Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,050,681 Views | 231663 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by EnronAg
spud1910
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oldarmy1 said:

For those who care to make donations I've been holding this one back. Mainly because I had work to cover his transplant and wanted to see just how many surgeries he could endure.

He's in number 7 and you wouldn't think he has a hangnail. He'll never ask for money and I had to talk his brother into setting this up. Kenny says the Lord has always provided. Well, that's true but I told him there just might be a plan behind that faith.

Appreciate the consideration.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/kenneth-brown-medical-bills?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_lico%2Bupdate
Done. Praying for this family too.
docaggie
AG
Prog's right, it's ($AMC) totally jumped the rails on any sort of logical reasoning for the stock price.

Several of us had gotten into it before the madness started, on the thesis that it could recover over the next couple of years from a price of $2 to maybe $6-8 as theater volume came back in. I still imagine that's a valid thought once it returns to being half the price of a Starbucks coffee.

Take your gains. Anything you leave in these names right now (GME, KOSS, AMC) is pure gambling at the moment, IMO.

The other thing is that a lot of people think that it's going to be like GME due to the short %. I just saw an article that discussed how a company converted some of the debt AMC had with them (to the tune of $600M) into shares, which they have sold over this last week. Net profit was something like $122 million. AMC has issued a lot of debt since COVID started; I have no idea how many other companies can or could be doing this with their accumulated debt.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FJ43
oldarmy1 said:

For those who care to make donations I've been holding this one back. Mainly because I had work to cover his transplant and wanted to see just how many surgeries he could endure.

He's in number 7 and you wouldn't think he has a hangnail. He'll never ask for money and I had to talk his brother into setting this up. Kenny says the Lord has always provided. Well, that's true but I told him there just might be a plan behind that faith.

Appreciate the consideration.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/kenneth-brown-medical-bills?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_lico%2Bupdate

Done
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

leoj
AG
Chef Elko
AG
I'm "pumped" lol. Indeed
Guitarsoup
AG
I've always been on Robinhood.

Sell me on another one or daily/swing trading:
* TD Ameritrade
* E*Trade
* Interactive Brokers
* WeBull
* Merrill
* Schwab

Ease of use for making dumbass trades is paramount.
Bird Poo
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Let me guess. Bombshell?

Been there done that!
FJ43
BREwmaster said:

FJ43 said:

Is this one of 'their' next targets? Read the responses including OA's.
Yes, Atlas is going to hit this one hard soon. I think they will follow money into it though, not create the first volume boom. I think they also follow the WSB room and watch what they are planning to play.
I am struggling on my plan on this one. After trades and working this I have just under 10,000 shares now and 60 options contracts that were originally planned as a trade. I'll come up with one before the open Monday but if it doesn't run after the open at 4am EST, I will be buying more. In the event of no quick run I still love the chart setup and may sell some covered calls by mid week against the new share buys.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Mostly Foggy Recollection
I'm an IBKR and TDA/TOS person .

I like IBKR because I can trade any exchange at all hours and their currency trading setup is fun.

Never tried on TDA/TOS, but I like the TOS platform. Really well done.
FJ43
Guitarsoup said:

* TD Ameritrade
* E*Trade
* Interactive Brokers
* WeBull
* Merrill
* Schwab

What time can you start trading? Are they significantly limiting how you can 'spend' you money?

In my opinion I'm not sure there isn't any on the list above that isn't an upgrade.

gig em 02
Guitarsoup said:

* TD Ameritrade
* E*Trade
* Interactive Brokers
* WeBull
* Merrill
* Schwab

When robinhood becomes insolvent and declares bankruptcy in the next month your account will be locked and your money will be refunded in a couple years.

Sold yet?
FJ43
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

I like IBKR because I can trade any exchange at all hours and their currency trading setup is fun.

Ditto on this. Both. Moving more to IBKR each week.

aggies4life
AG
FJ43 said:

To both of you: Do the fees seem to add up on ibkr?

Also, do the non market hours trades made actually go through when placed or until the exchanges open?

I have ally and tda and was thinking of closing my ally and moving it to tda or ibkr....
tsuag10
AG
oldarmy1 said:

My reply was that I had just placed covered calls on a percentage and this is going to kill that plan. I am up at 3am Monday and if it hasn't jumped with big bids to start I'll be buying.
Yes. I was just pointing out that the Twitter machine is censoring - or at least hiding - some of your replies. The only explanation I have is probably because of your occasional political tweets.
Guitarsoup
AG
gig em 02 said:

Guitarsoup said:

* TD Ameritrade
* E*Trade
* Interactive Brokers
* WeBull
* Merrill
* Schwab

When robinhood becomes insolvent and declares bankruptcy in the next month your account will be locked and your money will be refunded in a couple years.

Sold yet?
I'm definitely moving. Just trying to find out where to move to. Was leaning towards TDA, but wanted to hear from the TA Collective. Or should we be called OA's Soldiers?
gig em 02
Guitarsoup said:

gig em 02 said:

Guitarsoup said:

* TD Ameritrade
* E*Trade
* Interactive Brokers
* WeBull
* Merrill
* Schwab

Sold yet?
I'm definitely moving. Just trying to find out where to move to. Was leaning towards TDA, but wanted to hear from the TA Collective. Or should we be called OA's Soldiers?

Schwab crashed every day this last week at the open, part of me thinks it was intentional because it happens consistently on days with big moves, so take that off your list.

Webull seems like robinhood part 2, I'd take them off.

Fidelity is another option I think some people use.
oldarmy1
AG
Guitarsoup said:

gig em 02 said:

Guitarsoup said:

* TD Ameritrade
* E*Trade
* Interactive Brokers
* WeBull
* Merrill
* Schwab

Sold yet?

Don't go there. I just want to be a pirate with the rest of ye mates!

As for platforms, IBKR is my favorite.
tsuag10
AG
Guitarsoup said:

* TD Ameritrade
* E*Trade
* Interactive Brokers
* WeBull
* Merrill
* Schwab

I was on RH only until a couple months ago. I have Merrill Edge (because I have Bank of America) and they are fine for executing trades on shares and basic options, but the app is pretty terrible for analysis, charts, etc.
I also have TDA and their Thinkorswim app. I can't say enough good things about TOS for analysis and charts. The desktop app is great and their mobile app is really good too. The actual TDA app is ok too.
CPDAggie10
AG
aggies4life said:

FJ43 said:

To both of you: Do the fees seem to add up on ibkr?

Also, do the non market hours trades made actually go through when placed or until the exchanges open?

I have ally and tda and was thinking of closing my ally and moving it to tda or ibkr....

You really need to be able to trade AHs.

Take PHUN for example yesterday it closed at $2.08 but ran all the way to nearly $3 in the after hours, allowing many on here to achieve net free status and others I'm sure were already net free and sold shares that they had re-bought for big profits. It was fairly obvious it was going to run after hours when the volume started coming in later in the day, but if you can't trade outside normal hours you miss the opportunities to make big profits.

I recommend get off Robinhood they are a mess. Watch CEO interview on CNBC from the other day, he was a deer in the headlights and it sounds like they are in a jam. Maybe I'm wrong.

I use TDAmeritrade/TOS and like it. Mobile TOS phone app is great. But I do have on my list to set up an IBKG account cause I hear great things.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I really like fidelity but you can't do 0dte options there. If that's important to you then I'd recommend td. I've been pretty happy with them overall, just like fidelity's interface better. Based on the interview ibkr's ceo gave the other day I'll never ever consider using them
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
In addition to my SLV entry, I just bought a bunch of physical from JM Bullion.

YOLO!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
gig em 02 said:

Webull seems like robinhood part 2, I'd take them off.

Also they're Chinese. Hard pass
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

YOLO!

ASEs? Junk? Bars? So awesome opening that heavy ass box and handling the stuff. Errbody oughta have some
I got a few sentry safes with junk silver, Morgan's and the like.

Troy91
AG
Schwab didn't crash one time for me using Street Smart Edge.

What are you using to access Schwab?
McInnis 03
AG
One of the WSB kids bought a times square billboard timeslot

Bulldog73
AG
I've tried TDA/ToS and I like the TOS interface, but there's no fractional trading, which is big for me as I like to have little snippets of things like Amazon but will likely never buy a share outright.

I got fidelity today. It doesn't seems as straightforward as TOS or RH, but it seems to have the functions I value. I'm ultra noob level.
Now that's something....
backintexas2013
AG
This keeps getting better.
docaggie
AG
On the other hand, I'm seeing where more than a few are making donations / buying Nintendos for children's hospitals. Others have related stories of selling enough to get out of debt.

It's life changing money for some of those people.

EDIT: Though I am waiting for one of them to buy the 20 foot long GameStop lit signs a dude is selling.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
One of them also bought a week of billboard on i35 somewhere between Austin and Dallas for next week
https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/l8ky8k/doing_my_part_just_bought_a_billboard_to_run_all/
Brewmaster
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Guitarsoup said:

gig em 02 said:

Guitarsoup said:

When robinhood becomes insolvent and declares bankruptcy
Sold yet?
I'm definitely moving. Just trying to find out where to move to. TA Collective. Or should we be called OA's Soldiers?

Don't go there. I just want to be a pirate with the rest of ye mates!

As for platforms, IBKR is my favorite.
here's to our first mate! I still have 1 sub, but not sure I even need it with OA's tutelage and this board's experience and help. It was a great end to 2020, here's to 2021 fattening our wallets and filling up the charities coffers!

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

aggies4life said:

@$30,000 Millionaire

Can you do one of your charts on Apple with all the resistance/support lines if it isn't too much to ask. Love your charts.

And btw, you killed it on the sunw chart, it jumped up that following Monday and he made out like a bandit at the top....now it's where you said it would probably fall to $18.

As always, thank you!

Glad your friend did well on SUNW. That's great news and congratulations! I hope he tipped you for the solid advice.

I'm not at home, but yes, I will post an Apple chart (I'm a long time shareholder and I'm in the same play you all are).

Is there anything else you all want to see? I will also do SNDL.

Can you do NKE (Nike)?
Bulldog73
AG
Apparently north of Jarrell. I wish I'd known earlier, I drove near Temple today, it would've been a short jaunt from there.
FbgTxAg
AG

YOLO!
Lol. I've got a literal shlt-ton of physical silver bars and coins. Bought em years ago when silver was 15 bucks an ounce or something like that. They just crowd my rifles in the safe.

I'm all for a silver resurgence. Make Silver Great Again!
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
First Page Last Page
Page 3017 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.