Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,085,021 Views | 231811 Replies | Last: 4 sec ago by bhanacik
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

$AMZN - After close I put in an order for a butterfly for tomorrow pinned at 3350. We'll see if Fidelity will try to fill since the order wasn't placed the day of expiry or if they kick it out.

I'm eyeing some BS YOLO flies for AMZN 1/29, 2/5, and 2/12. All way OTM. I'm trying to look at potential gamma magnet and look at upside performance before and after past earnings to give me a feel for how far out I could go.
interested in learning what you discover

Disclosure: in the $4000 2/5 call. Just looking to catch some price appreciation if this thing floats up the next week.
Ragoo
AG
Challenger 17 said:

would not suck
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Sell half my shares on a pop to 20-30, ride the rest and buy back around 10-15.

Calls will be used to either a) grab shares if nothing happens by 6/18 or b) take a large profit if we have a correction by then (exit on a 10-15% dump would be at least a 8 bagger depending on time frame)

D2F1D0
AG
$LAZR or $MVIS?
Chaos is reality, clarity is the goal, simplicity is a choice.
McInnis 03
AG
Any smarties want to get us a leg up here?

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
tramaro1
AG
Engine10 said:

FJ43 said:

Challenger 17 said:

To $40 before Feb 19th would be excellent. Heck I'll take a measly $35 by then.

I got a whole stack of $40 cc from the last run up that I'll happily get called out on! Come get em!!

What PLTR is everyone in? I am still in the original 2/5 $30. I saw this today, large put buy
Mostly Foggy Recollection
AGC?

Seen some chatter there.
FishrCoAg
AG
tramaro1 said:

Engine10 said:

FJ43 said:

Challenger 17 said:

To $40 before Feb 19th would be excellent. Heck I'll take a measly $35 by then.

I got a whole stack of $40 cc from the last run up that I'll happily get called out on! Come get em!!

What PLTR is everyone in? I am still in the original 2/5 $30. I saw this today, large put buy

When I see these large put (or call) buys, I wonder who is selling them. Is that a fair question?
tlepoC
AG
I'd sell that.
kyle field 94
AG
tlepoC said:

I'd sell that.

Pltr 25$ feb puts. I sold them today for 2.50. Similar price but definitely not similar quantities
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Selling puts on stocks you want to own at attractive entry points seems like a great way to earn premium while targeting solid entry points. What am I missing here? Was thinking about the AAPL example today before it exploded up. Puts around 130 were selling for stupid premiums.
irish pete ag06
AG
Lester Freamon said:

Selling puts on stocks you want to own at attractive entry points seems like a great way to earn premium while targeting solid entry points. What am I missing here? Was thinking about the AAPL example today before it exploded up. Puts around 130 were selling for stupid premiums.
Yep. This is my new obsession.
Mr President Elect
AG
Lester Freamon said:

Selling puts on stocks you want to own at attractive entry points seems like a great way to earn premium while targeting solid entry points. What am I missing here?

This was a put buy though. A play against PLTR
FishrCoAg
AG
Mr President Elect said:

Lester Freamon said:

Selling puts on stocks you want to own at attractive entry points seems like a great way to earn premium while targeting solid entry points. What am I missing here?

Somebody sold them though. What am I missing?
McKinney Ag69
AG
FishrCoAg said:

Mr President Elect said:

Lester Freamon said:

Somebody sold them though. What am I missing?

They could have just been netting some premium to open a position in PLTR. Share volume may be more indicative of what move you should make. For example:

Pasquale Liucci
AG
I was working out the math on a covered short strangle on $WWR today when the stock was sub $6.00. Sell the Feb 5P for $0.35 and sell the Feb 7.5C for $1.05, buy shares to cover the short call position.

If you get called out on the put, you are accumulating additional shares at $5 less premium collected, if called on the call you are making ~$1.50 on the stock plus your call and put premium.
Brewmaster
AG
Aggie118 said:

BREwmaster said:

IBIO:
that was a Covid play. I think they're in the vaccine production biz (with the intent of cranking them out fast). Seeing it back down under $2, it doesn't look like it's run lasted. It does look like it has reversed trend (and up AH).

I like ITRM a lot more, if looking for a bio with some real room to run. It should hit 3 to $4.

and of course a board favorite (an OA play), MBIO - my biggest holding at the moment.
Thanks for the insight! I haven't followed ITRM, what do you feel would be a good price point to hop in? Thanks

I have a small position at 1.90 avg, but a good buddy of mine is in full at this level (1.90's). With any bio though, take profits when you get there ($3+).
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Account transfer question for you all: it looks like my options are to a) do an ACAT and move an entire account, b) transfer shares and cash, c) liquidate and move cash

Does anyone have experience with ACAT? I am going to likely move from a centralized approach to using multiple brokerages.
Post removed:
by user
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Account transfer question for you all: it looks like my options are to a) do an ACAT and move an entire account, b) transfer shares and cash, c) liquidate and move cash

Does anyone have experience with ACAT? I am going to likely move from a centralized approach to using multiple brokerages.
Morning. Someone posted on here a few weeks back I think it took them 5 days via ACAT to transfer their shares to the new brokerage (to IBKR in this case). I too will have accounts at multiple (TDA & IBKR) at least for now and for sure until I am comfortable with the second brokerage. I have moved cash via ACH to my bank then to IBKR but not shares at this point. I decided to leave the shares that are not necessarily near term where they are at the moment. Short term or trade positions as I liquidate those I then move that cash and do not rebuy new positions in the 'old accounts'.. All new share buys even if I own the same in the 'old' accounts have been in the new account.

Not sure that is the best approach but what seemed least disruptive to me.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
Morning all...Red morning with some things up some down for me. Will watch the action and if I see those flash down MTs (Model Ts) I may try and take advantage of one or two to scalp some profits on the day.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

McInnis 03
AG
Good news!

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

Good news!

Remember the day when it was that range? Hard to believe it went from there to over $850 in less than 9 months.

FJ43
$MBIO hit $5.18 premarket.

BrokeAssAggie
FJ43 said:

This thing is slowly but surely making its way up. Wonder if we get a 30% pop on a single day or will it just keep doing its thing.
gougler08
AG
Lester Freamon said:

The downside is that if the stock goes nuts and runs a lot, you will only get the premium and none of the gains from the big run
FJ43
CrazyRichAggie said:

FJ43 said:

This thing is slowly but surely making its way up. Wonder if we get a 30% pop on a single day or will it just keep doing its thing.
I would think it may rise slowly and reconsolidate at some point again just not the $3 range. It will need some catalyst to cause any meaningful pop IMO.

McInnis 03
AG
Can someone explain drawdown for this dummy?

B&I Key:
BrokeAssAggie
FJ43 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

FJ43 said:

I would think it may rise slowly and reconsolidate at some point again just not the $3 range. It will need some catalyst to cause any meaningful pop IMO.

Yeah, it's been 3 steps up, 1 step down over that past month or feels like.
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

Can someone explain drawdown for this dummy?

The value in dollars or percentage something drops from the high to low over a specified period of time. Before the next high point is achieved. Like Model T can work intraday, day, week, month, etc.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
$AMD up nicely in a weak market. Did we miss the entry?
gig em 02
Bob Knights Liver said:

I think a lot of us have been in it for a while.
FJ43
Struggling to make a game plan for this morning other than watch for scalp opportunities. Might should unplug the mouse.

tailgatetimer10
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

16 dollar averaged here. Not including my sells and rebuy as it climbed.

The general consensus here is not IF it goes over 100, but WHEN
Bob Knights Paper Hands
tailgatetimer10 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

16 dollar averaged here. Not including my sells and rebuy as it climbed.

The general consensus here is not IF it goes over 100, but WHEN

I've had shares but I was talking about playing the earnings. If we open at almost 93.5 buying calls may be tough. Maybe I'll look at butterflies for this one.
First Page Last Page
Page 2855 of 6624

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.