Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,080,131 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by El_duderino
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
you guys are killing it, congratulations. I am having a tough week overall (excluding OSTK, CWH, and WWR).
JAggie2007
AG
PearlJammin said:

Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Ark Daily

Looks like they BTFD on Roku
Looks like they sold to me.
CPDAggie10
AG
PearlJammin said:

Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Ark Daily

Looks like they BTFD on Roku
Those are sells. Second day in a row they have sold ROKU....could be a re-balance but idk.
gig em 02
$30,000 Millionaire said:

you guys are killing it, congratulations. I am having a tough week overall (excluding OSTK, CWH, and WWR).

Sell 100,000 2023 $2P tomorrow morning and as long as you're dead by 2023 you'll be good to go!
MaroonDynasty
McInnis 03 said:

Cathie bought twitter. I have leaps. I approve
TWTR is definitely money near term, Q4 rep should be good.
Engine10
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

oldarmy1 said:

We're going to be calling this thread "The Millionaire Makers"

$AMC now again. Craziness.

Just add to Put hedges out to March with 3% of profits. This game of musical short crush will end.
Can you or someone else smarter than myself give a quick example or a rundown on how to do this? I have googled and read, but curious to see if what I read was right.

Options based hedge using the S&P 500 ETF ticker SPY. He's saying with this wild run, take down some profits and use 3% of that to buy SPY puts in March. When this run ends, it'll likely end pretty hard and puts can pay.

SPY closed at 383.79 today.

SPY 3/19 335 puts closed today with an Ask of $2.52.

So if you took down 1,000 in profits - use some of that to buy 1 put contract for ~$252.00
FbgTxAg
AG
What are we looking at as next resistance on $CLOV?

16.0?
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Engine10
AG
FbgTxAg said:

16.0?

FJ43
$HYLN

Someone brought this up and just had a chance to look at the charts. This looks interesting to me chart wise and given the EV press. Mixed thoughts on the company but looking at volume and price action. Closed outside of the channel but bounced the 50 day. If this has continuation tomorrow could see this getting back to the $25 range before regrouping.

What say you?

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FbgTxAg
AG
Engine10 said:

FbgTxAg said:

16.0?

I'm good with this. Will hold accordingly.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
thirdcoast
AG
TexasAg2017
AG
To anyone that uses TWS:

How do you guys have yours set up? I finally got it downloaded onto my computer but holy crap is it overwhelming to look at. So much going on. Looks like I'll be watching some youtube videos on how to navigate and use this to its fullest extent.
Engine10
AG
For real does look like $16 big level to cross then cleared to $17. If there is some news/announcement or other lightning event like we think may happen, that could be the catalyst to push us through.
FJ43
TexasAg2017 said:

To anyone that uses TWS:

How do you guys have yours set up? I finally got it downloaded onto my computer but holy crap is it overwhelming to look at. So much going on. Looks like I'll be watching some youtube videos on how to navigate and use this to its fullest extent.
There is a thread that recently started for those on it to share tips, setups, etc. but just getting started. Feel free to DM me and I can share with you some of the things I have learned the past month.

https://texags.com/forums/57/topics/3177021
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FbgTxAg
AG
Danwell Home said:

I don't remember having to get approved. I do know they have a default setting you need to change when you order. Change from "day" to "day + etx" for the expiration.

Although Progs answer gets more stars, this is correct.

Day + EXT is all it took. I think I've lost millions simply not knowing this.

You. Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.
wanderer
wanderer said:

CPDAggie10 said:

AgEng06 said:

Engine10 said:

Rice and Fries said:

Engine10 said:

$7+ AMC
This was another huge short squeeze play. Be warned.

There's a group here in 2023 $2.5 leaps, we're already well in the money, this is the cocaine laced gravy on top
Damn. Just to fuel my FOMO, what was the general entry price?
$1.65 here. I was late to the party I think others are below 1.50
$1.57 here. It's a good problem to have, but I'm finding it difficult to play. This shorting euphoria will be long gone by 2023, but there's still good reason for the stock to be solid in the long term. I'm currently aiming to sell 25% at $6.3 in order to go net free (IF it actually gets that high). I think the ticker is going to have to get to $7-$7.50 for that to happen.

I'd love to hear how others are treating it.
$7.61 AH, that oughta do it for AMC leaps

Edit: $8.22 now. Wowza
FTAG 2000
AG
Engine10 said:

For real does look like $16 big level to cross then cleared to $17. If there is some news/announcement or other lightning event like we think may happen, that could be the catalyst to push us through.
For?
fightintxag13
AG
CLOV
Fireman
AG
AG 2000' said:

Engine10 said:

For?
$CLOV
McInnis 03
AG
I just started to comprehend this GME situation.

It's not just about money. The WSB kids are going to exercise their calls..that means shares have to be delivered. That means naked calls have to get covered, and that means at near current value.

This rocket may just be leaving the pad.

This is not a rec to play, only to watch. If what I'm thinking is right, this could have a much higher forced move.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
La Bamba
AG
nvm can't get link to work
YNWA_AG
AG
Where did you think the sell at $1000 idea came from lol. Some want $2000
FbgTxAg
AG
Say what you will about the "market mob," if they run-up AMC like GME they are going to single-handedly keep this party going for the short-term.

Unfortunately, the thing about mobs is, they will trample you in a stampede when "fear" sets in.
TxAG#2011
McInnis 03 said:

It's not just about money. The WSB kids are going to exercise their calls..that means shares have to be delivered. That means naked calls have to get covered, and that means at near current value.

This is not a rec to play, only to watch. If what I'm thinking is right, this could have a much higher forced move.
But what happens here if they literally cannot afford to buy it? What happens to those calls?
wanderer
They would either have to sell before expiration or have a margin call from their broker.
LarryL
McInnis 03 said:

I saw that on their thread today, they're all planning to exercise Friday afternoon. And WSB appears to have the upper hand for now.

If you haven't had a chance to read some of the WSB thread on GME, it's definitely worth taking a look at. There's some real gold in there...https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/
Mr President Elect
AG
GOGO must be getting into the short play too now.
irish pete ag06
AG
Engine10 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

oldarmy1 said:

We're going to be calling this thread "The Millionaire Makers"

$AMC now again. Craziness.

Just add to Put hedges out to March with 3% of profits. This game of musical short crush will end.
Can you or someone else smarter than myself give a quick example or a rundown on how to do this? I have googled and read, but curious to see if what I read was right.

Options based hedge using the S&P 500 ETF ticker SPY. He's saying with this wild run, take down some profits and use 3% of that to buy SPY puts in March. When this run ends, it'll likely end pretty hard and puts can pay.

SPY closed at 383.79 today.

SPY 3/19 335 puts closed today with an Ask of $2.52.

So if you took down 1,000 in profits - use some of that to buy 1 put contract for ~$252.00
So this? I have made a few options orders and I still have to double and triple check myself.

Jet Black
So is amc a buy at the open tomorrow?
Rice and Fries
McInnis 03 said:

Exactly what I was trying to point out earlier. These fuddruckers are going to take shares to keep them from relieving short pressure and nailing the coffin closed as they have to recover because they want to drive it in the money at absurd prices to exercise the shares. It's still has shorts float % at 130%+ of outstanding shares. It's drawing in shorters at the higher prices this feed back loop.

It may not be Melvin, or Citron, but surely one of these major short hedge funds is going to explode on this if they aren't careful.
gig em 02
Those idiots aren't going to use margin to exercise are they
FJ43

Rice and Fries
I mean guys, come on. This is what your dealing with in GME.

McInnis 03
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

McInnis 03 said:

But what happens here if they literally cannot afford to buy it? What happens to those calls?

Example: DeepFingValue has 800 $12 calls. If he exercises he owes $960,000. Well, he had 1000 contracts. He sold 200 at about $65 early and got about $1.2MM. That's his money to cover the shares. I think a ton of them are doing just this. DFV is literally net free on his 800 calls!
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Rice and Fries
Boy he is way past net free at this point.
First Page Last Page
Page 2915 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.