Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,013,242 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by ProgN
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FJ43 said:

$WWR - you can sell Feb $12.50s right now for about $0,50. Kind of no brainer to me anyway if you haven't sold covered calls yet.
I'm kind of looking at selling PUT spreads for AUG, 7.5/5 for maybe $1.5 or more.
Engine10
AG
tremble said:

What kind of accounts are people trading in? Is this IRAs or just regular taxable accounts? I love watching this thread but am a little intimidated by all the terms thrown around.

por que no los dos?! It's both for me
Chef Elko
AG
WWR feb $12.5 covered call gang
I'm the new 50 Cent
Engine10
AG
CastleRock said:

I'm holding Feb05 $30c PLTR net free.

Feels like a dumb question, but do I sell or exercise?

Edit - Just sell!

Exercising would make you pay for the shares at $30/a share...which is above where it is now.

Engine10
AG
McInnis 03 said:

FJ43 said:

$WWR - you can sell Feb $12.50s right now for about $0,50. Kind of no brainer to me anyway if you haven't sold covered calls yet.
I'm kind of looking at selling PUT spreads for AUG, 7.5/5 for maybe $1.5 or more.

Spicy - I like that
ProgN
Danwell Home said:

WWR feb $12.5 covered call gang
I'm the new 50 Cent
"Go Shorty....it's your birthday"
cmk10
AG
It will drop some, then just buy at a better price point.
leoj
AG
Post removed:
by user
sts7049
AG
FJ43 said:

to hell with it, i jumped in the pool. let's see how this goes!
AgEng06
AG
FJ43 said:

So just for clarity, since I'm mostly a put seller... If you sell the Feb $12.50 covered call and it expires ITM, you get exercised and lose 100 shares. But you will collect approximately $50 premium plus $1,250 for the 100 shares. Is that correct?

The downside is if it runs way above $12.50 you lose the gains you could have had above $12.50.

Engine10
AG
No worries! If we're only ITM a little and it were me, I'd still sell and move on to something else. Capture gains and look for the next trade.

I only ever look at exercising if we've blown past my strike and support is forming above it. Example-I exercised some Jan $17 PLTR calls in December when it flew to $30, then had its worst day but still held $20. I wanted more shares so paid the $17/per to exercise.
khaos288
AG
Yup.
wmitchell
AG
AgEng06 said:

FJ43 said:

So just for clarity, since I'm mostly a put seller... If you sell the Feb $12.50 covered call and it expires ITM, you get exercised and lose 100 shares. But you will collect approximately $50 premium plus $1,250 for the 100 shares. Is that correct?

The downside is if it runs way above $12.50 you lose the gains you could have had above $12.50.

Yes that is my understanding as well
TexasAg2017
AG
Profit is profit but I'm feeling kinda dumb for selling those 7.5s on WWR when it was at 5.60 this morning.
FJ43
AgEng06 said:

FJ43 said:

Yep. If you get called away you keep the $0.50 X 100 + $12.50 X 100 for a total of $13 share. Not bad return eh?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Mr President Elect
AG
Yes. But if it is way past the strike price, there should be other options further out with higher premiums. You should be able to buy back the 12.50 to close and sell cc's further out for a net gain.
AgEng06
AG
Thanks guys (all of you) . I appreciate it.
oldarmy1
AG
CastleRock said:

oldarmy1 said:

I went all the way to May $7.50 to get $2.05 covered calls on my WWR trading portion. $9.55 or $2.05 taking effective hold price just below $3 is a win for 25% of shares towards net free one direction or the other.

Working through an example to see if I have this right, with round numbers:

Buy 1000 shares at $5/share

Sell 3 May21 7.50c @ 2.05 for $615?

Hold calls to expiry? If it's at $10/share on strike date, they get called away and you make $750, plus the $615 premium?
Yes, but if I only had 1000 shares I'd go for the net free or reduced pricing by selling the May $10 at $1.7 instead.
0708aggie
AG
So how was the call?
oldarmy1
AG
We're going to spend a SIGNIFICANT amount of seminar time on options. The great equalizer to market makers.
Post removed:
by user
TexasAg2017
AG
TexasAg2017 said:

Profit is profit but I'm feeling kinda dumb for selling those 7.5s on WWR when it was at 5.60 this morning.

On the bright side, I'm down to a $0.10 average on my remaining shares of CIDM. So that's nice
Engine10
AG
CastleRock said:

Another fun hypothetical for the smart crowd, which I'm struggling to join:

Let's say you bought WWR at $5 and sold May21 7.50c. In March/April, WWR has drifted back down to $5.75-$6.00/share.

Do you close out your CCs?

Not so important on where you bought shares at vs where you sold the CC against those shares. Lot of time left on those options so I'd hold and soak out more premium
jbeck3487
AG
CastleRock said:

Another fun hypothetical for the smart crowd, which I'm struggling to join:

Let's say you bought WWR at $5 and sold May21 7.50c. In March/April, WWR has drifted back down to $5.75-$6.00/share.

Do you close out your CCs?
I think you have to look at what the option price is. Are you happy with the gain? Do you want to wait for more decay?

For example, I sold the Feb 5p for 1.20. It is currently at .65. I will be waiting for more decay because I think it is unlikely to be more expensive to buy back around the exp date.
jbeck3487
AG
CIDM back over 1
Maedan86
AG
jj9000 said:

Am I the only one that sees the WWR ticker...and has some variation of World Wrestling go off in their head?
I can relate. When I see ticker PHUN, I can't get the word phuntang out of my head.
0708aggie
AG
So pumped. My book is supposed to be delivered today.

Tomorrow we conquer the world!
McInnis 03
AG

oldarmy1
AG
MVIS update - He was clearly not wanting to divulge any growth numbers ahead of March earnings report. They have added twice as many channel marketers since August of last year. He sees an opportunity to add another 50% in 2021.

Margins have remained consistent and he was taken back by my knowing their current EBITDA. It sounds like they are exceeding their targets, but again, he was evasive. The competitive landscape is neutral, so pricing pressures shouldn't be an issue. He think the economy will continue to be fertile through 2021.

It sounds like they are about to pay off most of their short term notes, although they could be restructuring those into longer term, due to the favorable longer term rates.
oldarmy1
AG
McInnis 03 said:

No time to read. Did he sell a naked call on SPY?
Colt98
AG
well that sounds positive!
gig em 02
I think he sold 115,000 of them
jwhitlock3
Is MVIS a longer term hold with a price target or just something to purchase with the anticipation the company will be acquired and share price will rocket? I've been spending some time reading on them and everything I've read seems to point to their reduced debt making them a candidate for acquisition or a partner like Apple and Hyundai have been discussing.
YNWA_AG
AG
oldarmy1 said:

We're going to spend a SIGNIFICANT amount of seminar time on options. The great equalizer to market makers.

I did have a question for the seminar on how you pick the optimal time value for your moves
First Page Last Page
Page 2825 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.