Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,052,917 Views | 231676 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
MEag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No worries! Worst case if it gets called out is a very small portion of my total ownership at a significant profit. Just dipping a pinky toe in...not diving into the deep end yet!
FJ43

Is this one of 'their' next targets? Read the responses including OA's.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Colt98
AG
What would you guys do with this( my dads acct). Bought FUBO at 28. Sold feb 15 40 for 3.65. Now CC are 10. With the possibility of FUBO to go to moon. If he does nothing he will make a little over 70% if called out. Or buy back calls costing him $6.35 and wait until it blows up. Or sell Mar $60 for $9??
Jet Black
Aggies75455 said:

Zack Morris on twitter pumping Fubo. Welcome to the new age of trading where now we know that stock should have a green Monday.

Because a dude named Zach Morris or Stewie told us.
Colt98
AG
Im actually about to drop DTV and add FUBO at my house. All my neighbors are using FUBO and love it.
Ornithopter
AG
MEag02 said:

Okay I'm doing it! I was so intimidated before with the lingo and mechanics of options, but OA's seminar has given me the confidence to finally dip my toes in. Spent today gaming out different scenarios with a stock I have seen huge gains from ($SENS) based on the wisdom I gained following this thread for 2 years. I have yet to go net free on this, but I believe in the long term prospects of the company (lot of first hand experience in this industry), and I want to hold as many shares as I can. Finally understand how covered calls can get me to my goals with very little risk! Thanks OA!!!!!!

Is there a post describing entry into SENS? It looks really intriguing based on product and valuation.

CPDAggie10
AG
Colt98 said:

What would you guys do with this( my dads acct). Bought FUBO at 28. Sold feb 15 40 for 3.65. Now CC are 10. With the possibility of FUBO to go to moon. If he does nothing he will make a little over 70% if called out. Or buy back calls costing him $6.35 and wait until it blows up. Or sell Mar $60 for $9??
I would probably roll them out and up.
Thundergon
Going through charts to see what looks good for Monday. With SPY closing right around the 50-day, have to see if we get a bounce or decline. I'll post some individual stocks I like for a day-trade on Monday. These are all day trade ideas I am looking at via calls/puts and not actual stock ownership.

$AMD

IF $AMD can break $85 to the downside, I like it short. I'll be looking at the 2/5 $84p for a day trade on Monday. AMD closed just below the monthly 5-SMA and has room to $76 which is the 10-SMA. AMD closed right at the 20-SMA/EMA weekly and has room to $74 which is the lower Bollinger Band. On the daily, AMD closed right at the 100-SMA/EMA and has room to $81.50 which is the 150-SMA/EMA. It just fired off a downside squeeze recently too. AMD has a Darvas box setup on the daily going back to 11/30 with bottom at $87.30.I like how everything aligns to the downside on it. I can't post a good chart image since it's a multichart but I have screenshotted as best I can.

Chef Elko
AG
?itemid=5222702
Madmarttigan
AG
I am in AMD and CLOV heavily and Robinhood blocking purchasing of that now too. This is ridiculous
Formerly tv1113
FJ43
tv1113 said:

I am in AMD and CLOV heavily and Robinhood blocking purchasing of that now too. This is ridiculous
This will be their end. Liquidity problem.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

MEag02
AG
No post just a stock I was looking at since I use the Dexcom product and know how much of a game changer the embedded CGM could be. The last month as been wild but like I said, it's a long hold for me and one of my prouder trades from 2020.
Bulldog73
AG
One thing about RH that I appreciated was the ability to buy fractional shares. I don't see that on TDA or ToS app unless I'm just too dense and missing it.
ebdb_bnb
Fidelity offers it.
BrokeAssAggie
tv1113 said:

Why are they blocking those?
Aggie118
AG
Anyone going to throw a few bucks at DOGE with the dip as their lotto pick?
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Lol. Sorry. I really have meant to focus on it more this past year. Apple is forcing me to do a wholesale rewrite to get it compatible with Metal. It's ultimately going to require me to redo it in C++, which isn't horrible because now I can actually make android and iOS compatible with multiplayer. It's just a **** ton of work and I'm too old to learn new languages.
Is yours the Texas 42 app?
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
ag94whoop
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

tv1113 said:

Yeah I don't get blocking CLOV
Guitarsoup
AG

List of stocks with the purchase/own limits Robinhood has in place.
Thundergon
$TSLA

This one is interesting to me. I like it short if it can take out Friday's lows, but Cathy (ARK) bought shares Friday so that could juice retail into purchasing. Monthly looks like a blow off top for January. The Weekly closed below the 5-SMA with the 10-SMA at $723. On the daily, TSLA closed below the 20-SMA/EMA and has room to $724 which is the lower Bollinger Band. So far, looking like it held short term trendline going back to November. So, depending on what Marco does Monday, it could either be a short if it breaks $780 or a long if it holds $780 and bounces. Again, posting for day/short term trades only.

ProgN
DisAg said:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the trading language. I have had a quick three day Google fu session to learn a small part of it, but some of the posts I may as well be reading San script (I am just not there yet).

I recently went in on AMC at 9.5 @ 760 shares knowing full well this was a meme stock, but if it gets from point A to point B who cares if it is a meme.

So far even if I was to sell off those shares as of Friday I would have made a good return. I have stayed in because from what information I could gather a lot of analyst thinks there are big bets on the stock hitting 40.

While I know the only rational explanation for the stock that should be worthless and was on the brink of bankruptcy to now having a positive outlook because of debt being converted to stock and more capital injections is because of a populist movement based on emotion and not rational thinking.

I am wondering IF I turn a nice profit off of this movement I am interested in rational trading based off of good research and being able to read the market or stock itself. Basically what I am asking is where should I start?

Quick note: I took a very small percentage of my liquidity that is basically doing nothing to risk investing in the AMC Reddit wave. I am not a WSB yolo trader. I have a wife and two kids to worry about, and I am back in college finishing my degree since being laid off from this covid pandemic. I am just tired of my money sitting in a savings account doing nothing. I would like to put some of it to work. Keep in mind I have Roth's, and rollovers IRA too for retirement. I am just strictly speaking to my cash on hand.

Apologies in advance if this post comes off dumb, I rarely post on forums where I am ignorant on the topic and have my hat in hand asking for advice.
All questions are welcome here and everyone wants everyone to make money, so don't be shy.

You're playing (gambling) with a rattlesnake. This is not the time to put it in the investment category. Make your gain and get out, if it drops, play the wave again because AMC still has serious issues and when this volume dries up, it will come back down to earth. Don't ride that train. It's common to take price moves as profit in your mind, but you don't book those profits until you sell.

First and foremost, start learning technical analysis. It should become a passion/obsession for you. It's not full proof, I'll never make a bad pick again answer, but it will mitigate making dumbass emotional mistakes that can be costly. It will also be the voice of reason in your head when FOMO is telling you to bet the house.

JMO, and welcome to the board. Don't be shy because in here we're all different but we all have the same goals.

Gig'em

PS.

I laughed reading your first paragraph and was reminded of this scene.

Guitarsoup
AG
Aggie118 said:

It's gonna drop a lot. Let it fall and grab it at the bottom.
TChaney
DisAg said:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the trading language. I have had a quick three day Google fu session to learn a small part of it, but some of the posts I may as well be reading San script (I am just not there yet).

I recently went in on AMC at 9.5 @ 760 shares knowing full well this was a meme stock, but if it gets from point A to point B who cares if it is a meme.

So far even if I was to sell off those shares as of Friday I would have made a good return. I have stayed in because from what information I could gather a lot of analyst thinks there are big bets on the stock hitting 40.

While I know the only rational explanation for the stock that should be worthless and was on the brink of bankruptcy to now having a positive outlook because of debt being converted to stock and more capital injections is because of a populist movement based on emotion and not rational thinking.

I am wondering IF I turn a nice profit off of this movement I am interested in rational trading based off of good research and being able to read the market or stock itself. Basically what I am asking is where should I start?

Quick note: I took a very small percentage of my liquidity that is basically doing nothing to risk investing in the AMC Reddit wave. I am not a WSB yolo trader. I have a wife and two kids to worry about, and I am back in college finishing my degree since being laid off from this covid pandemic. I am just tired of my money sitting in a savings account doing nothing. I would like to put some of it to work. Keep in mind I have Roth's, and rollovers IRA too for retirement. I am just strictly speaking to my cash on hand.

Apologies in advance if this post comes off dumb, I rarely post on forums where I am ignorant on the topic and have my hat in hand asking for advice.

Go back to page 1 of this thread and read it post by post.
There will be a few pages you could just skim but there is a wealth of information right here.

One tip - take it or leave it - If you really believe it has a run to 40.
If it gets to ~20 sell half of your shares. (or pick a ratio you are comfortable with) so you recoup your investment and can let the rest ride.
Yes you are missing out on gains if it hits big. But if it ever drops like a rock you didn't lose anything.

Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

Yes, Atlas is going to hit this one hard soon. I think they will follow money into it though, not create the first volume boom. I think they also follow the WSB room and watch what they are planning to play.
irish pete ag06
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Colt98 said:

So with spy starting to break. I guess we are going to start looking for down side plays?? Question. I have spy puts and vix calls. Sold some to go net free on them Friday. I wish I had more hedge than I do. Should I look for shorter time hedge on Monday? Looks like we will see low 360's this next week.

Oh and I was only able to get to 20% cash this week. Most money in MA stocks withCC which I did buy back some of these this week. With surgery on Friday I wasn't able to do much.

Good question. For those of you with more experience playing downside (Irish, Clay, Daniel, $30k, and of course OA) what is your general thought here? Are we guessing too much and we need to wait to see which way the market moves and then jump on that side and watch closely for reversals? If someone is looking for less active trading on this market what are your thoughts? Is it sit out if you don't have the time to watch closely? Last question - would you sell off recent acquisition shares that you still like long term, like MGNI, MBIO, and FUBO, or even long-term holdings if this creates large taxable events? Or do you hold tight on those still? I've taken decent losses the last two days even after pairing back quite a bit. I'm not sure if I should sell more or if I'd be selling at the bottom and owing tax losses. In short - am I doing this right?

Couple quick thoughts.

1) shorting is really f'ing hard.
2) people panic at downward pride movement and so the moves tend to be extreme
3) there is always a bull market somewhere. Metals, crypto, forex, etc.
4) OTM wide butterflies are a cheap way to hedge with a 10:1 reward to risk ratio. Realistically you can hope for 300%. Still good
5) you can use collars to protect what you have. Sell covered calls and use the premium to buy puts.
6) I don't think this is the big dump. I think that starts in Q3. It will be a long, slow grind down. Do not be surprised if we end the year at 3500 or less. I'm not in the bear heaven <2000 camp.
7) watch 3680 and 3730. If 3680 has a close below it, we are going to 3600 or lower. It is possible to go to 3900 if we get above 3730. Once we get to 3900, be prepared for a grind down.
So... I'd like to talk through my own experience with EXPR to see if I follow.

So I sold the FEB 19 21 $5 for $1.34 the day before EXPR went parabolic. While it was parabolic, would it have been a good idea to buy puts to create a collar like you mentioned?

I bought them back yesterday for a big loss, but I still hold the EXPR stock for a big profit.

All this was happening net free by the way, so it's been a hell of a learning experience.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

tv1113 said:

Because it's Saturday?
Thundergon
$ZM

$ZM attempted to break out of a fallen wedge pattern but got stopped at a trendline. Strong support at $365.50 that has held three days in a row. If $ZM takes out Friday's low ($359) I like it down to about $345 with potential to $338. Taking out $359 would also take out the weekly 5-SMA with room down to $323. Down to $345 would also be the top line of the fallen wedge pattern for a good bounce. If $ZM can continue to hold $368, it might be a good spot to enter long for potential rounding bottom formation on weekly chart.

tsuag10
AG
FJ43 said:

Since I deleted my Twitter, I just view tweets in the browser. OA's reply was at the very bottom and hidden behind the button that said,
"Show additional replies, including those that may contain offensive content." I'm guessing it's because he tweets Republican/Conservative things.

Honest question: How long before they start censoring any tweet about the "WSB stocks"? They've probably done it already to some extent.
CPDAggie10
AG
Aggie118 said:

how do I buy it?
Philip J Fry
AG
It is.
Thundergon
$ROKU

Last chart. $ROKU also looks like it may have put in a blow off top on the monthly chart for January. On the weekly chart, Roku closed right at the 5-SMA. It has room down to $358 which is the weekly 10-SMA. On the daily chart, Roku closed below the 20-EMA/SMA. $383.50 has held twice now, if it can take that out it has room down to around $363 with potential to $349 at the 50-EMA. The daily chart looks like a rounding top with OA's Model T at $384ish. So, if $ROKU can break below $383.50 I like it short. Gap-fill in play at $380 and short term trend line around $369 to so those would be good points to scale out and see how it reacts.

Philip J Fry
AG
Bought 25K coins (?) on Friday and almost immediately went net free. Waiting to see what happens with the 12K coins (?) I have left.

You can buy on Robinhood.
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1
AG
For those who care to make donations I've been holding this one back. Mainly because I had work to cover his transplant and wanted to see just how many surgeries he could endure.

He's in number 7 and you wouldn't think he has a hangnail. He'll never ask for money and I had to talk his brother into setting this up. Kenny says the Lord has always provided. Well, that's true but I told him there just might be a plan behind that faith.

Appreciate the consideration.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/kenneth-brown-medical-bills?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_lico%2Bupdate
oldarmy1
AG
My reply was that I had just placed covered calls on a percentage and this is going to kill that plan. I am up at 3am Monday and if it hasn't jumped with big bids to start I'll be buying.
First Page Last Page
Page 3016 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.