Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,056,276 Views | 231697 Replies | Last: 21 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Ags2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This dip can end at any time
jj9000
AG
khaos288 said:

jj9000 said:

khaos288 said:

despite being very conservatively invested, I would still count this week as my account blowing up.

Yikes beyond yikes.
Sell some puts.
I don't get the laughing face? I did sell some puts on WWR just now. Not going to change the strategy because of one bad week of meme-pocalypse.
Not laughing...but it was ironically the exact response you suggested on me buying WWR.

That's what made it kinda funny.

I got your back...bud.
McInnis 03
AG
Engine10 said:

CPDAggie10 said:

Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Hedges and volatility printing money right now
Do you take any profits right now?

I'm not pulling off any hedges, SPY at 50 day average right now. Breakdown and could see more pain. Insurance is insurance.

DO NOT CAP YOUR HEDGES IF TEHY'RE OPEN ENDED. I learned this the hardway a while back.
leoj
AG
Ags2013 said:

This dip can end at any time

Won't be today
khaos288
AG
jj9000 said:

khaos288 said:

jj9000 said:

khaos288 said:

despite being very conservatively invested, I would still count this week as my account blowing up.

Yikes beyond yikes.
Sell some puts.
I don't get the laughing face? I did sell some puts on WWR just now. Not going to change the strategy because of one bad week of meme-pocalypse.
Not laughing...but it was ironically the exact response you suggested on me buying WWR.

That's what made it kinda funny.

I got your back...bud.
Gotcha, yeah I definitely believe in WWR long term, and sold puts to take my initial position. I've flipped covered calls a half dozen times on that set to get my cost basis below 4$.

If I end up with 500 more shares next month, I'll be happy.
Ags2013
AG
That CLOV $14 support <3
mc_shipman
$GILD. Holding up pleasantly all things considered.
McInnis 03
AG
I'm not buying here, just watching.
AgEng06
AG
You can sell WWR $5 May puts for $1.55. Odds are they will expire worthless, so you're just booking premium here, and if they don't you're in for $3.45.
AgShaun00
AG
AgEng06 said:

You can sell WWR $5 May puts for $1.55. Odds are they will expire worthless, so you're just booking premium here, and if they don't you're in for $3.45.
sold for 1.7. i have some 5p for mar also. moving a bunch to cash so why not
ag94whoop
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I'm not buying here, just watching.
yeah. had a bunch of limit buys set and forgot about them. So yeah I ended up buying here.
Mr President Elect
AG
That 11:45 dip was one of the few times I've seen the meme stocks drop hard in harmony with the macros
FJ43
Cancelled a bunch of dip buy preset orders I had. Will watch as I think there will be flashes down. If I miss it then so be it.

Edit: But I did take a swing here on AAPL Feb 140s.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

chaca5151
I started with $7k in my IRA, which at one point was up to 17K before all of this, now I'm down to $15k. Should I pull most of my stock to hold on to the cash and ride it out?

How would you play this out?
Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I have an amazing beautiful soul. Another might tell you I’m a cold-hearted a$$^ole. Believe them both. I don’t treat people badly. I treat them accordingly - unknown
Bird Poo
AG
$AAPL

Price trying to move above the 50 DA. Tricksy move?
FJ43
AgEng06 said:

Good call and heads up. Just sold them for $1,70.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

gigemJTH12
AG
F it I am buying SNDL here
Engine10
AG
chaca5151 said:

I started with $7k in my IRA, which at one point was up to 17K before all of this, now I'm down to $15k. Should I pull most of my stock to hold on to the cash and ride it out?

How would you play this out?

I've played defense w/big gainers using covered calls and protective puts, but those are shares I don't plan on moving for a long time.
tsuag10
AG
What kinda bourbon is everyone pouring?
mazag08
AG
Ags2013 said:

That CLOV $14 support <3
I've made some good premiums the last two days selling $12.50 Feb puts. I don't mind owning it if I have to at that price as I'll just make covered calls until I sell it. But right now, I'm just scooping premiums.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
we just need Powell and Yellen to say they'll bail out Melvin and then on to 3900.
cageybee77
AG
Impossible to say what's going to happen. It's a volatile time. I cashed out around New Years because I was concerned. But at this time in life I have a very low tolerance for risk. You have to decide for yourself the degree to which you perceive and can accept risk.

Edit - when I say I cashed out - I sold the positions but left the cash in the 401ks.
Decay
AG
tsuag10 said:

It's gonna be a rare reserve single barrel or Kentucky Deluxe... depending on how these next few hours goes...
Cartographer
the kind that keeps scalping UVXY
backintexas2013
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

F it I am buying SNDL here

I bought earlier and on the pop was able to sell Feb 5 1.00 covered calls for .26. I will gladly part with my shares for a $1 next Friday.
Mr President Elect
AG
Buy more AMC, EXPR, and NAKD

I kid, I kid.
Cromagnum
AG
This kid did better than a lot of us tend to. Haha.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chron.com/news/amp/San-Antonio-10-year-old-cashes-in-GameStop-stocks-15906752.php
Engine10
AG
McInnis call on TAZ (3x inverse Russell/Small cap index) lookin sharp. Gotta be up 15-20% since you posted!
AgShaun00
AG
Engine10 said:

McInnis call on TAZ (3x inverse Russell/Small cap index) lookin sharp. Gotta be up 15-20% since you posted!
jumped in.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
FbgTxAg said:

Just executed my first option trade.

I think AAPL pops next week, so I bought (5) Feb 5 138c for 1.63. I spent a little over 800.

If AAPL doesn't make it to 138 by Friday close, I lost 800.

If AAPL does make it to 138 or over, I can redeem those calls for 500 shares @ 138 as long as I do so by close Feb 5.

Have I got that right? If so, how do you go about redeeming them?

You want to "exercise" your calls. Tell us what brokerage/platform you're on if you need help finding it. Or just sell the calls when you decide you've made (or lost) enough money on them (anytime between now and expiration), or get real fancy and try and call the top before it gets there and sell higher strike calls against them to harvest premium and create a spread
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
SPY 368 to 364 could be a slow trudge, but market dynamics are such that it could move through this range next week and then on to 358, JMO.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
AgShaun00 said:

Engine10 said:

jumped in.

I'm gonna call bottom here :p
tsuag10
AG
Decay said:

tsuag10 said:

It's gonna be a rare reserve single barrel or Kentucky Deluxe... depending on how these next few hours goes...
Perfect!
McInnis 03
AG
Engine10 said:

My cost to enter was .79, it's .95 now. I went small, my overall hedge is holding the account up well. SPY 350p fo Mar, UVXY shares, TZA 6C March, QQQ put fly March pinned at 300-15 wide, VIX 30c March
Guitarsoup
AG
Bought the dip on WWR.

Hope it was the dip.
First Page Last Page
Page 3003 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.