Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,050,907 Views | 231664 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by I bleed maroon
FbgTxAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

aggies4life said:

@$30,000 Millionaire

Can you do one of your charts on Apple with all the resistance/support lines if it isn't too much to ask. Love your charts.

And btw, you killed it on the sunw chart, it jumped up that following Monday and he made out like a bandit at the top....now it's where you said it would probably fall to $18.

As always, thank you!

Glad your friend did well on SUNW. That's great news and congratulations! I hope he tipped you for the solid advice.

I'm not at home, but yes, I will post an Apple chart (I'm a long time shareholder and I'm in the same play you all are).

Is there anything else you all want to see? I will also do SNDL.

Can you do NKE (Nike)?
I've seen you ask this a few times. My guess is this board is 90% anti-nike, so I dunno if you are gonna get an answer.

Personally, I'm not buying their stuff or their stock. But you do you.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Guitarsoup
AG
CPDAggie10 said:

aggies4life said:

FJ43 said:

Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

I'm an IBKR and TDA/TOS person .

I like IBKR because I can trade any exchange at all hours and their currency trading setup is fun.

Never tried on TDA/TOS, but I like the TOS platform. Really well done.
Ditto on this. Both. Moving more to IBKR each week.

To both of you: Do the fees seem to add up on ibkr?

Also, do the non market hours trades made actually go through when placed or until the exchanges open?

I have ally and tda and was thinking of closing my ally and moving it to tda or ibkr....

You really need to be able to trade AHs.

Take PHUN for example yesterday it closed at $2.08 but ran all the way to nearly $3 in the after hours, allowing many on here to achieve net free status and others I'm sure were already net free and sold shares that they had re-bought for big profits. It was fairly obvious it was going to run after hours when the volume started coming in later in the day, but if you can't trade outside normal hours you miss the opportunities to make big profits.

I recommend get off Robinhood they are a mess. Watch CEO interview on CNBC from the other day, he was a deer in the headlights and it sounds like they are in a jam. Maybe I'm wrong.

I use TDAmeritrade/TOS and like it. Mobile TOS phone app is great. But I do have on my list to set up an IBKG account cause I hear great things.
On TDA/TOS, can you use either app - like flip back and forth with the same stocks/balances/etc? I mainly use mobile, since my work computer is super locked down and don't always have computer access.
CPDAggie10
AG
Yes you can use either for making trades. I personally use TOS for charting and just use TDA for executing a trade typically. But I'm still a newb and learning TOS.

My work computer won't support TOS desktop app. So I keep TDA open on work computer and I have my personal computer open with TOS on it. I am fortunate to still be working from home, I don't know what I will do if they ever make us go back.

The TOS mobile app is very user friendly and easy to make trades imo.
Colt98
AG
I use TOS mobile almost exclusively do to always being in my truck. I will be opening an IBRK acct soon to be able to trade longer after hours that TD doesn't allow. I was able to go net free on PHUN after hours the other day on TD. I did miss the CIDM AH net free a few weeks ago bc it was past the TD trading time, I believe it was 4 am and TD wont start until 6.
Colt98
AG
I hate trading from the TD regular web site. It sucks big time if you are trading options.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
A hilarious amount of eagles.
FJ43
FbgTxAg said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

aggies4life said:

@$30,000 Millionaire

Can you do one of your charts on Apple with all the resistance/support lines if it isn't too much to ask. Love your charts.

And btw, you killed it on the sunw chart, it jumped up that following Monday and he made out like a bandit at the top....now it's where you said it would probably fall to $18.

As always, thank you!

Glad your friend did well on SUNW. That's great news and congratulations! I hope he tipped you for the solid advice.

I'm not at home, but yes, I will post an Apple chart (I'm a long time shareholder and I'm in the same play you all are).

Can you do NKE (Nike)?
I've seen you ask this a few times. My guess is this board is 90% anti-nike, so I dunno if you are gonna get an answer.

Same for me. Cleansed our house of it a few years ago. Our son is LEO/SWAT so I have a bias I suppose. I get to vote two ways in life, the voting booth and with my bank account. Only one of them may actually be counted anymore. I don't need or want to buy anything Nike. There are WAY too many other things to buy or make money off of.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
FbgTxAg said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

aggies4life said:

@$30,000 Millionaire

As always, thank you!

Can you do NKE (Nike)?

I like Nike stock. I don't have an emotional attachment to anything that I trade.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$AAPL. You don't want to see it get below $128. It cleanly rejected the daily 34 EMA, which is good. Ideal scenario is above $133 on a closing basis on Monday. You can see that it is in a cup formation, so it could complete its cup and move upwards. Major resistance at $125

Dan Scott
AG
So what are the chances there is a a coordinated run on a brokerage firm like RH where they won't be able to meet their deposit requirements and it creating a ripple effect to other brokerages forcing a bailout or everybody loses their money up to $500K.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$NKE. Clear rejection of 89 EMA. I really wish I had bought this in the hole. This has a confirmed reversal and it is oversold. Be on the lookout for second goalpost on volume. I think this looks great if it can clear $136. It is following the market, so be mindful of that. Mean reversion of 138 is a reasonable target if you enter now. If this gets momentum, target $147. If you're doing calls, plan a couple months out. $131 stop.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Colt98 said:

So with spy starting to break. I guess we are going to start looking for down side plays?? Question. I have spy puts and vix calls. Sold some to go net free on them Friday. I wish I had more hedge than I do. Should I look for shorter time hedge on Monday? Looks like we will see low 360's this next week.

Oh and I was only able to get to 20% cash this week. Most money in MA stocks withCC which I did buy back some of these this week. With surgery on Friday I wasn't able to do much.

Good question. For those of you with more experience playing downside (Irish, Clay, Daniel, $30k, and of course OA) what is your general thought here? Are we guessing too much and we need to wait to see which way the market moves and then jump on that side and watch closely for reversals? If someone is looking for less active trading on this market what are your thoughts? Is it sit out if you don't have the time to watch closely? Last question - would you sell off recent acquisition shares that you still like long term, like MGNI, MBIO, and FUBO, or even long-term holdings if this creates large taxable events? Or do you hold tight on those still? I've taken decent losses the last two days even after pairing back quite a bit. I'm not sure if I should sell more or if I'd be selling at the bottom and owing tax losses. In short - am I doing this right?

Couple quick thoughts.

1) shorting is really f'ing hard.
2) people panic at downward pride movement and so the moves tend to be extreme
3) there is always a bull market somewhere. Metals, crypto, forex, etc.
4) OTM wide butterflies are a cheap way to hedge with a 10:1 reward to risk ratio. Realistically you can hope for 300%. Still good
5) you can use collars to protect what you have. Sell covered calls and use the premium to buy puts.
6) I don't think this is the big dump. I think that starts in Q3. It will be a long, slow grind down. Do not be surprised if we end the year at 3500 or less. I'm not in the bear heaven <2000 camp.
7) watch 3680 and 3730. If 3680 has a close below it, we are going to 3600 or lower. It is possible to go to 3900 if we get above 3730. Once we get to 3900, be prepared for a grind down.
So... I'd like to talk through my own experience with EXPR to see if I follow.

So I sold the FEB 19 21 $5 for $1.34 the day before EXPR went parabolic. While it was parabolic, would it have been a good idea to buy puts to create a collar like you mentioned?

I bought them back yesterday for a big loss, but I still hold the EXPR stock for a big profit.

All this was happening net free by the way, so it's been a hell of a learning experience.
I probably would have done nothing on your calls and considered buying a put while EXPR was so high and you could get it cheaply. Smarter move may have been to roll your covered call to something while EXPR was in the $13 range. don't be surprised if this comes back down to earth in the $3 range.
agdaddy04
AG
Can you explain what you mean by you don't want to see AAPL below 128?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Draw a line at $128 and see all the previous support at that level. If it breaks that support, it has further to fall.
Guitarsoup
AG

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$WWR. This has reverted to the mean, which is what all stocks that hit +3 ATR do. it's holding the breakout (I marked this two weeks ago for you all). I consider the stock to be in consolidation again. This is a good thing. Quite possible it goes to $5. If it does, I'm backing the truck up.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$CLOV. Daily squeeze, look at that volume! holding $14 support really well. Do you see the model T from the first breakout? To the moon.

FJ43

$WWR. This has reverted to the mean, which is what all stocks that hit +3 ATR do. it's holding the breakout (I marked this two weeks ago for you all). I consider the stock to be in consolidation again. This is a good thing. Quite possible it goes to $5. If it does, I'm backing the truck up.

If this goes to $5 they may have to give the TexAgs posse a wing in their building as share holders the following week.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

agdaddy04
AG
Thanks.
FJ43

$CLOV. Daily squeeze, look at that volume! holding $14 support really well. Do you see the model T from the first breakout? To the moon.

Thanks for all the charts 30k.
I really like the action on this one. Just one good announcement, contract, etc and this thing in my opinion will take off and have a steady climb to who knows what level.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$SNDL. Daily squeeze, look at that volume goal post!! Hold on to your big girl panties. Distinct possibility that this launches on Monday. This could really go, I don't know what to suggest as a target, so if this goes, start scaling out above $1.5 or sell rich covered calls. Be careful and don't be a dumbass on this one. This is getting pumped, and sometimes diamond hands works out, sometimes it doesn't. So go net free and buckle up.

agdaddy04
AG
Thanks. Bought some on Friday so will definitely load up some more at that level.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Agreed. I will sell thousands of puts if this gets to 5.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$FUBO. Cup and handle, elevated volume, high short interest. You know what can happen in a Zack Attack. I'm in this, but don't bet the farm.

FJ43

$SNDL. Daily squeeze, look at that volume goal post!! Hold on to your big girl panties. Distinct possibility that this launches on Monday. This could really go, I don't know what to suggest as a target, so if this goes, start scaling out above $1.5 or sell rich covered calls. Be careful and don't be a dumbass on this one. This is getting pumped, and sometimes diamond hands works out, sometimes it doesn't. So go net free and buckle up.

This may be my most important trade of the week to execute well. Hard to believe much/most of this chart was created before any pump. This set up is ripe to explode. Rationally or irrationally.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$AMZN I'm still in my 3320/3380 feb 19 call vertical, but I need to see upward action this week (and I will decide whether or not to hold through earnings). If they announce a split, you'll be sad you aren't in the move. Maybe consider a lotto. Otherwise, I don't see anything remarkable in the pattern. It held that 3180 support, which is good. Needs to get over 3250 or so to be viable. If this clears 3350, it is going to soar.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$ROKU. Mean reversion. This needs to consolidate before it goes upward. I guess in theory, this could be a bull flag, but it would be getting long in the tooth if it was and volume / momentum is declining. If anything, it is a short the way it's looking now. Maybe target 370 if you do that. Overall, I don't consider this a high probability setup and I won't trade it.

gig em 02
Troy91 said:

Schwab didn't crash one time for me using Street Smart Edge.

What are you using to access Schwab?
So you were able to trade between 830 and 9 am every day this week? Now I really hate them.
CPDAggie10
AG

irish pete ag06 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Colt98 said:

So with spy starting to break. I guess we are going to start looking for down side plays?? Question. I have spy puts and vix calls. Sold some to go net free on them Friday. I wish I had more hedge than I do. Should I look for shorter time hedge on Monday? Looks like we will see low 360's this next week.

Oh and I was only able to get to 20% cash this week. Most money in MA stocks withCC which I did buy back some of these this week. With surgery on Friday I wasn't able to do much.

Good question. For those of you with more experience playing downside (Irish, Clay, Daniel, $30k, and of course OA) what is your general thought here? Are we guessing too much and we need to wait to see which way the market moves and then jump on that side and watch closely for reversals? If someone is looking for less active trading on this market what are your thoughts? Is it sit out if you don't have the time to watch closely? Last question - would you sell off recent acquisition shares that you still like long term, like MGNI, MBIO, and FUBO, or even long-term holdings if this creates large taxable events? Or do you hold tight on those still? I've taken decent losses the last two days even after pairing back quite a bit. I'm not sure if I should sell more or if I'd be selling at the bottom and owing tax losses. In short - am I doing this right?

Couple quick thoughts.

1) shorting is really f'ing hard.
2) people panic at downward pride movement and so the moves tend to be extreme
3) there is always a bull market somewhere. Metals, crypto, forex, etc.
4) OTM wide butterflies are a cheap way to hedge with a 10:1 reward to risk ratio. Realistically you can hope for 300%. Still good
5) you can use collars to protect what you have. Sell covered calls and use the premium to buy puts.
6) I don't think this is the big dump. I think that starts in Q3. It will be a long, slow grind down. Do not be surprised if we end the year at 3500 or less. I'm not in the bear heaven <2000 camp.
7) watch 3680 and 3730. If 3680 has a close below it, we are going to 3600 or lower. It is possible to go to 3900 if we get above 3730. Once we get to 3900, be prepared for a grind down.
So... I'd like to talk through my own experience with EXPR to see if I follow.

So I sold the FEB 19 21 $5 for $1.34 the day before EXPR went parabolic. While it was parabolic, would it have been a good idea to buy puts to create a collar like you mentioned?

I bought them back yesterday for a big loss, but I still hold the EXPR stock for a big profit.

All this was happening net free by the way, so it's been a hell of a learning experience.
I probably would have done nothing on your calls and considered buying a put while EXPR was so high and you could get it cheaply. Smarter move may have been to roll your covered call to something while EXPR was in the $13 range. don't be surprised if this comes back down to earth in the $3 range.

I agree. I sold March and Feb $6 CCs on EXPR that I'm way down on, but I'm going to hold onto them as I think the stock will start some consolidation and I can buy them back for a good trade or let them expire worthless. That's always the plan.

Plenty of time and premium decay is always on your side.
CPDAggie10
AG
I feel like I sell $5 puts on WWR every time it has a down day. Feb, March, April, May. Give me them all!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG

A hilarious amount of eagles.

Nice, now you can get out all your coins and play scrooge mcduck!
FJ43
CPDAggie10 said:

I feel like I sell $5 puts on WWR every time it has a down day. Feb, March, April, May. Give me them all!

Agree. Sold a bunch of a May $5 puts late last week on the dip. Too much fun.

djmeen95
AG
FJ43 said:

CPDAggie10 said:

Ok. So still getting confused on calls and puts.

In the example above, let's see if I get this... you own WWR stock?

As the price drops, you sell $5 PUTS on a portion of your holdings. Which means someone pays you a fee (which you pocket immediately) for the right to sell some of your shares at a $5 price point?

Which means they then have to also pay you $5/share for those stocks? Or they give you back the stocks they sell?

There's where I get lost.

Because if the cost of the shares never hits $5, then.... what happens?

You keep the premium and everyone walks away and you keep the shares?

Sigh - I'm pretty sure I got that wrong.

Really struggling with this concept.

gig em 02
djmeen95 said:

FJ43 said:

CPDAggie10 said:

Ok. So still getting confused on calls and puts.

In the example above, let's see if I get this... you own WWR stock?

As the price drops, you sell $5 PUTS on a portion of your holdings. Which means someone pays you a fee (which you pocket immediately) for the right to sell some of your shares at a $5 price point?

Which means they then have to also pay you $5/share for those stocks? Or they give you back the stocks they sell?

There's where I get lost.

Because if the cost of the shares never hits $5, then.... what happens?

You keep the premium and everyone walks away and you keep the shares?

Sigh - I'm pretty sure I got that wrong.

Really struggling with this concept.

If you sell a put that means you have to buy the stock if the price is below the strike.

If you sell February 5 $5 puts for WWR and the price is $4, then you have to buy 100 shares for $5 each. If the price is $6 then you pocket the premium.

Investopedia has some really simplified explanations for a lot of the concepts discussed here. I don't care if people ask, but Investopedia is a really great resource.
ProgN
You "sell to open" WWR $5 puts: you immediately get the premium and you're obligated to buy WWR @5 if it's below 5 on expiration. If it's not you pocket premium.

When you own the stock you can "sell to open" calls above the price it's currently trading. This covers your position and you get the premium immediately, but you can't sell the covered stock without closing out your covered calls, until the covered call expires and your position is no longer covered.

Hope that helps a bit.
First Page Last Page
Page 3018 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.