Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,075,746 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by El_duderino
tsuag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ehrmantraut said:

So what happens when 200,000 ITM calls are exercised tomorrow by whoever owns them?
I didnt know Robinhood auto sells them if you dont have the cash, but somebody is buying them and plans to exercise.

That's 20 million shares that need to be purchased tomorrow, correct?
Some of this stuff is over my head, but this seems like a great observation.
MaroonDynasty
SDC down big today
ProgN
MaroonDynasty said:

SDC down big today
It went up 50% in 5 days, it's just catching its breath.
MaroonDynasty
True lol.
Shundere
TAK trying to breakout
aggies4life
AG
When one transfers an account from one broker to another...you can still trade normally while it's in the process?
ProgN
aggies4life said:

When one transfers an account from one broker to another...you can still trade normally while it's in the process?
There will be a couple days in transfer that you won't be able to, iirc.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Don't think so -- unless you're talking about taking new cash/margin positions. Existing positions get moved, too.
aggies4life
AG
Thanks for that info. Am I better cashing out positions and just doing a wire transfer then?
ProgN
aggies4life said:

Thanks for that info. Am I better cashing out positions and just doing a wire transfer then?
Yes
ProgN
aggies4life said:

Cash in your positions you want to sell, then wire yourself the money. If you open a TDAmeritrade account and use an ACH to fund it, the funds should be ready immediately but not marginable.
aggies4life
AG
Thankyou
GigEmRangers75455
OAs 3 o clock seminar is gonna keep me from drinking this trading day away... Thanks OA for keeping my alcohol consumption to a minimum today.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
aggies4life said:

It depends upon the position, IMO. Long terms holds, maybe not. Short term trades, probably so. Also consider any tax implications associated with liquidating positions.

One more thing, wouldn't the position closure(s) have to settle prior to them moving funds?
tailgatetimer10
AG
Prognightmare said:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/pelosi-says-congress-will-be-part-of-gamestop-scrutiny-2021-01-28

Great, just what retail investors need

I said it earlier, and I will say it again. The market does not like uncertainty. Do we need to hedge the SPY even more?
ProgN
Aggies75455 said:

OAs 3 o clock seminar is gonna keep me from drinking this trading day away... Thanks OA for keeping my alcohol consumption to a minimum today.
Thank God game days aren't during market hours.
McInnis 03
AG
If BTBT breaks 19.25 it has some serious room to run......consol on the 10m now.
tsuag10
AG
AAPL cleared for takeoff?
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Had to close the AAPL 140/147c spread that expires tomorrow for $1. Wasn't holding.
Every one of you is welcome.
ProgN
tailgatetimer10 said:

Prognightmare said:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/pelosi-says-congress-will-be-part-of-gamestop-scrutiny-2021-01-28

I said it earlier, and I will say it again. The market does not like uncertainty. Do we need to hedge the SPY even more?
I've had limited success with my hedges so I'll defer to others to answer that question. I simply liquidate if I feel it's gonna drop significantly. I'm hyper aggressive though.
YouBet
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

thirdcoast said:

Zack Morris calling out short squeeze on FUBO with 70% short float.
What does kelly kapowski think?
Not sure about Kelly, but here is Jesse Spano's thoughts today:

YouBet
AG
Prognightmare said:

Welp, you can now guarantee we are going to get right and royally f'ed.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Prognightmare said:

Her quote struck me as little more than announcing the formation of a, "Blue-ribbon, fact-finding commission".

...as soon as we get around to it...
Spaceship
AG
Thoughts on getting into WWR at these levels?
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

If BTBT breaks 19.25 it has some serious room to run......consol on the 10m now.
Here we go?
AgEng06
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Had to close the AAPL 140/147c spread that expires tomorrow for $1. Wasn't holding.
Every one of you is welcome.
I didn't close mine because it's paper traded and I wanted to watch it. I can let you know how it turns out.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
WWR is a long term hold. Yes. Anything under 8 and you should double.
McInnis 03
AG
You don't need to do that. Really.

Don't do that.
AgEng06
AG
Fair enough.

I do appreciate your help and will watch it to learn more about how it works.
Texas Ag 15
AG
Been in meetings last couple hours. What's the position on AMC, EXPR, and NOK? Keep all of them, waiting to see what happens?
Brewmaster
AG
added NXTD, a smaller bitcoin play, 1.34 avg, looking for $2. no options on it unfortunately.
gougler08
AG
I'm profit taking on AMC at $10.50 for all shares not on covered calls, good profit and don't trust the brokerages to not **** with this further
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Entering an SPX hedge here.....

Looking at just below the 10 day MA for next Friday just in case.

SPX 3830p / 3800p / 3770p
Jan 29

$2.60 risk
$30 max return
I bought 3 of these. Just sold 2 to go net free on the 3rd since it's at the upper range right now. Any further climb would risk no value tomorrow.
Bird Poo
AG
gougler08 said:

I'm profit taking on AMC at $10.50 for all shares not on covered calls, good profit and don't trust the brokerages to not **** with this further
The WH and Congress sent a message to the hedge funds. They have their back. Glad I got out of my AMC leaps around $16.
Mr President Elect
AG
tsuag10 said:

ehrmantraut said:

So what happens when 200,000 ITM calls are exercised tomorrow by whoever owns them?
I didnt know Robinhood auto sells them if you dont have the cash, but somebody is buying them and plans to exercise.

That's 20 million shares that need to be purchased tomorrow, correct?
Some of this stuff is over my head, but this seems like a great observation.
What is the concern here? People that sold naked calls? People having really expensive options expire ITM that can't afford them? Most of the ITM calls are going to be the cheaper more affordable ones. Idiots that sold naked calls would get squezed just like the shorts.
First Page Last Page
Page 2973 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.