Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,013,310 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by ProgN
sts7049
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
alright, something i need help understanding.

i sold the WWR feb 19 $12.5c for 0.48. but i don't understand why it says my break even price is 12.98? or the market value is negative?

i hope i didn't do something wrong!

AgEng06
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I'll tell you this. I'd buy MVIS all day selling $8 Feb 19 covered calls for $1+ with sidelined money. Heck, you only get $0.30 more for the $7 calls.
Would you still do this, if I were to jump into 100 shares now around $6.90? Sell the $8 Feb 19CC?
gigemJTH12
AG
$BB wants 12
0708aggie
AG
Breakeven price is for the purchaser of those calls. There to help you make the decision. The market value will always be negative. You collected the premium in cash, so until the covered call expires, is sold, etc, it will be negative to go against the cash you received. As it nears expiration the thought would be that the market value goes closer to 0.
Running with the Bulls
I am now net free on CIDM on some additional shares!
Engine10
AG
You're fine, just a nuance of how it shows
BobFriend13
AG
Can't wait
sts7049
AG
awesome, thanks!
McInnis 03
AG
sts7049 said:

alright, something i need help understanding.

i sold the WWR feb 19 $12.5c for 0.48. but i don't understand why it says my break even price is 12.98? or the market value is negative?

i hope i didn't do something wrong!

$12.98 or below and you ended up winning the trade at time of expiry. $12.99 or above and technically you "left money on the table".
Running with the Bulls
MGNI pushing for $35 today?
FJ43
$COTY - Hadn't been much traffic on this one on the thread. This one is is on the handle right now and just seems like it has to go at some point.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

0708aggie
AG
Power Hour......Let's go.
jwhitlock3
Holding shares on it now, waiting on the breakout burned me on options.
0708aggie
AG
I think everyone is tired of looking at it. It just sits there and smiles.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

McInnis 03 said:

OMG, FB at 244. Gap fill for 234 maybe?
It bounced fast back above 245. If it holds 245, it should start moving back north of 250.

Going to watch it tomorrow, and possibly make a move on it, if 245 holds.
The Jan 2022 leaps ATM seem like a really nice play on this.....I will see if it can close over 249, or gain momentum there
Did anyone move on FB? Beautiful bounce off that 200day EMA touch working now.
fightintxag13
AG
FJ43 said:

$COTY - Hadn't been much traffic on this one on the thread. This one is is on the handle right now and just seems like it has to go at some point.
I got out of the options on this and started acquiring shares. I've got quite a bit in shares, but I'm waiting for it to drop below 6.70 to sell some $7 Feb puts to potentially add a 3rd tier to my holdings. This sucker is gonna rocket eventually.
mc_shipman
$ENG. Does this look like it'll keep running? Trying to figure out best level to continue selling covered calls.
Maedan86
AG
Maedan86 said:

Anyone else following or still in RLFTF for their Covid therapeutic drug AVIPTADIL?

Fairly good article on it in Seeking Alpha. Link below. They just finished enrollment in Phase 3 trial and key mover (if it happens) will be FDA approval of EUA, which could be this month or in Jan. or Feb? Prelim results show recovery rate of 70-80 percent from clearing lungs for Critical Covid cases

I think the drug will be proven effective (already proven safe) but biggest downside risks are vaccine EUAs, politics and that it's not developed by big Pharma in U.S.

I took a fairly big position (for me) in it a few months ago when it was first mentioned on this board and still hanging on. This is my lotto pic stock, but it may have moved beyond lotto status now

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4392263-relief-therapeutics-covid-treatment-for-emergencies
Anyone else in RLFTF?

Volume and price picking up today in anticipation of results from Phase 3 trial, which ends 1/21. Who knows when results will be revealed, though. Could be late this week, could be several weeks.

Good results (same as those reported in earlier phases) could get emergency or full use approval from FDA.
Bad results or another delay (goal post move) could cut the price in half so beware.

I'm also in the SPAC for this ticker BRPA

https://wsvn.com/news/local/miami-dade/miami-beach-doctor-recovering-from-covid-19-after-taking-new-drug/

ag94whoop
AG
$SNAP is almost 11% down from lasts weeks high. Is this all cause of the Trump ban? They were upgraded on several platforms and so I'm surprised by the continued fall. I bought into what I thought was a dip and it kept sliding.

Similar thing with $SDC

Trying to decide whether I should cut losses or hold. Gut tells me to hold $SNAP but not sure about $SDC
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Just realized I got blocked by one of my favorite follows and now my day is bummed.
CLUTCHCITYAG FOR THE WIN!

Sent Steve a note and apparently it was an accident. UNBLOCKED! LET'S MAKE MORE MONAYYYYYYYYYYYY!
cmk10
AG
Are we still feeling decent about XL Fleet? it has dropped below $20 now.
Phat32
AG
Know this guy personally
FJ43
And right on que $MVIS back above $7. Hope we didn't cause that.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

McInnis 03
AG
You do?
BrokeAssAggie
WWR $7 today?!?!
oldarmy1
AG
ag94whoop said:

$SNAP is almost 11% down from lasts weeks high. Is this all cause of the Trump ban? They were upgraded on several platforms and so I'm surprised by the continued fall. I bought into what I thought was a dip and it kept sliding.

Similar thing with $SDC

Trying to decide whether I should cut losses or hold. Gut tells me to hold $SNAP but not sure about $SDC
Depending on your capital position I hardly ever take losses anymore. Instead I reach out whatever length I need to make up for the loss PLUS a shorter term put, in case it continues down. Wouldn't do that on SDC but SNAP.

EXAMPLE: Feb 5 $51 calls at $3.40 would be $54.40 if called out. Not sure what your avg cost is.
Mr President Elect
AG
I'm thinking if WWR runs up to $7.40sh I am going to sell cc's on the remainder of my shares for downside protection and then just roll them if it doesn't come back down.
ClutchCityAg
gigemJTH12
AG
$WWR

BrokeAssAggie
I am sure OA seminar will go into more details but this was a good 101 on covered calls

Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

$WWR

Phat32
AG
McInnis 03 said:

You do?
Spouse used to work with him. See him from time to time still. Didn't realize he was still trading.
oldarmy1
AG
Been patiently watching and waiting for CLOV to signal and entered Feb 19 $17.50's $0.90
oldarmy1
AG
Scott Redler is on WWR now. WELCOME TO THE PARTY PAL. Bet you're not at $3 entry
GigEmRangers75455
WWR 7 on deck
First Page Last Page
Page 2826 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.