They have been manipulating the silver market for decades and would probably have to pay trillions to cover their positions if an Ounce of silver hits triple digits. Also Citadel owns a ton of SLV, so they could be behind the pump to try and recoup some of their losses. Screw em.
98PercenterAg
AG
Anyone planning to buy SPY Puts at open tomorrow? Which ones are you looking at if so?
FbgTxAg
AG
98percenterr said:

Anyone planning to buy SPY Puts at open tomorrow? Which ones are you looking at if so?

I'll be buying 2/12 120 AAPL puts in the morning
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
BrokeAssAggie
98percenterr said:

I have been buying spy puts on Green Day's
gig em 02
Y'all need to watch out for the printers this week, if everyone thinks we are going to crash that's the perfect time to catch some bears before we really dive in 4-6 weeks
McInnis 03
AG
Challenger 17 said:

If physical silver is squeezed by retail investors, is there any concern about banks collapsing? They have been manipulating the silver market for decades and would probably have to pay trillions to cover their positions if an Ounce of silver hits triple digits. Also Citadel owns a ton of SLV, so they could be behind the pump to try and recoup some of their losses. Screw em.

This is exactly what happened. Citadel bots infiltrated wsb and convinced then they could squeeze silver
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3

Ahem....
bmks270
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Challenger 17 said:

This is exactly what happened. Citadel bots infiltrated wsb and convinced then they could squeeze silver

Everything these days seems to be fake propaganda. It has become impossible to trust any source or media report.

Engine10
AG
Has Asia BTFD?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
aggies4life said:

Any one able have access to the CNBC pro article: Ark Invest's Cathie Wood says stocks are not in a bubble and neither are her fund's top holdings...

I haven't listened yet, but she was on the recent "We study billionaires" podcast.

https://www.theinvestorspodcast.com/we-study-billionaires/
Colt98
AG
SPX futures showing you new guys exactly what model T is all about tonight.
jj9000
AG
All this pessimism around here and the Market opens green tomorrow.
ag94whoop
AG
jj9000 said:

This week will probably look good

Correction will likely happen in next 30-60 days. It may be 10%, it may be 35-40-%. The shape of the recovery and timeline is what I'm interested in and what the volatility will look like and the stocks to play the volatility.
khaos288
AG
ag94whoop said:

jj9000 said:

Correction will likely happen in next 30-60 days. It may be 10%, it may be 35-40-%. The shape of the recovery and timeline is what I'm interested in and what the volatility will look like and the stocks to play the volatility.

I'm always curious. If we go up 10% in the next 60 days, what is the timeline to drop 10% and call it a correction?

I've felt like the market was heavy for what seems like ever, but if I were sidelined this whole time I'd have made no money.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
6/13 of the last mondays has been a gap up. the gap from Friday on ES has already been filled (3696). 55 EMA holding so far.

backintexas2013
AG
VIX has been interesting to watch
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Silver futures. Notice volume for this time of day. Candle currently in a gravestone doji, but too early to say that.

Looks like short interest is 12-14%. Finviz doesn't have it.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
VIX futures spiked on Wednesday. Thurs/Fri both lower in volume. Watching with interest.

bmks270
AG
khaos288 said:

ag94whoop said:

jj9000 said:

I'm always curious. If we go up 10% in the next 60 days, what is the timeline to drop 10% and call it a correction?

I've felt like the market was heavy for what seems like ever, but if I were sidelined this whole time I'd have made no money.

Most data supports the never sell philosophy. Still requires diversification across some non correlated sectors to reduce sector risk (don't want to be a dotcom bag holder for a decade).

Right now I think most of the risk is in large cap growth, but revenues still look strong. Right now the only shift I'm thinking of making is selling SPYG and putting it into individual stocks or another ETF or stocks.
New to this?

No one was forecasting a dive off the cliff tomorrow. Most of us still believe we melt up for the near term especially during earnings.

But the minute you hear Biden declaring a National Emergency on Climate Change, I suggest you get ready because what's coming in the EO behind it will be UGLY and extremely Ugly for Texas.

Markets will react.... poorly.

Even without this action, we are on borrowed time for a correction, but the severity will be far less if he doesn't go full dumbass on CC.
backintexas2013
AG
So VIX was up early tonight and now down a little. What are your thoughts?
khaos288
AG
bmks270 said:

khaos288 said:

ag94whoop said:

jj9000 said:

Most data supports the never sell philosophy. Still requires diversification across some non correlated sectors to reduce sector risk (don't want to be a dotcom bag holder for a decade).

Right now I think most of the risk is in large cap growth, but revenues still look strong. Right now the only shift I'm thinking of making is selling SPYG and putting it into individual stocks or another ETF or stocks.

Makes sense. Im heavy in TAN, ARKK, ARKG, and some individual stocks. I'll probably liquidate the individuals soon, and put some cash in the pocket for a dip. It's been such a run lately, it's hard not to book some.
gig em 02
backintexas2013 said:

So VIX was up early tonight and now down a little. What are your thoughts?
"If you arent trading futures then dont pay attention to them" Irish (RIP)
gig em 02
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

New to this?

No one was forecasting a dive off the cliff tomorrow. Most of us still believe we melt up for the near term especially during earnings.

But the minute you hear Biden declaring a National Emergency on Climate Change, I suggest you get ready because what's coming in the EO behind it will be UGLY and extremely Ugly for Texas.

Markets will react.... poorly.

Even without this action, we are on borrowed time for a correction, but the severity will be far less if he doesn't go full dumbass on CC.
Hopefully what follows is an enormous number of lawsuits in key judges courtrooms. Next will be declaring gun violence a national emergency.
First Page Last Page
Page 3023 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.