Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,076,159 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by El_duderino
Fitch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RUN NAKD RUN
spud1910
AG
oldarmy1 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

OA - I was only able to catch the second half, but thank you so much for walking through your thought process. I am looking forward to watching the recording.
Registrants will receive a link with code to access.

I had in the room a novice trader, so that I could look into their eyes post event and see how zombie-eyed they looked.

• They feel 80% confident in pattern recognition and feel that repeat viewing will get them to 95%+.
  • They are 60% confident in options, but 100% on covered calls. So there is room to refine the various methods on options.
  • 100% nailed it on Model T and had 5 charts ready for me afterwards showing me daily Model T's. One I am going to study for a potential option trade because its set up exactly like I like
  • 100% on goal post - asked if platforms like IBKR have settings that will alert when volumes reach a certain keys. (This will be on subsequent seminars)
  • Tricksy Move was his favorite signal that can confirm long descending stocks into the failure accelerated "V" bottoms.
I am 65% satisfied with this initial venture but can see the volume of information needs to be contemplated for not only the initial presentation but for greatest follow up value in viewing the recording.

I want to express my appreciation to everyone!

Thank you so much for doing it. This thread has been awesome, but to hear and see you explain it in detail was much better to understand the subtleties of what you do.
Jim
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

Oh p.s.

My COO said I was talking about 25% faster than normal. I recognized it but was pumped!
Tell Mrs. OA that we all say hello.
Bulldog73
AG
If anyone wants to part with their recording.... HMU, I've got some residual crap in Robinhood to part with.
The Pilot
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Awesome! Frankly I use 3 the 3 main technicals given for 90% of my trades. That's it!

Jeff said the recording is a gig and he'll need a few days to get it ready.
What are those 3?
Bulldog73
AG
I assume model t, goal posts, and the tricksy move.
HelloUncleNateFitch
OA's great and all, but look at the profits being made by people following some guy on Reddit named Black_Cawk_Down.
djmeen95
AG
OA - thanks so much. I'm a novice and agree with the assessment your in room novice had!

The session was amazing. The last 20ish minutes I got a little lost in the puts / calls "jungle" but, like I told my wife, confusion is part of the learning process and I get the concepts way better now.

BTW - Popeyes coupon = BRILLIANT analogy for me.
oldarmy1
AG
The Pilot said:

oldarmy1 said:

Awesome! Frankly I use 3 the 3 main technicals given for 90% of my trades. That's it!

Jeff said the recording is a gig and he'll need a few days to get it ready.
What are those 3?
Tricksy Trade with confirmation

The rarer descending boxes as illustrated on WWR daily chart and then, by odd chance, SPY 1 minute chart today

Model T on daily for options - I used MSFT showing a 17 point Model T opportunity we had traded in here several times. Day traders on the 1 minute uses it but the spread is usually not worthwhile.
TChaney
Spaceship said:

Can someone smarter than me translate for this simpleton share holder? Good or bad?

I didn't see anyone answer this.

Simple answer
I don't see this affecting the stock price.

More complicated answer.
Instead of doing an IPO many companies are using shell corporations or SPACs to get a start in the market.

So say the shell company ticker is

SPACY
You can usually buy this stock for around $10 depending on the track record of previous SPACs by this same group. Or speculation on what company they are looking to make go public. Usually when announced but before the merger. A SPAC price will jump.

Now
Also issued along with the above stock are a second series usually named
SPACY.U

These are one share of common stock along with an ability to buy additional shares at a fixed price by a certain date based on quantity of these share you bought. These are usually priced at around 11.50 or so.

Now this can be good or bad.
A SPAC does a merger and boom the stock jumps to $25
and you paid $14.00 (per share) for 100 shares of SPAC.U
So the redemption on the warrants is 1/4 at $11.50
So if you would want to redeem those warrants for 25 shares at $11.50 because it's getting over 100% return.

Now the reverse can happen and the stock tanks to $7.00
You already lost half of your money at $14.00 per share it would be a bad move to buy 25 more shares at $11.50 and you would just not exercise those warrants and let them expire.

Usually you will see the .U version of a stock at about 10% or more of the main stock and quite a bit less volume.

If I screwed up this explanation someone please correct me. My terminology may be off.
McInnis 03
AG
So, y'all smart now? Imagine if we had two or 3 OAs..
TChaney
GarryowenAg
AG
Prognightmare said:

flyingaggie12 said:

Robinhood CEO on CNBC right now. Wao...
I'm watching that dumbass. This interview alone would make me liquidate my account, if I was at RH, and wire my money out of that outfit tomorrow.

I didn't catch the interview. Can you provide a quit synopsis?
docaggie
AG
aggies4life said:

Thoughts on $sava? Got in on the jump when mcginnis posted about the article saying a price target of 1,000+...rode it and then cashed out. I see it was down today...Curious if anyone is in or opinions.
If their drug works - and I haven't seen data to say anything about it - it'll be huge.
It's definitely going to be a long hold if you want to see the benefits of that medication on the stock.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
McInnis 03
AG
docaggie said:

aggies4life said:

Thoughts on $sava? Got in on the jump when mcginnis posted about the article saying a price target of 1,000+...rode it and then cashed out. I see it was down today...Curious if anyone is in or opinions.
If their drug works - and I haven't seen data to say anything about it - it'll be huge.
It's definitely going to be a long hold if you want to see the benefits of that medication on the stock.

I bought the 2023 leaps on the news. That may not be enough time for the drug...
Guitarsoup
AG
Sad I registered late, but look forward to being in the next one. Thanks for all the information you share, OA!
gigemJTH12
AG
oldarmy1 said:

One final thing. You heard someone ask about this forum. PLEASE do not share the site address or even mention TexAgs forum on twitter. We do not want too many outsiders into this domain. I love the people we have and how the flow of the forum gives us a sounding board. That balance could go south quickly.

I wonder if Texags would hide this forum from the list and charge $5 a month. There is another forum on this site that does that. I would love that
Walton2016
AG
So if we are looking to move out of Robinhood where should we move too?

I currently use Robinhood for swing-trading and long-term hold of individual stocks. I use webull for my pure "play money" or day-trading account.
fightintxag13
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

oldarmy1 said:

One final thing. You heard someone ask about this forum. PLEASE do not share the site address or even mention TexAgs forum on twitter. We do not want too many outsiders into this domain. I love the people we have and how the flow of the forum gives us a sounding board. That balance could go south quickly.

I wonder if Texags would hide this forum from the list and charge $5 a month. There is another thread on this site that does that. I would love that

Wait what??
Decay
AG
I like fidelity and tradestation.
MROD92
oldarmy1 said:

Thank you for your time today and all you so. I ha e the exact same sentiment, love the existing dynamic
McKinney Ag69
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

oldarmy1 said:

I wonder if Texags would hide this forum from the list and charge $5 a month. There is another forum on this site that does that. I would love that

Or, They could just make it to where you get this thread if you have a premium Texags membership. That's a better option imo. Many of us are paying it anyways and people are cheap, so Outsiders who don't care about Aggie sports/recruiting may stay away for 13.99/month.
aggies4life
AG
Tda just posted this on my account:

Securities with trading restrictions

We have placed some restrictions on the following securities. These restrictions will not prevent clients from making basic buy and sell transactions. This list is as of January 28, 2021, 4:00PM ET.

AMC, CVM, EXPR, FOSL, GME, NOK, BB, BBBY, FIZZ, GSX, IRBT, NCMI, TR, UONE, VIR, NAK, NAKD, DDS, KOSS

The following restrictions are in place:

Stocks - 100% holding requirement (not marginable)
Long calls and puts are allowed
Covered call and short put orders may only be placed with a broker. Please be aware that wait times to speak with a broker may be longer than normal due to current market conditions.
Covered calls only allowed if your account currently has the shares
Short puts only if you have the maintenance/cash to cover the entire exercise amount of the short puts
All other complex options orders will not be accepted
We may also implement additional restrictions on the opening of option trades that expire Friday, January 29th

Please keep in mind that this list is not inclusive of every security restriction and may change at any time.
docaggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Oh p.s.

My COO said I was talking about 25% faster than normal. I recognized it but was pumped!
In talking with people I train who listen to a lot of podcasts, they normally listen at 1.25-1.5x speed. So seems like you're right on.
Class of 1998;
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
docaggie
AG
The takeaway I had was TDA basically saying that if you've got the cash to back up your moves, go for it. But don't expect to get to use margin for any of these tickers.
Class of 1998;
McKinney Ag69
AG

This guy is a POS.
gougler08
AG
Good on the interviewer for busting his balls
tsuag10
AG

Full interview
Jet Black
Is he doing that interview from his parent's house?
docaggie
AG
McInnis 03 said:

docaggie said:

aggies4life said:

I bought the 2023 leaps on the news. That may not be enough time for the drug...
It depends.
It seems like a phase 3 trial would be looking to see if it improves current Alzheimer's patients. That may not take terribly long, depending on the effect of the medication. The more subtle the effect, the longer and more patients it will take to tease out the difference.

A study designed to halt progression of the disease in mild patients would take a lot longer to get results.
Class of 1998;
ProgN
Walton2016 said:

I currently use Robinhood for swing-trading and long-term hold of individual stocks. I use webull for my pure "play money" or day-trading account.
TD Ameritrade, they're about to merge with Schwab and will be the largest online broker. JMO
cgh1999
AG
Enjoyed the seminar. Thanks OA. Definitely feel more confident in the strategies talked about here. My issue is My day job gets in the way of all the fun. Can you hurry up and open the hedge fund so I can stop worrying about missing out? I'm ok with 2 and 20...let's make some money!!
ebdb_bnb
Big barstool guy. I've been following Dave since 2011 and I'm not an early follower. I listened to the interview.

Everything the RH CEO said about net cap is completely correct. Obv I can't speak to whether they did things proactively or not but keep in mind they would have consulted their legal team prior to taking any actions. Also, their customer agreement should align with every other brokers customer agreement. I say should because I haven't reviewed it and I don't have accounts there.

I'm familiar with the language in these agreements because I help write them.
docaggie
AG
Walton2016 said:

I use TD Ameritrade. Think or Swim is a great app, but firewalled at my work. However, their regular trading app works and does a good job. Costs are similar to everyone else (free stock trades, small cost for options).

I tried Interactive Brokers, but the app was firewalled at work as well, so that was a no.
Class of 1998;
First Page Last Page
Page 2988 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.