Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,076,129 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by El_duderino
khaos288
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prognightmare said:

OE_Ag11 said:

So based on some of the stuff in the class. Do yall still keep mutual funds or anything like that as well. Or how does that work into the trading and investments? Or is everything cash and short trades for the most part?
I hold zero mutual funds and have outperformed the best mutual funds every year for over 25 years by being an active trader, fwiw.

Right now I'm holding arkk, tan, and arkg. Basically industries I want to be in, but don't want to spend time researching.

I do sell weekly covered calls on them, and make about 35% a year doing that. Rarely get called out too.

I'm mega conservative with that much cash though. I don't want to risk individual stocks. Treating that money more like savings account almost.
ProgN
What I do is not for everyone. I have the freedom to watch the market open to close. I was just emphasizing that even with moderate moderation of select positions that you can outperform mutual funds.
tsuag10
AG
ebdb_bnb said:

Im of the opinion everyone owned AAPL from retail to institutional. Everyone is up on AAPL. When you need to raise cash, you sell your winners.

I could be 100% wrong and this may be signs of a broader market decline.
Can you elaborate on this. Talk to me like I'm 5 please.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Yes, of course on having funds. I have a 401K and it's all in the S&P 500 fund.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
spud1910 said:

oldarmy1 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

OA - I was only able to catch the second half, but thank you so much for walking through your thought process. I am looking forward to watching the recording.
Registrants will receive a link with code to access.

I had in the room a novice trader, so that I could look into their eyes post event and see how zombie-eyed they looked.

• They feel 80% confident in pattern recognition and feel that repeat viewing will get them to 95%+.
  • They are 60% confident in options, but 100% on covered calls. So there is room to refine the various methods on options.
  • 100% nailed it on Model T and had 5 charts ready for me afterwards showing me daily Model T's. One I am going to study for a potential option trade because its set up exactly like I like
  • 100% on goal post - asked if platforms like IBKR have settings that will alert when volumes reach a certain keys. (This will be on subsequent seminars)
  • Tricksy Move was his favorite signal that can confirm long descending stocks into the failure accelerated "V" bottoms.
I am 65% satisfied with this initial venture but can see the volume of information needs to be contemplated for not only the initial presentation but for greatest follow up value in viewing the recording.

I want to express my appreciation to everyone!

Thank you so much for doing it. This thread has been awesome, but to hear and see you explain it in detail was much better to understand the subtleties of what you do.

Really glad to hear it was beneficial to the novice investors. I didn't sign up for it since I figured I was way too green to get much out of it . Would love to watch the recording or sign up for the next one if it is also good for beginners.
khaos288
AG
Prognightmare said:

What I do is not for everyone. I have the freedom to watch the market open to close. I was just emphasizing that even with moderate moderation of select positions that you can outperform mutual funds.

For sure. I do the same. I just trust the etf+CC strategy for VERY low risk. The other 40% of my profile, I manage individual stocks, options, etc.

I just can't sleep at night in too many individual stocks. Grew up poor, and has my brain wired wild lol.
FbgTxAg
AG
BREwmaster said:

FbgTxAg said:

jimmo said:

AAPL - Model T on 4 hour?
My novice opinion is that AAPL is being manipulated by the market makers. It's almost 60 percent institutionally held, there is literally zero short interest, and it is pretty much the "Gold Standard" of stocks.

I think the market makers see AAPL stock as a safe haven - almost a hedge - against a correction. And I think they are just trying to shake out all the folks who see all the shiny, volatile, higher risk stocks everywhere and aren't patient or flush enough to sit tight and wait.

Just my thoughts.
Yep and this was earnings week, LOTS of 150C and higher that will expire worthless. MM's will eat that premium up, yum yum! Next week, I think they let it fly. So instead of making money on earnings once, the rake in dough 2 weeks in a row.
Yep. I'm accumulating this week on the dip and expecting it to be off to the races in February. But I'm damn near out of bullets.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Madmarttigan
AG
Haven't looked but when is the recording and pin going to be available?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$ZM solid move closing above the 5/21, touched the 34. C&H still in play and definite bull flag on the handle. Max pain at 385 tomorrow and will see fierce resistance at 400. I would not be surprised to see a $400 test and fail tomorrow.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$SQ power reversal today. If crypto gets a bid from all the RH fallout, this could go to $250. Needs to close over 221 tomorrow. Bitcoin at $34K right now.

Cromagnum
AG
GasAg90
oldarmy1 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

OA - I was only able to catch the second half, but thank you so much for walking through your thought process. I am looking forward to watching the recording.
Registrants will receive a link with code to access.

I had in the room a novice trader, so that I could look into their eyes post event and see how zombie-eyed they looked.

• They feel 80% confident in pattern recognition and feel that repeat viewing will get them to 95%+.
  • They are 60% confident in options, but 100% on covered calls. So there is room to refine the various methods on options.
  • 100% nailed it on Model T and had 5 charts ready for me afterwards showing me daily Model T's. One I am going to study for a potential option trade because its set up exactly like I like
  • 100% on goal post - asked if platforms like IBKR have settings that will alert when volumes reach a certain keys. (This will be on subsequent seminars)
  • Tricksy Move was his favorite signal that can confirm long descending stocks into the failure accelerated "V" bottoms.
I am 65% satisfied with this initial venture but can see the volume of information needs to be contemplated for not only the initial presentation but for greatest follow up value in viewing the recording.

I want to express my appreciation to everyone!

This is spot on assessment. Appreciate you sharing your wisdom in these matters. For me, sometimes it is hard to get confidence in the technical analysis, but it becomes much simpler when you are only looking for a few highly successful patterns.

I too thought the Tricksy signal was my favorite.

Again, thanks for doing this.

GarryowenAg
AG
OA1- I'm super late to the party, but I was wondering if you could provide info on how to register for your webinars.

Thank you!
jimmo
Thanks Fbg
Watching for a bounce here
Looks like a perfect 50% retrace
Touchless
AG
BREwmaster said:

FbgTxAg said:

jimmo said:

AAPL - Model T on 4 hour?
My novice opinion is that AAPL is being manipulated by the market makers. It's almost 60 percent institutionally held, there is literally zero short interest, and it is pretty much the "Gold Standard" of stocks.

I think the market makers see AAPL stock as a safe haven - almost a hedge - against a correction. And I think they are just trying to shake out all the folks who see all the shiny, volatile, higher risk stocks everywhere and aren't patient or flush enough to sit tight and wait.

Just my thoughts.
Yep and this was earnings week, LOTS of 150C and higher that will expire worthless. MM's will eat that premium up, yum yum! Next week, I think they let it fly. So instead of making money on earnings once, the rake in dough 2 weeks in a row.
I was actually going to post this same thing. I think there is a TON of open interest in call options this week compared to this week. They knew AAPL crushed earnings and sold the premium for this week. I'm hoping next week it will rip. I'm thinking of buying back my 2/19 $142 covered call I sold late yesterday and then selling another one next week after the "fingers crossed" spike upwards.

I also have some 2/19 $155s so I could really use it early next week to maximize it, especially since I've missed out on all GME, AMC, NAKD, SNDL, etc. plays this week. Not a great week for my account this week.
OE_Ag11
AG
I didn't realize that could sell covered calls on etfs. Guess the biggest portion is having the assets to hold 100 shares min. Otherwise is the same as stocks?
khaos288
AG
OE_Ag11 said:

I didn't realize that could sell covered calls on etfs. Guess the biggest portion is having the assets to hold 100 shares min. Otherwise is the same as stocks?

Yup. I sell every other week whatever nets me around 200$ per contract. Usually it's 8-12 points, and almost never get called out. I hold a handful of different positions but 200*5*30ish times a year, is a dope savings return for me. Plus they have all appreciated a significant amount during that time too.
cottonpicker
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

oldarmy1 said:

One final thing. You heard someone ask about this forum. PLEASE do not share the site address or even mention TexAgs forum on twitter. We do not want too many outsiders into this domain. I love the people we have and how the flow of the forum gives us a sounding board. That balance could go south quickly.

I wonder if Texags would hide this forum from the list and charge $5 a month. There is another forum on this site that does that. I would love that
I'm totally in for this
YNWA_AG
AG
Doge getting pushed like crazy
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
I just had my sister in law's husband call me and tell me to buy edit: dogecoin. Haven't talked to him since Christmas.

I just may but yikes the hype is real right now.
E
AG

Stolen from other thread but too good not to share
Brewmaster
AG
YNWA_AG said:

LOL

M.C. Swag
AG
just an FYI institutional ownership is meaningless. if i own a share in my fidelity account, you'll see the fidelity institutional ownership increase by 1. it doesnt mean anything.
FbgTxAg
AG
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

I just had my sister in law's husband call me and tell me to buy Bitcoin. Haven't talked to him since Christmas.

It's 34,000 each. Been as high as 40,000. FOR ONE BITCOIN.

They need a stock crypto split.

Normal people can't even buy ONE as an investment. DOGE could seriously do some damage. Just the emotional feeling of only getting one or two or a fraction of something is a real psychological issue for Bitcoin moving forward.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Spaceship
AG
FbgTxAg said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

I just had my sister in law's husband call me and tell me to buy Bitcoin. Haven't talked to him since Christmas.

Normal people can't even buy ONE as an investment. DOGE could seriously do some damage. Just the emotional feeling of only getting one or two or a fraction of something is a real psychological issue for Bitcoin moving forward.

When you can buy fractional amounts, what the point of a split?
HoustonAg2014
AG
YNWA_AG said:

I bought it and made 100% and sold it all then got fomo and bought it again and up another 100% and letting it ride!
Mr President Elect
AG
Where are you guys buying it on? I have tried two different sites and they are basically crashing during the sign-up process and the fomo is really kicking in.
tlepoC
AG
Much to learn. It can be split almost infinitely. You don't have to but a while bitcoin.
spud1910
AG
YNWA_AG said:

I bought a minnow size portion a couple of weeks ago, just so I could say I was in it. It is now worth almost 10X what I invested. SHBM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jim
TriumphForks
AG
Dogecoin... the 'ol intraday 8 bagger.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
FbgTxAg said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Sorry meant dogecoin not Bitcoin. Editing above
spud1910
AG
Mr President Elect said:

Where are you guys buying it on? I have tried two different sites and they are basically crashing during the sign-up process and the fomo is really kicking in.
Robinhood!
Jim
FbgTxAg
AG
Spaceship said:

FbgTxAg said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

When you can buy fractional amounts, what the point of a split?
It's more of a psychological issue - for the kinds of "investors" Bitcoin would appeal to.

A "share" of a company is one thing. A "share" of a coin simply has negative subconscious implications. A "part of a coin" visualized inside the subconscious mind and induces an involuntary "negative" response.

If one thousand dogecoin was equal in value to one bitcoin, which do you think would be chosen by a consumer, if all other consideration was equal?
HoustonAg2014
AG
Turned $5k into $20k over dinner. Hoping by mornin I can put a down payment on my first home!
Esteban du Plantier
AG
FbgTxAg said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

You can buy hundredths of a millionth of a bitcoin. There's no reason at all to split it.
First Page Last Page
Page 2990 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.