Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,083,372 Views | 231801 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bmks270 said:

Bocephus said:

bmks270 said:

GameStop hot $500 in after hours, up over $400 right now.

I think we see some institutional interference with trading today.

That hedge fund was down 3 billion at $60. They claimed they exited, but we know short interest is still 122% and GME closed at 347 yesterday is at 445 right now in premarket, so those shorts are down another tens of billions of dollars overnight.

And it's probably mostly Wall Street on the losing side right now.

They didn't exit anything

Well someone spread the rumor to CNBC.
If that fund didn't exit they're likely 20-30 Billion in the red. Bankrupt.

Fooled by Randomness by Nassim Taleb. Every trader should read.
That hedge fund is doomed. It's past the point that even other hedge fund buddies can help them. All this, before their investors sue the **** out of them too. Those people don't like losing money, especially in the amount and time that theirs is evaporating.
Agswinning
RigsTx said:

Have lurked on this thread off and on for awhile now. Haven't had a chance to go back and read the majority of the pages that I've missed. I did see reference to an OA1 seminar and was wondering if that was open to all. I'm quite the novice but wanting to expand my knowledge base.

Email rec'd!
RigsTx
AG
Net Free calculation question...

Say I own 100 shares of stock at $10 a share.

The goal is to get Net Free by selling half those shares so I would need the stock price to double and then sel half of my shares. All that makes sense, but do I need to calculate my STCG rate into that? Or do I just calculate strictly on the price I paid for the shares?

Thanks!
ProgN
Well, we've gone WAY over the 200 new post threshold since close of business yesterday, so tell me what I've won Bob?
RigsTx
AG
Just sent you an email. You can remove your email address if you like.

Thanks!
FbgTxAg
AG
Stocks that need to run today

CLOV
WWR
TAK
XL

Please and thank you.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
McInnis 03
AG
sts7049 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

SNDL approaching $1.00

If we open close to $1 watch level ii to see what kind of heavy sell will place at $1.00 (even numbers dominate), this may be decent resistance

THEY'RE GONNA GAP IT
if it shoots up to 1.30 or so today i will be able to go net free

A cheap stock like this with weekly options is RARE. Enjoy all the possibilities
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
bmks270 said:

FbgTxAg said:

lobwedgephil said:

Ya that doesn't look like they've exited their shorts...

Yahoo article said the Melvin fund or whatever was down 30% as of Friday.... imagine what it is today if they didn't unroll it, although CNBC said they were totally out. Maybe new shorts took their place at the higher price.

I think it took about 12 hours to expose that as a bluff
59 South
AG
Prognightmare said:

Well, we've gone WAY over the 200 new post threshold since close of business yesterday, so tell me what I've won Bob?
HA. I slept for 6 hours and woke up to 197 new posts. I'm really about to give up trying to keep up with the thread tbh.
bmks270
AG
GME at 500!

How many hedge funds are reeling this morning?
Post removed:
by user
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

Another day of meme trading!
gougler08
AG
59 South said:

Prognightmare said:

HA. I slept for 6 hours and woke up to 197 new posts. I'm really about to give up trying to keep up with the thread tbh.
It will calm back down once this short squeeze news dies down
Agswinning
FJ43
$NOK is moving . Almost 5M share buy in 1 Min right at 7AM EST
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

jj9000
AG
gougler08 said:

59 South said:

Prognightmare said:

I dunno.

I'm personally looking for some Dutch Tulips.

Next big thing.
Goldie Wilson
Post removed:
by user
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Prognightmare said:

NRD09 said:

FJ43 said:

Spaceship said:

Just tried to buy NAKD several times on TDA and it wouldn't let me. I sure hope we don't have brokerage issues again today.
You can't trade before 7am other than select instruments on TDA.

Killing me...i gotta go net free on gme!
I'm rooting for you and anyone here that has the balls to dance with that devil but I'm not going to. I've seen many accounts blown apart by stocks like this.

Safe journey brother.

Wanna hear my very wsb thesis?
After elon (a long time WSBer) tweeted, then it halted at 269.69, I said "no way elon doesn't run this up to 420" so i bought 4 shares at 297. Put in a sell order for 3 at 420 but forgot to make it gtc+ext so it didn't fill yesterday. Fixed the order this morning and got the 440 fill when td premarket opened. Now I'll hold my net free share until Melvin files. Vive la revolucion!
59 South
AG
gougler08 said:

59 South said:

Prognightmare said:

Yea agree, I prefer boring low volatility trading. I don't have the time or capacity for all these quick trades. Not my style at this point in my life.
La Bamba
AG
NRD09 said:

Prognightmare said:

NRD09 said:

FJ43 said:

Spaceship said:

Just tried to buy NAKD several times on TDA and it wouldn't let me. I sure hope we don't have brokerage issues again today.
You can't trade before 7am other than select instruments on TDA.

Killing me...i gotta go net free on gme!
I'm rooting for you and anyone here that has the balls to dance with that devil but I'm not going to. I've seen many accounts blown apart by stocks like this.

Safe journey brother.

Wanna hear my very wsb thesis?
After elon (a long time WSBer) tweeted, then it halted at 269.69, I said "no way elon doesn't run this up to 420" so i bought 4 shares at 297. Put in a sell order for 3 at 420 but forgot to make it gtc+ext so it didn't fill yesterday. Fixed the order this morning and got the 440 fill when td premarket opened. Now I'll hold my net free share until Melvin files. Vive la revolucion!
Well, there you have it. When even the stoner strategies work, you know we've reached the market over-extension euphoria level.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Rice and Fries said:

FYI - The next target on WSB is SLV. They want to rid the silver shorts from the world. They'll start pushing the message next week about buying and longing SLV.

The real DD on SLV, the worlds biggest short squeeze is possible and we can make history https://reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/l6novm/the_real_dd_on_slv_the_worlds_biggest_short/

I like this, bunch of the og wsb guys have been playing slv for a long time
Spudman
AG
$KOSS - my goodness!
RigsTx
AG
Just replied. I have a conflict starting halfway through the seminar this afternoon as well and I don't want to take up a spot that could go to someone who could be there for the whole thing.
ProgN
third coast.. said:

i think that this craziness is the root. i bet if there is a correction this thread loses a lot of posters. just a guess though.

Ironically, active posters have increased during the last few corrections. This thread is like crack and we're all like Tyrone Biggums.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Oh and mainstream media mentioning the possibility of 1k+ suggests to me that it's gonna go way past that
ProgN
third coast.. said:

ugh thought i had extended hours active on the accounts my wife owns and i didnt. missed out on selling NAKD for $3 this am, and she is asleep and i need a code from her cell phone.
You may sell it at $4 when she wakes up and then she'll be smiling and NAKD when you get back home.
Post removed:
by user
59 South
AG
The macro technicals are really quite straight forward. Lines in the sand are big round numbers 3700 and 3800. Don't overcomplicate it chaps.

I was really hoping for a meltup blowoff top 4000+ to hit that long term trendline from 2009 (see January 2018 for parallel). I was planning to take a ton of profits and sit for awhile if that had or does happen...

PS: VOO DOOOOOOO!!!!!

ES daily:

gigemJTH12
AG
third coast.. said:

i really didnt want to be up late tonight. ugh. 4 am is gonna come fast.

man like 90% of your posts on this thread are complaining.
Post removed:
by user
gougler08
AG
59 South said:

gougler08 said:

59 South said:

Prognightmare said:

Yea agree, I prefer boring low volatility trading. I don't have the time or capacity for all these quick trades. Not my style at this point in my life.

Normally same for me as my job has been kicking my ass lately, but I was already in AMC and NAKD prior to them getting meme'd so now I have to take advantage as best I can

I'm not touching GME at this point
gigemJTH12
AG
third coast.. said:

gigemJTH12 said:

third coast.. said:

i really didnt want to be up late tonight. ugh. 4 am is gonna come fast.

man like 90% of your posts on this thread are complaining.
thats funny. dont even mean to be that way. i am extremely positive right now.
I know! and I know you are always upbeat. relax bro lol
Spaceship
AG
Uuuhhhhh American Airlines up 47% premarket?!
Spaceship
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 2960 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.