Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,003,149 Views | 231610 Replies | Last: 31 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Mostly Foggy Recollection
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Volatility is still elevated and slowly ticking up. Be on guard.
Both.

I'll post examples tonight of my cash position, bull trade positions and hedges.
Jet Black
Something like UVXY seems like easy money right now. Why am I wrong?
oldarmy1
AG
BREwmaster said:

McInnis 03 said:

Mancini seems to like the fact that ES is trying to push back to 3840, and he's of the thought that if we get back to 3840 the near term bottom was just had.
Sounds right, I think he is also of the thought we hit 3900 before any sizeable pull back.
It was within 5 points of where I had charted and hope this develops. Right now all the selling was quick consolidation on partial profit taking from big money. Money flow would balance out and continue upward unless it was the first salvo and that's what I'm wanting to determine as quickly as possible.
McKinney Ag69
AG

LOL
South Platte
Isn't that just incredible. Wow, what a day.
McKinney Ag69
AG
ClutchCityAg
Let it ride
khaos288
AG
TDA you've got to have the buying power to hold 100 shares of amzn to sell the bull credit spread?

That's some bull credit spread right that
BrokeAssAggie
Newbie question, so when you see these big rug pulls like today is that because a big institution started it then lots people with stop losses in place followed suit?
bmks270
AG
I went long 3 GME shares premarket at $98 just to participate in the madness. Set a $71 stop. Got stopped out, total loss on GME $82. It was fun at least to watch it hit $160.
McInnis 03
AG
Somethings wrong there. You should only have to have power to handle the difference of the spreads
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
khaos288
AG
Challenger 17 said:

bought 300 shares and sold 2 covered calls
ProgN
Something tells me the close today could get very interesting.
khaos288
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Somethings wrong there. You should only have to have power to handle the difference of the spreads
Yeah, may be a weird account thing. I'm chatting trade desk now. Wait time 1 hour.
Let it settle back into the 10s. Yes, taking a starter position here wouldn't be terrible but I don't want you upset if we go on another mini tear upwards here and it settles at 10.
backintexas2013
AG
Prognightmare said:

Good or bad?
Charlie Conway
backintexas2013 said:

Prognightmare said:

Good or bad?
yes
AgEE10
AG
khaos288 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Yeah, may be a weird account thing. I'm chatting trade desk now. Wait time 1 hour.
Do you have margin on? I think I had that same issue before margin turned on.
McInnis 03
AG
Wonder if anyone has ever researched if there are correlations on days like today where lots of vendors had issues (etrade, vanguard, etc) and stop loss runs occur....
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG

B&I Key:
aggies4life
AG
What would you do with a big position in $nkla. Cut the loss and put that money to work in something else??
ebdb_bnb
I follow Adam as well. I took some 385 calls last week on the 3840 break. They successfully shook me out when it broke 3800.
I'm still of the belief this is our last hurrah, especially with huge earnings reports this week. I expect a tear into close and a strongish week before you start to see liquidity dry and volatility sky rocket.

We are on the cusp of a correction. It may be a month or two, but it's coming. You can see signs this morning.
Shundere
On think or swim when doing covered calls, so I have to choose covered stock instead of single when selling a call? Or does it not matter as long as I hold at least 100 shares of a stock?
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Shundere said:

On think or swim when doing covered calls, so I have to choose covered stock instead of single when selling a call? Or does it not matter as long as I hold at least 100 shares of a stock?

Covered stock would mean you buy 100 shares and sell the call at the same time.

If you have shares, just a single leg is what you do.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am taking some heat on SQ - this could be setting a hammer bottom.
Brewmaster
AG
oldarmy1 said:

BREwmaster said:

McInnis 03 said:

Mancini seems to like the fact that ES is trying to push back to 3840, and he's of the thought that if we get back to 3840 the near term bottom was just had.
Sounds right, I think he is also of the thought we hit 3900 before any sizeable pull back.
It was within 5 points of where I had charted and hope this develops. Right now all the selling was quick consolidation on partial profit taking from big money. Money flow would balance out and continue upward unless it was the first salvo and that's what I'm wanting to determine as quickly as possible.
Yep great call! I sold my lone spy put near the bottom today and bought a couple SPY calls on the dip, for play money (just sold them for doubles). These levels don't lie!

Looking forward to the seminar Thursday!
McKinney Ag69
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

I'm still of the belief this is our last hurrah, especially with huge earnings reports this week. I expect a tear into close and a strongish week before you start to see liquidity dry and volatility sky rocket.

We are on the cusp of a correction. It may be a month or two, but it's coming. You can see signs this morning.
Isn't this just pure conjecture? It could go on for another two years, or crash and burn tomorrow. No one really knows.
fightintxag13
AG
As one of the guys I subscribe to constantly says, we don't make money trading predictions. We make money trading price. I should emphasize that he says "trading" and not "investing."
Well, in theory, anything can happen, so yeah, call it conjecture.

My view on the market is backed by things happening in it right now. I also talk to professionals who have the same sentiment.

Hell, I'm all for this thing rocketing to Jupiter, but I'm much stronger hedge positions than I've been in a long while.
leoj
AG
McInnis 03
AG
Anyone grab ABML or BMIX from Houstonaggies picks?????

B&I Key:
BrokeAssAggie
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Well, in theory, anything can happen, so yeah, call it conjecture.

My view on the market is backed by things happening in it right now. I also talk to professionals who have the same sentiment.

Hell, I'm all for this thing rocketing to Jupiter, but I'm much stronger hedge positions than I've been in a long while.
What % of your portfolio?
fightintxag13 said:

As one of the guys I subscribe to constantly says, we don't make money trading predictions. We make money trading price. I should emphasize that he says "trading" and not "investing."
Agreed. If you have a plan, stick to it closely right now, and don't get out over your skis.

My 50% cash rule typically serves me well, especially in times like this.
First Page Last Page
Page 2889 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.