Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,079,988 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by El_duderino
Mostly Foggy Recollection
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You're getting good at the right time. My SPY puts for that date and strike are averaged at 3. I first bought in at 4.24 and have been averaging down. This is the key to hedging with puts. Start nibbling at first sign of weakness and slowly ramp up.

I have about 10% of my portfolio in volatility and hedge instruments. Once I get through AAPL and XL, I will play few options except for selling premium. Cash will be healthy and I'll be scanning for massive C&H upside.

When, not if, we have our correction, I and many others here will be smiling on the way down and back up.

Beautiful part of CLOV and WWR (seems to be our two biggest plays across this board) is that I don't foresee a huge draw down on them like you would see in your Big Tech, Big Pharma, Big Fin and Big Industrials tickers.

If they do, even better. Scoop 'em up and rocket.
leoj
AG
$GOGO up over 20% ah.
Mr President Elect
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Example: DeepFingValue has 800 $12 calls. If he exercises he owes $960,000. Well, he had 1000 contracts. He sold 200 at about $65 early and got about $1.2MM. That's his money to cover the shares. I think a ton of them are doing just this. DFV is literally net free on his 800 calls!
That's next level type net free! Thats what we need to start doing around here. If I can't exercise 80% of my calls with the profit from sellin 20%, it's just not worth my time anymore.
khkman22
AG
You know what gets lost in all this GME stuff? Nobody other than a 2016 bag holder notices what PBI did today.
irish pete ag06
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

You're getting good at the right time. My SPY puts for that date and strike are averaged at 3. I first bought in at 4.24 and have been averaging down. This is the key to hedging with puts. Start nibbling at first sign of weakness and slowly ramp up.

I have about 10% of my portfolio in volatility and hedge instruments. Once I get through AAPL and XL, I will play few options except for selling premium. Cash will be healthy and I'll be scanning for massive C&H upside.

When, not if, we have our correction, I and many others here will be smiling on the way down and back up.

Beautiful part of CLOV and WWR (seems to be our two biggest plays across this board) is that I don't foresee a huge draw down on them like you would see in your Big Tech, Big Pharma, Big Fin and Big Industrials tickers.

If they do, even better. Scoop 'em up and rocket.
Thank you sir! So what do those premiums do if there's a correction? Look like ITM premiums now which are all over $10?
FTAG 2000
AG
Have to concur with whoever called it earlier. Anything with a high short float is getting driven up.
FTAG 2000
AG
leoj said:

$GOGO up over 20% ah.
File this one in the DD doesn't show anything justifying a rise in price, but they're in the high short / squeeze territory.
cgh1999
AG
khkman22 said:

You know what gets lost in all this GME stuff? Nobody other than a 2016 bag holder notices what PBI did today.

Holy cow. That's a name from the past. What a day.
bmks270
AG
gig em 02 said:

Those idiots aren't going to use margin to exercise are they

Who knows what will happen. I'm sure a ton of Reddit followers may do something dumb like this. Most of those call holders won't have enough funds to take the shares. So maybe the ultra squeeze rocket won't materialize. Maybe it goes south when a ton of shares get bought on margin, then a domino liquidation in the first move down. It's impossible to predict.

In the reddit threads are a lot of posts just telling people to buy shares not options.
FTAG 2000
AG
Can't find it - who posted earlier the screenshot of companies with highest short %
irish pete ag06
AG
AG 2000' said:

Have to concur with whoever called it earlier. Anything with a high short float is getting driven up.
"The Big Short 2 - The Meme Squeeze"
FTAG 2000
AG
bmks270 said:

gig em 02 said:

Who knows what will happen. I'm sure a ton of Reddit followers may do something dumb like this. Most of those call holders won't have enough funds to take the shares. So maybe the ultra squeeze rocket won't materialize. Maybe it goes south when a ton of shares get bought on margin, then a domino liquidation in the first move down. It's impossible to predict.

In the reddit threads are a lot of posts just telling people to buy shares not options.
I have to think part of the hedge fund strategy is to hold on until Friday.

aggies4life
AG
Best etf/stocks to buy for hedging a market down turn??
irish pete ag06
AG
AG 2000' said:

Ornithopter
AG
I think you're seeing some funds exit what they now view as risky short positions.
tam2002
AG
What are we doing with AMC tomorrow? Are the kids gonna run it up more?
FTAG 2000
AG
khkman22 said:

Strong ties to the Biden administration via Blackrock.
leoj
AG
bigcat22
AG
AMC is up big AH
McInnis 03
AG
Not my book. Wish it was.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Just plain utter insanity
KaneIsAble
AG
So is this deal really about to blow like GME?
bmks270
AG
AG 2000' said:

bmks270 said:

gig em 02 said:

I have to think part of the hedge fund strategy is to hold on until Friday.

Considering the call strikes where down below $100 I think, maybe they can actually cover taking the shares if the stock is at $200, just have to sell half of their calls, don't know if they'll figure it out...... this is a wild move.
Ags2013
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

AG 2000' said:

Go Fubo!
Jet Black
Is amc still a buy?
I have shares of UVXY. Good hedge instrument. In March of last year (COVID dump), it shot from 10 to 110.

VIXY is another decent one. SPXU is another for S&P. SQQQ for the 'Daq. DOG for the DOW30.

LatinAggie1997
AG
Please explain what is about to "pop"/run...I am behind and lost.
aggies4life
AG
Thank you!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Jet Black said:

Is amc still a buy?
nobody knows man.
Ags2013
AG
Jet Black said:

Is amc still a buy?

Million dollar question. Get rich or go broke!
Red or black?
tam2002
AG
I'm more wondering if AMC is a sell at open
Jet Black
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Jet Black said:

Is amc still a buy?
nobody knows man.

Does $32,500 Millionaire know? Can I talk to him?
Slappy007
AG
This craziness could last for a while longer, but when the correction comes, it's going to come quick. If you make big money, take OA/30k/Foggy/other's advice and buy some hedges or have a scale out plan....or only yolo money you can afford to lose.

YW, your 32 year old dad
Thundergon

Totally agree with you btw.
First Page Last Page
Page 2916 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.