Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,992,841 Views | 231574 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by EliteZags
0708aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Went from a puke in my mouth kind of day to up slightly due to hedges.

I'll take it.
AgEE10
AG
Quote:

I'd sell my children to get assigned XL at $17.50 with a $5.40 premium earned. $12.10 assigned. Fill me up!
so OA's kids for sale soon is what you're thinking?
FJ43
AgEE10 said:

Quote:

I'd sell my children to get assigned XL at $17.50 with a $5.40 premium earned. $12.10 assigned. Fill me up!
so OA's kids for sale soon is what you're thinking?

You never know!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
Trying Dan's PS60 AH play to see if I can scalp a buck on $ADMP. Always wanted to and not big money but for fun. He sent the alert I used the M-T down and found the 50% mark. Filled there (actually bounced there) so we will see if it worked.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Slappy007
AG

PERI had a heavy volume rejection of the head and shoulders pattern today after an offering was announced last night. Seems to be pretty bullish to me and operates in a similar area as MGNI. I jumped in some of the 2/19 $15C's this afternoon.
bexar
EGOC
My buddy said Vanguard was going to let him but he didn't have the cash on hand to fully test that with a buy.
Fidelity shot me down as well.
mc_shipman
Well, as of today, my account has doubled up from what it was on Sept. 1st. Small time operation, so that's easier to do and all. Pretty satisfying nonetheless.
WestTXag18
For those of you that use hedges - could you explain what you use and how you determine how much to hedge? I want to limit risk without just selling out of all of my stocks.
Boat Shoes
AG

Thoughts?
Running with the Bulls
$WWR

Check out the last time WWR spiked on 11/16. Our latest spike day (yesterday) and today's action look very similar as well as volume. Would like to hear other folks with better technical analysis discuss since I've heard several folks discussing reentry at some point in shares (as well as puts and CCs).

jbeck3487
AG
TheVarian said:

What are "dark pools"?
Dark pools are private exchanges for trading securities that are not accessible by the investing public. Dark pools were created in order to facilitate block trading by institutional investors who did not wish to impact the markets with their large orders and obtain adverse prices for their trades.

McInnis 03
AG
Boat Shoes said:

Thoughts?

No thoughts on lotz but I can tell you I saw the same rationale on IPOC/CLOVER and I'm still waiting for the gravy train to pull into the station
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Boat Shoes said:

Thoughts?
I have no idea. With the way Spacs are going when I look to buy one I get the feeling I am investing in Tulips

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

SPOE looks like a good company and some of these EV names will eventually become good companies and others SPACs look like good ideas but which ones (SRAC maybe)?

There is some much hype over SPACs and they don't seem to have the same revenue or public disclosure of a typical public company that you know some of these are going to get huge then go to zero. I just have no idea which ones.
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
bigtoneag
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

Curious to hear everyone's Thoughts on this and it's effect on the market?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-20/biden-team-fears-virus-surge-imperils-pledge-to-curb-pandemic
Sounds like a bunch of CYA to me.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
McInnis 03 said:

FTOC halted, spac action.

Payoneer said to be in merger talks with FTOC
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Payoneer

Had never heard of Payoneer. Any thoughts on this. It says it has been around since 2005 but never heard of it.
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
gig em 02
The general idea I have seen is buy as close to $10-11 as possible and then sell around $19 for these spacs
McKinney Ag69
AG

This is NOT investment advice. It's up to you to do your research and seek a professional, but interesting nonetheless.
cptthunder
Fightin_Aggie said:

Boat Shoes said:

Thoughts?
I have no idea. With the way Spacs are going when I look to buy one I get the feeling I am investing in Tulips

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

SPOE looks like a good company and some of these EV names will eventually become good companies and others SPACs look like good ideas but which ones (SRAC maybe)?

There is some much hype over SPACs and they don't seem to have the same revenue or public disclosure of a typical public company that you know some of these are going to get huge then go to zero. I just have no idea which ones.

So seeing all of this new interest in SPACs i would caution everyone for anything but short term trades at this point. They were the hot thing in O&G and burned so much capital it was staggering.
I would just look into the history of Alta Mesa and the SPAC SilverRun. As mentioned above some of these deals get done to get done and not based on good financial or shareholders best interest. I worked with people looking at the same assets as many of the SPAC deals and the delta between what we came up with and what the SPAC transacted at was huge
Not trying to pee in anyones cheerios and not saying there may not be some good trades to be had just wanted to wave a flag of caution
austinAG90
AG
Yeah, I own a bunch of them, none that have gone too crazy..npa probably the best one so far, but I sell every pop, buying units at 10.15-10.40 selling warrants when they split and waiting..who knows its nuts but working. its a riskless arb. Buying these units at 10.15- 10.40 or 50 gets you a half or 1/3 new warrant and one common. So the warrants usually open at 1.00 to 1.75 takes cost basis below escrowed cash so free call on a deal. I'm not taking any business risk valuations are insane, so just buying the new issues day of or day or 2 after and buying on dips. Than waiting takes about a month before they split the units,Fidelity doesn't charge to split the units, IB does so I split only at fido
Jet Black
Ags2013 said:

Was anyone able to place an order on EGOC? If so, what did you use. We called Fidelity and they said it was too risky even after being approved for penny stocks.

Was able to buy it through E*TRADE.
BayAg_14
United burning through cash. Saying it will be at least 2023 until we see 2019 numbers.

McKinney Ag69
AG
Jet Black said:

Ags2013 said:

Was anyone able to place an order on EGOC? If so, what did you use. We called Fidelity and they said it was too risky even after being approved for penny stocks.

Was able to buy it through E*TRADE.
I was told you can't buy it on Fidelity because EGOC has not kept up to date with their SEC filings.%A0
trip98
AG
$ENG advice needed

have 200 shares. Cost basis at $1.48 thanks to pulling in premiums since December. Made a mistake by getting a little greedy and thinking no way it skyrockets as it hadn't moved in forever. Mistake is I originally sold a March $7.50 C for $25. Then sold a February $7.50 C for $35. So now 100% shares covered and todays closing price is at $7.60.

Getting called out on both of those would be great profit so no matter what I'm in good shape. BUT I'd like to try to get net free on half my position so here's what I'm thinking:

buy back the february call now at about $160 and then sell the March $15 call for $80. Net cost of $80 but I potentially gain $750 if called out. And if not called out I keep at least half of my position.

OR do I just let it ride and see if February closes around/above $7.50. If called out at that point, decide if I want to buy back March call or let that ride as well.
gig em 02
BayAg_14 said:

United burning through cash. Saying it will be at least 2023 until we see 2019 numbers.

New administration and union heavy companies are coming with all hands out
FJ43
FJ43 said:

Trying Dan's PS60 AH play to see if I can scalp a buck on $ADMP. Always wanted to and not big money but for fun. He sent the alert I used the M-T down and found the 50% mark. Filled there (actually bounced there) so we will see if it worked.
8% quick trade. I'd do it again for fun......

Ornithopter
AG
Their website doesn't really seem to make much of the diesel emissions stuff. If it's the right place.

http://energy-1.net/
FJ43
ARK is buying a lot of this daily.

ARKG
01/20/2021
Buy
TAK
TAKEDA PHARMACEUTICAL CO LTD
614,794 Shares

AGSmith
AG
trip98 said:

$ENG advice needed

have 200 shares. Cost basis at $1.48 thanks to pulling in premiums since December. Made a mistake by getting a little greedy and thinking no way it skyrockets as it hadn't moved in forever. Mistake is I originally sold a March $7.50 C for $25. Then sold a February $7.50 C for $35. So now 100% shares covered and todays closing price is at $7.60.

Getting called out on both of those would be great profit so no matter what I'm in good shape. BUT I'd like to try to get net free on half my position so here's what I'm thinking:

buy back the february call now at about $160 and then sell the March $15 call for $80. Net cost of $80 but I potentially gain $750 if called out. And if not called out I keep at least half of my position.

OR do I just let it ride and see if February closes around/above $7.50. If called out at that point, decide if I want to buy back March call or let that ride as well.

It depends on your risk tolerance, but I would wait until closer to the February expiration before you make any moves. By waiting until closer to the expiry, you will limit the time value cost of the option that you have to buy back.
Touchless
AG
trip98 said:

$ENG advice needed

Given there's still almost a month before February expiry, a lot can happen. That said, I'd personally suggest giving it until at least next week to see if it pulls back some first and see what it does to end the week. If it doesn't pull back, then you can still buy it back and extend into March for a higher strike.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
FJ43 said:

ARK is buying a lot of this daily.

ARKG
01/20/2021
Buy
TAK
TAKEDA PHARMACEUTICAL CO LTD
614,794 Shares
Roche as well (RHHBY). Rumors that Roche and GILD could merge. I can't find anything substantive on that, other than some speculation.
FTAG 2000
AG
Disclaimer: rookie on options (waiting for next Thursday with OA really), in the middle of a big work project go live, no time to read up on or look to get into options.

AMZN. If I wanted to go after $4k strikes for 1/29, it's showing 1.65 bid, 1.92 ask.

Is my cost 165-192 depending on bid?

Is Fidelity going to let me make that trade as is, or is there an expectation I have enough in my account to buy the 100 shares at 4000 a pop if it hits?

Once all you options veterans finish laughing, thanks in advance.

Irish 2.0
AG 2000' said:

Disclaimer: rookie on options (waiting for next Thursday with OA really), in the middle of a big work project go live, no time to read up on or look to get into options.

AMZN. If I wanted to go after $4k strikes for 1/29, it's showing 1.65 bid, 1.92 ask.

Is my cost 165-192 depending on bid?

Is Fidelity going to let me make that trade as is, or is there an expectation I have enough in my account to buy the 100 shares at 4000 a pop if it hits?

Once all you options veterans finish laughing, thanks in advance.

Bid/Ask is cost/share. If it's showing 1.77, that means it is $177/contract. You don't need the have the money to exercise the contract. I would strongly suggest not buying AMZN 1/29 Calls that are ~$700 OTM
Bob Knights Paper Hands
When I last activated options I had to activate margin as well. That may have changed with Fidelity.

I would read through this https://www.fidelity.com/learning-center/investment-products/options/call-options-basics and watch the videos in the learning center and then call the Fidelity help desk.

To answer your question about cost - they give you current bid and ask prices. If you want to fill quickly when buying options, you might want to put it closer to the ask price. If the stock is moving in your favor or you want to milk the price you can set your price to buy closer to the bid or at some other price that you choose. You can review and edit your order after placing it. Since you'll buy contracts of 100 shares, yes you'll pay 100x the price you agree to pay to buy the option.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I think it's a long shot but if someone bought a small number (or 1) of these to learn, that might not be the worst thing. Of course you can also do this with fake money by paper trading. Since the question was are timing around next week's earnings calls to they might want to price it another week or two out as well to give the stock time to run a bit.
Thundergon
First Page Last Page
Page 2841 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.