Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,076,096 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by El_duderino
cgh1999
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gougler08 said:

Good on the interviewer for busting his balls

You mean Andy? The guy who was practically crying the other day that his hedge fund buddies were getting bullied by the internet mob?!!
khaos288
AG
Man...how is aapl diving ah? I thought it was due for a rocket
McInnis 03
AG
docaggie said:

The takeaway I had was TDA basically saying that if you've got the cash to back up your moves, go for it. But don't expect to get to use margin for any of these tickers.

I can respect this course of action
frankm01
McInnis 03 said:

So, y'all smart now? Imagine if we had two or 3 OAs..

We may not have 2 or 3 OAs but there any several guys on here (both of you McInnis' included ) that bring up many good ideas and have been so helpful to me and others. Thanks to all of you.
ebdb_bnb
100% fake. Gotcha journalism is what he is attempting. Dan Nathan on Fast Money is another pretender.
Post removed:
by user
ProgN
docaggie said:

Walton2016 said:

So if we are looking to move out of Robinhood where should we move too?

I currently use Robinhood for swing-trading and long-term hold of individual stocks. I use webull for my pure "play money" or day-trading account.
I use TD Ameritrade. Think or Swim is a great app, but firewalled at my work. However, their regular trading app works and does a good job. Costs are similar to everyone else (free stock trades, small cost for options).

I tried Interactive Brokers, but the app was firewalled at work as well, so that was a no.
You make too much money Doc.
ebdb_bnb
Im of the opinion everyone owned AAPL from retail to institutional. Everyone is up on AAPL. When you need to raise cash, you sell your winners.

I could be 100% wrong and this may be signs of a broader market decline.
Spaceship
AG
TChaney said:

Spaceship said:

Can someone smarter than me translate for this simpleton share holder? Good or bad?

I didn't see anyone answer this.

Simple answer
I don't see this affecting the stock price.

More complicated answer.
Instead of doing an IPO many companies are using shell corporations or SPACs to get a start in the market.

So say the shell company ticker is

SPACY
You can usually buy this stock for around $10 depending on the track record of previous SPACs by this same group. Or speculation on what company they are looking to make go public. Usually when announced but before the merger. A SPAC price will jump.

Now
Also issued along with the above stock are a second series usually named
SPACY.U

These are one share of common stock along with an ability to buy additional shares at a fixed price by a certain date based on quantity of these share you bought. These are usually priced at around 11.50 or so.

Now this can be good or bad.
A SPAC does a merger and boom the stock jumps to $25
and you paid $14.00 (per share) for 100 shares of SPAC.U
So the redemption on the warrants is 1/4 at $11.50
So if you would want to redeem those warrants for 25 shares at $11.50 because it's getting over 100% return.

Now the reverse can happen and the stock tanks to $7.00
You already lost half of your money at $14.00 per share it would be a bad move to buy 25 more shares at $11.50 and you would just not exercise those warrants and let them expire.

Usually you will see the .U version of a stock at about 10% or more of the main stock and quite a bit less volume.

If I screwed up this explanation someone please correct me. My terminology may be off.

THANK YOU!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I went ahead and sold SNDL just now AH. Two round trips. 0.65 to 1.19 and 0.68 to 0.87.
Jab
AG
Is anyone still in SNSS? It's been dropping lately but had a nice pop today. I'm wondering when to exit.
2percent
AG
khaos288 said:

it's a shake out. don't panic.
aggies4life
AG
For those who have or used both. Tda or interactive brokers??
khaos288
AG
2percent said:

khaos288 said:

Oh I'm holding to the bitter end. My 140s for tomorrow will expire worthless lol
Aggie09Derek
AG
TDAmeritrade's Restrictions seem very fair:
tdameritrade.com/restricted
Aston04
AG
Score Media up 22% today. My portfolio is most heavily in online gaming and pot. We live in interesting times.
ProgN
khaos288 said:

2percent said:

khaos288 said:

Oh I'm holding to the bitter end. My 140s for tomorrow will expire worthless lol
You might get burned on those but it's just because your timeframe was wrong. No big deal unless you bet your house, recover and reload for the next one.
wanderer
McInnis 03 said:

docaggie said:

The takeaway I had was TDA basically saying that if you've got the cash to back up your moves, go for it. But don't expect to get to use margin for any of these tickers.

I can respect this course of action
Still think it's BS that you have to wait on the phone/chat with them for 3hrs to sell a covered call. And oh yah....once they place the order, you don't have the ability to change the sale price.
bmks270
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

TDAmeritrade's Restrictions seem very fair:
tdameritrade.com/restricted

TDA actually appears like it's meant to limit risk by making the stocks non-marginable and by limiting complex options positions when options prices are extremely chaotic. I think it's BS they require speaking to a broker for the covered calls and cash secured puts.

A covered call would be a good move right now if you own the stock and plan to hold. At least take some premium if it does crash.
Guitarsoup
AG
irish pete ag06
AG
I have too many tickers. Too many to do any form of technical analysis on that OA just demonstrated. Have any of you liquidated your shares to kind of "start from scatch?"

I've been typically a long term buy and hold guy for most of my life. Just in the last month or more have I tried to expand my game.

Edit... to say maybe not start from scratch, but minimize it down. I'm not selling CLOV, WWR, etc.
jimmo

AAPL - Model T on 4 hour?
gig em 02
irish pete ag06 said:

I have too many tickers. Too many to do any form of technical analysis on that OA just demonstrated. Have any of you liquidated your shares to kind of "start from scatch?"

I've been typically a long term buy and hold guy for most of my life. Just in the last month or more have I tried to expand my game.

Edit... to say maybe not start from scratch, but minimize it down. I'm not selling CLOV, WWR, etc.

Open a separate trading account with as much as you are willing to lose, when you exceed that amount transfer the money into your main account. You can have long term holdings and short term trades.
Mr President Elect
AG
Hmmm, I feel like they should have a few other priorities for tomorrow, such as taking back what was looted today.

STAFF: can we get a stranded astronaut emoji... asking for a friend
OE_Ag11
AG
So based on some of the stuff in the class. Do yall still keep mutual funds or anything like that as well. Or how does that work into the trading and investments? Or is everything cash and short trades for the most part?
irish pete ag06
AG
gig em 02 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Open a separate trading account with as much as you are willing to lose, when you exceed that amount transfer the money into your main account. You can have long term holdings and short term trades.
Great idea. I do most of my trading in an IRA though, so would that work for that?
spud1910
AG
aggies4life said:

For those who have or used both. Tda or interactive brokers??
IBKR is easier for me to navigate, but I have a TDA account which allows me to trade some things I can't on IBKR, such as EGOC.
Jim
khaos288
AG
Prognightmare said:

khaos288 said:

2percent said:

khaos288 said:

You might get burned on those but it's just because your timeframe was wrong. No big deal unless you bet your house, recover and reload for the next one.

You know me baby. 60% etfs, and only trade 2% of the portfolio in options at a time
FbgTxAg
AG
jimmo said:

My novice opinion is that AAPL is being manipulated by the market makers. It's almost 60 percent institutionally held, there is literally zero short interest, and it is pretty much the "Gold Standard" of stocks.

I think the market makers see AAPL stock as a safe haven - almost a hedge - against a correction. And I think they are just trying to shake out all the folks who see all the shiny, volatile, higher risk stocks everywhere and aren't patient or flush enough to sit tight and wait.

Just my thoughts.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
gig em 02
irish pete ag06 said:

gig em 02 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Great idea. I do most of my trading in an IRA though, so would that work for that?

Maybe if you did a Roth and a traditional but your options are limited there
Whitehouse Road
AG
OE_Ag11 said:

So based on some of the stuff in the class. Do yall still keep mutual funds or anything like that as well. Or how does that work into the trading and investments? Or is everything cash and short trades for the most part?

Also OE '11 here. I think this answer is probably different for everyone. Between my wife and I we have 4 retirement accounts. Three of those are left to our FAs. I trade in a cash account and in about 40-50% of my Roth. The rest of that is in SPY, QQQ, and ARKK.
ProgN
That's my dawg.
ProgN
OE_Ag11 said:

I hold zero mutual funds and have outperformed the best mutual funds every year for over 25 years by being an active trader, fwiw.
Brewmaster
AG
FbgTxAg said:

jimmo said:

My novice opinion is that AAPL is being manipulated by the market makers. It's almost 60 percent institutionally held, there is literally zero short interest, and it is pretty much the "Gold Standard" of stocks.

I think the market makers see AAPL stock as a safe haven - almost a hedge - against a correction. And I think they are just trying to shake out all the folks who see all the shiny, volatile, higher risk stocks everywhere and aren't patient or flush enough to sit tight and wait.

Just my thoughts.
Yep and this was earnings week, LOTS of 150C and higher that will expire worthless. MM's will eat that premium up, yum yum! Next week, I think they let it fly. So instead of making money on earnings once, the rake in dough 2 weeks in a row.
MaroonDynasty
What brokerage should I rollover a 401k too? I have Etrade for a regular tax account already.
First Page Last Page
Page 2989 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.