Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,076,378 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by El_duderino
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

TheCellarDoor said:

I'm ready to dump Fidelity, and I want the full extended market (3am to 7pm) with GTC orders including extended hours. I know interactive brokers offers that, but their mobile app reviews are terrible. Any experience with Webull? Any others to check out?
same camp as you, but I am not a mobile app trader.

I use TOS as my secondary, but their fees suck. I am also looking at Tasty Works.
tasty works is great for structuring and placing orders, terrible for charting and research.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I know you don't day trade but have you gotten around Fidelity's policy against opening same day option trades? I have been meaning to call them about that to see if there's something they can do to take that off my account.

I don't sell naked calls ever and I only sell naked puts when I would like to acquire shares at that price. If I want to waste some money on premium for same-day TSLA multi-leg option trades they should have a coke and a smile and fill my orders.
M.C. Swag
AG
Anyone else seeing the reddit militia being rallied for GME, BB and PLTR? I'm seriously considering putting 10k into these 3 stocks on Monday.
59 South
AG
No, but I think that is relatively new as in the past few months. It's absurd really that they don't allow it now. I've never bought same day options but have thought about it occasionally especially with SPY like yesterday with the gap down open. If and when I become more active (ie "retire" from corporate bs) then it would be a deal breaker for me.
Spaceship
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Anyone else seeing the reddit militia being rallied for GME, BB and PLTR? I'm seriously considering putting 10k into these 3 stocks on Monday.

Here's the story behind the GME short squeeze. Does it make sense to chase those after they spike though? Seems as though they are ripe to be shorted back down again.

My question is more about how do you screen/find the NEXT one that is overly shorted?

https://www.vice.com/amp/en/article/qjpx8w/how-chaotic-redditors-made-gamestop-stock-skyrocket-and-made-short-sellers-cry?__twitter_impression=true
tailgatetimer10
AG
Honestly, its not a bad strategy. WSB is absolutely killing it. I use to follow before this thread took off, because it was hard to sort through the BS. But lately its been insanity. A few on that sub-reddit made over 100k on the GME calls, many made 10's of thousands off small option plays.

Probably will never happen again, but awesome to see people striking it good.

https://www.reddit.com/r/stocks/comments/l3e54f/gme_infinite_gamma_squeeze_gap_in_option_market/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Should be able to run a scanner ranked on highest short % each week and look for any over a cutoff. Then review those stocks.
TheCellarDoor
AG
Does tasty works offer 3a-7p trades and GTC extended trades?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
hours I don't like:

https://tastyworks.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000504673-when-are-market-trading-hours-
ag94whoop
AG
Because I'm cheap and I do all my banking with Chase I have been using JP Morgan for investments and You Invest for my self directed swing trading. I hate not being able to operate after hours and it has almost no real tools but it's free and does trade pretty quickly.

Anyone left them in favor of other options?
gig em 02
Spaceship said:

M.C. Swag said:

Here's the story behind the GME short squeeze. Does it make sense to chase those after they spike though? Seems as though they are ripe to be shorted back down again.

My question is more about how do you screen/find the NEXT one that is overly shorted?

https://www.vice.com/amp/en/article/qjpx8w/how-chaotic-redditors-made-gamestop-stock-skyrocket-and-made-short-sellers-cry?__twitter_impression=true

AMC and EXPR I hope
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
On a weekly basis, the S&P has not reverted to the mean for 11 weeks and has been trading in a tight channel. The daily chart isn't quite so bad, but there have been no daily closes below the mean in ~55 trading periods, and the market has been continuously up since October 30th. If it were to reverse from the 3859 high and performed a model T, that would take us to the 3550 territory. I don't know when this is going to happen, but it is going to happen soon.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$TAK. A bunch of you guys are in this one. It could gap and go at open. I would grab this on a dip.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$XL I am in this with shares and I will sell $20P. Do you see your entry? Don't be surprised if this runs.

FbgTxAg
AG

$XL I am in this with shares and I will sell $20P. Do you see your entry? Don't be surprised if this runs.

I'm your Huckleberry.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$DIS. This could explode upwards (to $183). Look at those gaps, though. Holy s. If you enter, have a tight stop at $169

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$GM. This is a short opportunity, either via puts or call credit spreads. I would personally enter when price goes below $54.22 and I would have two targets: gap fill down to 51.50 area and reversion to mean at 49 area.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$NVDA. We could be getting near time to fly.

ag94whoop
AG
I don't play options at all. Just straight stock.
So the risk reward is different.

I exited most positions last week and only holding $SDC and $UPWK. I expect to move on $UPWK this week but not sure how smile direct will play, hoping a rapid uptrend is on the way.

I'm trying to figure out if PLTR, GME, EXPR, GILT or any other active movers would be good buy-ins on Monday for a 1-7 day swing.
gig em 02
If you haven't shared already, what is your preferred way to hedge here? I'm holding stocks I don't necessarily want to sell yet because I think they have long term potential, but I'm also up enough that I don't want to lose everything (and don't have enough shares in all of them for covered calls).

Ive seen OAs spy puts and the UVXY shares, but do you have any other hedging tricks that you like?

aggies4life
AG
As always, thanks for these charts.

If you get the chance, can you do one for sunw or give your opinion. I have someone wanting to know what move to make on it after a large gain. .38 from may to now at $22ish....wanted to get an opinion from someone who knows charts and relay it to him...thank you.
tam2002
AG
I've had my eye on XL think I'll take a position Monday
Mostly Foggy Recollection
I've been in XL for a while now. Agreed on upward movement this week. Any catalyst and those shorts will cover fast as this one has a lot of eyes.

What I love about XL is that they ARE NOT a EV manufacturer of new cars. They retrofit existing, meaning their cycle time is very short from order to payment versus others in this space.

When analysts look at their Cash Conversion Cycle and Op Margin versus peers, it is always going to be a strong point.
Been waiting on 600 for a while now.
oldarmy1
AG

On a weekly basis, the S&P has not reverted to the mean for 11 weeks and has been trading in a tight channel. The daily chart isn't quite so bad, but there have been no daily closes below the mean in ~55 trading periods, and the market has been continuously up since October 30th. If it were to reverse from the 3859 high and performed a model T, that would take us to the 3550 territory. I don't know when this is going to happen, but it is going to happen soon.

You keep taking what the market gives you but one can't help be thinking we're on borrowed time. But that's why other than very select new share entries we're using options AND hedges. When you have the PLTR's who cares about the hedges dropping in value each day as long as your trades and positions are working? And when that selloff comes the hedges will have an immediate jump.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
aggies4life said:

As always, thanks for these charts.

If you get the chance, can you do one for sunw or give your opinion. I have someone wanting to know what move to make on it after a large gain. .38 from may to now at $22ish....wanted to get an opinion from someone who knows charts and relay it to him...thank you.
This is at extraordinarily high risk of collapsing back to $18 or lower.

I read your other post on the capital gains situation. Your friend needs to enter a collar. I would pick the date when you pass the LT threshold. On Monday (depending on open but assuming where we are now), I would sell 25C covered calls for the entire basis and I would buy 21P for the entire share base. The covered calls should cover the costs of the puts or close to it. At expiration, let yourself get exercised in either direction.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
gig em 02 said:

If you haven't shared already, what is your preferred way to hedge here? I'm holding stocks I don't necessarily want to sell yet because I think they have long term potential, but I'm also up enough that I don't want to lose everything (and don't have enough shares in all of them for covered calls).

Ive seen OAs spy puts and the UVXY shares, but do you have any other hedging tricks that you like?

At the moment, I have a large base of SPXU shares that I haven't gotten rid of. I have felt real pain holding these, but they are a hedge and I will get triplicate gain on the downside. I chose this path because the timing is unclear. Like OA just pointed out, IDGAF about the value declining on these because my gains from trades like MSFT, TDOC, and PLTR have more than made up for it.

For strategies, I like put butterflies that are pretty wide on SPY/QQQ (or my favorite SPX/NDX). I think doing a 3650/3550/3450 SPX butterfly is likely a low cost, high return trade if we have a correction. Straight up puts are OK too. I would go far enough out in time and in price where a 5-10% drop in the market has a mega return and your capital outlay is good.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Covered calls are actually a good hedge too because you are lowering your basis and keeping the shares.
A guy I follow and respect is pounding the table on GNPX and GOED. I'm doing my DD tomorrow but curious of others thoughts.

He thinks both are multi baggers from here.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
GNPX looks good. Is GOED an IPO or was it something else before? GOED looks like a solid rounded bottom pattern.
GOED came live in July of last year.
Post removed:
by user
aggies4life
AG
Thank you so much for taking the time!
bigcat22
AG
I've been taking a second look at BB all weekend because how much it's being pumped on WSB.
First Page Last Page
Page 2873 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.