Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,075,093 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by El_duderino
Bulldog73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I saw this posted. It supports my very limited understanding. Any experts have general input about this? I know it's far, far too simplistic, but the generalizations seem logical.

oldarmy1
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Cathie bought the **** out of TSM

We just scored on those TSM options. Crazy how that makes 4 stocks we've crossed over in last few weeks.
LatinAggie1997
AG
I wish I was in a place right now to do the volume most of you are doing but I greatly appreciate reading all the posts, the ones I understand and are actionable (for me), and the others.

Thank you.
irish pete ag06
AG
Lester Freamon said:

The one caveat to that (and this is what I am trying to get better at): know where your resistance points are to make sure you are not catching a falling knife if you get assigned and make sure you are comfortable owning the underlying.

I.e. if you are selling 12.5P and you know there is major resistance at 13, maybe not a good move as stock probably has room to run to the downside if it breaks 13.

Yes, is there a way to identify resistance points other than just looking at the chart where it's reversed by big volume?
CPDAggie10
AG
oldarmy1 said:

McInnis 03 said:

We just scored on those TSM options. Crazy how that makes 4 stocks we've crossed over in last few weeks.

What was the option play on TSM? Too late to enter?
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Great question. This is why I signed up for the OA1 seminar
irish pete ag06
AG
Lester Freamon said:

Great question. This is why I signed up for the OA1 seminar
See ya there! Haha
tramaro1
AG
Just got caught up on the tread from today, real work got in the way. What a freaking week and next week is primed to be a good one with FB, AAPL, GOOGL, NFLX. Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
irish pete ag06 said:

Lester Freamon said:

The one caveat to that (and this is what I am trying to get better at): know where your resistance points are to make sure you are not catching a falling knife if you get assigned and make sure you are comfortable owning the underlying.

I.e. if you are selling 12.5P and you know there is major resistance at 13, maybe not a good move as stock probably has room to run to the downside if it breaks 13.

Yes, is there a way to identify resistance points other than just looking at the chart where it's reversed by big volume?

The support/resistance from previous reversals the you mentioned are good.
Moving averages are good - shorter time periods represent where the average buyer/seller made their moves over the last 5, 9, 21 days and the longer ones like 50 or 100 day moving averages may represent breakeven points for bigger money.
There is also pivot points, representing the supply/demand base of the previous hourly, daily, or weekly candle.

I tend to look at 9, 21, and 50 ema as well as previous resistance and support prices first. I'm very interested as well to hear OAs thought process on PTs and choosing strike levels for options.
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

This makes me smile.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

oldarmy1
AG
Bulldog73 said:

I saw this posted. It supports my very limited understanding. Any experts have general input about this? I know it's far, far too simplistic, but the generalizations seem logical.

He had a person 5 days ago ask about AMC

1st started posting on it 3 days ago best I can tell. I've seen some of his charts and they are pretty good but the first 3 bubbles on the above were after the fact. And I completely disagree with the 3rd bubble where he says "Now here's the pop and this where you'd trim your position." If you look at the volume that day (and how would you have a chart that doesn't show volume???) then you would have seen the uptick and used any pullback (he got this right) to buy additional shares.

The first trimming would therefore have been above $2.70+ vs $2.45. Also the close on the initial big green candle was as good as it gets for continuation.

Again volume would help show that most trades were at the ask, showing momentum. Same as we saw on EXPR today, which is why I said it's gonna go.

He's good at pattern recognition and that's key.

Madmarttigan
AG
Sold my calls and half my shares of PLTR, but damn if that isn't a monster of a green candle that might actually continue on next week and that guy may not be wrong with the 40 dollar target.

MGNI such a huge gain it balances my love for it being my best stock and my hate that it has gained so much it is literally a third of my portfolio despite already selling 60% of original shares.
Brewmaster
AG
oldarmy1 said:

McInnis 03 said:

YES! I just bought some cheapies and got back in today, knew it was going to rocket again soon.
aggies4life
AG
@oldarmy1

When you get a chance can you tell me your opinion on solar stocks with Biden at the helm...

More specifically sunw. Someone I know bought it at .38 in may and it's at $22 plus today..first time he looked at the account was today and of course to his surprise saw the nearly 6,000% gain on that stock...he told me he was going to cash out but with Biden pushing clean energy etc do you think it's a good idea or better to ride it higher...as always thank you for all the great trades and help you give everyone here.
Bulldog73
AG
Thanks, 99% of that makes total sense to me. I appreciate it.
Brewmaster
AG
yep, what OA said, he's spot on as usual.

and for me, these lines matter.... once it blew past the 2.90's, no reason to sell there, it was then going to fill back to 3.30 (the middle line). Then you see the sell off and profit takers there. The top line ($4) will be next week, hide n watch I haven't sold a drop, I'm waiting for the big pay day at or close to $4.

Post removed:
by user
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I don't trust him as far as I can throw him, but the chart is going buckwild about 20 min before he tweeted.

Haha. This means something now
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Holy balls!
That trade wen tthrough 5 min ago!!! THEY'RE EXPECCTING WAY MORE.

At the end of AH 59+ after closing at 56+
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Post removed:
by user
0708aggie
AG
I swear they just did this a few months ago.
GtownRAB
AG
0708aggie said:

I swear they just did this a few months ago.

They did - their strategy seems to be go up $1 at a time so no one seems to care.

They are ones I am actually fine with an increase, even though they are often. They are adding content regularly, so they are at least improving the product they offer.

That being said, there are so many streaming services now, we will rotate what we subscribe too based on what we are watching at the time. This will be the first time we cancel or pause Netflix. We will have Peacock, Disney plus, and Amazon prime for now.
Tibbers
ah the ole frog in a pot model.
McInnis 03
AG
Big week

B&I Key:
Bulldog73
AG
What's the current thought towards COTY? Still a buy and hold?
gougler08
AG
Bulldog73 said:

Broke through the flag pattern the wrong way, would wait for a reversal signal to try and buy in now
Mostly Foggy Recollection
I'm waist deep in MSFT and AAPL. Could be a bigger week than GILD week the first week of January.

I'm expecting to blow the top off of AAPL and marginally confident in MSFT.

Also looking at PINS.

The cherry on top would be XL moving north of 24, preferably 27 plus, but I don't think that happens until the first/second week of February.

I got away from my comfort zone last week and went below 50% cash, but I justified it based on technicals and this market being on meth. It paid off, but it was stupid IMO.

I need a whippin. May ask the wife for that.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Third coast - I recommend caution buying weeklies. They are cheaper but the theta decay is killer. I normally sell weeklies and buy at least two weeks out if not two months out.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I will buy weeklies after confirmation of a breakout from a flag or box that I'm in on already (shares or further dated calls) to turn up the leverage a bit. But I agree, buying weeklies hoping for a move is risky and a way to lose to Theta.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

I will buy weeklies after confirmation of a breakout from a flag or box that I'm in on already (shares or further dated calls) to turn up the leverage a bit. But I agree, buying weeklies hoping for a move is risky and a way to lose to Theta.

I do the same, but I will go in a limb and say that we have executed thousands of trades. Third coast is new to the game and I don't want to see him blow up his account
oldarmy1
AG
Seminar registrants should have received an email this morning. If you didn't please email.
EnronAg
AG
How does someone new to this thread get in on this seminar registration? Would love to learn more about investing during this historic bull market.
CPDAggie10
AG
gougler08 said:

Bulldog73 said:

Broke through the flag pattern the wrong way, would wait for a reversal signal to try and buy in now

I agree. After it breaking out the wrong way yesterday I dumped all my shares and calls. Will sit on the sidelines watching it and go put that money somewhere else.
Baby Billy
AG
EnronAg said:

How does someone new to this thread get in on this seminar registration? Would love to learn more about investing during this historic bull market.

bigtoneag
AG
I'm playing FCX earnings expecting a beat based on what copper did in Q4...or I could be totally wrong.
First Page Last Page
Page 2871 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.