Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,996,884 Views | 231592 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by spud1910
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Volume on it today is insane.
Post removed:
by user
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

Volume on it today is insane.
Must have been my 10 calls bought last week
irish pete ag06
AG
oldarmy1 said:

unless you are in an accumulation trade long term and even then I'd have 50% at minimum with covered calls.
So I do most of trading at the moment in an IRA that I am 20+ years away from touching. This is what I will be working towards.
McInnis 03
AG
Value based double-up play if you're up for it.

$U
155/160 call spread
$1.95 (max pay $5)
Feb 19

the 5 and 10 day MA's are below us, it didn't touch either on the pullback this morning. 195calls are getting swept today. Current trade price is $154 so it doesn't have to move much and it has a nice range.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
Another move I'm jumping on is selling BTBT put spreads....sell the 15/12.5 put spread for Feb 19. Looks like you can get $1.35 maybe, max risk is 2.50. Has a bullish looking chart to me.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
McKinney Ag69
AG
satexas
AG
$BMIX is now at 400%. It punched .03 and now it's about to nail .04. I sold at .18 on a dip but that was at 175% so I was happy. The fact it surged again is crazy.
Gonna have to flush the toilet, but that's one expensive poo.
fightintxag13
AG
PHUN volume spike
McInnis 03
AG
satexas said:

$BMIX is now at 400%. It punched .03 and now it's about to nail .04. I sold at .18 on a dip but that was at 175% so I was happy. The fact it surged again is crazy.
FOMO warning, the guy who posted the trade idea said that if it rallies on Monday, wait to buy it on a dip.

B&I Key:
oldarmy1
AG
PHUN buyer is back. 4th day in a row during this hour.
tam2002
AG
McInnis 03 said:

satexas said:

FOMO warning, the guy who posted the trade idea said that if it rallies on Monday, wait to buy it on a dip.

I bought a little bit this morning and sold for a nice gain but have kicked myself for not staying in. Have been patient and not getting in again today tho that thing has to come back down to Earth
Fireman
AG
satexas said:

Could she get to a $0.25? Penny, nickel, dime, quarter......
Colt98
AG
This is alwyas my biggest concern. Currently I'm sitting at 12% cash in my trading account and 100% invested in my IRA.

In my trading account over the last few weeks I have slowly getting into more cash. All stocks held are MA stocks with 50% CC against. Options are mainly ones discuses here plus a few nio,appl, feye leaps. I have begun to play smaller contracts on the options. I like where the MA stocks are at and would be hard to sell any at these levels. I have cleaned up some of my smaller holding to generate more cash and lower some margin I have have. Would like to get that down to only the current s naked puts i have.

In IRA all stocks owned are MA stocks with 50% CC on them. Should I just sell half of all of these to get to 50% cash?

I would say managing dollar amounts would be the #1 question I have for the seminar.
Talon2DSO
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

oldarmy1 said:

unless you are in an accumulation trade long term and even then I'd have 50% at minimum with covered calls.
So I do most of trading at the moment in an IRA that I am 20+ years away from touching. This is what I will be working towards.

Thats where I'm at as well. Can't touch any of this for some time. This was roll over from previous employers so I can't add either.
oldarmy1
AG
Colt98 said:

This is alwyas my biggest concern. Currently I'm sitting at 12% cash in my trading account and 100% invested in my IRA.

In my trading account over the last few weeks I have slowly getting into more cash. All stocks held are MA stocks with 50% CC against. Options are mainly ones discuses here plus a few nio,appl, feye leaps. I have begun to play smaller contracts on the options. I like where the MA stocks are at and would be hard to sell any at these levels. I have cleaned up some of my smaller holding to generate more cash and lower some margin I have have. Would like to get that down to only the current s naked puts i have.

In IRA all stocks owned are MA stocks with 50% CC on them. Should I just sell half of all of these to get to 50% cash?

I would say managing dollar amounts would be the #1 question I have for the seminar.
I wouldn't sell any MA stocks but up the CC to 75% instead. They could retrace to lower levels where you initially bought but I don't see as much risk long term.
jbeck3487
AG
khaos288 said:

Prognightmare said:

Beautiful day for golf
Heading out to play 9 after work for sure.

Gotta tame the driver some. It was solid all winter, but suddenly missing both ways. As soon as I start striking irons, the driver always acts up.
I can definitely relate.
fightintxag13
AG
PHUN challenging for a new HOD
McInnis 03
AG
Let me introduce you to the GME short. His name is Melvin.

B&I Key:
Bird Poo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

We have a lot of new traders on here and you've made some great gains. Congrats!

Now here this. Did you see the rip today and some of you commented on going from nice and green to red? Now you are likely back either green or even.

Take that experience you had and multiple it times 50 because when the correction hits that's what its like multiple days. Endless days it seems at the time UNLESS you approach trading with strict disciplines. NVDA is $546+ after flashing down to under $530 from over $554 this morning.

Last year the correction took it from $317 to $180. I would guestimate a correction occurring by March would see an NVDA drop to $400 area. A stock like SNAP would go from the mid-$50 to under $40 ($37 flash target). Brutal. You continue trading but with each push upward I get thinner and thinner.

I'm 50%+ cash and only 10% of cash is in what I would call current options or share + option new trades. That's it. Now because its options, when I'm right the ROI's are crushing being in shares anyways but the other reason is if we wake up some morning to limit down futures I consider my options trades as expendable, since I'm using only a portion of profits since December.

I know I'm sending multiple messages on a market that could continue higher. As long as it does we obey the signals and technicals for options trading. Right now market action suggests a shake occurred and we have room to go but that's what the market is going to look like when the correction comes.

I know if I had $10k last year and am staring at $50k right now I would have myself firmly in 80% cash unless you are in an accumulation trade long term and even then I'd have 50% at minimum with covered calls.

Your ROI beat the contest winner among professional traders for 2020.

My scenario: taxable account with about 90% locked up in MA plays. I understand this is not ideal but suspect many folks new to trading think they need to have their capital tied to something--at least I did. Curious if I should sell some of the MA stocks to get back to reasonable cash reserves.
ag94whoop
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Kinda having a day.....

I felt good about my day until I saw that
gougler08
AG
I'm green even with MGNI in the toilet so I'll take it
McInnis 03
AG
More on the GME short kill....

Plotkin's other big shorts? BBBY and DDS

B&I Key:
Engine10
AG
BMIX moonshot 650% now!

Sold for net free way too early
Cloud
BMIX holy ****
spud1910
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Colt98 said:

I wouldn't sell any MA stocks but up the CC to 75% instead. They could retrace to lower levels where you initially bought but I don't see as much risk long term.
Still hold ONTX since no options?
Cloud
Engine10 said:

BMIX moonshot 650% now!

you and me both.
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

More on the GME short kill....

Plotkin's other big shorts? BBBY and DDS
Gabe better pray that the cartels didn't invest in that hedge fund.
McInnis 03
AG
Engine10 said:

BMIX moonshot 650% now!

OA, WAS THAT YOU?!

B&I Key:
leoj
AG
$PLTR on the move again, over $37 should be interesting.
tremble
AG
**** I tried to get in at .017 or w/e and cancelled when it looked stuck
jbeck3487
AG
I sold my SDC Feb 11.5 calls and rolled a portion of profits into the 15's.
oldarmy1
AG
spud1910 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Colt98 said:

Still hold ONTX since no options?
Asbolutely
McInnis 03
AG
If this is a multiday run for SDC, look out above!

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
He is egging them on.

I'm watching the Jan 30 calls on CLVS get pinged in a small way ATM. lol

B&I Key:
First Page Last Page
Page 2891 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.