Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,080,164 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by El_duderino
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
fightintxag13 said:

How are we feeling about COTY since it broke the lower trend line today? So far the 50 ema has held.

Edit: I'm only in shares. I got out of the calls last week.
Not great. Model T against the big move upward would make shares even with covered calls in the red.
FJ43
gougler08 said:

Ok so dumb Roth IRA question...for whatever reason I hadn't set one up until today and I'm using sidelined cash from my taxable account to go ahead and fund it. There's no harm in contributing the 2020 and 2021 max today right?
You'll have to check if you can contribute the 2020 funds still As far as 2021 no issues funding and putting that money to work. I did for 2021 in my ROTH.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$CWH is out of control. I love it.
gougler08
AG
FJ43 said:

gougler08 said:

Ok so dumb Roth IRA question...for whatever reason I hadn't set one up until today and I'm using sidelined cash from my taxable account to go ahead and fund it. There's no harm in contributing the 2020 and 2021 max today right?
You'll have to check if you can contribute the 2020 funds still As far as 2021 no issues funding and putting that money to work. I did for 2021 in my ROTH.
Fidelity let me do it...so I'm just going to roll with it
Mostly Foggy Recollection
XL just rocketed to 21.36. She's waking up. If we can get her north of 23/24, 27 will come quickly.
Cartographer
Good to see that it finally woke up. That was a very long channel down.
fightintxag13
AG
oldarmy1 said:

fightintxag13 said:

How are we feeling about COTY since it broke the lower trend line today? So far the 50 ema has held.

Not great. Model T against the big move upward would make shares even with covered calls in the red.
That's what I was thinking. I didn't want to be right, though.
Aggie1391
I bought 1/22 $60 GME calls on Tuesday for $.75 as a lotto ticket. I sold them at 10:38 to get my $.20 back. They are now at $15. ****.
AgEE10
AG
GME halted.

Circuit breaker.
gougler08
AG
Aggie1391 said:

I bought 1/22 $60 GME calls on Tuesday for $.75 as a lotto ticket. I sold them at 10:38 to get my $.20 back. They are now at $15. ****.
Wtf is GME on?
FJ43
oldarmy1 said:

fightintxag13 said:

Almost trimmed my position on shares even at a loss when it broke here. If it loses $6.35 for me I am trimming.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

MAROON
AG
BayAg_14 said:

GME is incredible. Guess I should have gotten in on the meme.
My son called me on this one. He is in, but just sold some to cover his cost, Letting his profit ride for awhile.

What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
JAggie2007
AG
GME halted right as I was about to go net free on my shares. Was able to go net free on my 1/22 leaps though.

r/wallstreetbets just crapped all over citron lol.
fightintxag13
AG
oldarmy1 said:

fightintxag13 said:

If the 50 ema doesn't hold, I'm gonna get out.
FJ43
gougler08 said:

FJ43 said:

gougler08 said:

I would roll with it. No reason to not have that money you are going to put in there anyway available to invest whether you do or don't near term.

2percent
AG
oldarmy1 said:

KT 90 said:

2percent said:

i may need to self evaluate. The market this month has me doing things i usually don't do.

Hold more than 5 positions.
Have 95% of my portfolio in active stocks.
Make money on a Friday. (it rained so couldn't play golf)

Too many positions is getting to be an issue for me as well. Need to evaluate over the weekend, but too many promising type positions at the moment and getting stretched too thin. I need to be more selective and pick and choose.

evaluate now. Today is pressing up and a lot of trades working to our favor but this entire move has been below yesterday close. I always get a little thinner and/or hedged on days like this near all time highs. I bought a SPY $385 call out to Wednesday on early action not showing any volume selling and just paired that with a Monday lower cost $382 Put
I needed that push thanks. Now down to my net free accounts and 2 recommended accumulates.
cisgenderedAggie
Bob Knights Liver said:

cisgenderedAggie said:

PearlJammin said:

Good lord MGNI has been crushing it. Never expected it to get near $40.

The current run up has me wondering if being too far out with covered calls is a bad thing. Yesterday I rolled out and up and have a covered $50 at Sep. is it wrong to consider rolling in and down? I think the March $35 could be traded for possibly small gain right now. That would still be 700% return if called out, but possibly guard against missing profits on a major crash in the next 9 months.

Any thoughts?
I do this regularly. I did this for Mara in order to take profits earlier, which worked out well there. It's all about balancing that risk/reward. You don't want to sell your good trades short because they have to carry the trades that don't work out. However, you have to protect your capital and take some profits.

Thank you. I did this, rolled 6 months in and $15 down. Seems strange, but makes sense right now.
MaroonDynasty
Watching the $GME war, unhalted now.
McKinney Ag69
AG
Is anyone thinking about buying GME Puts? If so what strike and date?
2percent
wanderer
gougler08 said:

FJ43 said:

gougler08 said:

can still make 2020 contributions until April 15, 2021
Mostly Foggy Recollection
wallstreetbets vs chitron is funny stuff.

You even have other fund managers commenting on it.
J_Landes89
AG
$PLTR $29.55
McInnis 03
AG
AgEE10 said:

GME halted.

Circuit breaker.

Citron covering
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
MaroonDynasty
$GME halted again, the last halt was supposed to be the end of the ride.
Philip J Fry
AG
We should be due for a mini run on ONTX soon shouldn't we? Pretty consistent over the past month at least and we are at the resistance line.
McKinney Ag69
AG
AMC Volume!!!
Josepi
AG
Jizzle89 said:

$PLTR $29.55
I had the $29 - $29.50 range in my notes as the range to start taking some profits.It's going crazy though, so I might watch it closely and let it ride a bit further
leoj
AG
Jizzle89 said:

$PLTR $29.55

Let's goooooo
gougler08
AG
wanderer said:

gougler08 said:

FJ43 said:

gougler08 said:

can still make 2020 contributions until April 15, 2021
Thanks!
KT 90
AG
oldarmy1 said:

KT 90 said:

2percent said:

i may need to self evaluate. The market this month has me doing things i usually don't do.

Hold more than 5 positions.
Have 95% of my portfolio in active stocks.
Make money on a Friday. (it rained so couldn't play golf)

Too many positions is getting to be an issue for me as well. Need to evaluate over the weekend, but too many promising type positions at the moment and getting stretched too thin. I need to be more selective and pick and choose.

evaluate now. Today is pressing up and a lot of trades working to our favor but this entire move has been below yesterday close. I always get a little thinner and/or hedged on days like this near all time highs. I bought a SPY $385 call out to Wednesday on early action not showing any volume selling and just paired that with a Monday lower cost $382 Put

Noted! I'm on it. Lunchtime = occupied

Thank you.
gougler08
AG
Challenger 17 said:

AMC Volume!!!
Some news come out? It's a volume battle all of a sudden
JAggie2007
AG
$PLTR and $GME ripping today. r/wallstreetbets must be so proud.
sts7049
AG
$TELL is up pretty good today too
McInnis 03
AG
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
First Page Last Page
Page 2862 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.