Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,998,773 Views | 231600 Replies | Last: 23 min ago by EliteZags
deadbq03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

Man that's a weird cherry-picked start date more than halfway down the Covid market nose-dive. I'd love to see YOY figures.

But even with the start date, I'm not sure what this really shows. Considering SPY has gone up 42% since March 13 (and QQQ has gone up 70%), you could argue that half these guys just basically market-performed; some even underperformed significantly (Gates, Buffett).
McInnis 03
AG
leoj said:

Feb145s??
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Brewmaster
AG
Yeah listen to Mostly, 30k has been saying the same. The longer we cruise upward the closer we are to a pullback. Stonks don't only go up Adam and OA's levels have been pure gold by the way.

Fitch
AG
Given the last 9-10 months have been an enduring extend and pretend a correction always seemed warranted. Post election timing and fewer moving pieces with politics and pandemic help narrow forecasting uncertainty.

But hell, it's Monday. A lot can happen in a week.
62strat
AG
deadbq03 said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Man that's a weird cherry-picked start date more than halfway down the Covid market nose-dive. I'd love to see YOY figures.

It's definitely misleading to show networth at the bottom of the market.

Compare today's networth to that of say 2/1/2020. Much less dramatic.
BPCAg05
AG
Yep, both
AgEE10
AG
That's the only thing I saw that had a big spike.
oldarmy1
AG
khaos288 said:

Challenger 17 said:

bought 300 shares and sold 2 covered calls
I like that approach. Use covered calls on 2/3 and have 1/3 as a long runner.
khaos288
AG
oldarmy1 said:

khaos288 said:

Challenger 17 said:

bought 300 shares and sold 2 covered calls
I like that approach. Use covered calls on 2/3 and have 1/3 as a long runner.
Thanks, I learn from the best

edit: worked great for me on Mara. Got a solid lot of net free shares, and then sold them after the big run up.
oldarmy1
AG
COTY flashed under the 50DMA and now working on an engulfing candle. No options only shares and having bought back the covered calls I'm entering a new round because those DMA lines look destined to converge, which would extend this channel indefinitely. Eat premium, eat premium
Post removed:
by user
AgsnFly
AG
With other obligations this morning I and just seeing that I am short 1000 SPY from some puts assignments on Friday that I failed to notice. Too bad I missed the earlier sell-off - would have been a good level to cover. Any advice for rest of session risk reward?
leoj
AG
Engine10
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Anyone grab ABML or BMIX from Houstonaggies picks?????

Yeah I cashed out BMIX for a nice chunk of net free today! Hiding that away in the Free TOS group
ProgN
SDC flying
jbeck3487
AG
CVET working on a cup on the all time chart.
sts7049
AG
Engine10 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Anyone grab ABML or BMIX from Houstonaggies picks?????

Yeah I cashed out BMIX for a nice chunk of net free today! Hiding that away in the Free TOS group
i've been in on both, i am already net free long ago on ABML and today i'm free on BMIX as well.
khaos288
AG
man, liquidating options frees up cash. I'm somehow 40% cash right now.

got some parked in mvis and clov. Any other Texags longs to dump in?
satexas
AG
$WWR
Gonna have to flush the toilet, but that's one expensive poo.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Kinda having a day.....

irish pete ag06
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Kinda having a day.....

I'm with you. It's my best day of all time.
McInnis 03
AG

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
cjo03
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Kinda having a day.....

Ya, and I'm gonna kinda need you to post more.
cptthunder
The volume on TAK is going big again today. It made a push this morning but nothing huge and it seems like this should go
gougler08
AG
SDC calls working out well
khaos288
AG
satexas said:

$WWR
Got a bunch of that one at 4.84
McKinney Ag69
AG

Jumped in for a couple of contracts. YOLO
gougler08
AG
Net free on ZHUD
ProgN
Beautiful day for golf
Colt98
AG
I love it when you can go net free on less than 50% of your trade..SDC!!
oldarmy1
AG
We have a lot of new traders on here and you've made some great gains. Congrats!

Now here this. Did you see the rip today and some of you commented on going from nice and green to red? Now you are likely back either green or even.

Take that experience you had and multiple it times 50 because when the correction hits that's what its like multiple days. Endless days it seems at the time UNLESS you approach trading with strict disciplines. NVDA is $546+ after flashing down to under $530 from over $554 this morning.

Last year the correction took it from $317 to $180. I would guestimate a correction occurring by March would see an NVDA drop to $400 area. A stock like SNAP would go from the mid-$50 to under $40 ($37 flash target). Brutal. You continue trading but with each push upward I get thinner and thinner.

I'm 50%+ cash and only 10% of cash is in what I would call current options or share + option new trades. That's it. Now because its options, when I'm right the ROI's are crushing being in shares anyways but the other reason is if we wake up some morning to limit down futures I consider my options trades as expendable, since I'm using only a portion of profits since December.

I know I'm sending multiple messages on a market that could continue higher. As long as it does we obey the signals and technicals for options trading. Right now market action suggests a shake occurred and we have room to go but that's what the market is going to look like when the correction comes.

I know if I had $10k last year and am staring at $50k right now I would have myself firmly in 80% cash unless you are in an accumulation trade long term and even then I'd have 50% at minimum with covered calls.

Your ROI beat the contest winner among professional traders for 2020.

tlepoC
AG
I just absolutely love this SDC channel. Playing it every which way and taking profits along the way (because it's also burned me bad before)
McInnis 03
AG
The call sweeps coming on on SDC are ALL over the time frames. One thing is certain though, they're attackign the $15 price point hard.

B&I Key:
gougler08
AG
McInnis 03 said:

The call sweeps coming on on SDC are ALL over the time frames. One thing is certain though, they're attackign the $15 price point hard.
It would break through the channel to get to $15 but seems like they're trying to do it today
khaos288
AG
Prognightmare said:

Beautiful day for golf
Heading out to play 9 after work for sure.

Gotta tame the driver some. It was solid all winter, but suddenly missing both ways. As soon as I start striking irons, the driver always acts up.
First Page Last Page
Page 2890 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.