Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,085,008 Views | 231810 Replies | Last: 13 sec ago by Heineken-Ashi
Engine10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AHEM $AMC RUNNIN - $5.95
Engine10
AG
$6.50
Bird Poo
AG
Engine10 said:

AHEM $AMC RUNNIN - $5.95
TxAG#2011
AMC LFG.
M.C. Swag
AG
JAggie2007 said:

u/DFV's latest post.

Serious question:

Why don't 1 of these hedge funds offer to pay DFV $50m to close his position and post it on reddit? I'd imagine that would be enough to startle the WSB crowds into profit taking and would save the shorters BILLIONS of dollars.

Is it illegal to entice someone to close their position? lol
Engine10
AG
With massive volume too. Fly you fools!
oldarmy1
AG
We're going to be calling this thread "The Millionaire Makers"

$AMC now again. Craziness.

Just add to Put hedges out to March with 3% of profits. This game of musical short crush will end.
Bird Poo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Just add to Put hedges out to March with 3% of profits. This game of musical short crush will end.
The question is, when to get out of these crazy leaps. Already net free....
SquareOne07
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Is this what we're gonna do? Are we gonna Reddit AMC?
CPDAggie10
AG
PHUN just drifting away....
Rice and Fries
I highly suggest anyone who is interested in taking new positions in GME or buying options to take their hand off the trigger.

Don't put anything you can't stand to lose. This isn't a craps table you're playing with, its a roulette table with 59 black spots and 1 red and you are putting money down on red being rolled. Just don't do it. View from the sideline, buy CLOV, WWR or your wife flowers if you want to spend the cash. Just don't buy GME if you can't stand to lose any of the cash.
gougler08
AG
Looks like I'll be rolling some covered calls on AMC in a couple weeks
tam2002
AG
Bought 500 shares of AMC just for the hell of it at 4.40 today just incase Reddit got it. Wish I would of bought 5k watching it now
young eugene
AG
FYI.. the VW short squeeze was mentioned earlier and this is apparently how it played out.
[url=https://www.forbes.com/sites/simonmoore/2021/01/25/after-sky-rocketing-gamestops-short-squeeze-saga-continues-but-its-less-unusual-than-you-might-think/?sh=17ac0935083c][/url]
Quote:

In 2008 Volkswagen, like GameStop was a favorite of short sellers, but saw a massive rise in price over a short period in October 2008 when the stock doubled toward the end of the month. What happened after that? Volkwagen did fall back in price, but it took a few months to do so. Up fast, down slow. Researchers have seen that pattern too, short squeeze candidates can fall back in the months after they rally based on history.

This suggests that if history is any guide GameStop may fall back far more slowly than it has risen rather than coming crashing back down to earth, though it's trajectory will ultimately be informed by its business results. But stocks jumping on short squeezes are not all that unusual, and not necessarily a sign that the market is seeing dislocation.

After Sky Rocketing, GameStop's Short Squeeze Saga Continues, But It's Less Unusual Than You Might Think (forbes.com)
[url=https://www.forbes.com/sites/simonmoore/2021/01/25/after-sky-rocketing-gamestops-short-squeeze-saga-continues-but-its-less-unusual-than-you-might-think/?sh=17ac0935083c][/url]
Topher17
AG
tam2002 said:

Bought 500 shares of AMC just for the hell of it at 4.40 today just incase Reddit got it. Wish I would of bought 5k watching it now
Sat looking at it all day, but just couldn't pull the trigger. Kicking myself now.
Engine10
AG
$7+ AMC
Rice and Fries
Rice and Fries said:

I highly suggest anyone who is interested in taking new positions in GME or buying options to take their hand off the trigger.

Don't put anything you can't stand to lose. This isn't a craps table you're playing with, its a roulette table with 59 black spots and 1 red and you are putting money down on red being rolled. Just don't do it. View from the sideline, buy CLOV, WWR or your wife flowers if you want to spend the cash. Just don't buy GME if you can't stand to lose any of the cash.
Michael Burry, who has long had a position in GME for years just tweeted this:

"If I put GME on your radar, and you did well, I'm genuinely happy for you. However, whats going on now - there should be legal and regulatory repercussions. This is unnatural, insane and dangerous"
CPDAggie10
AG
oldarmy1 said:

You are able to trade options AH?

Is that an Interactive Broker thing? I don't think TDA/TOS offers after hours options trading...but maybe I'm wrong.
McKinney Ag69
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Thanks rice and fries. There are probably many here who need to hear this .
Running with the Bulls
$FUBO rolling AH
Rice and Fries
Engine10 said:

$7+ AMC
This was another huge short squeeze play. Be warned.
tramaro1
AG
Fubo running too, pull a GME please!!
Rice and Fries
E
AG
What the hell is the driving force behind Game Stops rocket?!?!

Weren't they close to going bankrupt last year or closing a lot of locations?
Decay
AG
Dangerous?
FTAG 2000
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Setting aside options, is this a good / bad time to buy stock straight up?

And yep, looking forward to getting my option learn on Thursday.
AgEng06
AG
E said:

What the hell is the driving force behind Game Stops rocket?!?!

Weren't they close to going bankrupt last year or closing a lot of locations?
It's a short squeeze that has absolutely nothing to do with the company and everything to do with the large amount of short sellers.

/as far as I understand it, anyway
leoj
AG
$PLTR dropping ah, guess demo day was sell the news for some reason
Running with the Bulls
Engine10
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Engine10 said:

$7+ AMC

There's a group here in 2023 $2.5 leaps, we're already well in the money, this is the cocaine laced gravy on top
AgEng06
AG
Engine10 said:

Rice and Fries said:

Engine10 said:

$7+ AMC

There's a group here in 2023 $2.5 leaps, we're already well in the money, this is the cocaine laced gravy on top
Damn. Just to fuel my FOMO, what was the general entry price?
Ags2013
AG
Let's do MBIO now! Or SNDL. Those two are holding me down today.
bmks270
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Rice and Fries said:

"If I put GME on your radar, and you did well, I'm genuinely happy for you. However, whats going on now - there should be legal and regulatory repercussions. This is unnatural, insane and dangerous"

Maybe short selling more than 100% of shares should be illegal. Or short selling in general. Getting burned by their own loose regulations that they lobby for.
Rice and Fries
bmks270 said:

Rice and Fries said:

Rice and Fries said:

Maybe short selling more than 100% of shares should be illegal. Or short selling in general. Getting burned by their own lack of regulation that they wished for.
To put this in perspective for everyone - there was $20B of volume traded on the GME today.

CPDAggie10
AG
AgEng06 said:

Engine10 said:

Rice and Fries said:

Engine10 said:

$7+ AMC

Damn. Just to fuel my FOMO, what was the general entry price?
$1.65 here. I was late to the party I think others are below 1.50
First Page Last Page
Page 2913 of 6624

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.